• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did you guys finally realize that Roman was constantly being carried and that you can't book him just off superman punch, spear, and ..... I don't think he has another move.

Hair flip. HES THE MODERN DAY KEVIN NASH. AND SMARKS SOMEHOW LOVE HIM. OH MY GOD

Did you guys finally realize that Roman was constantly being carried and that you can't book him just off superman punch, spear, and ..... I don't think he has another move.

Hair flip. HES THE MODERN DAY KEVIN NASH. AND SMARKS SOMEHOW LOVE HIM. OH MY GOD

Samoan drop and....ummmm.....

styl3s

Big E. vs Cesaro last night was good, despite the finish, same for Wyatt vs Reigns. Both matches are worth watching alongside the Mania Hype.

Taker / Brock announcement was awesome. Heyman set the match up a little too well, saying they'll give Lesnar history at Mania or have no Lesnar at all. The Streak is the only history at Mania.....it's bigger than the title at this point. But I digress. That GONG gets me every single time and I get the biggest grin on my face. I loved Taker stabbing Lesnar with the pen, and I wish they had took it further and had him sign in Lesnar's blood, but I doubt they could do that, and this was the closest they could get.

Taker vs Lesnar isn't going to fuck around, Bryan vs Hs is going to be a good feud, and the crowd will make Batista vs Orton entertaining (you all know this).

Mania may not be what we all wanted, but it will be good.

Also, WWE NXT Arrival |OT|

Yay or nay?

Cause we need to get on the NXT Express Hype Train.
NXT Arrival: Welcome to Bo-Town.
NXT Arrival: Bo knows best.
NXT Arrival: BOlieve the hype.

I'm all for a NXT OT.

charsace

Reigns vs Bray sucked shit last night. Boring as all hell. Only the ending was decent, Rollins had me in stitches with his save :lol
I've been saying that Reigns is not ready for months. He needs to be brought along slower. Ambrose is the one that should get the singles push.

The problem isn't moves because Stone cold after broke his neck still put on great matches that went half an hour and the Rock could put on great matches with a small moveset too. Reigns just doesn't understand match flow yet.

UberTag

They'll turn on him soon enough. He's still being insulated by Ambrose and Rollins.

styl3s

Nay. Don't oversaturate the off topic with wrestling threads. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a backlash from the weekly wrestling related threads already.
Weekly RAW threads i understand but this is huge for NXT, i wouldn't be opposed to having a thread.

UberTag

When do we get our WWE Superstars |OT| thread? Or our Total Divas |OT| thread? Or our Legends House |OT| thread?

You guys understand the point of what a Community thread is about, right? It's to consolidate everything about a product or a show and to foster discussion within the community.

The ONLY reasons to have threads separate from the WrassleGAF community is to:
A) hype up a PPV that casuals may watch like Rumble or Mania
B) share important news about the WWE fan that a lapsed fan may want to be aware of (the Network, Punk's walk out, the return of Hogan/Big Dave/Dwayne)
C) a wrestler dies

That's it.
Nobody outside of the WrassleGAF community gives a rat's ass about NXT Arrival or a random RAW or even a pay-per-view that isn't Mania or the Royal Rumble.
There is no reason for any of those things to have OT threads.
None.

And, if you must discuss NXT Arrival outside of the WrassleGAF thread, the WWE Network thread makes the most sense because it's the first, noteworthy bit of live programming to air on the Network and requires people to sign up for the Network to actually watch it.

Kaladin

The Raw thread last night was unsanctioned, there should not be threads for every Raw, even ones that are hyped to be big. But we should do a thread for every big WWE show, and NXT Arrival is a big show.

It's not our fault that WWE is doing several shows that would be considered a major event right now.

An NXT Arrival thread combined with the Network free trial week could get folks interested in NXT more.

Marvel

could never
He's got the tongue thing going on to.

tumblr_mqx518wn_Dh1r5k1zho1_500.gif

UberTag

The Raw thread last night was unsanctioned, there should not be threads for every Raw, even ones that are hyped to be big. But we should do a thread for every big WWE show, and NXT Arrival is a big show.

It's not our fault that WWE is doing several shows that would be considered a major event right now.

An NXT Arrival thread combined with the Network free trial week could get folks interested in NXT more.
So you're legitimately making the argument that a live NXT Arrival event streamed to an audience of, at most, 100K people is a bigger deal and should justify an OT thread more than Hulk Hogan's first appearance on WWE television in over half a decade that was watched by some 5 million people? Am I correct in this?

That's un-BO-lievable.

jred2k

ArRIVAL does not need a thread. The letters NXT don't mean anything to anyone who doesn't already post in this thread or the network thread. Just put up an irc chat during the show, link it in the network thread, and it can capture everything.

Xater

I think most people here are pretty aware that Roman isn't ready. He has just been used in an awesome way with his great moves to clear house in tag matches. I agree that if anyone should get a singles push out of those three right now it's Ambrose.

Also no to a NXT Arrival thread.

I refuse to listen to Uber!

WWE Smackdown Backstage Pass OT incoming

Also Roman's entire moveset is basically a who's who of face comeback moves. It's perfectly constructed.

And yo that Marufuji apron dropkick

Kaladin

So you're legitimately making the argument that a live NXT Arrival event streamed to an audience of, at most, 100K people is a bigger deal and should justify an OT thread more than Hulk Hogan's first appearance on WWE television in over half a decade that was watched by some 5 million people? Am I correct in this?

That's un-BO-lievable.

ArRIVAL does not need a thread. The letters NXT don't mean anything to anyone who doesn't already post in this thread or the network thread. Just put up an irc chat during the show, link it in the network thread, and it can capture everything.

While true, you underestimate the importance of putting NXT on the Network. It will reach more people than even on Hulu. I have a feeling that more people will get excited about NXT as they see it.

Kaladin

OK, no Arrival OT.

We'll piggyback the Network Launch OT with Arrival.....since I already did that anyway in anticipation of people not wanting an Arrival OT.

jred2k

While true, you underestimate the importance of putting NXT on the Network. It will reach more people than even on Hulu. I have a feeling that more people will get excited about NXT as they see it.

Its advertised in the network OT. If somebody has decided to not check out that thread they probably aren't going to care about a thread that says NXT. There is already an NXT thread that died because separating discussion over this many threads doesn't make any sense. Don't worry man, you've already got to make like 4 WWE threads this month and you'll get to make another one for March. It's start to become like NBA-GAF posting a thread for TNT games.

Nameless

Right. Because one subpar heel vs heel match which was booked ultta conservatively against another rookie who hasn't had much experience leading the dance either, in front of a super shit crowd who completely blew their load the first hour is indicative of Reigns'(or Bray's) potential?

DwayneWadecaprisPants.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Goldberg only had three moves and that guy was the hottest thing in pro-wrasslin' for a rather long time.

Ithil

I refuse to listen to Uber!

WWE Smackdown Backstage Pass OT incoming

Also Roman's entire moveset is basically a who's who of face comeback moves. It's perfectly constructed.

And yo that Marufuji apron dropkick

The problem then, is everything before the last two minutes of a match. If all he has are comback moves to use in the closing minutes, what the hell does he do for the other 20 minutes, if he's going to be a main event PPV guy?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Right. Because one subpar heel vs heel match which was booked ultta conservatively against another rookie who hasn't had much experience leading the dance either, in front of a super shit crowd who completely blew their load the first hour is indicative of Reigns'(or Bray's) potential?

Right because he does 3 moves well he should be pushed to the moon

Kaladin

Look at Roman Reigns like this.

He is Stunning Steve Austin. You know, the guy that wrestled in WCW? He hasn't become Stone Cold yet, or even The Ringmaster.

Roman Reigns is just a guy that shows potential....a lot of it. He just hasn't finished evolving enough to fulfill that potential.

jmdajr

I think I would prefer Cena in a Triple Threat at Mania.

Still want to see Wyatts/Shield in some sort of insane match. TLC or Hell in a Cell.

Not gonna happen though.

edit: Reigns will get better. No doubt. How could he not?

Marvel

could never
Roman Reigns is just a guy that shows potential....a lot of it. He just hasn't finished evolving enough to fulfill that potential.

It'll come, no doubt that the more he wrestles singles matches the more he will improve. If Titus O'Neil can do it... so can Roman.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Look at Roman Reigns like this.

He is Stunning Steve Austin. You know, the guy that wrestled in WCW? He hasn't become Stone Cold yet, or even The Ringmaster.

Roman Reigns has nowhere near the ring work of Stunning Steve. Few people do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Goldberg only had three moves and that guy was the hottest thing in pro-wrasslin' for a rather long time.

Goldberg was also booked as an unbeatable monster. Roman Reigns is just a big guy who does SPEAR OUTTANOWHERE

and honestly, do we really want another Goldberg?

jmdajr

I love this:

5CQmmKc.gif

Not a bad start to the Road To WM, but they still have a lot of work to put in I think...

Batista doesn't give one single fuck. No doubt we have to deal with it.

edit: is this the first time they dim the lights? No doubt heel turn coming.

Ravager61

In a strange way, I'm looking forward to Orton and Batista getting booed into oblivion. It will certainly make for a memorable main event. Hell, maybe thats what Vince wants.

Nameless

Right because he does 3 moves well he should be pushed to the moon

How many moves does Big E have? How about Bray? How watered down his Brine's moveset in so many matches? Did you miss the story about what the company is emphasizing at the performance center these days? Everyone relies heavily on Sig moves and will for the foreseeable future.

We've talked about this before. Right now dude basically has 3 finishers, the apron drop kick, and a Samoan drop like every Somoan wrestler ever. Solid base for a guy who just started wrestling singles. His moveset will fill out with the usual power house go to's if nothing else. I understand being taken aback by the hype, but give the guy a chance to grow at least.

Batista should have been a heel from the start but I guess one could argue that he was a heel to begin with since he acted like an ass.

Edit: I swear Reigns used a new move in his Elimination Chamber match? It reminded me of Cena's Protoplex.

Ithil

That was in 1998 WCW, not 2014 WWE. You can't be the top guy in the company and be shit at wrestling anymore, there's a higher expectation from big matches.

Showaddy

Reigns needs to be allowed to grow within the Shield. Vince & Hunter seem set to throw him out there by himself as soon as possible where his mic skills & move set will get shown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom