• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I hope it's good, but I can wait for that.

Batman AK better deliver too. I keep forgetting that game.

I have played that as well. Fun but do not expect it to change the formula up too much. The game was in pretty rough shape back then, so I wasn't too shocked when they announced the delay.

Marvel

could never
I have played that as well. Fun but do not expect it to change the formula up too much. The game was in pretty rough shape back then, so I wasn't too shocked when they announced the delay.

Fine with that, I dig their Bats games and the combat how they are.

I was OK with the delay, don't want another fucked up half-assed title dropping through my letterbox. Delays are good.

Sephzilla

I'm excited for Arkham Knight but I'm keeping my expectations pretty low for it. I'm not expecting them to advance the gameplay much at all and I'm keeping my story expectations way low (mostly because the first two Arkham games' stories take massive stinking shits in the final act)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not letting hype blind me to anything. I try to resist advertising, because I can't trust it. Impressions "from gaf" is worthless to me too, because a lot of those people are touched by advertising to an insane degree. I just gotta go with who I know, why they do like it or don't, and see how that works for me and what I like and don't.

Really tempted to grab Besiege though...

imBask

Banned
I'm not letting hype blind me to anything. I try to resist advertising, because I can't trust it. Impressions "from gaf" is worthless to me too, because a lot of those people are touched by advertising to an insane degree. I just gotta go with who I know, why they do like it or don't, and see how that works for me and what I like and don't.

is there anything more than "build weird shit" in this game? is there like an objective or a progression?

Xater

Besiege looks great but it needs more content for me before I pick it up.

Marvel

could never
Marvel is straight?

pYWf9Ti.gif

Right down the middle, friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
is there anything more than "build weird shit" in this game? is there like an objective or a progression?

Not really that I can tell -e xcept to destroy or kill more. It's like $6 though so fuck it.

Besiege looks great but it needs more content for me before I pick it up.

I think it's still early access, which bodes well for the more content. Again though, $6? I've eaten $6 and felt unsatisfied plenty of times. This should be a no-brainer for me

Heroman

Banned
Needing to swing around Link's sword like a doofus in Skyward Sword when you could just map sword swings to a right analog stick and achieve the exact same end destination. Needing to use the Wii-U tablet in order to fucking aim an Arwing in Star Fox (though as others have mentioned this might be optional, thank Christ). Stupid annoying little shit like needing the tablet in order to advance in a handful of Mario 3D World games because you need to touch something in order to move a platform.
To each his own I guess, I loved the motion controls in SS they were the best part of that game and i got know problem with 3d works touch levels. And are those really miyamoto gimmcks?

Plenty of games to anticipate this year but I'm not fuelled by hype for anything in particular which is probably a good thing.
I suppose regarding the near future I'm hoping for great things from Ori and the Blind Forest, though I'll have to wait for its 360 version to drop anyway so that's still a ways away from me right now.

Impressions from Gaf can be great when you know the right posters to pay attention to or the ones that you know share similar tastes to you even in the events of agreeing and disagreeing.

Xater

I think it's still early access, which bodes well for the more content. Again though, $6? I've eaten $6 and felt unsatisfied plenty of times. This should be a no-brainer for me

it is and they said it's so cheap right now because they don't have much stuff in it yet. BTW this is a great way to do Early Acess imo. Still I rather wait how it shakes out in the end I think. I have no problem paying them full price when the end product is out and great.

Rapstah

NXT was weird in a pretty good way. I hope Solomon Crowe is all right at talking and in-ring, because his look is pretty unique.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As long as it's not as dreadful as Dead Souls (which isn't particularly likely). Is it a good step forward from the previous games? Starting to get sick of Kamurocho.

Dead Souls is the exception rather than the norm. The DMC 2. This is the one where they added a ton of new loctions. I think they said it's 5 times as big as 4? Something like that.

Skikkiks

Shit I'm looking forward to this year off the top of my head:

Just Cause 3 (hopefully unlimited C4 makes the "complete side content to unlock story missions" less of a grind)
Drift Stage (kickstarted it after playing the one track time attack demo for a half hour. Feels so gud)
A Hat in Time (3D platformers are fun, hopefully this releases soon)
Ori and the Blind Forest (only seen the shit from Microsoft's e3 presser, hope it's gud)
J Stars Victory Versus (Bobobo is in it. He is the best anime.)
Cuphead (so gud)

Also Hand of Fate looked gud from a stream I watched. Might pick it up soon.

It looks like the documentary on Destruction of The Shield is just a repackaged/extended cut of the Journey to Summerslam Special.

somethingsomethingcarnies

Dead Souls is the exception rather than the norm. The DMC 2. This is the one where they added a ton of new loctions. I think they said it's 5 times as big as 4? Something like that.

Yeah, I know that Dead Souls was a spinoff but goddamn, considering they also made Binary Domain, the shooting controls were complete ass. Playing as Majima would've been awesome in a traditional Yakuza game (though if Zero comes to the West, that'll no longer be an issue).

New locations is good. Kamurocho is completely played out now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I know that Dead Souls was a spinoff but goddamn, considering they also made Binary Domain, the shooting controls were complete ass. Playing as Majima would've been awesome in a traditional Yakuza game (though if Zero comes to the West, that'll no longer be an issue).

New locations is good. Kamurocho is completely played out now.
Eh, 0 is going to be in Kamurocho. 80s Kamurocho, but it's not exactly that different looking going by the screenshots and videos.

I kind of enjoy the fact that I know where everything is in that world though. Like I'll always know where the cafe is, where the tower is, where the 'italian cafe' is. Got a lot of personality. I'd rather lose Kiryu before Kamurocho.

Do computer hackers even exist anymore? Crowe should be a lifehacker gimmick who finds unconventional ways to use household objects to simplify his life. But of course the frauds who run this shit can't do anything current

Alucard

Banned
3D Zelda hate in 2015? You're out of touch, Vince.

Legend_of_Zelda,_The_-_Ocarina_of_Time_(Hi-Res_Graphics)-1.jpg

This game was majestic. And I've loved the few hours I've played of Skyward Sword. Still no experience with Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. I'll likely play both at some point, as I've typically been a mark for past Zeldas.

Do computer hackers even exist anymore? Crowe should be a lifehacker gimmick who finds unconventional ways to use household objects to simplify his life. But of course the frauds who run this shit can't do anything current
He should just ride the wave of success from Michael Mann's Blackhat.

Heroman

Banned
3D Zelda hate in 2015? You're out of touch, Vince.

Legend_of_Zelda,_The_-_Ocarina_of_Time_(Hi-Res_Graphics)-1.jpg

This game was majestic. And I've loved the few hours I've played of Skyward Sword. Still no experience with Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. I'll likely play both at some point, as I've typically been a mark for past Zeldas.
Wind waker and twilight princess are fantastic and play more of Ss , some of the stuff later in the game is fucking crazy

Xater

So which Yakuza game is good? The first one bored me to tears so i didn't play the rest.

1, 2 and 4 from the ones that got released in the west.

Is there a Rollins/Ziggler match on the card? If not, the only things worth watching will be HHH/Sting and Roman/Bryan

Is the HHH thing actually going to be a match. I am not really up to date on this stuff.

Real talk, never played Zelda.

You should change that and play at least A Link to the Past which is the best Zelda game ever created. Everyone who says something else is wrong.

Alucard

Banned
Fave Five Games of All-Time in random order:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Final Fantasy VII

Man, that was really hard. Fave Five Bonus Round:

Super Mario Galaxy
Shadow of the Colossus
Super Mario Bros. 3
Soul Calibur
Street Fighter 2: Turbo

...maybe. I dunno.

Eh, 0 is going to be in Kamurocho. 80s Kamurocho, but it's not exactly that different looking going by the screenshots and videos.

I kind of enjoy the fact that I know where everything is in that world though. Like I'll always know where the cafe is, where the tower is, where the 'italian cafe' is. Got a lot of personality. I'd rather lose Kiryu before Kamurocho.

Kiryu's boring as fuck. Akiyama would be fine as the main protagonist.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man Sekimoto vs Batista would have been a lot of fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wind Waker is shitty. But like Prince of Persia 2008, people on here can get really blinded by art styles. While, ironically, complaining about 'graphics whores.'

Alucard

Banned
friends

i'm gonna shoot

Zelda is a majorly overrated series, very few notable entries

Disagree.

56074-Legend_of_Zelda,_The_(USA)-3.png
The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_to_the_Past_SNES_Game_Cover.jpg
The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Ocarina_of_Time_(Australia).png

These alone slay a ton of adventure games that were around during their eras.

I haven't really delved into the GB Zeldas, though I own Link's Awakening and Phantom Hourglass or whatever.

Alucard

Banned
Wind Waker is shitty. But like Prince of Persia 2008, people on here can get really blinded by art styles. While, ironically, complaining about 'graphics whores.'

I only played PoP for about 3 hours at a friend's place, but I was wowed more by the slick-looking combat and satisfying wall running than anything else. Seemed like a really fun game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom