• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Data, as someone who missed pretty much ALL of WCW, could I in theory go back and watch the pre nitro ppvs and get a good idea of what was good about it? Or am I missing something by not being to see the programs like WCW Saturday Night and WCW pro etc?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I personally had no problems watching them all...but I did it backwards. Which sometimes lead to weird spoilers. WCW/NWA ppvs largely make sense in that period all on their own. Just don't skip the Clash of Champions, which I did.

Data, as someone who missed pretty much ALL of WCW, could I in theory go back and watch the pre nitro ppvs and get a good idea of what was good about it? Or am I missing something by not being to see the programs like WCW Saturday Night and WCW pro etc?

Early 90s WCW is a mixed bag but the top of the card is solid as fuck. Defiantly worth going back. And Bette than WWF at the time. Don't forget the clash of the champions as well!.

Just be wearing if some dusty shit like battlebowl or chamber of horrors

Vader,flair, sting , arn rude ,Austin , pillman, steamboat, muta. Some damn good stuff

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
O5dw15P.png

cvpyGiu.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MR BANG BANG HES AS STRANGE AS A MAN CAN BE! HE AINT GOT NO FAMILY!

Terry Funk in NWA/WCW early years
vs
Chainsaw Charlie

No contest that WCW wins.
Dude, hook me up with the best joshi match you've seen this year so far?

Hikaru Shida vs Arisa Nakajima

You should try to track down as much Saturday Night and Pro Wrestling as you can because they used that time to have a bunch of dream matches without being tied to the main feuds.

Like Steve Austin vs Scott Steiner.

Dustin Rhodes vs Rick Rude
Kensuke Sasaki vs Rick Rude
Steve Austin vs Ricky Steamboat
Vader vs Ricky Steamboat
The Steiners vs Arn Anderson & Steve Austin

Saturday Night was fucking incredible.

bonus worldwide match

Miracle Violence Connection(Williams & Gordy) vs The Steiners

Welp, I guess along with the WWF during the Attitude era I'm pretty much going to track down a bunch of WCW

If only there was some over the top. Network that could all of WCW Saturday night. Someone should get on that

I no joke find an archive of every RAW and associated PPV that aired from 97 to 2001 and yet can't find the same for wcw

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The order of shows I most want on the Network.

Thunder, for perverse pleasure.
WCW Saturday Night
Shotgun Saturday Night
WWF Primetime
WWF All American

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd sub to Network if they had full runs of Saturday Night, Worldwide, Prime time Wrestling, Tuesday Night Titans and WCW Pro Wrestling.

I've seen every episode of Pro Wrestling because someone out there archived it, but I'd like to see it in better quality.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I liked the personal, smaller atmosphere of Pro Wrestling, Saturday, the Disney tapes, etc.

makes me sound like a hypocrite because of what I've said about indies, but indies are always so dimly lit. WCCW had a similar issue. Saturday Night, Pro Wrestling, and Worldwide was bright and looked like tv set recording studio(imagine that) which I liked. Looked like an attraction on a theme park or like you were going in to watch Double Dare. Leave the big arenas for the big cards. Even the NJPW smaller arenas just look like gyms.

somedevil

Well Going by the Smackdown Spoilers Wrestlemania right now looks like this:

Reigns vs Lesnar
Triple H vs Sting
Bray vs Undertaker
Orton vs Rollins
Rusev vs Cena
IC match that might be a
ladder match
Stardust vs Goldust
Tag Title match
Diva match
Battle Royal

One will be a preshow match though and can they fit all that on one show?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Clashes were basically Raw Super Shows, but good.

Free PPV quality matches that usually stomped whatever WWF was putting on.

Reigns vs Lesnar
Triple H vs Sting
Orton vs Rollins
Rusev vs Cena
IC match that might be a
ladder match
Stardust vs Goldust
Tag Title match
Diva match
Battle Royal

One will be a preshow match though
Probably tag title, right?

Fox318

Reigns vs Lesnar
Triple H vs Sting
Bray vs Undertaker
Orton vs Rollins
Rusev vs Cena
IC match that might be a
ladder match
Stardust vs Goldust
Tag Title match
Diva match
Battle Royal

One will be a preshow match though and can they fit all that on one show?
Its a joke that in a SF mania that Bryan doesn't have a prominent match.

RP912

Banned
I know I say this shit from time after time but I really miss WCW. Imagine a revamped WCW doing shows with NJPW in 2015.

Alucard

Banned
Ugh. I can't stand how freaking slow Dailymotion is for some videos. Just chugs along and slows everything down. This laptop is only 3 months old, dammit. Vids shouldn't be moving this slowly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Both are people speaking for others from a point of privilege.
They still seem pretty different to me, except I should feel bad about both. Graves' statements, to me, sounded like "yeah keep watching NXT is doing it right and change is coming" - that's what I took from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom