• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I don't even feel bad for Bryan. If he had a spine he would have told the writers fuck no to the handshake yesterday and the "seal of approval" speech today.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No way. You're way better off doing the respect thing as long as the one you're putting over isn't Hulk Hogan. That way they can play these promos if you ever do feud in the future.

I'm really excited to see NXT become a full-time touring brand. If for no other reason than to really see how much growth potential it has. Because if it can consistently draw good crowds, and the two instant sell-outs in Ohio are promising, it'll put a rest to the "Only over at Full Sail" BS.

Alucard

Banned
For what its worth I tweeted something. Its not gonna make a difference I'm sure...but at least its something. Much better that than me complaining about Reigns again.

Yeah, I made two posts about it. The way women are treated in the WWE is bigtime bullshit.

I think if he can keep his promos up to his current standard or better and doesn't throw a stinker against Brock then he'll be ok.

vince is much more clever than he once was

they are going to dumb down heyman's promos and probably protect the hell out of him

they are not going to leave any room for crowd backfires

their program is going to probably be flat but that's only going to leave room for lesnar cheers

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yea, but sometimes you have to push and shove in the back to make your point, as history has shown.

D-Bry got himself into the main event of last years show and won the title. He'll be back there in the future. What point would he be looking to prove really? Being a dick for the sake of being a dick?

Daniel Butthurt

iZvX1A8jPevFh.gif
Darn right he is but that's okay, you know why? Cause that's just gonna get his s-ah-moan blood boilin', baby girl.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The saddest thing is that ROH should be bigger than it is, but Sinclair couldn't give less of a shit about it. Restricting the budget will hurt them a lot.

They fucked up the first cable deal so bad. ROH could have been TNA at its height big eventually. Total failure of leadership.

UberTag

Meh, I don't even feel bad for Bryan. If he had a spine he would have told the writers fuck no to the handshake yesterday and the "seal of approval" speech today.
That D.Brine is the ultimate company man.
Dude is looking out for his livelihood and is content to be an unambitious midcarder who occasionally steals the show and makes a handsome sum.
Doesn't want his Hall of Fame spot taken away from him like CM Punk.
He wants to be able to join the Bushwhackers someday.

D-Bry got himself into the main event of last years show and won the title. He'll be back there in the future. What point would he be looking to prove really? Being a dick for the sake of being a dick?

More like if he made some noise in the back he might not have been in that position. But whatever, this result and his road to Wrestlemania looks very promising!

Dude is looking out for his livelihood and is content to be an unambitious midcarder who occasionally steals the show and makes a handsome sum.

Pretty much

Nah, he doesn't give a shit about any superfluous accolades. He really just wants to wrestle. Like if they demoted Bryan to NXT and he spent the rest of his career there having awesome matches all the time, he'd be in heaven.

He's said multiple times he doesn't care about politics or his position, he just wants to have good matches and doesn't care if it's curtain jerking or main eventing. He even said he finds the fan reactions funny.

Don't feel bad for Bryan. He's a "the journey matters" guy. It's hard to be sad about a guy not being the champ godking of all time if that's not what he wants to be.

He's said multiple times he doesn't care about politics or his position, he just wants to have good matches and doesn't care if it's curtain jerking or main eventing. He even said he finds the fan reactions funny.

Don't feel bad for Bryan. He's a "the journey matters" guy. It's hard to be sad about a guy not being the champ godking of all time if that's not what he wants to be.

Yea, I read/heard that interview, which is my point. We can hate on WWE for not booking the better storyline in Brock/Bryan, but I'm not going to go as far as to say Bryan is being screwed or anything if he doesn't even make his case in the back.

You are absolutely correct.

LAW guys did make at least one good point when they said there's almost no chance Brock re-signs before his contract expires and he can test the market, so there's no way he walks out of Mania with the belt.

Vylash

LAW guys did make at least one good point when they said there's almost no chance Brock re-signs before his contract expires and he can test the market, so there's no way he walks out of Mania with the belt.

seeing everyone working themselves into thinking Brock retains earlier was hilarious

but i will say this, at least in regards to sports, what better deal could he get than WWE?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Maybe he likes walking around with the goofy belt and tells Vince he only stays if he gets to squash Reigns.

The testing the market shit argument is kind of silly. As if the folks interested in signing him aren't already telling him right now what they are going to pay him a month from now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
seeing everyone working themselves into thinking Brock retains earlier was hilarious

but i will say this, at least in regards to sports, what better deal could he get than WWE?

Bellator might give him a truckload of cash to beat up some has beens.

But as for work:dollar ratio? WWE is the best bet.

UFC would take him back in a heartbeat if he's healthy enough, pay him at least near what WWE's struggling to pay him now if not more, and that comes with less actual fights (albeit with training camps where he'll still have to put in tons of work)

If he isn't retiring, it's UFC or bust. I don't see any reason he sticks around, because I don't see any way they're able to pay him what he wants again. A one year extension ain't enough.

UFC would take him back in a heartbeat if he's healthy enough, pay him at least near what WWE's struggling to pay him now if not more, and that comes with less actual fights (albeit with training camps where he'll still have to put in tons of work)

If he isn't retiring, it's UFC or bust. I don't see any reason he sticks around, because I don't see any way they're able to pay him what he wants again. A one year extension ain't enough.

The whole "WWE can't pay him what he wants" thing is old news. With the Network numbers going up as they have and the stock price reacting accordingly, they can absolutely afford to pay him. And because of that, most who would know seem to expect he'll be back with WWE.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
UFC can probably pay him more. It will just be a ton more work and he'll probably get wrecked after he fights his first few creampuff fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom