• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

It's a wrestling thread, there are no new, young, wrestling fans.

Didn't they do some stat that more old people than young people watch it these days? You figure Golden Era has the peak in pre-teen fans, while attitude era peaked with the 18-25 or whatever.

I'm sure they still attract them in that age group but not at the levels as before. Now it's mostly people who grew up with it that didn't quit.

Kind of like Nintendo.

Alucard

Banned
KhstLAS.gif

Just a reminder that Joe can still be great.

Was this from his first booking after leaving TNA? Has he wrestled yet since leaving?

Was this from his first booking after leaving TNA? Has he wrestled yet since leaving?

Nah, the gif was from his match in PROGRESS last September, which TNA kindly allowed to be released on the DVD. They also let him wrestle at JAPW's 18th Anniversary show last November, but he hasn't wrestled anywhere since the Impact taping in London last month.

Patryn

Yoshiko has been suspended indefinitely. Also stripped of the World of STARDOM Title.

http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/womens_prores/371114/

Also, Rossy Ogawa (owner), Fuka Kakimoto (General Manager/Booker) and Nanae Takahashi (Player Representative) are self-punishing themselves - they're all taking a 30% pay cut for three months.

Ok, I get the basic gist of what happened, but I think I missed the initial discussion when this happened. I've been reading your thoughts on some of the aftermath, but can someone just give a quick full rundown of the situation? Did Yoshiko go into business for herself? Was it all planned (although why a beating that savage would be planned is beyond me)?

Anyone?

Alucard

Banned
Nah, the gif was from his match in PROGRESS last September, which TNA kindly allowed to be released on the DVD. They also let him wrestle at JAPW's 18th Anniversary show last November, but he hasn't wrestled anywhere since the Impact taping in London last month.

Cool. I've seen him have good matches in TNA in 2014, so I'm not surprised. Looking forward to seeing him wrestle 15-20 minute matches in ROH.

jmdajr

So, is it happy almost 40th birthday to you? If so, happy early birthday. 40+ ain't so bad.

in 2 half years I will be.

I think most people don't feel like complete shit until they hit mid 60s. At least that's what my folks told me. Once they hit that age just can't do normal stuff like you used to.

dream

Ok, I get the basic gist of what happened, but I think I missed the initial discussion when this happened. I've been reading your thoughts on some of the aftermath, but can someone just give a quick full rundown of the situation? Did Yoshiko go into business for herself? Was it all planned (although why a beating that savage would be planned is beyond me)?

Anyone?

Well, the only way a stiff work will be convincing is if it's actually stiff enough to look like a shoot. Think of Mick Foley bumping off of the cage, or RKO going into thumbtacks. Why would anyone subject themselves to that? Because you have to sell the angle. Act loves pro wrestling so much that she's willing to take a beating to sell the angle, knowing that the payoff will come in the rematch. Which I hope will be contested in a no-ropes barbed wire match.

I started watching random Ring Ka King episodes and I find it hilarious when the American wrestlers pretend to understand what the Indian authority figure says. In the last episode I just watched there is a scene where he's giving his team a pep talk and Chavo just nods while looking mildly confused and Matt Morgan yells "yeah" or "hell yeah" after every sentence.

jmdajr

lol, damn.

This leads me to think of a question. How many wrestlers have had top careers after the age of 40? Seems like it could be a lot. Flair, Hogan, HHH, Nash, maybe Sting?

Staying hot at 40 is gonna be much harder now with dudes doing far more flippy shit than before.

Too many retired or dead to get big at that age.

I think we will get less dead going forward but more "the MRI shows I have to retire."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I started watching random Ring Ka King episodes and I find it hilarious when the American wrestlers pretend to understand what the Indian authority figure says. In the last episode I just watched there is a scene where he's giving his team a pep talk and Chavo just nods while looking mildly confused and Matt Morgan yells "yeah" or "hell yeah" after every sentence.

Hell yeah. I loved Ring Ka King's Jazzy Lahoria. Dude had the LOOK.

o4p0evz.jpg

A look like that can get over huge in Lucha Underground, friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol, damn.

This leads me to think of a question. How many wrestlers have had top careers after the age of 40? Seems like it could be a lot. Flair, Hogan, HHH, Nash, maybe Sting?

Bateaster. Negro Casas.

jmdajr

Damn, I dunno how I didn't think of DDP & Taker.

See kids, when you get older your memory slips.

But there isn't that many.

Would you say Big Show and Kane have top careers? Mark Henry? Jericho? R-Truth? Rock? Batista?

HHH is still relevant for sure.

Sephzilla

Would you say Big Show and Kane have top careers? Jericho? Rock? Batista?

I could make an argument against Batista simply because he left the company not long after turning 40. If you ask me Jericho stopped being relevant before he hit 40.

jmdajr

I could make an argument against Batista simply because he left the company not long after turning 40. If you ask me Jericho stopped being relevant before he hit 40.

Yeah guess you have to decide what relevant is. Like the Rock is relevant even though doesn't wrestle.

Scottify

Would you say Big Show and Kane have top careers? Mark Henry? Jericho? R-Truth? Rock? Batista?

I would say yes to Big Show & Kane. They're still involved with a lot of the top stars, whether that's a good or bad thing is debatable. Maybe Rock, Batista & Jericho in mediums other than wrestling. Rock is top for sure, less so the other two.

Recall

the WWE network has ran like hot garbage for I for over a month, anyone less with weird freezing issues while try to watch the archived stuff?

45 gb down speed internet. issues on pc, ps4, ps3, ipad and iphone. every 2 mins, it stops, then carries on. its like the dynamic resoltion they use isnt doing anything, just freezing the stream :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
the WWE network has ran like hot garbage for I for over a month, anyone less with weird freezing issues while try to watch the archived stuff?

45 gb down speed internet. issues on pc, ps4, ps3, ipad and iphone. every 2 mins, it stops, then carries on. its like the dynamic resoltion they use isnt doing anything, just freezing the stream :/

no problems at all for me

It freezes on the PS3, and 4, and 'continue watching' has been broken since I signed up.

Bandini

I use it on PCs in Firefox and that seems to work the best for me. Using it on Xbox/PS3 resulted in tons of issues, especially during PPVs.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

My problem is with the live streams, especially on the XB1 app. Constant crashing, buffering, freezing, skipping, almost always 30-45 seconds behind what's going on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, how the hell am I doing ok? I have no issues in any of my browsers or off of my Bone, or phone, or ipad. Fuck, I'm a lucky dude.

The no.1 thing that should've tipped everyone off to that rumour being shit was the "Lesnar has demanded that [thing fans really want] happens" line.

Man, how the hell am I doing ok? I have no issues in any of my browsers or off of my Bone, or phone, or ipad. Fuck, I'm a lucky dude.

I updated Chrome and the network stopped working, for some reason. Works in other chromium browsers like Vivaldi, though. I mostly just play it through the PS4 app, works perfectly for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The no.1 thing that should've tipped everyone off to that rumour being shit was the "Lesnar has demanded that [thing fans really want] happens" line.

I updated Chrome and the network stopped working, for some reason. Works in other chromium browsers like Vivaldi, though. I mostly just play it through the PS4 app, works perfectly for me.

Oh! If you go Incognito mode you'll be fine. Requires a login, but I had that issue once with Chrome. Eventually I fucked up and nuked my history and saved google sign-on and it fixed itself, but that kind of nuking will fix anything.

Hopefully that rumour grabs some more attention and WWE respond one way or another.

If its a baseless rumour one would think after it gets on a few more sites WWE would just issue a quick statement saying its bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom