• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

What does it say about your product that Gail Kim willingly took a huge pay cut to go work for TNA? Or that she left the ring in the middle of a match and no one noticed?

Vince and the WWE have a reputation of acquiring talent only to keep them down.

I think Tazz is the ultimate example. Dude was over as fuck in ECW and he was jobbing to HHH as soon as he got to the WWE.

I think Vince believes in only truly pushed one or two stars because then he only has to pay one or two stars.

What does it say about your product that Gail Kim willingly took a huge pay cut to go work for TNA? Or that she left the ring in the middle of a match and no one noticed?
Um, when did this happen? She just walked out of the building?

I always like Gail. She won the Women's title on her debut, right? I just remember her doing a bunch of stuff that the other women weren't doing at the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kairi needs more than 3 minute matches when she wins the WWE Womens Title with the best elbow in the game, ohh yeah
tumblr_nk7idmXbAJ1qb1gqyo1_540.jpg

I always like Gail. She won the Women's title on her debut, right? I just remember her doing a bunch of stuff that the other women weren't doing at the time.

http://youtu.be/oCoFCSISuEI?t=42s

Left side. Watch Gail. Eliminates herself. She also talked about how backstage mixed her up with Angela Fong because the WWE is ran by ignorance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

She ducked out in like 6 seconds

It was a battle royal. She eliminated herself and no one noticed. Soon after she left the company and went back to TNA.

Zach

I am the ultimate Rick Rude WCW theme fan.

Do you have the shirt? Do you have the song stuck in your head all the time? Do you play it on YouTube while you're brushing your teeth in the morning or packing your son's lunch?

I didn't think so.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

It was a battle royale and she was told to get eliminated early on so she just quietly slid under and no one noticed until she pointed it out sometime after quitting or before, I don't remember. Here's the match though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCoFCSISuEI

RP912

Banned
I'm watching Wrestle World 2003...I'm seriously convinced that Tiger Mask and Liger are really Highlanders because these dudes been wrestling each other since the dawn of age.

She ducked out in like 6 seconds

It was a battle royal. She eliminated herself and no one noticed. Soon after she left the company and went back to TNA.

Here, right at the start of the match

It was a battle royale and she was told to get eliminated early on so she just quietly slid under and no one noticed until she pointed it out sometime after quitting or before, I don't remember. Here's the match though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCoFCSISuEI
Damn, she hugged Natalya, swung her arms a couple of times and just slid out the ring. It was barely caught by the cameras too.

Is Tamina still injured?

While their on the subject, WWE could have signed Sexy Star but lol Ace, Score one for LU

AAA Women’s Champion Sexy Star received harsh reviews as company officials felt her work was terrible, her English was terrible and that she was overweight. They also felt she wasn’t pretty looking without her mask on. John Laurinaitis told those in FCW that when it comes to hiring female talent, the standard is if they aren’t pretty enough to appear in Playboy, then they shouldn’t be hired.

There was also that time that Michelle McCool and Melina got in trouble with management because their match was "too good" and was making the guys look bad.

While their on the subject, WWE could have signed Sexy Star but lol Ace, Score one for LU

There's a reason that Hunter took his job away from him.

Let's not act like Triple H is doing much different.

You're right. He's totally kept only hiring models that can't wrestle. Except that's not true.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Chavo and Rey got in trouble for having a match in Mexico that John Cena couldn't follow up.
You're right. He's totally kept only hiring models that can't wrestle. Except that's not true.

John Laurinaitis told those in FCW that when it comes to hiring female talent, the standard is if they aren’t pretty enough to appear in Playboy, then they shouldn’t be hired.
Sup, didn't say anything about models.

When I asked you guys whether or not I should give in to the dastardly free February network promotion, I was told to decline.

Well "suplex" all of you "jabroni marks", because, while I thought (as someone who hadn't seen a PPV since the early '90s) that Fastlane was fucked, the Monday Night Wars documentary has so far been absolutely fantastic. This series alone (which is already apparently 20 parts??) is worth the $10 I'll pay in March for Wrestlemania privileges.

Now, though, I desperately want to know if there are any other comparable programs are the network. Is it possible for me to get informed on all of wrestling history from shows like this? Apart from Fucklane, I've watched about four or five Raws over the past several months... and they have only ever been "kind of decent" at best. But the Monday Night Wars series is so excellent that I would love to be able to catch up on the entirety of wrestling history's highlights in a similar fashion, without being forced to watch hundreds of hours of filler shows and PPVs.

Also, if there's a general "What wrestling newcomers should watch on the WWE Network" guide, I'd love that too.

Sup, didn't say anything about models.

Women in Playboy are models. They are like the textbook definition of models.

When I asked you guys whether or not I should give in to the dastardly free February network promotion, I was told to decline.

Well "suplex" all of you "jabroni marks", because, while I thought (as someone who hadn't seen a PPV since the early '90s) that Fastlane was fucked, the Monday Night Wars documentary has so far been absolutely fantastic. This series alone (which is already apparently 20 parts??) is worth the $10 I'll pay in March for Wrestlemania privileges.

Now, though, I desperately want to know if there are any other comparable programs are the network. Is it possible for me to get informed on all of wrestling history from shows like this? Apart from Fucklane, I've watched about four or five Raws over the past several months... and they have only ever been "kind of decent" at best. But the Monday Night Wars series is so excellent that I would love to be able to catch up on the entirety of wrestling history's highlights in a similar fashion, without being forced to watch hundreds of hours of filler shows and PPVs.

Also, if there's a general "What wrestling newcomers should watch on the WWE Network" guide, I'd love that too.

Go watch all of the Legends of Wrestling roundtables. You'll learn a bunch and hear some awesome stories. I am really disappointed they haven't continued doing those.

Read that noone in creative was aware of an issue with Lesnar, so it must be a money issue. Vince and him probably began contract negotiations and he came at him with a lowball embarassing offer.

He says 'they could be models.' Not that they are. Aside from nepotism, all of the girls in NXT 'could be' playboy models.

Johnny Ace was infamous for hiring women who looked good and had nothing else going for them. He did this very very often. Hunter has done almost the opposite. He's hired women who have things going for them (wrestling ability, charisma, athleticism, etc.) while also being good looking. Those two things aren't the same.

Zach

Favorite Rick Rude Feud?

Mines is his feud with Flair. Honorable mention...Sting.

I'll give it to Sting just for the kid in me. One of my strongest and fondest memories of wrestling is Sting stealing that ambulance to storm back to the arena to face Rude for the United States title at Clash XVII. So great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom