• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Honestly I'll always trust Meltzer over any active performer.
B6lQhyG.gif

Kaladin

Perfectly stated, it's ridiculous that some still refuse to acknowledge this

It's difficult when you have posters who are correctly accused of this, but when they're accused they try to change the definition and make it out like you're accusation is the negative thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A lot of the hate for the Meltz seems to come from shitty knockoff dirtsheet sites playing 2nd hand reporting on whatever Meltzer said, e.g. he'll say "Rusev has a nagging knee issue" and then WrestleZone or something will report it as clickbait - "Rusev Injured - Will He Be Available for WrestleMania?"

Anth0ny

Trolling. In a wrestling context, its something like if a poster says they think Daniel Bryan would put on a good match with some other wrestler, someone responds with "there's no way a goat-faced vanilla midget goat could ever put on a good match with him balee dat friend," usually in more words and catchphrases. Also known as "getting your shit in" - an empty reply without any purpose other than dropping memes and catchphrases.

Well said. There's a HUGE difference between having an opinion that's different from most and straight up trolling. There was a lot more of the latter in these threads than the former.

Fox318

How many of these performers lie or can't even state the same story twice?

Even Rusev's injruy he was clearly working hurt.

Or fucking BNB being placed in Tag matches with him scared to look active in the match and never tagged in.

Meltzer has a track record and isn't hired by a crazy carny ass company lead by a nut.

somedevil

Trolling. In a wrestling context, its something like if a poster says they think Daniel Bryan would put on a good match with some other wrestler, someone responds with "there's no way a goat-faced vanilla midget goat could ever put on a good match with him balee dat friend," usually in more words and catchphrases. Also known as "getting your shit in" - an empty reply without any purpose other than dropping memes and catchphrases.

Yep that was a big problem:

Also, this was just noticed it seems. The young bucks were on ECW on a live version of the Dirtsheet with Miz and Morrison in 2008.

They played DX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4QKJZoEmvE

It's difficult when you have posters who are correctly accused of this, but when they're accused they try to change the definition and make it out like you're accusation is the negative thing.

Unfortunately, that's the standard reply. It got to the point where I stopped calling it out (and visited WrassleGAF less) because it was always the same reply

Fox318

A lot of the hate for the Meltz seems to come from shitty knockoff dirtsheet sites playing 2nd hand reporting on whatever Meltzer said, e.g. he'll say "Rusev has a nagging knee issue" and then WrestleZone or something will report it as clickbait - "Rusev Injured - Will He Be Available for WrestleMania?"

Meanwhile every radio show of them now is them afraid to comment because Wrestlezone, whatculture, or social media will pick up a story and run with it.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bingo.

I sort of object to the insinuation that Dave Meltzer isn't himself a "performer". He has the longest running character in wrestling and may in fact be the original "gimmick poster".

This is about as good a definition as we're gonna get so yeah, this.

All that said my enjoyment of Kane is real, I ain't trying to work anyone here.

Nekofrog

Banned

i went back into lurking for a while after it got so bad that there was the guy claiming that Eva Marie was getting "legit heel heat" instead of "go away" heat, and that she was going to be the future of the womens division for an entire page on and on before renegging and saying "you guys know i was joking right".

That's not joking. That's outright trolling a conversation people were having about the state of the womens division. That's the kind of crap that drives people away. Nobody wants to sift through "joke posts" to that degree while a real discussion is going on.

Zach

By the way, welcome back Zach. This place literally can't go without you.

I know you're not being cheeky. You would never be cheeky. So thanks, sweetie.

Just because he calls them Jimmy Haitch, Joan Cena, Romanian Reigns and Barack doesn't make it a schtick!

<3

I don't even mind the schtick! Especially since he only pops in once in a while! But to act like "who, meeeee?" and contribute to the thread getting closed again would be pretty crappy. That's it. That's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to have personal vendettas with you people!

Haha, god. I hate you guys.

Verendus

Banned
I don't even mind the schtick! Especially since he only pops in once in a while! But to act like "who, meeeee?" and contribute to the thread getting closed again would be pretty crappy. That's it. That's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to have personal vendettas with you people!

Haha, god. I hate you guys.
Sorry friend, but you made this personal.

As far as I'm concerned, I need to wipe you off the face of this Earth. The vendetta is real. It's so real.

Pavaloo

cool! monthly thread is back, what up y'all

edit: in regards to the community and insularity -
i really like verendus' post and tend to agree with it, but like himself, i can be absent for long periods so I can't comment on the day to day.

I will say I agree particularly with his point about negativity. Nekofrog made a good point about an entire page or so dedicated to people ironically talking about Eva's ability to draw heat - I get that can be very tiring and understand what you mean by that. Having said that, I believe that is born as a reaction/backlash to the weeks (if not months) of reading about how awful she is or how she is the representation of everything wrong with the company. I've read posts where someone got legitimately upset at the hypothetical that Eva gets put into a match Asuka and beats her clean. I can only expend so much negative energy on hypotheticals. I don't know it's like cynicism meeting cynicism sometimes. Fans who are cynical about WWE's product clashing with fans who are cynical of jaded or smark wrestling fans. I had to leave the board a lot during the whole Daniel Bryan vs Authority run because of how negative the board could get. I couldn't come in and say I enjoyed Randy Orton without being questioned as a gimmick poster. If I said I enjoyed RAW I could get a ton of condescension. Can't say I watch Total Divas without being told I'm the reason Divas Division is failing or again, gimmick posting, etc. Whatever I don't feel the same way now because I've spent so much time away, so maybe a lot of what I'm talking about is gone with the wind, but those are my two cents. ~

UberTag

He has the potential to have a hugely over face run when he comes back.

I fully expect WWE to suck all of the air out of it immediately after his initial return.
Remember when Orton came back to a hot as fuck crowd and they immediately put the damper on it by having him "work for the Authority" again so he could turn on them later - even though they were the ones to put him on the shelf in the first place?

Expect Seth to do that.

Mahonay

Banned
No one ever trolls in WrassleGAF. There are only bullies.
soupisgood_medium.gif

Remember when Orton came back to a hot as fuck crowd and they immediately put the damper on it by having him "work for the Authority" again so he could turn on them later - even though they were the ones to put him on the shelf in the first place?

Expect Seth to do that.
Lol yeeeep.

Expect Seth to do that.

Ugh, that's just depressing, and totally happening

Kaladin

Schick is one thing, it's when you let your shtick color your response that it becomes gimmick posting. What I mean is this: you can say catchphrases all you want, but if you start giving opinions like a certain wrestler would (and we can tell, believe me), and talking as if you were them and not yourself, that is when the conversation becomes difficult and people feel like they can't talk to you.

jmdajr

i went back into lurking for a while after it got so bad that there was the guy claiming that Eva Marie was getting "legit heel heat" instead of "go away" heat, and that she was going to be the future of the womens division for an entire page on and on before renegging and saying "you guys know i was joking right".

That's not joking. That's outright trolling a conversation people were having about the state of the womens division. That's the kind of crap that drives people away. Nobody wants to sift through "joke posts" to that degree while a real discussion is going on.

2016-01-18-all-red-everything.jpg

Expect Seth to do that.
I actually forgot about this, what a blunder.

No one ever trolls in WrassleGAF. There are only bullies.
soupisgood_medium.gif

"pick up the bag"

klonere

Banned

Expect Seth to do that.

giphy.gif

Shadow780

I'm not joking and I am not gimmick posting, Eva Marie is going to be a great heel champ one day.

Zach

I'm not joking and I am not gimmick posting, Eva Marie is going to be a great heel champ one day.

She is great as a heel, even though she just bumbled into it. The problem is that she shouldn't be wrestling. She's terrible, sure, but she also seems especially dangerous.

Oersted

Just reading Rusev's recent tweets about Meltzer just solidifies how awesome Rusev is and he just quickly needs to get away from that League of Jobbers stable. He deserves another push but who knows if that'll ever happen.

Given that he is last man standing, I guess they scrap the storyline and make him job to Social Outcasts.

shaowebb

Heh...you know who I could honestly see WWE bidding for next? John Morrison. Last I heard he was teaming with Matt Hardy and Anderson for some TNA cross promotional thingy. That and Lucha Underground and he keeps losing there.
Guy is already built up as "The Next Shawn Michaels" with WWE anyway. May as well use him. At this point he's probably one of the best options they have on bringing in folks with little to no build up required to push back into filling up PPV cards to draw numbers. Plus...he'd work good with AJ.

Shadow780

She is great as a heel, even though she just bumbled into it. The problem is that she shouldn't be wrestling. She's terrible, sure, but she also seems especially dangerous.

The irony is that if she can wrestle, she wouldn't gotten as much heat as she's getting now.

On your advice I checked it out Somewhat Groovy. It seems like you're using it as a platform to coordinate getting me banned with Sephzilla, so thanks for the heads up I suppose.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Heh...you know who I could honestly see WWE bidding for next? John Morrison. Last I heard he was teaming with Matt Hardy and Anderson for some TNA cross promotional thingy. That and Lucha Underground and he keeps losing there.
Guy is already built up as "The Next Shawn Michaels" with WWE anyway. May as well use him. At this point he's probably one of the best options they have on bringing in folks with little to no build up required to push back into filling up PPV cards to draw numbers. Plus...he'd work good with AJ.
They don't actually have a problem filling the cards up. WM is going to have:

Reigns
Ambrose
Wyatt
New Day
League of Nations
Undertaker
Divas

None of which should be expected to work the same match, not to mention Styles or Jericho if they're not working together (I expect it - I think Jericho asks for a rematch at Fastlane, cheats to win and goes heel). It's simple booking for a match that can be carried almost entirely on the mic by Jericho.

Jamie OD

I missed everything after New Year's Dash leading up to this last Shinsuke show.

Have all of the crowds turned on Hirooki Goto this hard?

It's intentional. Goto's been playing the spoilsport rather well lately by constantly attacking Okada and trying to muscle in on Nakamura's final match.

klonere

Banned
It's intentional. Goto's been playing the spoilsport rather well lately by constantly attacking Okada and trying to muscle in on Nakamura's final match.

Goto that finally snaps after constantly being the also ran loser is a great gimmick. Even if that is pretty much what happened to Naito.

Ingobs Goto?

Zach

SomewhatGroovy. Perspisappity. It's time to rumble.

IT'S TIME... FOR THE ROYAL RUUUMMMBLLLEEE!

Seriously, watch Royal Rumble '92. That intro alone will make you guys feel better.

Top Bottom