• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Luger vs Perfect sounds good on paper... but the rest looks painful.

That doesn't sound good on a paper at all. Especially not after both were coming off of injuries. Pretending I haven't seen WM9 20 times, the only things that really look like they could be good are Steiners vs Headshrinkers, HBK vs Tatanka, and Razor vs Backlund.

Aiii

So not worth it
I get WrestleMania 11, which has Zeb!

1 The Allied Powers (Lex Luger and The British Bulldog) vs. The Blu Brothers (Jacob and Eli) (with Uncle Zebekiah) Tag team match
2 Razor Ramon (with The 1–2–3 Kid) vs. Jeff Jarrett (c) (with The Roadie) Singles match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship
3 The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) vs. King Kong Bundy (with Ted DiBiase) Singles match with Larry Young as the special guest referee
4 Owen Hart and Yokozuna (with Mr. Fuji and Jim Cornette) vs. The Smoking Gunns (c) (Billy and Bart) Tag team match for the WWF Tag Team Championship
5 Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund "I Quit" match with Roddy Piper as the special guest referee
6 Diesel (c) (with Pamela Anderson) vs. Shawn Michaels (with Sid and Jenny McCarthy) for the WWF Championship
7 Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (with Ted DiBiase) (Lumberjack match)

Fun fact since this was discussed earlier, this WrestleMania didn't have a main event WWF title match!

Browny

Banned
That doesn't sound good on a paper at all. Especially not after both were coming off of injuries. Pretending I haven't seen WM9 20 times, the only things that really look like they could be good are Steiners vs Headshrinkers, HBK vs Tatanka, and Razor vs Backlund.
On paper, pre-accident/WBF Luger vs fit Perfect would have been good - didn't know about the injuries (bows to more knowledgeable persons).

Still, having to finish that review on Hogan is going to be the biggest downer since... WM30. Wait a second...

6 Diesel (c) (with Pamela Anderson) vs. Shawn Michaels (with Sid and Jenny McCarthy) for the WWF Championship

Oh dear lord, I was 15 when I saw this...
Clearly I enjoyed it.

Aiii

So not worth it
1303403429988_ORIGINAL.jpg
1303403428000_ORIGINAL.jpg
1303403419564_ORIGINAL.jpg
http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl/2011/04/30/tenille

Aiii

So not worth it
There's more plastic in those bodies than in those chairs. Amazing how you didn't realise this as a teenager.

strobogo

Banned
On paper, pre-accident/WBF Luger vs fit Perfect would have been good - didn't know about the injuries (bows to more knowledgeable persons).

Still, having to finish that review on Hogan is going to be the biggest downer since... WM30. Wait a second...

Lex was coming off the motorcycle wreck (and cycling off steroids) and Perfect had taken time off for most of 1991 and 1992 for his bad back. Lex was never the same after jumping to the WWF, although I have no idea if that had anything to do with the bike wreck. Lex was really pretty decent and very capable of being carried to a good match before 1992. After that, he was terrible. Perfect was also a shell of himself in 1993, but not terrible by any stretch. Those two in a match against each other in 1990 would have been really fun I bet.

I have a feeling that the only reason Perfect came back to the ring in 1992-1993 was because Vince offered him a ton of money due to the lack of star power at the time. Same thing with WCW, as he was working with back and knee injuries basically his entire run there.

Wrestlemania V:
  1. Hercules vs. King Haku (w/Bobby Heenan)
  2. The Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) vs. The Twin Towers (Akeem & The Big Boss Man) (w/Slick)
  3. Brutus Beefcake vs. Ted DiBiase (w/Virgil)
  4. The Bushwhackers (Butch & Luke) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques Rougeau & Raymond Rougeau)
  5. Mr. Perfect vs. The Blue Blazer
  6. Demolition (Ax & Smash) (c) vs. Mr. Fuji & The Powers Of Pain (The Barbarian & The Warlord) WWF World Tag Team Title Three On Two Handicap Match
  7. Dino Bravo (w/Frenchy Martin) vs. Ronnie Garvin
  8. Strike Force (Rick Martel & Tito Santana) vs. The Brain Busters (Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard) (w/Bobby Heenan)
  9. Andre The Giant (w/Bobby Heenan) vs. Jake Roberts (Special Referee: Big John Studd)
  10. Greg Valentine & The Honky Tonk Man (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart)
  11. The Ultimate Warrior (c) vs. Rick Rude (w/Bobby Heenan) WWF Intercontinental Title Match
  12. Bad News Brown vs. Jim Duggan
  13. Bobby Heenan (w/The Brooklyn Brawler) vs. The Red Rooster
  14. Randy Savage (c) vs. Hulk Hogan WWF World Heavyweight Title Match

i don't actually know if it's good or not, but god damn, lotta matches

Wrestlemania V:
  1. Hercules vs. King Haku (w/Bobby Heenan)
  2. The Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) vs. The Twin Towers (Akeem & The Big Boss Man) (w/Slick)
  3. Brutus Beefcake vs. Ted DiBiase (w/Virgil)
  4. The Bushwhackers (Butch & Luke) vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques Rougeau & Raymond Rougeau)
  5. Mr. Perfect vs. The Blue Blazer
  6. Demolition (Ax & Smash) (c) vs. Mr. Fuji & The Powers Of Pain (The Barbarian & The Warlord) WWF World Tag Team Title Three On Two Handicap Match
  7. Dino Bravo (w/Frenchy Martin) vs. Ronnie Garvin
  8. Strike Force (Rick Martel & Tito Santana) vs. The Brain Busters (Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard) (w/Bobby Heenan)
  9. Andre The Giant (w/Bobby Heenan) vs. Jake Roberts (Special Referee: Big John Studd)
  10. Greg Valentine & The Honky Tonk Man (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart)
  11. The Ultimate Warrior (c) vs. Rick Rude (w/Bobby Heenan) WWF Intercontinental Title Match
  12. Bad News Brown vs. Jim Duggan
  13. Bobby Heenan (w/The Brooklyn Brawler) vs. The Red Rooster
  14. Randy Savage (c) vs. Hulk Hogan WWF World Heavyweight Title Match

i don't actually know if it's good or not, but god damn, lotta matches

A fairly poor Wrestlemania in my book. When Savage vs Hogan is the best match on the card, you can pretty much guess the standard of the other matches. Andre vs Jake has some comedy value however.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did a test with giffing from the WWE Network for my Mania review. Gotta love that picture quality.

rey1obbsr.gif

That movement, so smooth <3

UberTag

Falling in love with Emma. So beautiful.

JBL is a dick... assuming it wasn't Vince in his ear ofc.
I'm assuming everything that comes out of JBL's mouth right now is either directly from Vince or something he perceives Vince would like to hear.

If I wanted to watch JBL speak candidly, I'd go look up one of his stock advice or mountain climbing videos. The only thing I see on WWE is a soulless dancing husk in a cowboy hat with Vince McMahon's wrist up his asshole.

There's absolutely nothing genuine about anyone on the commentary team right now. Whereas all of the best commentators and color guys in wrestling have authenticity and commitment to their craft in spades. Whether you're talking about JR, Heenan, Monsoon, Ventura... hell, even Tenay.

Marvel

could never
I'm assuming everything that comes out of JBL's mouth right now is either directly from Vince or something he perceives Vince would like to hear.

If I wanted to watch JBL speak candidly, I'd go look up one of his stock advice or mountain climbing videos. The only thing I see on WWE is a soulless dancing husk in a cowboy hat with Vince McMahon's wrist up his asshole.

There's absolutely nothing genuine about anyone on the commentary team right now. Whereas all of the best commentators and color guys in wrestling have authenticity and commitment to their craft in spades. Whether you're talking about JR, Heenan, Monsoon, Ventura... hell, even Tenay.

Quite right.

I just thought the comment was so unnecessary even for a Heel commentator to make. It doesn't make sense to knock the appearance of a Diva outta nowhere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okada's 2013 theme is just unbelievable. Best version of Rainmaker ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwIcX3qsUQ

Also goddamn I love Toru Yano more and more. He can work with ANYONE.

EDIT: JEEEEEZUS Stro those gifs...so good. I remember watching that show a few years back. Hot ass crowd. Loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom