• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

I feel like smarks are trying to be too smart for their own good.

In reality the HHH/Bry is a good thing. HHH, regardless how you feel about him is a big deal and the 2-3 times a year he steps in the ring is a big deal. To me, HHH/Bry and Bry getting over will do more for his "career" then taking the title off Orton at WM. The title doesn't matter right now. To smarks, you may thing it does but it doesn't. He's already over and him not winning the title at WM isn't going to somehow unmake him but beating the guy who has continuously screwed him since summerslam? That's bigger, that's bigger then some half ass forced in title win.

Just stahp with the nonsense. It's going to be a fucking great entertaining match with 2 people who actually know how to command in the ring and tell a story. Bryan isn't getting the title at Mania and you know it, i know it and it doesn't matter.

CM Punk doesn't feel that facing Triple H at WM is a big deal .

strobogo

Banned
I think I've figured out a slightly easier gif route.

I'll make the gif then, shrink the browser I'm playing it in and gif that...so second gen gif, basically.

Evidently it's now worth $60. Better get your money's worth from all of that historic content on the Network because you've just told them their current booking is AWESOME with your wallet.

Depends on what people are watching with their subscriptions, I'm betting people are mostly interested in and streaming the older content that was actually good.

Nor should it be. There's this sentiment that Bryan can't have bad matches, but after seeing Kane last night and his matches with Rowan and such, it'll be a 6 out of 10 match at best. Unless you have Mick Foley killing himself making Hunter look good, you can't have great matches with this man. But by all means, I have the Network trial, prove me wrong.

GhaleonQ

Well, I have my WrassleGAF LEGIT SHOOK sign ready to go for the 5th row at Smackdown. Hopefully, I at least get on-camera when The Shield walk by.

Also, as someone who tries to chat with musicians/writers/comedians/whoever when they come through, it's pretty frustrating to have wrestlers so closed off from the public except when you pay for it at WrestleMania.

I had a break from education consulting today, and Cesaro, Swagger, Rusev, Del Rio, Barrett, Axel, Fandango, Ambrose, Rollins, Woods, Emma, Rae, and Maddox were RIGHT THERE next to me at the gym. I gave them a head nod or "good luck tonight," but anything more would have been annoying. The Milwaukee arena is such that you can't really wait by the performer doors.

They don't owe me anything, but it's odd that such a carny profession is one of the few in 2014 to keep people from seeing them "offstage." Rusev told me my squat form could use work, though!

On another note, that "vanilla midgets" thing is nonsense. I'm taller than all of those people, but even Axel looks semi-intimidating in person.

My problem with this Mania is that while the company has done as good a job of building new stars as they have in years, their reneiging on it all during the marquee time of year. Missing an opportunity to elevate these guys at pretty much every turn.

I know others have mentioned it, but that's the key. So much perception moves during that event, about as much as a month of build itself. So, it's frustrating to have 2 months, essentially, where no one who needs to be important in the future does important things.

In reality the HHH/Bry is a good thing. HHH, regardless how you feel about him is a big deal and the 2-3 times a year he steps in the ring is a big deal. To me, HHH/Bry and Bry getting over will do more for his "career" then taking the title off Orton at WM. The title doesn't matter right now. To smarks, you may thing it does but it doesn't. He's already over and him not winning the title at WM isn't going to somehow unmake him but beating the guy who has continuously screwed him since summerslam? That's bigger, that's bigger then some half ass forced in title win.

Just stahp with the nonsense. It's going to be a fucking great entertaining match with 2 people who actually know how to command in the ring and tell a story. Bryan isn't getting the title at Mania and you know it, i know it and it doesn't matter.

I'd like to think The Shield versus The Wyatts would suggest that titles alone don't make the crowd into a match, but is the story really that masterful? Passive-aggression commands a lot less anger from the WWE crowd that McMahon's brutal aggression, no?

TL21xx

Banned

So true, so true.

CM Punk hasn't been booked to be directly screwed over by Triple H for over 6 months. Punk's anti-authority gimmick is great, but doesn't necessitate a mania match. This at least has the fresh history to be built into a landmark match in their feud.

Of course, I'm assuming they actually have the guts to build the feud properly and let Hunter do the job. I get why there's no faith in this because of their stubbornness to get on with the Batista/Orton program.

Or......OR

It's Bryan vs. HHH

2014 HHH.

In 2014.

Ain't nobody tryna see that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
qd7PgPf.gif

styl3s

Nor should it be. There's this sentiment that Bryan can't have bad matches, but after seeing Kane last night and his matches with Rowan and such, it'll be a 6 out of 10 match at best. Unless you have Mick Foley killing himself making Hunter look good, you can't have great matches with this man. But by all means, I have the Network trial, prove me wrong.
Are you saying you can't have great matches with HHH? Because if you are, you are fucking delusional.

Downhome

I predict that HHH will pin Daniel Bryan at WM after someone, whoever DB will be feuding with after WM, interferes and gives HHH the win. I don't know who it would be, but whoever it is will eventually be defeated by DB on his way to winning the title during the Spring or early Summer. I don't give DB a chance at all of beating HHH at the show. I am going in fully expecting to see DB get screwed out of the win.

I am done with WWE. Some people here are excited about the Network I kinda don#t care about most things that are going on. WM looks like garbage to me. I watched RAW this morning while I read the GAF thread with the reactions from yesterday. That was basically the only way to make this entertaining to me.

You should try Impact Wrestling.

Are you saying you can't have great matches with HHH? Because if you are, you are fucking delusional.

Ok thinking him having the inability to have great matches is irrational of me and I take that back. I think he can tell stories, which is arguably more important. But if these two are just gonna straight up WRASSLE? Then I fear for this event. All of HHH's best matches had some sort of gimmick/stipulation or added another person to it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

vs. Chris Jericho at Fully Loaded 2000
vs. Cactus Jack at Rumble 2000
vs. vs. The Rock at Judgement Day 2000
vs. Batista at Vengeance 2005
vs. Michaels at Summer Slam 2002
vs. Austin at No Way Out 2001
vs. vs. Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit at WM XX

So apparently the crowd on the Rumble '14 DVD was not edited and everything is left in tact. Rey getting booed, all the Bryan chants, Batista getting booed, etc. They didn't mess with it. Very impressive.

So apparently the crowd on the Rumble '14 DVD was not edited and everything is left in tact. Rey getting booed, all the Bryan chants, Batista getting booed, etc. They didn't mess with it. Very impressive.

They acknowledged everything about those chants last night on RAW.

vs. Chris Jericho at Fully Loaded 2000
vs. Cactus Jack at Rumble 2000
vs. vs. The Rock at Judgement Day 2000
vs. Batista at Vengeance 2005
vs. Michaels at Summer Slam 2002
vs. Austin at No Way Out 2001
vs. vs. Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit at WM XX

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll watch these and really grasp my true opinions of our dear COO. Granted the most recent of these matches was in 2005.

I think Mean Gene did a WBF reference at this Legends Roundtable thing going on at the Network live stream. He dropped the "loaded for bear" line and I lost my shit. Unless this is an inside thing or whatever.

Slizeezyc

Do you guys have trouble skipping to a point late(ish) in a PPV on the Network right now?

Like a PPV will start fine but if I want to skip to hour 3, it will hang and never get to that point. It doesn't happen with all of them, but some of them so far it's been an issue.

neat.

Kinda like how Mean Mark got into a motorcycle accident and became the Undertaker

This just has me envision a scenario where Mark crashes his bike in death valley and the only residence nearby is Bearer's funeral parlour, lo and behold he's now the Undertaker, gotta make ends meet to fix that bike.

Rapstah

This just has me envision a scenario where Mark crashes his bike in death valley and the only residence nearby is Bearer's funeral parlour, lo and behold he's now the Undertaker, gotta make ends meet to fix that bike.

Mark crashes his bike in El Paso and the only residence nearby is Brother Love's Love Parlor, where he is nursed back to health by Brother Love. Brother Love unfortunately is Brother Love and knows nothing about health, resulting in the Undertaker.

jred2k

TNA breath is no good. What happened to the bean breath that would like commentate on Main Event? You only need one hour a week to do that!

G-Fex

save that kind of thinking for the prequel WWE series

UberTag

Part of me feels they might let bray win this one....small part
I think there's a slight possibility if they build up the angle where Cena is half-crippled by weekly Wyatt attacks and he'll still need Harper & Rowan's assist as it won't be clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom