• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How many moves does Big E have? How about Bray? How watered down his Brine's moveset in so many matches? Did you miss the story about what the company is emphasizing at the performance center these days? Everyone relies heavily on Sig moves and will for the foreseeable future.

We've talked about this before. Right now dude basically has 3 finishers, the apron drop kick, and a Samoan drop like every Somoan wrestler ever. Solid base for a guy who just started wrestling singles. His moveset will fill out with the usual power house go to's if nothing else. I understand being taken aback by the hype, but give the guy a chance to grow at least.
You'll have to know that I'm not a fan of Big E either. It doesn't matter how many moves Bray has as he's a promo guy. That's his strength, and I would be fine with him just managing. Brine has plenty more moves than Roman has.

The thing is sig moves are supposed to be highlights. ALL Roman has is signature moves. You can't book main events off big spots. He has zero pacing. He's that kid who plays wrestling games and gives himself max finishers.

Yeah, Reigns is using Jindrak's old finish there.

Reigns has the over moveset, he just needs time.
Also the fact that they're blatantly acknowledging the chants means something comes of it.
He may not turn, but he may play it up like Cena did at Mania 22.

And my favorite little moment from last night was Wyatts coming out to ambush Reigns, and Rollins coming from nowhere and diving on them IMMEDIATELY

1: Rollins has his boy's back
2: Shield aren't fucking stupid

jmdajr

I love The Shield guys, I don't want them to break up!

I think you can milk it till at least Extreme Rules.

You know, can't have it too long because fans will get tired of it, but no doubt they are not yet.

Go out at it's peak which I think should be Mania.

Marvel

could never
Don't want Reigns losing the shield gear... looks so good. But I'm nearly ready for it to end, I want Ambrose pushed hard.

Carnby

I'll take that bet!

Is there such a thing?

I'm in and willing to stare at Rey Mysterio's ugly mug for a month.

Okay, to be clear, you three are betting against me. If Bryan is not in the main event, then I lose, and I will wear an avatar of Batista. A picture of him winning at WM30 would be a perfect punishment.

If I win, you all have to wear Jerry Lawler "nailed it" avatars.

Quote to agree to the bet.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think it matters if Batista is a heel or not.

He doesn't have heel-heat right now, he has "we don't want you, go away now"-heat.

Hasney

Christ, think we need to stop with the wrestling threads in OT after reading through that. Think I'll just stay here during Mania.

So glad the Network has kept in the stupid promos for the PPVs like the Rumble Report. Watching Savage run around after the Repo Man.

Sephzilla

Christ, think we need to stop with the wrestling threads in OT after reading through that. Think I'll just stay here during Mania.

So glad the Network has kept in the stupid promos for the PPVs like the Rumble Report. Watching Savage run around after the Repo Man.

Well we're watching the same thing, which means... Wooooooooooooooooo

Sokantish

Ambrose was so late to the party I checked GAF for the thread he made about it

Well, you gotta remember, Ambrose left the RAW Arena because his bros doubted him. I'm sure he came back as fast as he could when he saw what was about to happen. Really it's amazing he made it back in time.

McNei1y

Does anyone have a gif of Seth Rollins jumping on the Wyatts?

I'm looking forward to the crowd next week in Chicago. It's going to be fun.

Okay, to be clear, you three are betting against me. If Bryan is not in the main event, then I lose, and I will wear an avatar of Batista. A picture of him winning at WM30 would be a perfect punishment.

If I win, you all have to wear Jerry Lawler "nailed it" avatars.

Quote to agree to the bet.

My position is that Daniel Bryan will not be in WrestleMania XXX's main event. If he is somehow in the main event, I will wear a Jerry Lawler "nailed it" avatar for a month.

I'll even expand the definition of "main event" to include the last match of the show and the second to last match of the show.

Hasney

Well we're watching the same thing, which means... Wooooooooooooooooo

Yeah, love that it has a live feed as well as the library.

OH SHIT MR. PERFECT.

Also, this is my first time watching today. Is Mark Henry on all the "Up next" overlays? Was just on for Raw flashback and for WWE Countdown.

So folks thought Cena was legit injured?

Well, he can sell when he wants to.

Exactly. As soon as they showed him being wheeled out in the WWE App, I figured that it was a scam. This is there just for Cena to overcome the odds.

Then again, this is the same company that had video footage of Jerry Lawler being wheeled out to the ambulance after having a heart attack on air so maybe my own logic is flawed.

jmdajr

Batista got in alot more offense on this match. Hope he keeps getting better. As a HEEL he is going to need way more of it.

Sephzilla

Yeah, love that it has a live feed as well as the library.

OH SHIT MR. PERFECT.

Also, this is my first time watching today. Is Mark Henry on all the "Up next" overlays? Was just on for Raw flashback and for WWE Countdown.

Yeah the live feed channel is great, if for just good background noise

UberTag

Don't want Reigns losing the shield gear... looks so good. But I'm nearly ready for it to end, I want Ambrose pushed hard.
Don't fear. You'll have your Reigns vs. Big Dave feud soon enough. He'll be getting title matches before D.Brine does.

Here's an excerpt from last night's Observer Radio regarding D.Brine vs Triple H that had me in stitches:

Alvarez: So it's a simple story. Hunter mocks him. Thinks he's a geek. Laughs at the idea of Mania. Finally gets talked into it. And then puts the dude over. Which I know a lot of people that see this right now are laughing at the idea that that will happen. But I'm TELLING you.

Meltzer: How could it not happen?!? There's no other logical ending then Triple H losing.

Alvarez: I know.
Meanwhile these are the same two guys who INSISTED not 24 hours earlier that the commentary positioning at the end of the Rumble meant D.Brine was being inserted into the Mania title match in some fashion. Instead of it being just to troll the fans and string them along like the sheep that they are.

Meltzer: Bryan's the guy on the rise who's going to win the championship. I mean, if Triple H was full-time I could see it going another way but he's not full-time. He's the guy to get the guy over now.
Clearly they've already forgotten about CM Punk losing to "part-time" Triple H at the height of his popularity back during the Summer of Punk in 2011. Which also made no logical sense.

It amuses me because they legitimately believe the WWE should be obligated to construct logical storylines or that there will be consequences. When we know full well there are never consequences.

Fans will continue to hijack shows. Fans will continue to shit over the WWE's force-fed stars (even Reigns isn't impervious to this as Green Bay showed last night). They will continue to throw money at Vince by signing up for the Network despite hating the booking of the 2014 product. And Vince will continue to do whatever the hell he pleases like a stubborn motherfucker because he's Vince McMahon, damn it.

Logic be damned.

And, yes, the main event to WrestleMania XXX will feature 49-year-old Taker making Brock Lesnar TAP OUT like a little bitch with big 22-0 signs and fireworks. There's no point debating this even further.

As for D.Brine vs. Triple H, Bryan might win. He might not. He may well lose and they still get some artificially created "70,000 fans chant YES at the same time moment" by having D.Brine lay out both Triple H and Kane after the match is over. But that's all he's getting and the match won't have any consequence beyond that.

jred2k

Batista got in alot more offense on this match. Hope he keeps getting better. As a HEEL he is going to need way more of it.

That felt like it was supposed to be his "Show them I can still do it" match and it utterly failed. His "I LOVE THIS BUSINESS!" after the match just added to the douche chills.

Sephzilla

Yep, it's also the only part on the WWE Network that doesn't buffer like crazy.

I wish WWE was still WWF though, that just sounds so much better.

WWF just rolls off the tongue better.

I wish the world wildlife foundation would go under so WWE could safely change back.

Sephzilla

Yeah what the hell happened to Brodus?

EDIT: If I grew up a wrestling fan and my kid turned into a Cena fan I'd have a long talk with him

Hasney

Just realised how hilarious the line "I was sitting in Parts Unknown" line is.

Also, just noticed we forgot the Warrior gif in the OP.

Sephzilla

Honestly I'm okay with Bry/HHH. It's not for the title, but I think it's too late to put Bryan into the title match and Bryan/HHH feuding just makes sense.

jmdajr

Fuck that noise, I spend the past two months without my AJ avatar and now it's staying until the next AVATAR RUMBLE.

That's disgusting, I've just found one I like!

Ahahaha. See. D. Bry has some good odds.

D. Bry not getting buried is actually a bigger achievement than winning the WWE Title.

It's a big deal. Smarks and marks both want to see COO go down. It's doesn't even matter if match is not 5,4,3,2,1 star. Beating Trips is a big fucking deal. BIG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom