• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoJon

Banned
About to sit down and watch RAW. Pretty hyped, haven't ready any spoilers or anything.
ddpyoga2.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Blood makes sense in cage/last man standing/I quit kind of matches. I feel like wrestling went a long time with blading just because that was something you do. Guys like Dusty and Flair would blade all the god damn time in matches that didn't call for it at all. Blood should still be a thing in WWE, but only once or twice a year. However, I hate that matches get stopped for any kind of hard way blood. That shit is ridiculous. Especially in gimmick matches where it is super easy to get busted open. Like ladder matches.

HBK and HHH went so far over the top with their blading in 2002-2004.

Blood makes sense in cage/last man standing/I quit kind of matches. I feel like wrestling went a long time with blading just because that was something you do. Guys like Dusty and Flair would blade all the god damn time in matches that didn't call for it at all. Blood should still be a thing in WWE, but only once or twice a year. However, I hate that matches get stopped for any kind of hard way blood. That shit is ridiculous. Especially in gimmick matches where it is super easy to get busted open. Like ladder matches.

HBK and HHH went so far over the top with their blading in 2002-2004.

Blood just works in certain matches, like the ones you listed. I also fell like every Lesnar match should have a little color. It should never be used as much as it was in the early 2000's though

strobogo

Banned
Blood just works in certain matches, like the ones you listed. I also fell like every Lesnar match should have a little color. It should never be used as much as it was in the early 2000's though

CM Punk and Lesnar was prime for some color. Would've helped highlight the violence of it.

Bork matches having blood makes sense. Brock is a dangerous man and you're going to get a beating in the ring with him. He's a fighter and he busts people open. HBK trying to lose as many pints as Jesus on a Raw matches doesnt.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Blood still has it's place in the payoff matches to blood feuds. It should only be used a hand full of times a year however.
Not gonna front, I kinda miss chair shots to the head, I know they are dangerous but they look great and modern chair attacks to the stomach and back look dumb

strobogo

Banned
Blood still has it's place in the payoff matches to blood feuds. It should only be used a hand full of times a year however.
Not gonna front, I kinda miss chair shots to the head, I know they are dangerous but they look great and modern chair attacks to the stomach and back look dumb

I agree with chair shots, but only on a very limited basis. A match that I think really needed at least one head shot was HIAC at WM28. You can do a head shot and protect yourself. I don't want Foley style chair shots anymore. But a few times a year, a head shot with a chair will get something over as srs bidness more than 30 shots to the back or arm can do.

Edgeward

Just put your arms up when they go for the chair shot. Naked headshots are stupid and I never liked them. Royal Rumble Rock and Foley made me never want to see that shit again as a kid.

Betrayals don't have any oomph when they do the shove into the gut and shot to the back.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If you're in a cage, a chamber, an I Quit, Hardcore, Falls Count Anywhere, or get a chair shot to the dome, or even rammed into the post head first, I want blood. I want to bust out my Muta scale dammit. Payoffs and gimmick matches are lacking without it. It ramps up the tension in a match.

JBL and Eddy knew what was up. http://youtu.be/vMzFsKRgBg4

That match changed completely after that chair shot. (Judgment Day 2004 btw)

bean breath what's happened to you?

What did they do to you?

I took a step back and had a real Come To Jesus meeting with myself.

I looked at this community from afar with fresh eyes and brother, I didn't like what I saw.

This place is full of toolboxes. Toolboxes who post too many threads. Toolboxes that snitch on each other to moderators. Toolboxes who won't stop bellyaching about children's television programming.

Looking down into this thread was akin to looking down into a Port-A-Potty that's been out baking in the hot sun. Looking deep into that blue liquid with brown turds floating around, dirty toilet paper clumps, soupy green diarrhea slop and bubbling, sudsy piss. That's what this thread looks like, drizzling shits. But beneath all the crap and piss, I saw a sapling of hope beginning to grow. A young tree in the form of a couple of cats named Alucard and Spider From Mars. These cats get it, man.

They realized long ago, what I realized these last few days:

It's all about Impact Wrestling.

With the Network launching, this place is going to get a lot shittier, a lot faster. As if there wasn't enough WWE programming in a week already.

I won't kid you. TNA will probably never be seen as anything other than a joke by these a-holes. There's probably going to be more posts this Thursday about their little Internet Wrestling show than Impact.

However, if you want in on this, it's real simple:

Set aside 2 hours a week. That's it, just 2 hours. This Thursday, from 9 pm to 11 pm est. Tune your TV to Spike, kick back and commit to making at least 5 posts about Impact.

This invitation is open to everyone here. You don't need to watch 8+ hours of wrestling a week to fit in here. All it takes is just 2 hours.

They are really going full steam ahead with Orton/Batista?

hahahahaha oh man.

This is hilarious and sad at the same time. Wrestlemania 30 on the whole for me is completely awful. I wish the crowd would walk out on the main event at wrestlemania that would leave batista and orton wrestling in an empty stadium. It is the only possible enjoyment I could get out of wrestlemania. The reaction from the commentators and Vince would be worth sitting through the entire awful card they have planned.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Bean gets it. Impact is on for two hours a week, everyone is involved in a story, and Trixie Carter is hot.

Impact never says die!

Can't wait for their Wressle-1 show!

Hasney

Ended up getting booty called by the girlfriend, not complaining but I've got the Chamber and Raw to watch when I get in and managed to get signed up for the Network. Think I may just veg out all day.

bean breath, what's your opinion on the "intensity" displayed by Daniel Bryan tonight?

I fell asleep during the Christian-Sheamus match. I think I only heard the commentary during Daniel Bryan's stuff. Like JBL saying he likes him but then saying he doesn't and calling him a garden gnome.

I'm just overwhelmed by WWE at the moment. It used to be that you just needed to watch 2 hours to be well informed and get all the inside jokes and stuff mentioned in this thread. Now guys here are watching the pre and post shows, NXT, Twitter, listening to effing Mike Sempervive.

I want to go back to watching 2 hours of wrestling a week. I'm going to give this a shot and suckle on Alucard's titty and absorb all his TNA knowledge.

strobogo

Banned
Pretty abrupt change. Too soon since his last gimmick change. He has lost popularity in the Mid West region. Momentum decreased by 15%.

El-Suave

So if CM Punk comes pack next week and is put in the title match instead of Bryan how big of a scumbag is Punk?

Punk and Batista in a match would end up being a big Gracie Jiu Jitsu commercial, but instead of advertising it, it would prove how it is ruining wrestlers and making them less fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom