• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

There were a few 'stacked cage' matches and concepts in WCW. Some where you found new people on different levels, some with tunnels, it's weird. You're not crazy.
Thank you.

Seriously.. I have brought this up to friends on multiple occasions and they always call me crazy and im like look mother fuckers i saw this shit with my own eyeballs and it was insane.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough.

I also don't think that not buying the Network sends that message - it sends the "your library is not worth my money" which is totally not the case I'm hit with. It's weird, the Network is full of crazy amounts of content but I don't think it's as clear as a pre-sale for 6 ppvs. Hell, that stuff is on the backburner for me.

I dunno, I dunno...I want it all!

Alucard

Banned
How many people actually want to see Orton lose the title tonight? And would it be to Bryan, Batista, or someone else? REALLY hope they don't pull the trigger on Bryan until Mania.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I also don't think that not buying the Network sends that message - it sends the "your library is not worth my money" which is totally not the case I'm hit with. It's weird, the Network is full of crazy amounts of content but I don't think it's as clear as a pre-sale for 6 ppvs. Hell, that stuff is on the backburner for me.

I dunno, I dunno...I want it all!

Vince will give us all of WBF if we believe enough.
I Bo-lieve

Razorskin

----- ------
There is a cage match that for the life of me i can't remember the name. It had like 5-6 layers and it wasn't that shitty triple steel cage from late WCW this was like late 80s or early 90s. I feel like i remember it having more layers then that i but i clearly remember a ton of layers and crawling.

I know i am not fucking crazy and i will find this match.

I think I remember Hogan and Savage going to town on a ton of jobbers in one of these.

How many people actually want to see Orton lose the title tonight? And would it be to Bryan, Batista, or someone else? REALLY hope they don't pull the trigger on Bryan until Mania.

I'd like to see solid groundwork laid for multiple Mania matches - that's all!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ultimately, WWE is going to bring the Network to the U.K., Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and the Nordics by the end of 2014, early 2015, which should provide an additional $25 to $50 million in EBITDA. Barrios did have a caveat for Canadian wrestling fans, noting "Between you and I, Canada might get a surprise, and get it earlier than late 2014."
I bet the surprise is the first rollout of Stampede Wrestling content.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Best cage match of all time is Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard I Quit match. Yes. I quit match in a cage. It was fucawesome. Escape rule cage matches suck.

Oh, the first two War Games: The Match Beyond matches as well.

Pavaloo

this network 24/7 stream will be nice as soon as it works lol

Hogan is going to put Bryan in the main event of mania by authority of Hulkamania.

Omega

Banned

Hogan is going to put Bryan in the main event of mania by authority of Hulkamania.

Then at WM, Triple H will come down to try and help Randy. Hulk will come out to save Bryan..only to attack Bryan and reveal he's starting a New New World Order with Randy Boreton and Triple H.

styl3s

He's going to give Bry a re-match tonight and Hulk is gonna be special enforcer ref and kane is gonna try to screw Bry and Hogan is gonna big foot his head off, Bry is gonna knee Ortons face in and 1.. 2.. 3.. and soon as it rings the lights will flicker.. flicker some more and go out and everyone is gonna be like oh my god Wyatts about to fuck shit up and then they come on and a crow is sitting on the top rope and hogan looks like hes seen a ghost.

Sets up Hogan/Sting at WM30 and Sting/Taker next year.

KissVibes

Banned
Ezekiel Jackson is making his return tonight! I can feel it.

Him and Young are the NEW Prime Time Players.

Edit: Why is WWE uploading videos to youtube at 240p? Do they seriously think that'll push the network?

Ezekiel Jackson is making his return tonight! I can feel it.

Him and Young are the NEW Prime Time Players.

Edit: Why is WWE uploading videos to youtube at 240p? Do they seriously think that'll push the network?
JTG is gonna return to team with Titus. WM match to decide who the real PTP are!

MoosiferX

Really enjoying the network "channel" so far. I feel like I should just leave it on 24/7. o_O

Has WWE mentioned when episodes of RAW will become available to watch after they air on USA? I hope it's not like, a week or something.

king kong bundy is hideous!

Prettier than this thread's OP...

(Sick burn)

Back to Big Dave talk...I can understand the hate, but I've gotta give it up for him in one respect: At least the dude came in with a semblance of cardio, and doesn't spend 85% of every match laying on the ground dying of oxygen deprivation like the Rock did when he returned.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Really enjoying the network "channel" so far. I feel like I should just leave it on 24/7. o_O

Has WWE mentioned when episodes of RAW will become available to watch after they air on USA? I hope it's not like, a week or something.

30 days son. It will probably change when they get their TV contract situation resolved

Oh God... Greg "The Hammer" Valentine. I hate that guy. A buddy of mine and I did a Wrestlemania rewatch like 8 years ago and we dreaded seeing him.

strobogo

Banned
There is a cage match that for the life of me i can't remember the name. It had like 5-6 layers and it wasn't that shitty triple steel cage from late WCW this was like late 80s or early 90s. I feel like i remember it having more layers then that i but i clearly remember a ton of layers and crawling.

I know i am not fucking crazy and i will find this match.

There were a couple of weird WCW cage matches. They did the triple cage ala Ready to Rumble I think right before JCP became WCW. I'm pretty sure the rules were a valet was in the top cage and whoever got to her first would get control of her or something. I know I've seen it. LOD/Jimmy Garvin/Ronnie Garvin/Steve Williams vs Kevin Sullivan/IRS/Al Perez/Ivan Koloff/The Assassin at GAB 1988.

They also did Thunder Dome cage matches, which were apparently supposed to be a rip off of...Thunder Dome, but usually were just normal cage matches. Only a few had weapons or "electrified" bars. The most notable was probably the Chamber of Horrors match or Muta/Funk vs Flair/Sting, which had Bruno as a ref and Muta putting a fire out with his mist.

The cage match you're probably thinking of is the one from Uncensored 1996 show, with Hogan/Savage vs The Horsemen/Dungeon of Doom/Zeus/Jeep Swanson. The Doomsday Cage match. Mega Powers vs Alliance to End Hulkamania. It's awful. But they should all be on The Network!

MLBAM has apparently said that "Demand for subscriptions 'exceeded anything we have seen in 14 years of doing e-commerce."

Gentlemen, we have a success

jmdajr

070bfd7e9d9411e3a4ff123301a82bd2_8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom