• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottify

How are y'all watching the Network today? Computer, phone, tablet, streaming to TV?

I'm excited to try it out on my Kindle Fire tonight.

At this rate, we're gonna need like three OT's if we all just live chat the Network stream.

Vincemoney.gif

Edit: Watched Halloween Havoc 91 and got to the end of the Chamber of Horrors match (needs to be seen if you haven't) then it just stopped during the Big Josh match.

Trips and Vinny sucked us in. Gaf took the bait. Now we OT2

BTW Trips we did get what we wanted.

More Dino Bravo, Brain Busters, Demolition

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Another great Ambrose pic

0vKuyVa.png
So Bray didn't actually beat him up out of the arena, just off-screen? So Dean just had to lay there the rest of the match?

Snaku

Banned
The WWE Network logo will be the new WWE logo, period. I bet they say so either tonight, or after Mania.

NETWORK IS SICK.

impressions: Live stream is solid, worked without issue for me. Adaptive bitrate. VOD is slow to buffer, but is fantastic quality once done. Adaptive bitrate as well. All PPVs.

tldr; Van Hammer Sucks

I'm ok with that, scratch logo is so outdated.

Really loving the Network so far.

At this rate, we're gonna need like three OT's if we all just live chat the Network stream.

Vincemoney.gif

Edit: Watched Halloween Havoc 91 and got to the end of the Chamber of Horrors match (needs to be seen if you haven't) then it just stopped during the Big Josh match.
Next week: March 3rd RAW OT - This one deserves its own thread

Slizeezyc

Guys WrestleMania succeeded in part due to a woman, but does Vince think they don't need to wrestle because Cyndi Lauper didn't need to?

Mahonay

Banned
So Bray didn't actually beat him up out of the arena, just off-screen? So Dean just had to lay there the rest of the match?
Probably the latter.

It's an incredibly easy angle for more tension amongst the Shield. Reigns asking where the hell Ambrose was while they lost the match to the Wyatts.

UberTag

Trips and Vinny sucked us in. Gaf took the bait. Now we OT2
WrassleGAF always takes the bait.
Doesn't matter how many times we shill NJPW in here.
There are people paying for the WWE Network in this very thread to re-watch MITB 2011 that haven't even bothered to watch Ishii vs. Naito yet.

It's such a shame.

Next week: March 3rd RAW OT - This one deserves its own thread
Every RAW is getting its own thread now. Splintering WrassleGAF community discussion across multiple threads is the cool thing to do.
At this rate, WWE Superstars will have its own unique weekly thread in a year's time.

Mahonay

Banned
WrassleGAF always takes the bait.
Doesn't matter how many times we shill NJPW in here.
There are people paying for the WWE Network in this very thread to re-watch MITB 2011 that haven't even bothered to watch Ishii vs. Naito yet.

It's such a shame.
I currently watch both. I enjoy them each for different reasons.

Slizeezyc

I currently watch both. I enjoy them each for different reasons.

I'm with this guy.

I've seen Ishii vs. Naito and buy many of their PPVs -- and also pay for the Network.

WrassleGAF is a loving wrasslin' environment, don't make me choose between my children!

UberTag

Guys, I'm seroulsy thinking about going to that ROH-NJPW show in Toronto. It would cost alot to flight to Toronto but I think it would be cheaper than going to Japan. Anyone else who might be going?
I'm going.
canadian crowe is going.
I believe Brinbe and krae_man are going.

There may well be others. And yeah, certainly cheaper than travelling to Japan.
Exchange rate is decent for folks travelling across the border as well right now.
I believe $1 US = $1.11 Canadian.

Scottify

Getting into Japanese wrestling is tricky, at least for me. I know next to nothing other than what I learned from playing Giant Gram way back when.

I know of Misawa and Kobashi(?) but nothing current, heck I'm not even sure what to look for on YouTube other than the occasional link here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Getting into Japanese wrestling is tricky, at least for me. I know next to nothing other than what I learned from playing Giant Gram way back when.

I know of Misawa and Kobashi(?) but nothing current, heck I'm not even sure what to look for on YouTube other than the occasional link here.

I always found the best way to get into Japanese wrestler was to find a specific one you liked and work from there.

tm24

Basically, you want to watch NJPW and than branch out from there. The upcoming ROH/NJPW show will be a great primer to get you started.

The upcoming New Japan Cup would be a great place to start since it features most of their HWs

Mahonay

Banned
New Japan is the scholar and WWE is the popular fuck up. TNA was the one with a promising future that suffered brain damage and is on life support.
I've seen some of Bully Ray's most recent promos. Also Jeff Hardy's Willow thing? Holy fuck. Jeff must be divvying some powerful shit from his stash.

UberTag

I've seen Ishii vs. Naito and buy many of their PPVs -- and also pay for the Network.

WrassleGAF is a loving wrasslin' environment, don't make me choose between my children!
Nothing wrong with loving all kings of wrestling from all kinds of sources.

Just understand that your investment in the network is an endorsement of WWE booking in 2014 - and that you have no leverage to speak of when it comes to expecting them to deliver a quality product once you make that $120/year commitment.

They could have Triple H and his buddies wrestle brooms for 6 hours each week while The Great Khali is on commentary and your subscription dollars would be telling Vince and company that's exactly what you want to see and that you want more of it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I've seen some of Bully Ray's most recent promos. Also Jeff Hardy's Willow thing? Holy fuck. Jeff must be divvying some powerful shit from his stash.
Willow isn't new, it's just new to TNA. I can't wait, it's going to be amazing. I've been riding with TNA for close to a decade so I am ready and prepared to ride with them to the great event in the sky.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
They could have Triple H and his buddies wrestle brooms for 6 hours each week while The Great Khali is on commentary and your subscription dollars would be telling Vince and company that's exactly what you want to see and that you want more of it.
That's all I have ever wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom