• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Reminds me of post NFL game shows, they usually have some of the crowd shouting the whole time while they talk about the game

I think that is exactly the atmosphere they're going for.

Also, dammit, I'm going to have to watch Smackdown live now aren't I?

Ithil

Reminds me of post NFL game shows, they usually have some of the crowd shouting the whole time while they talk about the game

NJPW also does this, with the backstage interview with the press conference type jazz, and the commentary team discussing the event for a while before it goes off the air.

Network is living up to hype on day one. Good stuff.

Yeah. Really liking it so far, I just hope that they make playing on demand videos faster and more consistent. (Resume, not taking 40 seconds to begin playing the video after the content advisory, sometimes kicking me out and having to reload it) Don't have a bad word to say about the live stuff, every time I've used it it's been great.

Kaladin

as expected, pre and post show were completely meaningless filler. as if raw needed to be 4 fucking hours.

They'll get stuff in there eventually that isn't meaningless, like anything this is going to be a learning process.

Part of the show that was previously private now requires them to be ON for another 30 minutes or so.

Sounds like I missed nothing noteworthy from a dogshit awful Raw. The future refused to change.

At least those spoilers proved to be false.

Kaladin

Sounds like I missed nothing noteworthy from a dogshit awful Raw. The future refused to change.

At least those spoilers proved to be false.

It's a Mania build Raw. They're going to build Mania and little else will happen.

You can always expect epic promos in every segment this time of the year.

Always.

as expected, pre and post show were completely meaningless filler. as if raw needed to be 4 fucking hours.

I'd be all over pre and post shows if it was really raw and gritty like those shots you sometimes get to see on the DVDs of guys getting ready for the show, or people coming through gorilla after a show's finished. Like a backstage look at wrestlers who are still in character. Would be badass.

Unfortunately, I can barely sit through Raw even though I skip most of it, and I haven't watched Smackdown in like 2 years. The allure of pre and post shows is lost on me.

It's a Mania build Raw. They're going to build Mania and little else will happen.

Always.

When was the last time we had an epic WM build promo? HBK/Taker?

WM build is overrated as hell. It's been terrible for years.

Always.

Building a Mania that has been soundly rejected seems Iike a waste of everybody's time. Guess my WWE sabbatical starts early this year.

And I feel okay about skipping the app, so that's $60 saved.

Watching ECW Hardcore TV #26 (still Eastern Championship Wrestling) with Joey Styles and Paul E. Dangerously on the mic. I can't believe this is Styles, his voice is so somber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom