• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Bo's had more of a chance because he's the only guy on the roster who draws genuine heat. Yeah his ring skills are mediocre, yeah his mic skills are shoddy and only work because of his gimmick and yes he looks flabby and unconditioned but he's served a purpose and he's been useful.

I mean he's never going to get a call up looking like he does and he's going to get less and less TV time now he's dropped the belt.

That's not really accurate, as he's only been a heel since last summer, and he was pushed heavily as a face in FCW and initially in NXT, ever since he arrived at 18. "BOWINSLOL" with his awful spear was a constant source of annoyance in FCW, since 2008. He has barely improved at all in the five years he's been there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Natalya wouldn't have made it 10 minutes if she didn't have the family connections and we all know it.

And Ted Jr.? You want to talk about someone who can't talk, bland look and no charisma whatsoever? Natalya and Ted Jr... LOL

You seriously think Bray would have gotten signed if his dad didn't work for WWE? Husky 'can't work' Harris?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bray clearly had a lot more talent and upside to him than Bo from the get go. And it has proven true.

Don't matter how much he had. 'Fatass. Not signed.' is the exact conversation that would have happened. Instead it was, 'Fatass. Sign him since he's IRS's kid.'

Regardless of what he's done with it, he never woulda gotten a chance in WWE without his dad and granddad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I liked TNA that one month they had Wolfe and Doug Williams. It felt like new faces who could work without seeming like spot monkeys, and they pushed both decently.

Which is weird as I don't even normally like McLariat.

strobogo

Banned
Don't matter how much he had. 'Fatass. Not signed.' is the exact conversation that would have happened. Instead it was, 'Fatass. Sign him since he's IRS's kid.'

Regardless of what he's done with it, he never woulda gotten a chance in WWE without his dad and granddad.

I disagree. WWE hires a lot of guys that seem like weird choices that aren't second generation wrestlers. Most of them never make it out of developmental, but a lot of fatties, small guys, guys with no charisma get hired because someone sees something in them.

DiscoJon

Banned
You seriously think Bray would have gotten signed if his dad didn't work for WWE? Husky 'can't work' Harris?
LOL
You're kidding, right? "can't work"? Did you see the match with him and Bryan at the Rumble? It's not all about "the work." It's also about charisma, being able to cut a promo and connect with an audience.

You want to honestly compare the auditory skills of "Hurp durp, he's Husky Harris guys! LOL!" to Natalya and Ted Jr.?

You want to honestly compare the in ring psychology of THE EATER OF WORLDS to Nattie and Teddy?

LOOOOOOOOLLLLL

7TOeI7R.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LOL
You're kidding, right? "can't work"? Did you see the match with him and Bryan at the Rumble? It's not all about "the work." It's also about charisma, being able to cut a promo and connect with an audience.

You want to honestly compare the auditory skills of "Hurp durp, he's Husky Harris guys! LOL!" to Natalya and Ted Jr.?

You want to honestly compare the in ring psychology of THE EATER OF WORLDS to Nattie and Teddy?

LOOOOOOOOLLLLL

lol oh wow, did he have a good match with Daniel Bryan? That's a fucking feat. Daniel Bryan isn't known for carrying shitty wrestlers through good matches or anything, right? Did you watch EVERY Husky Harris match prior to Bray Wyatt? Every Bray Wyatt singles match in NXT/FCW?

How about you watch Ted Jr matches in NOAH. I promise you he's a better performer in the ring than Husky. Are you done making arguments for me? You're piecing together your own arguments off the fact that I simply said he would not have gotten signed if it wasn't for his family. Because he wouldn't have. Wrestling is a nepotism business.
2300%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20i_booked_myself%20kevin_nash%20laughing%20wcw.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Rewatching NXT ArRIVAL, and in span of one minute in Zayn/Cesaro the commentary team calls an exploder suplex, Blue Thunder bomb, Koji clutch and stretch muffler. It's refreshing.

I don't know what they think ignoring moves on the main roster does, it doesn't make it more "accessible" it just makes the commentators look clueless and untrained.
If the commentators can't get their arguments, side conversations and shitty jokes out then how are we expected to get invested in the wrestlers? Call the match you say? You must be outta your mind.

Raw64life

Man I should have paid more attention to the ROH/NJPW show. Didn't even know tickets were on sale yet and it's basically sold out except for whatever "GA Lower Balcony" means, which I assume is garbage seats.

Showaddy

Not sure if posted on here already, but yikes lol. I mean, he's right...

D3SgIMc.jpg

Fuck that's a bit close to the bone.

Here's his reply to someone who complained though:

Scott Hall ‏@SCOTTHALLNWO
@liamodonnell94 He was my friend. I think he'd get it. Loosen up...

Edit: Woah:

Scott Hall ‏@SCOTTHALLNWO
@The_Phoenix87 No. He was on drugs and outta his mind. I knew Chris for many years. In Japan when he lived in the Dojo. Sick not a monster..

joelseph

Silly question time! What is "WWE Superstars"? It looks like a show and it has episodes but I have never really seen it mentioned until the WWE Network. Where would it 'air'?

UberTag

so are they really doing Heel Orton vs "Heel" Batista for the WM main event
More like they're doing Tweener Orton vs. X-Pac Heat Big Dave.
In light of their mutual issues with the Authority, I expect we'll see an Orton/D.Brine vs. Big Dave/Trips tag match sometime after Mania.
Typical feud transition tag match to switch dance partners as it were.

XenoRaven

Man I should have paid more attention to the ROH/NJPW show. Didn't even know tickets were on sale yet and it's basically sold out except for whatever "GA Lower Balcony" means, which I assume is garbage seats.
GA is general admission. Just get there early. There are at least four of us that will be in GA.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ROH definitley seems like a downgrade for NJPW, but WWE's too big for them to do anything with.

And there's certainly no companies inbetween that.

Just get there early. I bought first row lower balcony seats only because I might be at the Yankees game earlier that day and may be running a little late

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ted Jr could work. That was kind of my point. He just needs a mouthpiece because he doesn't have his daddy's charisma. Maryse was basically Sable and never tried to get him over.

The fact that they didn't have his dad managing him is insane to me.

strobogo

Banned
Silly question time! What is "WWE Superstars"? It looks like a show and it has episodes but I have never really seen it mentioned until the WWE Network. Where would it 'air'?

It's a show for the jobbers that don't get time on Raw. Guys like Curt Hawkins and 3MB. If JTG every shows up, it will no doubt be on Superstars. Also serves as a recap of Raw and Smackdown.

Rapstah

WWE Superstars isn't good television. They went from a Hulk Hogan re-cap to a commercial, teasing the Bray Wyatt/Cena confrontation as "next", bridging with an Elimination Chamber re-cap. It's ten minutes of content for an hour of television.

How many of you assholes are going to the damn Hammerstein show?!

More importantly, who of you joined the GLORIOUS GA LOWER BALCONY REBELLION

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WWE Superstars isn't good television. They went from a Hulk Hogan re-cap to a commercial, teasing the Bray Wyatt/Cena confrontation as "next", bridging with an Elimination Chamber re-cap. It's ten minutes of content for an hour of television.

So it's basically TNA from last year, only with better recaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom