• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Back to Big Dave talk...I can understand the hate, but I've gotta give it up for him in one respect: At least the dude came in with a semblance of cardio, and doesn't spend 85% of every match laying on the ground dying of oxygen deprivation like the Rock did when he returned.
It'd be nice if he could actually perform some proper wrestling moves. It wasn't until last night until he pulled off a Batista Bomb properly. Everything he does just looks like shit right now. Stiff as fuck.

I guess I really don't have a great frame of reference to see what Dave was like in his prime. I was only watching at the start of his career. Don't really remember a whole lot besides that he was ridiculous looking.

Man am I glad I wasn't watching wrestling during the times The Rock kept coming back.
Mike Rotundo is the father of Bo and Bray, right?
Yep.

tm24

Yo man, WWE and MLBAM knocked it out of the park. Watching MITB 2011 right now. So goooooood.

Also, is their a disclaimer for other murderers like Snuka or Jose Gonzales?

Xater

It'd be nice if he could actually perform some proper wrestling moves. It wasn't until last night until he pulled off a Batista Bomb properly. Everything he does just looks like shit right now. Stiff as fuck.

I guess I really don't have a great frame of reference to see what Dave was like in his prime. I was only watching at the start of his career. Don't really remember a whole lot besides that he was ridiculous looking.

Man am I glad I wasn't watching wrestling during the times The Rock kept coming back.

Yep.

Batista wasn't great in his prime either.

tm24

Don't care if it's old, but i love Ambrose's face in this pic

k4e0uAs.jpg

DMczaf

Prettier than this thread's OP...

(Sick burn)

Back to Big Dave talk...I can understand the hate, but I've gotta give it up for him in one respect: At least the dude came in with a semblance of cardio, and doesn't spend 85% of every match laying on the ground dying of oxygen deprivation like the Rock did when he returned.

...what? Dave was blown up last night in a 7 min long match where he did 1 min of offense. Rock was working 25+min long matches with Punk and Cena.

Dave's cardio is a god damn joke right now.

Xater

...what? Dave was blown up last night in a 7 min long match where he did 1 min of offense. Rock was working 25+min long matches with Punk and Cena.

Too true, he is winded by the time he reaches the ring. lol

Aiii

So not worth it
Batista looked awful last night, I dread seeing him in a thirty minute match, Bryan will be inserted in that match only so they can mask Batista's complete lack of wrestling ability.

tm24

Got this from /sc

This is everything Batista did in his match last night.
3 punches
3 elbows
Move out of the way
Shoulder tackle
Spear
2 clotheslines
Move out of the way
Spinebuster
Push del rio into exposed turnbuckle
Batista bomb
In an 8 minute match, Batista had 1:35 of combined offence, a lot of which was spent on the mat catching his breath.

Mahonay

Banned
Plus Big Dave looked like he hurt his arm doing the Batista bomb.

Pray 4 Dave
I watched it again and he was holding his arm for a large part of that match, well before the Batista Bomb. It looked like he may have been selling the crutch shots. But then the talk of an actual arm injury, yeah I dunno.

Seems like he actually injured in some way, and considering his work in the ring so far, not surprising.

Network works fantastic for me on PC. Watching Souled Out 99 right now.

Live stuff worked too.

BEING FAMOUS HAS ITS PERKS *flips hair*

mrboo001

Banned
Guys, I'm seroulsy thinking about going to that ROH-NJPW show in Toronto. It would cost alot to flight to Toronto but I think it would be cheaper than going to Japan. Anyone else who might be going?

It would be amazing when they show that WM logo tonight during a Hogan-Undertaker standoff then you see something moving near it and when they zoom in, it happens to be Sting.

Showaddy

What did Bray actually do to him? And did Ambrose just lie on the floor for the rest of the match or did he actually run away?

Scottify

Will they update their logo to match that of the Network or will they keep them separate? I think the scratch logo is in need of an update.

Personally, I'd love to see a return to the 80s style logo but that ain't gonna happen.

Mahonay

Banned
Will they update their logo to match that of the Network or will they keep them separate? I think the scratch logo is in need of an update.

Personally, I'd love to see a return to the 80s style logo but that ain't gonna happen.
All signs point to the new WWE logo being the one they are using for the Network. I think it's generic as hell looking.

I'm right there with you wishing they'd use the 80's/90's logo. It would fit with the current direction. Unfortunately this is the WWE and they don't make a habit of making the smart/easy moves.

The WWE Network logo will be the new WWE logo, period. I bet they say so either tonight, or after Mania.

NETWORK IS SICK.

impressions: Live stream is solid, worked without issue for me. Adaptive bitrate. VOD is slow to buffer, but is fantastic quality once done. Adaptive bitrate as well. All PPVs.

tldr; Van Hammer Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom