• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

All this talk of Zodiac and the Booty Man...

tumblr_lx55cyfg2H1qmsnljo1_500.gif

Lol, you jackasses making fun of Meltzer for being conservative with his news (or lack of it), then losing your shit over freaking wreddit rumours. Pls, WrassleGAF.

Boots.

Can you tell me why THIS guy
images

has so many young females screaming for him?

Nope. Like most things about Numazawa, such as why he's booked and how he managed to attain legend status anyway, it's a complete mystery to me.

Radec

I hope the Brock backstage thing is true and he refused to be beaten by that Reigns guy at mania and joins the Kiss My Ass Club like Bryan did.

I just wanted to point out that the post of Heather Locklear in a police uniform was not from CHiPs, but TJ Hooker.

The only CHiPs-era Locklear would have been her guest shot as a runaway 1,000 year-old demon.

Alucard

Banned
It's time to put up or shut up.

I like the idea of those complaining about WWE to stop watching and instead take up one or all major indie promotions for a year should Reigns win, if they don't already do that.

And if Lesnar wins then they have to stick with WWE for the rest of the year. Problem is they will do this regardless win or lose.

Alucard is a special case for certain. So I just straight up challenge him to give up everything wrestling related for a year, right here, right now, on this very day.

What's to stop him from just continuing to watch and not post about it?

even better, i want Alucard to keep up with a different sport, i want weekly cricket reviews

Because he's Alucard.

Not gonna do it. I'm gonna need pro wrestling and you assholes to help keep me sane for at least the first year with a newborn and a toddler around the house in under two months.

Lol, I keep seeing people shitting on new fans of NJPW for knowing nothing about puro before 2012, or insisting that New Japan isn't "real puro". I guess simply being a fan of Japanese wrestling isn't niche enough these days, so people feel they have to segregate the community further.

He is pro wrestling's Bill Bailey.

I never noticed that before! the hairline is identical.

Alucard

Banned
Lol, I keep seeing people shitting on new fans of NJPW for knowing nothing about puro before 2012, or insisting that New Japan isn't "real puro". I guess simply being a fan of Japanese wrestling isn't niche enough these days, so people feel they have to segregate the community further.

Pro wrestling elitists are the best. It's pro wrestling. Come on, guys. The general public already has a shitty perception of us. No need for the infighting and snobbery. Don't act like the king of our shitty mountain.

#selfloathing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
funny thing is most those types got into puro by watching kenta kobashi music videos on youtube and shit. not like actually watching matches when it meant something to track down ajpw and njpw tapes.

As someone from New Zealand I have to laugh at The Bushwhackers stuff, didgeridoo sounds, all the 'they came from the outback' comments.... you do know New Zealand isn't Australia right?

Right??

Oh I forget who I'm talking about here, old man out of touch has no clue, news at 11.

Who is inducting them? Emma?? :|

It will be Jamison.

Morning GAF... feels good to be free of the Breeze. Sadly I appear to have misplaced Bryan-face and Hogan-face.

So, NXT tonight then?

* Finn Balor vs. a returning WWE star
* Hideo Itami vs. Bull Dempsey
* Lucha Dragons vs. Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger
* Baron Corbin vs. Tye Dillinger
* Bayley vs. Becky Lynch

funny thing is most those types got into puro by watching kenta kobashi music videos on youtube and shit. not like actually watching matches when it meant something to track down ajpw and njpw tapes.

I'm certain that most from the tape trading era would surely be glad to see so many people becoming fans of Japanese wrestling these days, whereas the 2000's lot, who likely only learned of Japanese wrestling from an ROH show, seem aggrieved that their special little club's being invaded.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I never noticed that before! the hairline is identical.
are you referring to here? I think we do a pretty good job keeping new NJPW fans up to date with olderr archival footage and important historic matches, and share a real enthusiasm for it. :/

As someone from New Zealand I have to laugh at The Bushwhackers stuff, didgeridoo sounds, all the 'they came from the outback' comments.... you do know New Zealand isn't Australia right?

Right??

Oh I forget who I'm talking about here, old man out of touch has no clue, news at 11.

Not sure I follow. New Zealand is basically owned by Austrailia, Aus has done a ton of favors for their little satellite island. Should probably own NZ if not annex them. NZ culture is almost nonexistent so you may as well lump the two together.

are you referring to here? I think we do a pretty good job keeping new NJPW fans up to date with olderr archival footage and important historic matches, and share a real enthusiasm for it. :/

Not referring to anyone on GAF, we're awesome. It's just a bunch of asshats on twitter and a growing elitist trend I've noticed since WK9 got so much attention.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kidding, friends. I had a NZ friend and the quickest way to piss him off was to pretend there's no difference between austrailia and NZ. Hoh hoh hoh!

Hasney

Pretty sure it was in the past tense due to all the Crocodile Dundee references you were throwing at them as well. Outrageous!

Fox318

I once heard somebody say this to a New Zealander:

"What's the only difference between New Zealand and Australia?

New Zealand sucks at cricket."

3 men had to hold him back from wringing the dudes neck.

Alucard

Banned
People should be happy that NJPW is growing its fanbase. I only started following when NJPW World came out because it's chronological and easy to see the order of the latest events. I no longer feel lost and like I'm hunting down this rare thing that requires extra effort to keep up with. After 3 months of shows, I feel relatively familiar with the wrestlers and feuds, and it's now like following any other promotion, except easier since you're usually committed to fewer viewing hours total per month.

See, that shit is dumb. I remember watching the NOAH Destiny show from the Dome in 2005, and not being able to talk to a damn soul about it. Talking about the G1 Climax (in I think 09) just got me goofy stares from my buds.

I'm pleased as punch that NJPW is making in roads, because it means more people can enjoy the awesome product

i only exclusively watch chinese wrestling from now on

I've actually seen Chinese wrestling! IAMHIPSTERMAN

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I once heard somebody say this to a New Zealander:

"What's the only difference between New Zealand and Australia?

New Zealand sucks at cricket."

3 men had to hold him back from wringing the dudes neck.

I'll remember this. Thank you.

Gonzalez

Banned

Sounds like the SSS community in 2015.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
RUMOR:

The informant states that Lesnar was never scheduled to be involved with the Reigns segment that happened with Daniel Bryan and Paul Heyman. Instead, the plan was for Lesnar to take part at the end of the show, confronting Reigns at the end of the main event tag match.
However, during Raw, Brock Lesnar learned that Roman Reigns had failed a drug test.
WWE officials were made aware of the drug test failure on Monday morning. Vince McMahon made the decision not to suspend Reigns, which is what upset Brock and caused him to walk out on Raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom