• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

So supposedly Brock Stormed off?? I hope it was not cause they wanted to do some bullshit fuckery. Brock looks like a guy that is willing to do business, even bullshit business as long as it makes some sort of sense.

Look at the AJ tweets, I am guessing she doesn't want to come back lol.

It could have been a situation where they changed script at last minute. Maybe they thought Reigns wouldn't look Strong with Brock in the ring with him?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Make their own chance in time'
tumblr_n67o9wcs7O1srbyoyo1_400.gif

sorry alicia, you just didn't want it :( t hose nxt girls want it more :( no it has nothing to do with the booking. you just didn't want it enough. :(
Judging by his matches, I can believe that he hasn't

He had to have watched it in the last 10 years so he could have enough time to make an indy career ripping off Punk.

So supposedly Brock Stormed off?? I hope it was not cause they wanted to do some bullshit fuckery. Brock looks like a guy that is willing to do business, even bullshit business as long as it makes some sort of sense.

Look at the AJ tweets, I am guessing she doesn't want to come back lol.

Probably wanted to make him look like a bitch to Reigns. I hope he quits and never comes back just to fuck Vince McMahon. He's already got a fight lined up with Mir in UFC. He would make millions on that one fight alone.

Pizoxuat

Sasha Banks is standing up for Corey on tumblr, saying the people calling him out are all idiots. It's honestly fantastic that NXT treats women's wrestling with respect, and I hope for her sake that she doesn't get called up.

Kaladin

NXT is odd in that it treats women's wrestling with respect, it treats mid-card feuds and titles with respect, and every wrestler, even jobbers are given a chance by announcers till they prove otherwise.

kirblar

Sasha Banks is standing up for Corey on tumblr, saying the people calling him out are all idiots. It's honestly fantastic that NXT treats women's wrestling with respect, and I hope for her sake that she doesn't get called up.
It's an issue of people just not understanding the politics that are going on internally. The hardcore internet fans get it, but the Raw-only viewers won't.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data, I've been watching some Rick Rude in WCW. I think he was better there.

Also his theme was amazing

It's not a thought. It's just truth. Towards the end of his career in WWF, he was pulling out the best matches of Warrior's career. His moveset was more lethal, and the cropped haircut made him look like a serious main eventer instead of a midcard heel. He went from working with guys like Warrior, Hogan, Jake, and JYD to working with guys like Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, Vader, Sting, Arn Anderson, and Steve Austin.

She's probably thinking 'That won't happen to me. Hunter told me it won't' And Emma is in the background shaking her head. Or even Paige.

Fox318

Important context for his tweet-

He's throwing shade at the Red and Blue M&Ms, not justifying the current state of affairs.

But everyone knows that they are two completely different booking styles and production teams.

What the fuck is Graves trying to say? The Divas get 30 seconds while HHH and NXT give the Women of NXT 20 minutes on a PPV.

Natty is a talented as fuck wrestler and she has been reduced as a human shield for Tyson Kidd.

Why does somebody like Rosa Mendez have a job? She can't wrestle, she can't talk, she can't even be part of a Fandango skit.

She gets a main roster spot and presumably higher pay while somebody like Sasha Banks is on a developmental deal.

But that is what people are talking about.

They are talking about how the Divas are being mistreated when compared to the WOMEN of NXT.

Alucard

Banned
Just watched Naomi beat Natalya with a small package on Main Event from 2 weeks ago or so. Rollups and small packages are the most effective finishers in women's matches.

kirblar

NXT isn't just a training ground for the wrestlers. It's a training ground for when Steph/HHH inherit the entire operation.

Anth0ny

I feel like it probably has to do with money. Brock doesn't seem like the kind of guy to get legit pissed over bad creative. He jobbed to Cena in his first match back ffs.

pay the guy vince. as if it wasn't already going to be a shit show, could you imagine the reaction if everyone knew brock was leaving WWE going into the show? ugh.

maybe that's the only way to make roman look strong in this scenario. his opponent has to have legit heat for leaving the company the next day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just watched Naomi beat Natalya with a small package on Main Event from 2 weeks ago or so. Rollups and small packages are the most effective finishers in women's matches.

Aoki vs Kotaro Suzuki has a fantastic sequence of roll-up counters and attempts that reminded me of how roll-ups could be effective.

That is the first time in years I've thought that

Man God

Non-Canon Member

It's the Chikara Special of the women's division. Impossible to counter.

I feel like it probably has to do with money. Brock doesn't seem like the kind of guy to get legit pissed over bad creative. He jobbed to Cena in his first match back ffs.

pay the guy vince. as if it wasn't already going to be a shit show, could you imagine the reaction if everyone knew brock was leaving WWE going into the show? ugh.

maybe that's the only way to make roman look strong in this scenario. his opponent has to have legit heat for leaving the company the next day.

I smell an opportunity for them to say Reigns beat him so bad he quit the company.

It's not a thought. It's just truth. Towards the end of his career in WWF, he was pulling out the best matches of Warrior's career. His moveset was more lethal, and the cropped haircut made him look like a serious main eventer instead of a midcard heel. He went from working with guys like Warrior, Hogan, Jake, and JYD to working with guys like Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, Vader, Sting, Arn Anderson, and Steve Austin.

WCW Ric Rude is quite simply the best performer in the company for 2 years.

Also, while I like a good sax, that theme was amazing

So has there ever been someone greener than Reigns in the main event of Wrestlemania? I don't know from the top of my head.
Who are you to determine whether someone is green or not? Do you even know how to lock up?

Here's a tip: learn to stop hating your life.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mr Wonderful and Rick Rude have the best themes in the history of WCW.
After them, it's Arn Anderson. And that's a shoot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mr. Wonderful and Rude are in the extremely small group of performers in both WCW and WWF that had great themes in both companies.

Hogan and Flair are also in that group.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just wish Rude let the song go to the part about how he's sculpted like Michelangelo. I like how the singer says "Michel-ang-elo"

Rude's WCW theme has quickly become my favorite theme OF ALL TIME. Rude's WCW run made my time watching all those WCW ppvs backwards entirely worth it and he was easily the most pleasant surprise in that entire company. I knew Austin/Flair/Steamboat/Macho Man were great in WCW, I didn't know Rude was BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM.

Thorakai

I wonder how Ambrose feels right now as he looks at his direction vs Rollins and Reigns =(

He probably doesn't care. He made a shoot or something saying that people take wrestling too seriously, its suppose to be fun, and to just enjoy the ride. Same boat as Bryan in terms of just wanting to wrassle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rude's WCW theme has quickly become my favorite theme OF ALL TIME. Rude's WCW run made my time watching all those WCW ppvs backwards entirely worth it and he was easily the most pleasant surprise in that entire company. I knew Austin/Flair/Steamboat/Macho Man were great in WCW, I didn't know Rude was BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM.

His WCW run is exactly why he's my third favorite wrestler of all time. And if you want to discount promos and certain gimmicks and nostalgia, he'd probably be my favorite. Brody and Andre are just slightly closer to my heart.

He probably doesn't care. He made a shoot or something saying that people take wrestling too seriously, its suppose to be fun, and to just enjoy the ride. Same boat as Bryan in terms of just wanting to wrassle.

If that was the case, he wouldn't have minded putting over that young up and comer Jawn Cena when the Shield was still together.

Alucard

Banned
Aoki vs Kotaro Suzuki has a fantastic sequence of roll-up counters and attempts that reminded me of how roll-ups could be effective.

That is the first time in years I've thought that

Dude, hook me up with the best joshi match you've seen this year so far?

To an extent I suppose that's true, but what a wrestler says publicly isn't always the whole story. I doubt he isn't all "aw shucks I'm just happy to be here". I'm sure he's been told he will be featured prominently in the future

UberTag

The cynic in me wants to think that Brock doesn't actually want to go back to MMA because he's enjoying the easy life but planned to let the WWE believe he wanted to so he could leverage another cake extension to his contract or one possibly even better than the deal he has now... and the WWE is calling his bluff.

This is definitely about money and not creative.

Vylash

god DAMN, don't hurt her, AJ

AJ we were so close to having you back so that we could have real programs with Paige

excuse me, but AJ and Paige have worked through their differences and have become true #frenemies, there's no reason for these 2 women to lock up inside of the squared circle

That Fastlane match was hot garbage.

it was a good match if you're not blinded by irrational bella hate

I know it was tried before and Hogan fucked up but with the exception of Cena, Rusev, Reigns, and maybe Rollins creative has fucked up on everyone and they force them to work with unsafe wrestlers like Big Show, Kane, and Swagger.

i don't know why Kane's in here, he's one of the safest workers in the company, there's a reason why everyone likes working with him

First thing they need to do is stop calling them fucking divas. They're wrestlers, or if you must, superstars.

NXT simply refers to them as women, which is perfectly fine

Bring back the Woman's Championship!

WWFWM95.jpg

what the hell is this? are you sure it's a belt for girly girls? i don't see any butterflies or anything

I'd like to note that WrassleGAF needed a hashtag to take a break from objectifying women.

i'm sure DMczaf will be in here to post some slow motions gifs soon

Watching Taichi vs Zack Sabre Jr. on ye Olde Xbox one. All this talk of epic theme songs leads me to the atrocity that is ZSJR and his awful Noah theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom