• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean Castlevania of War? Lol.

i8HZrCHoFvi9z.gif

Slizeezyc

Went looking for Vader vs. Foley stuff -- stumbled upon Halloween Havoc '93.

So, uh, are you guys aware of the intro to this show with bean breath's old pal Tony Schiavone. It's, well, it's just amazing.

strobogo

Banned
WM1 is pretty terrible. I don't even understand how it was such a success. It's basically just a normal MSG show, but on PPV. Nothing about it screams "biggest show ever". But Lord Al looking completely lost every time the camera is on him is hilarious.

DMczaf

I'm about to start my WM2000 review watch and WHAT THE FUCK THE ONLY SINGLES MATCH IS A GOD DAMN DIVAS MATCH WTF.

Fuck you guys.

DMczaf

Who the fuck booked this piece of shit card?

A McMahon in every corner for the Fatal 4 Way Elimination? WHY? What did I do to deserve this place in hell?

strobogo

Banned
Who the fuck booked this piece of shit card?

A McMahon in every corner for the Fatal 4 Way Elimination? WHY? What did I do to deserve this place in hell?

Lol. Main event of WM XXX: Randy Orton w/HHH vs Batista w/Stephanie vs Bryan w/Vince vs ADR w/Linda.

The face of The World storyline should be in unison with the title match. How a brah gone for four years be considered the face is crazy. Or a brah people are legit bored of. I thought it was impossible to get heat in today's Exchange but Batista proved me wrong. Though there is a little X Pacific heat to it

Aiii

So not worth it
Lol. Main event of WM XXX: Randy Orton w/HHH vs Batista w/Stephanie vs Bryan w/Vince vs ADR w/Linda.

Why stop there? Come on now, we can do better.

Main event of WM XXX: Randy Orton w/HHH vs Batista w/Stephanie vs Bryan w/Vince vs ADR w/ Linda vs. Punk w/Shane vs. Hogan w/Bischof vs. Brock w/Heyman vs. Magnus w/ Dixie

Brawl for all championship match. Hogan wins.

miserable

Main event of WM XXX: Randy Orton w/HHH vs Batista w/Stephanie vs Bryan w/Vince vs ADR w/ Linda vs. Punk w/Shane vs. Hogan w/Bischof vs. Brock w/Heyman vs. Magnus w/ Dixie

with the fingerpoke of doom v2.0. I would mark out HARD.

strobogo

Banned
It's kind of weird that despite taking as much top talent from various territories as Vince could, there were still so many terrible wrestlers in 1985-1987ish.

Just listening to the William Regal episode of the Steve Austin podcast. What's the story behind that weird bit when they talk about Savage/Steamboat at WM3? Something about not being able to watch the match once they heard "something" from Steamboat.

DiscoJon

Banned

Throw in Cesaro w/ Zeb and the Undertaker w/ the ghost of Paul Bearer and you've got yourself a 5 Star match.

strobogo

Banned
To piggy back on bad wrestlers in the Hulkamania era, a prime example is George Steele. Dude was terrible and 20 years past his prime, yet here he is at WM2 dominating Randy Savage, kicking out of and completely no selling the elbow, then losing to a roll up with feet on the ropes. And despite being so past his prime and so bad, dude was around for at least another year, and off an on into the 90s.

Anth0ny

I'm about to start my WM2000 review watch and WHAT THE FUCK THE ONLY SINGLES MATCH IS A GOD DAMN DIVAS MATCH WTF.

Fuck you guys.

Amazing that possibly the best year for WWF ever when it comes to workrate/quality PPVs had one of the worst Wrestlemanias ever.

I remember Backlash the following month being 100x better than Mania.

I bet Lord Al was a terrible wrestler.

He was actually pretty great in his prime - good technical ability and he had this 'cheeky heel' sort of character that the crowd would either love or hate, depending on who he was facing. I've only seen a handful of matches, but I enjoyed his work.

strobogo

Banned
fuck it man, might as well add in Scott Dawson with Sylvestor Lefort.

Lefort is so bad. He and CJ Parker are guys I just can't figure out what HHH sees in them. Ascension too, but I guess because Connor O'Brien is big is enough to give the team an extra chance or something. They're so boring. But Lefort is bad. He has the most stereotypical French accent which is apparently his actual accent, he's a terrible speaker, he looks like 1999 Macho Man knock off, and is really bad in the ring. So he's bad at being a manager and a wrestler. No upside as far as I'm concerned. Same thing with CJ Parker. Dude is straight ass with a terrible look, terrible gimmick, terrible speaking skills, and terrible in the ring. It's hard to believe that Miz could come down to NXT and actually look like he doesn't suck when compared to CJ Parker.

He was actually pretty great in his prime - good technical ability and he had this 'cheeky heel' sort of character that the crowd would either love or hate, depending on who he was facing. I've only seen a handful of matches, but I enjoyed his work.

Hm. I'm basing it completely on how he was in the WWF. He was really not good at all in the position he was put in. He always seemed so lost and confused, forgot lines, stumbled over lines, and could never really decide if he was a heel or a face on commentary. He seemed to have a knack for pointing out all the negatives in a match/wrestler even when his partner would try the opposite. I didn't like him as a kid and the older I get, the more I realize how woefully inappropriate he was for that job.

Forkball

Let's be real: how many Wrestlemanias are actually good overall? Not talking about singular matches, I mean the majority of the card being watchable.

Aiii

So not worth it
Let's be real: how many Wrestlemanias are actually good overall? Not talking about singular matches, I mean the majority of the card being watchable.

Pretty much all of them to be real.

Maybe one or two of them are unwatchable and a few more are "mweh" and uninteresting, but have redeeming matches.

strobogo

Banned
WM1 sucks. WM2 is really weird because they have the brightly lit ring and colors of the late 80s, but still had the dark crowds and smokey arena feel. It was a transition show, but it isn't good, either. To me, the concept of WM really didn't gel until WM6. Summerslam was usually the stronger show.

Browny

Banned
Pretty much all of them to be real.

Maybe one or two of them are unwatchable and a few more are "mweh" and uninteresting, but have redeeming matches.

Yep - this. Just looking through the cards for the past dozen or so - each has a missable match floating around (whether it's a short Divas match, or anything involving Khali). 24 was ok - an 11 second match and Playboy match not withstanding.

Lefort is so bad. He and CJ Parker are guys I just can't figure out what HHH sees in them. Ascension too, but I guess because Connor O'Brien is big is enough to give the team an extra chance or something. They're so boring. But Lefort is bad. He has the most stereotypical French accent which is apparently his actual accent, he's a terrible speaker, he looks like 1999 Macho Man knock off, and is really bad in the ring. So he's bad at being a manager and a wrestler. No upside as far as I'm concerned. Same thing with CJ Parker. Dude is straight ass with a terrible look, terrible gimmick, terrible speaking skills, and terrible in the ring. It's hard to believe that Miz could come down to NXT and actually look like he doesn't suck when compared to CJ Parker.
NXT is 0 for 2 in managers that actually do anything interesting. I've never seen him actually wrestle a non squash, but he's bad at everything else so i buy it.

Konnor suddenly got over with YAH recently. he's a shit singles guy, but is also somehow the better guy in his tag team. at least he usually knows who the legal man on his team is by the end of the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom