• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah I have no idea why they did that. I get that they're "The Future" but Reigns is carried by Rollins/Ambrose and Bray's not experienced or good enough to carry him in a solo match.

It seemed to be booked really slow for some reason as well.

It was booked really slow because of the reasons in the first part of your post.

Kaladin

Superbrawl IV looks awesome, best I have ever seen it.

mzPA2ev.jpg

Sephzilla

I have a feeling we won't sound as loud on TV as we did in the arena. Batista was 80% boos. Multiple CM Punk chants. "You suck too" at Orton.

I marked for Taker and Hogan

Vestal

Cesaro vs. Big E - Good match. Big E can go but both guys were sloppy tonight. Some great spots in the match too (tilt and whirl backbreaker). Cesaro nearly killed him with the Neuralizer. I wouldn't be surprised if that finisher is gone. This will probably lead to Cesaro vs. Swagger at WM which is okay by me.

Big E botched a very safe move here. It takes two to tango to keep shit safe, and he let go of Cesaros legs causing the botch.

Any move no matter how safe can be botched can cause an injury if you don't know what the fuck you are doing.

To me Big E just looks stiff as fuck out there, and doesn't put too much effort in "helping" his opponent out in some moves, for example the powerslam, he had momentum coming into the move but started to slow down almost stoping cold causing Cesaro to almost botch the thing and Big E landing head fucking first into the mat. Thankfully Cesaro is strong as an Ox and basically performed the move solo.

Anth0ny

the correct way to book mania is to put bryan/hhh first, and if bryan wins he's inserted into the title match. allows you to not only do that match as the main event, but it also won't be completely shit on

until bootista wins it. but of course he'll be a heel at that point, so it's kinda okay.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I don't understand why Big E talks about needing 5 and his theme mentions his NXT gimmick but he never actually pins for the 5-count.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Big E botched a very safe move here. It takes two to tango to keep shit safe, and he let go of Cesaros legs causing the botch.

Any move no matter how safe can be botched can cause an injury if you don't know what the fuck you are doing.

To me Big E just looks stiff as fuck out there, and doesn't put too much effort in "helping" his opponent out in some moves, for example the powerslam, he had momentum coming into the move but started to slow down almost stoping cold causing Cesaro to almost botch the thing and Big E landing head fucking first into the mat. Thankfully Cesaro is strong as an Ox and basically performed the move solo.

I can see these points. Big E is quite sloppy as I've noticed a time or two. I'd still be surprised if that finisher is still around though. It's kind of lame. If you're going to tease the Gotch Style, you have you do it all the way (Piledriver). =) I would rather see something with some more power. Since Cesaro likes to use the giant swing, I suggest the Spiral Bomb. http://youtu.be/159xIm06vfI?t=1m39s

This is the second Mania in a row where a match involving Brock is my most-looked forward to match.

Fuck it, at this point I eagerly look forward to Batista taking his gold trophy on tour and around Hollywood. Schadenfreude is all I have left.

Edgeward

I like both Bray and Reigns but neither showed they can lead a match tonight just yet. Maybe it's a bad combo but I've had that feeling for a while for them

You can't hit someone with a chair in the head or strangle them with a rope but you can stab someone with a pen. Ok

Alucard

Banned
Catching up on Raw. Some random thoughts.

Did Cena legit hurt himself?
Bryan vs. HHH? Ugh.
Cesaro is awesome.
Bray Wyatt is fantastic.
The Shield are so good.
Did people really try getting a "Husky Harris" chant over?
Batista tried to own the boos but came off lacking confidence. Think the boos legit bother him.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I like both Bray and Reigns but neither showed they can lead a match tonight just yet. Maybe it's a bad combo but I've had that feeling for a while for them

You can't hit someone with a chair in the head or strangle them with a rope but you can stab someone with a pen. Ok

For some reason, the recent matches Reigns has had have been giving me Cena flashbacks... That's not a good sign.

Edgeward

Whatever you had been expecting or reading to happen, happened. The ship is on course for an iceberg and it is not changing course

Edgeward

Finally getting around to seeing the Rhodes Bros vs Shield at Battlegrounds. This team was hot and then WWE did nothing with them after this. Tag Team resurgence my ass

Some light blood is okay, and adds to the intensity of certain matches. But full on blood baths just look nasty, and retarded. Stuff like that is just unnecessary.

Wyatt was working his ass off in that match, it's just that Reigns is godawful at working singles matches and even worse at working singles matches as a face. Which is sort of weird as he has a phenomenal face war crate, it's just that he looks limp when he isn't getting his shit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom