• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Hey WrestleGAF Wii-U owners. I'm getting a good tax return and think I might use some of it to get a Wii-U and probably Tropical Freeze. Sound worth it or no?

We should do a avatar bet for Bryan versus Triple H.

Are you on #TEAMJOB or #TEAMGOINGOVER

Should have a pole in the March OT and see how that shakes out.

#TEAMJOB. No way in heck Bryan wins at WM. Triple H will go over and then maybe Bryan will get a win back at a Extreme/Backlash/Judgement/whatever when nobody is watching but that will only be if Trips is bothered.

Ithil

As for D.Brine vs. Triple H, Bryan might win. He might not. He may well lose and they still get some artificially created "70,000 fans chant YES at the same time moment" by having D.Brine lay out both Triple H and Kane after the match is over. But that's all he's getting and the match won't have any consequence beyond that.

The difference between CM Punk and Daniel Bryan is CM Punk was expected to leave in July, after WM, while Daniel Bryan is in the early stages of a new push.

Hasney

Hey WrestleGAF Wii-U owners. I'm getting a good tax return and think I might use some of it to get a Wii-U and probably Tropical Freeze. Sound worth it or no?

Ehhhh, I love my Wii U but I've not felt either of the DKR games. I'll get it when it's cheap.

Not sure if you should wait for the console and game to get proper bomba pricing or not. DKR seemed to drop in price on 3DS and Wii over here which is rare for a Nintendo published game.

Also, I'm really looking forward to Daniel Bryan/HHH. Should be good but obviously Bryan needs to win.

Also LOL at the Buddy Rose diet being on. This stream is just the best thing for portable gaming on the sofa.

He hears voices in his Ear.

tumblr_n0m101Lv2t1r16ud1o1_400.jpg

jred2k

As long as you aren't set on having it as your main gaming device. If you have interest in enough Nintendo titles to play it a couple times a year its maybe worth it. I got mine around the holidays, played the hell out of 3D World and WWHD and I haven't turned it on since.

Aiii

So not worth it

I like my Wii U, but I can't really recommend it.

Only get it if you REALLY REALLY LOVE Nintendo titles, else, stay far away.

Sephzilla

As long as you aren't set on having it as your main gaming device. If you have interest in enough Nintendo titles to play it a couple times a year its maybe worth it. I got mine around the holidays, played the hell out of 3D World and WWHD and I haven't turned it on since.

I already have a
real next gen system
PS4, so the Wii-U wouldn't be my main gaming system.

Hasney

Fucking Repo Man. We can bitch all we like about the current program, but Repo Man is all over the program on these Raws.

Aiii

So not worth it
The difference between CM Punk and Daniel Bryan is CM Punk was expected to leave in July, after WM, while Daniel Bryan is in the early stages of a new push.

No he's not. He's not getting pushed at all.

What, Batista is going to win the title and drop it in a month? Nobody is gonna get close to that title untill at least July or SummerSlam. It'll be SummerSlam unless Batista is taking some time off for promotion of the Marvel movie in August.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, to be clear, you three are betting against me. If Bryan is not in the main event, then I lose, and I will wear an avatar of Batista. A picture of him winning at WM30 would be a perfect punishment.

If I win, you all have to wear Jerry Lawler "nailed it" avatars.

Quote to agree to the bet.

Totally not betting. Sorry brah. I agree with you. Bryan will be in the main event.

FUCK. I don't know. FUCK.

Sephzilla

I think it's obvious that Bryan wont be in the Main Event now. Raw after getting screwed at Elimination Chamber was the last logical time to do it.

Honestly, I'm glad they didnt. I'd rather see 70,000 completely dump all over the 'main event' and have it go down as the worst main event in history. Keep Bryan away from that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's what's up though - if Bryan DOES hit main event of Mania, and Batista continues on his heel turn (and god knows a 3-way will help Batista from being too winded) - that match is automatically hot. You have 2 Evolution members working together on Bryan, and he gets fucked raw dog in the middle of the ring on the grandest stage of them all. Nuclear heat hits Orton and Batista. Or who knows. There's a lot of ways this can go.

charsace

Look at Roman Reigns like this.

He is Stunning Steve Austin. You know, the guy that wrestled in WCW? He hasn't become Stone Cold yet, or even The Ringmaster.

Roman Reigns is just a guy that shows potential....a lot of it. He just hasn't finished evolving enough to fulfill that potential.

Not the same. Steve Austin was one of the best technical wrestlers at the time and was being held back from a push. Reigns is pushed to the moon and doesn't cut good promos or is a good performer in the ring. The more singles matches he has the more people realize he doesn't have anything out side of his big spots. Right now he's just a spot machine who needs to be in a tag team to get over, except the WWE is hot to push him way too soon.

On to something more pleasant: for the ROH/NJPW show in the Hammerstein, would I better off getting a lower balcony row 2 seat or a side box seat? It's been ages since I've been to a show there, and I think I just got GA last time.

jmdajr

Here's what's up though - if Bryan DOES hit main event of Mania, and Batista continues on his heel turn (and god knows a 3-way will help Batista from being too winded) - that match is automatically hot. You have 2 Evolution members working together on Bryan, and he gets fucked raw dog in the middle of the ring on the grandest stage of them all. Nuclear heat hits Orton and Batista. Or who knows. There's a lot of ways this can go.

Flair at ring side?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On to something more pleasant: for the ROH/NJPW show in the Hammerstein, would I better off getting a lower balcony row 2 seat or a side box seat? It's been ages since I've been to a show there, and I think I just got GA last time.

Man I don't know. I don't know if it'll matter! I so badly want to make the trip but I can't justify the cost.

Fucking NJPW in America GODDDDD

Xater

I am done with WWE. Some people here are excited about the Network I kinda don#t care about most things that are going on. WM looks like garbage to me. I watched RAW this morning while I read the GAF thread with the reactions from yesterday. That was basically the only way to make this entertaining to me.

I think they'll add him in for the fear of being Batista being too badly winded as you said, I don't think he's capable of having a one on one 15-20 minute match right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am done with WWE. Some people here are excited about the Network I kinda don#t care about most things that are going on. WM looks like garbage to me. I watched RAW this morning while I read the GAF thread with the reactions from yesterday. That was basically the only way to make this entertaining to me.

Yeah but dat network doe

WCW for yeeeears. You don't have to support their current product to enjoy some of the best stuff.

We'll still see you for other promotions though. RAINMAKAAAAAA

Man I don't know. I don't know if it'll matter! I so badly want to make the trip but I can't justify the cost.

DO IT FUCKER

Man, I don't know if I should be stoked that I can choose to not go to Fukuoka now or if I should be kinda derp about it

Also Bryan is straight up going over everyone at Mania

Aiii

So not worth it
Yep, was watching Bash at the Beach 96 earlier and I'll finish that later when the buffering issues are over, gonna just go sequential after that and what all the way up to Starrcade 98 I suppose. Maybe move on to the ECW stuff after that.

There's a part of me that remembers Best of the American Super Juniors and cringes. But that was a long time ago, and both companies have a better idea of how to use each other.

Sokantish

Also Bryan is straight up going over everyone at Mania

Yep, he's gonna beat Triple H to open the show and then work his way into the championship match and win that too. Then he'll run in on the Brock and Undertaker match and DOUBLE KNEE both of them and knock them out. Oh and I forgot he's gonna be the tag team champion after he beats the New Age Outlaws

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Batista could just cap Orton in the face like he did to Ja Rule to win the championship... at least it'll give the fans something to talk about.

Fuck me? Fuck me? Fuck YOU. *bang* ahhhhh I loved Wrong Side of Town!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also I was very wrong about MLB.tv having no issues at all, I will resign from my position at the top of the Kiss My Ass Club for being so wrong.

Xater

Yeah but dat network doe

WCW for yeeeears. You don't have to support their current product to enjoy some of the best stuff.

We'll still see you for other promotions though. RAINMAKAAAAAA

I don't have that WCW connection because I never saw it back in the day. I am not getting the Network. I might still pop in from time to time for NJPW yes.

WWE for me right now is just an exercise in frustration. I can do better things with my time than spend it watching 3 hour RAWs I don't enjoy much.

Batista could just cap Orton in the face like he did to Ja Rule to win the championship... at least it'll give the fans something to talk about.

If Orton tells Batista to go fuck himself, then yeah he's probably toast

Yep, he's gonna beat Triple H to open the show and then work his way into the championship match and win that too. Then he'll run in on the Brock and Undertaker match and DOUBLE KNEE both of them and knock them out. Oh and I forgot he's gonna be the tag team champion after he beats the New Age Outlaws

You remember that video game storyline where Sheamus won all the belts?

It'll be that, just with Bryan.

Lolbryanwins

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have that WCW connection because I never saw it back in the day. I am not getting the Network. I might still pop in from time to time for NJPW yes.

WWE for me right now is just an exercise in frustration. I can do better things with my time than spend it watching 3 hour RAWs I don't enjoy much.

That's why I:

Hearthstone/Don't watch/Listen to the LAW/do anything but wait on Raw

I can't sacrifice 3 full hours to it, I just can't. I'm doing other things while it happens. Totally missed last night's show, went back to see Batista turning heel. Slowly.

How would you guys arrange the Wrestlemania matches keeping in mind the "peaks and valleys" booking they like to do as well as the fact that Orton/Batista will definitely be shit on and Batista will only be able to go 5 mins before getting gassed?

I guess mine would be something like:

Tag Filler
John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Midcard Filler (IC Title I guess)
Midcard Filler (Something Shield)
Daniel Bryan vs Triple H
Diva Filler
Orton vs Batista
Undertaker vs Lesnar

I really don't see a good way of booking that show and none of those matches strike me as a Mania main event. You'll be sucking the air out of the arena as soon as Bryan is finished his match, so sacrificing the divas and the world title match will at least hopefully allow people to recover enough a bit to enjoy Brock bump his ass off for Old Man Undertaker.

That's why I:

I can't sacrifice 3 full hours to it, I just can't. I'm doing other things while it happens. Totally missed last night's show, went back to see Batista turning heel. Slowly.

I DVR it and basically watch it on fast-forward. I miss the real time interactions, which frankly are what make the experience, but I don't have to sit there for 3 hours, usually in frustration.

jmdajr

That's why I:

So am I wrong? First time they dim the lights for when he came out.

Sunny you play Hearthstone?!

Gimme your tag you swine, I'll bury you with my totally shit decks!

And they combined the spotlight stuff with the pyro since he's been back. I remember noting it when he returned.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How would you guys arrange the Wrestlemania matches keeping in mind the "peaks and valleys" booking they like to do as well as the fact that Orton/Batista will definitely be shit on and Batista will only be able to go 5 mins before getting gassed?

I guess mine would be something like:

Tag Filler
John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Midcard Filler (IC Title I guess)
Midcard Filler (Something Shield)
Daniel Bryan vs Triple H
Diva Filler
Orton vs Batista
Undertaker vs Lesnar

I really don't see a good way of booking that show and none of those matches strike me as a Mania main event. You'll be sucking the air out of the arena as soon as Bryan is finished his match, so sacrificing the divas and the world title match will at least hopefully allow people to recover enough a bit to enjoy Brock bump his ass off for Old Man Undertaker.

Taker ain't goin on last. I'd put the Diva stuff earlier on the show, I guess. Maybe preshow. AJ isn't good enough for a spot on the main card. Hell I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom