• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

I still can't believe that Roman segment from last night. I don't think I've ever seen a single instance of Vince trying so hard to get everyone to like someone since Lex Luger hip tossed body slammed Yokozuna.

Hasney

I still can't believe that Roman segment from last night. I don't think I've ever seen a single instance of Vince trying so hard to get everyone to like someone since Lex Luger hip tossed body slammed Yokozuna.

Good point. We need an aircraft carrier, a helicopter and a fitting montage song just before WM.

Hasney

He? How sexist of you to assume Hasney, the reviewer is a woman.

ido.gif

Ithil

I don't know what they think is going to happen. Rock fans didn't like when Rock told them Cena was great, and nothing would change with Bryan telling everyone Reigns is great.
No one buys it, it's transparent.

Bandini

What I caught last night of Raw was pretty bad, I find myself appreciating NXT more and more as time goes by. NXT is the best, it's like the Meryl Streep of wrestling.

Forkball

I've never seen a face just stand there quietly and listen to the heel go off like Roman Reigns. It's like he's sitting in a class or something. Can you imagine Austin just standing there twiddling his thumbs? The Rock needs to teach him how to intensely pace around a ring and twitch.

Ithil

I didn't think it was so bad. Typical babyface putting over the next guy. A passing of the torch if you will.

It's one thing for a face to show respect, but the corny "I was a boo-er, now I am a beelab-er" format was lame. A Bryan fan doesn't want to see the guy they like saying that Reigns is better than him, they're not going to believe it, and it isn't gonna get Reigns any more support.

jmdajr

Soooooo

Brock vs Reigns
Stang vs HHH
Cena vs Rusev
Randy vs Rollins (or Team Randy vs Team Authority)
Ambrose vs Wade vs Ziggler
Sheamus vs Bryan
Wyatt vs Undertaker
Goldust vs Stardust
Battle Royal (with Miz and Sandow being last two?????)
Brass Ring vs Usos.
Divas nonsense

That's seems about it no?

iMax

Soooooo

Brock vs Reigns
Stang vs HHH
Cena vs Rusev
Ambrose vs Wade vs Ziggler vs #givetruthachance
Sheamus vs Bryan
Wyatt vs Undertaker
Goldust vs Stardust
Brass Ring vs Usos.
Divas nonsense

ftfy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I rather like the AV Club's take on this:

To wrap all of this up, if there’s one thing this episode of RAW will provide, it is more fuel to the conspiracy theory that the Nexus reunion is on the horizon. This doesn’t just go back to The Miz talking about how he was Daniel Bryan’s Pro on NXT season one. This goes to the stars aligning in a coincidental way that WWE would honestly never even think to try. You have the Prime Time Players reuniting to bring forth millions of dollars (and whistles and washrags). You have Ryback slowly but surely transforming back into Skip Sheffield as he tells his former tag team partner, Curtis Axel, to “Turn your upper lip south and shut your mouth” (which he literally said back on an episode of NXT in 2010). You have Curtis Axel being one step away from cutting an earnestly good version of his “genesis” promo. You have David Otunga infiltrating his way onto pre-shows, removing Alex Riley from existence. You have Wade Barrett becoming downright disillusioned by a system that condones a literal lunatic stealing his hard-earned title. You have Daniel Bryan constantly being patronized by the latest Superstar with “the look.” You have Heath Slater’s new haircut. Bray Wyatt is probably going to lose at Wrestlemania to The Undertaker because his possession of Husky Harris is weakening him or something. Mark my words.

Hasney

To wrap all of this up, if there’s one thing this episode of RAW will provide, it is more fuel to the conspiracy theory that the Nexus reunion is on the horizon. This doesn’t just go back to The Miz talking about how he was Daniel Bryan’s Pro on NXT season one. This goes to the stars aligning in a coincidental way that WWE would honestly never even think to try. You have the Prime Time Players reuniting to bring forth millions of dollars (and whistles and washrags). You have Ryback slowly but surely transforming back into Skip Sheffield as he tells his former tag team partner, Curtis Axel, to “Turn your upper lip south and shut your mouth” (which he literally said back on an episode of NXT in 2010). You have Curtis Axel being one step away from cutting an earnestly good version of his “genesis” promo. You have David Otunga infiltrating his way onto pre-shows, removing Alex Riley from existence. You have Wade Barrett becoming downright disillusioned by a system that condones a literal lunatic stealing his hard-earned title. You have Daniel Bryan constantly being patronized by the latest Superstar with “the look.” You have Heath Slater’s new haircut. Bray Wyatt is probably going to lose at Wrestlemania to The Undertaker because his possession of Husky Harris is weakening him or something. Mark my words.

If it was even teased on the Raw after Wrestlemania, I would be back day 1.

It would shockingly make sense as an obstacle for Reigns. Where do you go after beating a force Cena beat as soon as he returned? Take out a group Cena squashed.

Then reveal the bigger picture... And re-hire Michael "manly voice" Tarver.

Fox318

Soooooo

Brock vs Reigns
Stang vs HHH
Cena vs Rusev
Ambrose vs Wade vs Ziggler
Sheamus vs Bryan
Wyatt vs Undertaker
Goldust vs Stardust
Brass Ring vs Usos.
Divas nonsense

Brock vs Reigns 3 minutes
Stang vs HHH 20 minutes
Cena vs Rusev 10 minutes
Randy vs Rollins (or Team Randy vs Team Authority) 16 minutes
Ambrose vs Wade vs Ziggler 4 minutes
Sheamus vs Bryan 19 second Sheamus win
Wyatt vs Undertaker 10 minutes
Goldust vs Stardust 7 minutes
Battle Royal 7 minutes
Brass Ring vs Usos. 5 minutes
Divas nonsense 30 seconds

jmdajr

Well it started off somewhat plausible.

Sephzilla

Husky Harris was part of New Nexus wasn't he? I dont remember him in the original Nexus.

Maybe Justin Gabriel quitting is a work?

Hasney

Husky Harris was part of New Nexus wasn't he? I dont remember him in the original Nexus.

Maybe Justin Gabriel quitting is a work?

Mike McG and Husky joined while Wade was in charge. They helped him win when "Nexus members were barred from Ringside".

Sephzilla

Mike McG and Husky joined while Wade was in charge. They helped him win when "Nexus members were barred from Ringside".

Ah. Thank you.

I like the idea of a Nexus reunion but that's all way too clever for WWE writers. I'd prefer to see the Nexus reunite but Wyatt stays separate and reunites the Wyatt family, and then maybe those two factions battle it out for a bit until The Shield reunites.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a new review over at ye olde legitshook.com - Bootaaay has fed Stro some wrestling matches, and Stro reviews them. I like the concept. Some great gifs, too.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/...24/senorlariato-gives-stro-some-shit-to-watch

HARASHIMA/Konosuke Takeshita/Tetuya Endo vs Kota Ibushi/Daisuke Sekimoto/Yuji Okabayashi DDT 1/25/15

Eita vs Jimmy Kagetora 1/25/15 Dragon Gate

Shuji Ishikawa vs Yuji Okabayashi BJW World Strong Heavyweight Championship 2/2/15 BJW

Atushi Aoki vs Kotaro Suzuki 2/20/15 AJPW

Tomohiro Ishii vs Tomoaki Honma NEVER Openweight Championship 2/14/15 NJPW

Hex

Banned
I am honestly thinking that they are still on the fence as to whether to put Bryan in a 3 way with Reigns and Brock or have him work another program.
That is why you have not seen them commit yet.

Ithil

I am honestly thinking that they are still on the fence as to whether to put Bryan in a 3 way with Reigns and Brock or have him work another program.

Nah, they've doubled down on the singles.

Sephzilla

The reason they havent committed Bryan to anything is because Vince doesn't care. He's got his two favorite action figures in the main event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I meant like Work? Shoot? What happened that set it all off?

Or are you saying "It's on a magazine = work" Who would let someone break their face on purpose.

Oh, I thought you were just asking if there's been any developments, then mentioned the magazine cover. That's the only update I know of is that it hits magazines.

I'm still leaning towards shoot, I think it's just too fucking vicious to be a work. Who goes into something like that for a work? That's too fucking brutal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A few things I found since I decided to look about the Yoshiko brutality, friend STRIGGA has been keeping his ear to the ground:

Yoshiko was interviewed by Tokyo Sports in the #stardom office. Headline reads: "Yoshiko apologized for face vandalism".

Did you know? Kyohei Wada was also referee when Yoshiaki Fujiwara ripped YOSHIHIKOs arm off... and he DID stop the match.

Tokyo Sports reports that Act Yasukwa does not consider legal actions against Yoshiko at this point.

Tokyo Sports says they expect the announcement of the punishment for Yoshiko will come out today.

I don't recall hearing Bryan saying that Reigns is better than him. It was more a "you have more heart to be in the main event than I thought", which is probably true that he have. I still don't think he has the skill yet, but oh well, at least is the second year with Cena out of the main event.

Nexus reunion? Please no, 2010 was the worst year in the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom