• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Here is a test gif/preview from WM29. What do you think?

iT3HEMriFdRmM.gif

got tears in my eyes!

Showaddy

I think there's a slight possibility if they build up the angle where Cena is half-crippled by weekly Wyatt attacks and he'll still need Harper & Rowan's assist as it won't be clean.

Clean or otherwise he really, really needs to win, his gimmick won't survive getting buried by an injured Cena. Bray's walking proof that NXT works though and thus by extension makes Hunter look good, I think he'll win even if it aint clean.

New Paige

britani_knight_instagram_6QFHxSmw.sized.jpg

448.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I have my WrassleGAF LEGIT SHOOK sign ready to go for the 5th row at Smackdown. Hopefully, I at least get on-camera when The Shield walk by.

It'll be a watershed moment, a true touchstone for Our Sport.

Rumors are going around now that Del Rio is going to get added to the title match at WM30. They seemed to plant the seed for this by him doing a Backstage Fallout interview where he demanded to be involved in the title match because he beat Batista on Raw.

Looks like the title match at WM30 could be a Fatal 4-Way with Orton vs. Batista vs. Del Rio vs. Bryan. Bryan would likely face HHH in a match where if he wins, he'd get added to the title match.

Rumors are going around now that Del Rio is going to get added to the title match at WM30. They seemed to plant the seed for this by him doing a Backstage Fallout interview where he demanded to be involved in the title match because he beat Batista on Raw.

Looks like the title match at WM30 could be a Fatal 4-Way with Orton vs. Batista vs. Del Rio vs. Bryan. Bryan would likely face HHH in a match where if he wins, he'd get added to the title match.
Lol......wut?

strobogo

Banned
Is it possible for ECW to have mic'd the ring any louder than they did? Maybe WWE should mic the ring super loud for Batista matches so the noise drowns out the crowd.

Holy shit it's Mania 2000 all over again
A MCMAHON IN EVERY CORNER

Ithil

Haha

Come in Meltzer, forgetting 2011 already?

They've mentioned it several times, but think this situation is different because it's one thing to have your "plan", and have a part of your audience wanting something different but the plan working.

For instance, going with Rock vs Cena at WM28 was the plan, and they did not shift focus to CM Punk since that wasn't the plan. That was a bad move, because while Punk became a star, he didn't become the star he shouldhave become.

However, Rock vs Cena did a huge buyrate and did good business, and most of the crowd were receptive. So even if they squandered something else, the plan they stuck to did do business.

But Orton/Batista? That plan isn't working one bit. The whole audience hates Batista, the face, and Orton is a cold heel and feels unimportant as champion. Neither men are draws like Cena or Rock are.

So it's massively illogical and downright stupid to stick with a plan that's not even working, just to stick with it.

Batigol

Banned

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2523.gif

WHHHHHYYYY

Vylash

o81aUdq.gif
o81aUdq.gif
o81aUdq.gif
o81aUdq.gif
o81aUdq.gif
o81aUdq.gif

I can live with this, Boring vs Bootista=horrible match..

Toki767

That can't be real lol. They may as well have put Kofi in the match since he actually pinned Orton.

strobogo

Banned
Some of the music edits have always been weird to me. Like for instance, why would they go to the trouble of creating a new, generic piece of music for RVD in ECW (which sounds nothing like Walk anyway) instead of using RVD's WWE theme? Sometimes they do it things like that, and sometimes they create new songs and I've never understood it.

Then sometimes they go the opposite way and use something like Cactus Jack's WCW theme on WWF stuff since the WWF theme was stock music that they don't have the rights to.

Aiii

So not worth it

Yeah, how did these rumors get started? Was it by chance a result of the guy writing this thinking of it and writing it down?

okayfrog

Banned

And where exactly are you hearing these rumors? I have no idea why Del Rio would be added to the title match other than to give him another title reign for some godforsaken reason before his contract ends in a couple months.

It sounds like it'll go like this. Basically, Del Rio's going to go around for weeks saying he beat Batista and should be in the title match. Since Batista's title shot can't be taken away because he won the Rumble, Del Rio will get added. They are going through a mad effort to keep him happy since he's made it clear if the current booking path for his character continues, he will leave when his contract is up. Also at some point during this, Bryan is going to demand to be added to the title match if he can beat HHH at WM30 and he'll goat HHH into it with the idea of, "If I can beat the COO at WM30, me being WWE World Champion would definitely be best for business". HHH might even position his match with Bryan to be right before the main event to further Bryan as the underdog.

They may call an audible and have Bryan win the belt at WM30, but make no mistake: Batista's going to be the champion when he starts promoting Guardians of the Galaxy in the summer. They want the belt to be seen on all the promotional shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big Dave lost all his striations. If he competed in the WBF, the Golden Eagle would spend his whole set saying how bad he looked as compared to recent years.

Dave still has great mass. Good amount of majesty, and he's got nearly a full clip for when he's loaded for bear. It's not perfect but it's nothing to sneeze at.

okayfrog

Banned
It sounds like it'll go like this. Basically, Del Rio's going to go around for weeks saying he beat Batista and should be in the title match. Since Batista's title shot can't be taken away because he won the Rumble, Del Rio will get added. They are going through a mad effort to keep him happy since he's made it clear if the current booking path for his character continues, he will leave when his contract is up. Also at some point during this, Bryan is going to demand to be added to the title match if he can beat HHH at WM30 and he'll goat HHH into it with the idea of, "If I can beat the COO at WM30, me being WWE World Champion would definitely be best for business". HHH might even position his match with Bryan to be right before the main event to further Bryan as the underdog.

They may call an audible and have Bryan win the belt at WM30, but make no mistake: Batista's going to be the champion when he starts promoting Guardians of the Galaxy in the summer. They want the belt to be seen on all the promotional shit.

Sounds great, far out, neat-o, but where are you hearing this?

In my TEW game, Daniel Bryan got a match with HHH to get a title shot by saying he'd conform towards what's 'Best for Business' in HHH's eyes by cutting his hair and shaving his beard. If that's what it would take to become the Face of the Company.

However, if he beat HHH then he'd get a title shot at WM.

Striker

And where exactly are you hearing these rumors? I have no idea why Del Rio would be added to the title match other than to give him another title reign for some godforsaken reason before his contract ends in a couple months.
Or a body they can use for the pinfall, instead of golden boy or (potentially?) Bryan.

strobogo

Banned
Dave still has great mass. Good amount of majesty, and he's got nearly a full clip for when he's loaded for bear. It's not perfect but it's nothing to sneeze at.

I'm pretty sure ADR has more mass than Bateaster now. It's sad. He shouldn't have dropped all that muscle to fight a fatty in MMA. It's going to be next to impossible to put it back on at his age, especially since he is a full timer and subject to Wellness Tests.

And let's be real here, they changed the goddamn Mania 2000 main the week before, and gave away the former main the week before on RAW

Anything can happen in the WWF!

sajj316

Del Rio in the match would mean .. he's taking the pin. This is assuming the rumors are true. Triple H protects his guys and Daniel Bryan wins the championship .. hurray ....

Malvingt2

Si!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure ADR has more mass than Bateaster now. It's sad. He shouldn't have dropped all that muscle to fight a fatty in MMA. It's going to be next to impossible to put it back on at his age, especially since he is a full timer and subject to Wellness Tests.

Most of this is true except Del Rio's mass. Dave's still a big man. Still big! He's got enough majesty to spare.

From now on I'll use majesty in the place of muscles or mass. Workin' on my majesty.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Source?

Aiii

So not worth it
Poor guys, hoping against hope that WWE still does the right thing, even after they spend two months of obvious opportunities to add Bryan to the match and ignoring them to go with what they actually want instead.

Guys, come on. Stop this, it'll only end in heartbreak!

Striker

tehehe

And didn't they take away strikes from Orton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom