• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing? C'mooonnn.

And that reminds me of Ricky Steamboat's name being Ric(k) Blood.

"Okay, Ricky, you want to be a wrestler, huh? What's your last name?"

"Blood."

"Wow! That's pretty bad-a. Buuut, we're gonna go with Steamboat instead, kid."
"Could be worse. We could of called him Ricky Zuela"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's a shame Taz never wrestled Hayabusa or Masato Tanaka. That might have been something ECW related that I would have liked to seen.
tumblr_ni319893BA1sdqajoo2_400.gif

I never really noticed it because he wore jeans in TNA, but Wes Brisco has an AWFUL case of Wrestler Tattoos on his legs

What's up with all these NWA guys being mediocre/bad. Rob Conway is somehow the best one they have, and he's still not great
Him and Kazuki Hashimoto should make a tag team called Disappointment.

Yep he's still bad

Another "insider" posted this on Reddit. Mods haven't verified the guy yet, so obviously take this with a huge grain of salt, but IF this is true.... holy shit.

Here is the full story from what I have been told from a very reliable source.

First, Brock Lesnar was not expected to put over Roman Reigns on the microphone nor was he expected to be part of the segment that featured Daniel Bryan and Paul Heyman putting Reigns over. Rather, Lesnar was expected to be a part of the main event. Lesnar's walkout occurred in the hour or so following the Bryan-Heyman-Reigns segment. It is this reason why literally nothing of particular note to Reigns occurred in the main event aside from the Bryan tag-in which the commentators quickly put over as a bit of retaliation of what happened pre-Fast Lane now that they're all buddy buddy (Bryan-Reigns).

Daniel Bryan was made aware of the situation before he cut his promo. Before Bryan did the professional thing that was required of him, putting Reigns over, you can clearly see much more intensity in the promo. That was the makings of a very good promo. It was also cut straight from the hip from a guy who feels legitimately robbed of his main event status at Wrestlemania for the chosen one who really fucked up in a pretty big way.

Reigns failed the WWE's drug testing policy. The higher ups in the WWE were made aware of Reigns's failure early Monday morning.

Clearly all involved are very disappointed in Reigns. It has brought back discussion of Jeff Hardy's drug test failure prior to Wrestlemania XXIV where it was highly likely that he was to win his first championship (which was delayed until Armageddon in December). Many feel that Reigns should be forced to forfeit his position at Wrestlemania and take the suspension. However, Vince McMahon is backing "his boy" and made the decision not to suspend him as there is more than 30-days to go before Wrestlemania.

However, given the current situation in the UFC with the steroids controversy, Brock Lesnar is beyond infuriated with that decision. His legitimate fear is that should he choose to return to the UFC, quite likely given the money that Dana is offering, his Wrestlemania main event status against Roman Reigns links him directly to failed drugs tests in the media. It's a guilty by association issue for Brock and a perfectly understandable one.

Lesnar has demanded that Reigns be replaced preferably with Daniel Bryan or John Cena, both of whom he is happy to put over given their popularity. Lesnar does not particularly care if the much smaller Bryan were to defeat him - it's a non-issue due to the known 'scripted' nature of professional wrestling - as it wont effect his UFC reputation. Again, Vince McMahon has said that Reigns would not be replaced in the main event of Wrestlemania. Lesnar walked out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only way I could drown out Rick Rude's theme was with Doobie Brothers. And now I can't get Doobie Brothers out of my head.

HOLY FUCK @ that rumor going around that reigns failed his drug test

legit angry now

fuck vince, piece of shit

could of put bryan over at fastlane

what a trainwreck of a push. when will vince have a heart attack and retire?

HOLY FUCK @ that rumor going around that reigns failed his drug test

legit angry now

fuck vince, piece of shit

could of put bryan over at fastlane

what a trainwreck of a push. when will vince have a heart attack and retire?

Keep in mind this is a rather thin rumor at the moment. But if it is to be believed, then they found out about the failed test on Monday morning. So in theory it would have been too late to put Bryan over.

scabro

is the source of this Reigns shit literally just Reddit?

are you motherfuckers serious?

Not a few a few pages back you had a wrestling forum take Mark Frenlen's investigative journalism to heart, and now youre believing reddit rumors?

One thing that doesn't make sense to me, other than the obvious of why Lesnar would care, is why WWE would even be testing Reigns right now. If Vince was so determined to go with him no matter what, why would he risk that on a test he doesn't have to give him?

is the source of this Reigns shit literally just Reddit?

are you motherfuckers serious?

Not a few a few pages back you had a wrestling forum take Mark Frenlen's investigative journalism to heart, and now youre believing reddit rumors?

No one is saying it is true. It is speculation and it is being treated as such. Calm down.

IF Reigns failed a drugs test I still dont see Vince giving a fuck.

Also you dont book a entire RAW around ball polishing someone who is about to get suspended.

I mean they LITERALLY had someone come out and say Reigns is better then Bruno, Austin, Hogan and Rock. They had Brian pull that BS promo about him having "heart".

Thats not what you do to someone who you are about to punish.

But if true then here is the final nail in the wellness policy I guess.

One thing that doesn't make sense to me, other than the obvious of why Lesnar would care, is why WWE would even be testing Reigns right now. If Vince was so determined to go with him no matter what, why would he risk that on a test he doesn't have to give him?

Vince is a fan of russian roulette

i wanna belee dat reigns rumor though :(

i want to have a legitimate excuse to laugh at this idiot

crossing my fingers harder than the night before a potential snow day

i'm shooting hard now

Also you dont book a entire RAW around ball polishing someone who is about to get suspended.

I mean they LITERALLY had someone come out and say Reigns is better then Bruno, Austin, Hogan and Rock. They had Brian pull that BS promo about him having "heart".

In theory that's the crux of the story. Vince absolutely does not want to suspend him. But then again, he wasn't on Smackdown other than a promo. It's more than likely bullshit, but who knows. We'll know one way or another soon enough.

But if true then here is the final nail in the wellness policy I guess.

yeah but where does that put brock in all of this? what if he refuses to put over reigns at WM31?

brcok could politic daniel bryan into the main event stilL!!!!

Vylash

i wanna belee dat reigns rumor though :(

i want to have a legitimate excuse to laugh at this idiot

crossing my fingers harder than the night before a potential snow day

i'm shooting hard now

agreed, i don't like Reigns as a performer so i'm crossing my fingers that he does drugs

sit down, mark

I watched a Rene Dupree (in 2015) match, because I guess i can't get enough of shitty wrestler tats, against Davey Boy Smith Jr. from some local Canada indie and it ended in a DQ after like 15 minutes. A shame, since there was a few minutes of decent match in there

Another "insider" posted this on Reddit. Mods haven't verified the guy yet, so obviously take this with a huge grain of salt, but IF this is true.... holy shit.

I was believing it fine until the halfway point. Lmao.

No one is saying it is true. It is speculation and it is being treated as such. Calm down.

We have at least one homeboy over here who's desperately buying into it

If it is true he failed a test then I hope the story gains a bunch of traction.

its kind of clear that the post Benoit wellness stuff has fallen away slowly over the years so I would just love more confirmation.

Also... weird timing with the Punk lawsuit huh? Being days apart you would think WWE was trying to shut someone up.

I want to to believe that rumor. But it's faker than Steph's tits brahs. Reigns gonna ruin Mania like Michael McDonald ruined the Doobie Brothers.
Michael McDonald fan though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom