• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Play Zelda 2 you bastards. It's amazing.

Also, I hope Bloodborne is good. It would be nice to play a great game on my PS4 for the first time.

Vylash

Wind Waker is shitty. But like Prince of Persia 2008, people on here can get really blinded by art styles. While, ironically, complaining about 'graphics whores.'

PxrC62S.gif

Xater

I only played PoP for about 3 hours at a friend's place, but I was wowed more by the slick-looking combat and satisfying wall running than anything else. Seemed like a really fun game.

The game for the most part plays itself. It's terrible.

Wind Waker is shitty. But like Prince of Persia 2008, people on here can get really blinded by art styles. While, ironically, complaining about 'graphics whores.'

Wind Waker got bogged down by the terrible boat stuff. It was still good though.

That's incredibly arrogant. Go ahead, tell me more games that I don't really like, and why I don't really like them. Obviously you know better than I do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Saejima is that dude that makes Yakuza fuckin' dope.
OpHCdrh.jpg

310k6g4.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Also, I will say that the 4-5 hours or so that I played of Skyward Sword were pretty magical. Gave me some major nostalgic vibes and just a generally happy and adventurous feeling.

It's on the docket after I finish New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Hoping I can get my wife into the multi-player on that one once I finish it, too.

Gorillaz

I'm not letting hype blind me to anything. I try to resist advertising, because I can't trust it. Impressions "from gaf" is worthless to me too, because a lot of those people are touched by advertising to an insane degree. I just gotta go with who I know, why they do like it or don't, and see how that works for me and what I like and don't.

Really tempted to grab Besiege though...

I think the only thing I'm really hyped for right now is Bloodborne.

For the obvious reasons of having the Souls team back, since Dark Souls 2 was made by a "B+" studio, but possibly because I think I'm becoming a Miyazaki mark. Can't tell.

Cagey

Banned

Truth. Case-in-point: Valkyria Chronicles, Ni No Kuni.

I overrate both games because I loved looking at them so much, and I think graphics whores are awful people who should stop being awful.

Xater

Truth. Case-in-point: Valkyria Chronicles, Ni No Kuni.

I overrate both games because I loved looking at them so much, and I think graphics whores are awful people who should stop being awful.

I think the gameplay in Valkyria Chronicles is incredible. It was such an innovative take on the strategy RPG when it came out. It's cool to see that the Mordheim game is kinda copying that. Ni No Kuni is way too simple and boring I give you that.

Alucard

Banned
The game for the most part plays itself. It's terrible.

Wind Waker got bogged down by the terrible boat stuff. It was still good though.

We really need to get away from this all-or-nothing approach to the way we value or grade things. There is more than just "awesome" or "terrible." Was there really nothing in the game you enjoyed? Some of the puzzles I played were pretty fun and exciting.

Hasney

I'll get AC:U when it hits $20.

Yakuza 5 is THE game until Yakuza 0 comes out.

Now this is the most accurate post I've seen in this thread for some goddamn time.

EDIT: only took a page for Data West to be wrong with his Zelda opinions though. WRONG I SAY.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We really need to get away from this all-or-nothing approach to the way we value or grade things. There is more than just "awesome" or "terrible." Was there really nothing in the game you enjoyed? Some of the puzzles I played were pretty fun and exciting.

A video game that plays itself with no consequences is a terrible form of interactive media.

Cagey

Banned
I think the gameplay in Valkyria Chronicles is incredible. It was such an innovative take on the strategy RPG when it came out. It's cool to see that the Mordheim game is kinda copying that. Ni No Kuni is way too simple and boring I give you that.

I love both games but I damn well know my views are skewed because of the art direction and stylizing in each game. Like I had tons of fun playing, but there were times in each game when the gameplay dragged considerably and suddenly "wait why isn't this game all that fun anymore" flashed into my brain.

Xater

Nope, I really didn't like it. I'd rather play the sequels to the original Prince of Persia re-imagining. Those were at least interesting to play, but focused a bit too much on the combat.

I have issues with games that are going for cinematic bullshit or take too much control from me without good reason. I want to play my games. So me having such an extreme reaction to PoP 2008 should not be a surprise. Oh and the ending was bullshit as well.

Man, how do you guys feel about Kotaku's yes or no system if you have a problem with me saying loved or hated in a non-review sense?

I like the general idea but dislike that a passable and great game get the same score. When I had my shitty little blog I did Not recommended/Recommended/Highly Recommended.

I don't mind scores in general but the scales that IGN and Game Informer use have pretty much poisoned that well.

I'm really not liking Majora's Mask all that much. These 3D Zelda games get off to such a slow start.

Full disclosure. The only 3D Zelda game I managed to finish was Twilight Princess. I got pretty far into OoT before losing interest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The reception of video games gets the best or worst treatment because the media itself is a massive hype machine for every single major title that comes out. From magazine ads to editorials, so when something fails to live up to expectations, it is met with the same fervency the publishers and developers put behind it. Positively or negatively.
Everyone knows OoT is the worst 3D Zelda.

OoT did something different and came up with a lot of the boss fight tropes that later Zeldas abused repeatedly.

Wind Waker did nothing except add shitty cannon segments.

Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game. Best story by far.

So do you guys think Fastlane will actually be good? Except for the main event the card looks boring.

I think most of the matches have potential. Rusev-Cena should be good. Same with Barrett-Ambrose and Usos-Cesaro/Kidd. Bryan can probably carry Reigns to something really good. And Paige-Nikki probably won't be bad.

Alucard

Banned
A video game that plays itself with no consequences is a terrible form of interactive media.

What consequences do modern video games have? You die, you try again. Same with Pop.

Or you reverse time, which is a pretty neat and user-friendly mechanic IMO. Erases some of the tedium or redoing areas.

Xater

Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game. Best story by far.

I think most of the matches have potential. Rusev-Cena should be good. Same with Barrett-Ambrose and Usos-Cesaro/Kidd. Bryan can probably carry Reigns to something really good. And Paige-Nikki probably won't be bad.

Rusev-Cena is nothing exciting to me, because I don't like either.

Usos vs Cesaro/Kidd is a mid card match that already happened half a dozen times?

I have no hope for Paige/Nikki.

Rusev-Cena is nothing exciting to me, because I don't like either.

Usos vs Cesaro/Kidd is a mid card match that already happened half a dozen times?

I have no hope for Paige/Nikki.

Usos vs. Cesaro/Kidd has only happened once recently if I recall correctly and it was very good. Nikki isn't as bad as most seem to think. Paige is good. So logic would say they should be fine. Nothing great, but fine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I have to rank the Zelda games, for me because apparently I have to state in my opinion that it's my opinion. It's something like
Linko To The Past > Link's Awakening DX > Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time > Capcom Zelda > Skyward Sword > Zelda 2 > Twilight Princess > Wind Waker

I didn't play the DS or 3DS ones.
What consequences do modern video games have? You die, you try again. Same with Pop.

Or you reverse time, which is a pretty neat and user-friendly mechanic IMO. Erases some of the tedium or redoing areas.
You have to try again. You have to get to that point and try again. And generally you face a different environment with different AI using different tactics to approach you(if one plays tightly scripted stuff, I can't help that) so it's like a fresh take rather than 'redo redo redo done.' No sequence in Hotline Miami ever went the exact same every time due to AI.

You don't understand. YOU don't rewind time. You fall off a cliff, the girl grabs you and throws you back. There is zero consequence. There is no player agency. There is no fear nor challenge. Forgotten Sands is the only Prince of Persia game that deserves to be mentioned as a sequel to Sands of Time. Maybe Two Thrones.

JavyOO7

Paige vs Nikki had a good match at Main Event early this year. They were actually given time to let the match breathe. If they are given that same time again I'm sure they will put out another good match.

I haven't played Majora's Mask since it came out on N64. I remember it being amazing. So, when I stop being poor, I'll buy it on the 3DS. Chances of me getting that New 3DS XL Majora's Mask that loops dope as hell? Zero percent. But I'll be on the look out for one anyway.

Alucard

Banned
You have to try again. You have to get to that point and try again. And generally you face a different environment with different AI using different tactics to approach you(if one plays tightly scripted stuff, I can't help that) so it's like a fresh take rather than 'redo redo redo done.' No sequence in Hotline Miami ever went the exact same every time due to AI.

You don't understand. YOU don't rewind time. You fall off a cliff, the girl grabs you and throws you back. There is zero consequence. There is no player agency. There is no fear nor challenge. Forgotten Sands is the only Prince of Persia game that deserves to be mentioned as a sequel to Sands of Time. Maybe Two Thrones.

I got Forgotten Sands used for the Wii for 5 bucks. Looking forward to checking it out now.

Eh, I'm not super invested in the argument as my experience with PoP was limited on the PS2, but I remember thinking it was pretty cool. Again though, it was with limited experience.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got Forgotten Sands used for the Wii for 5 bucks. Looking forward to checking it out now.

It's probably one of the biggest 'surprise' games I've had of all time. I expected mediocrity and got some pretty incredible sequences. The story is whatever, but the stuff they do with freezing time and water is just super cool.

Xater

Eh, I'm not super invested in the argument as my experience with PoP was limited on the PS2, but I remember thinking it was pretty cool. Again though, it was with limited experience.

If you are talking about PS2 then we are on the same page. The firs tgame there was dope and the sequels slightly less but still good. The art thing was directed at the PoP game Ubi made in 2008. That game sucked.

Alucard

Banned
If you are talking about PS2 then we are on the same page. The firs tgame there was dope and the sequels slightly less but still good. The art thing was directed at the PoP game Ubi made in 2008. That game sucked.

I'm talking about Sands of Time on PS2. Are we talking about the same game?

New family dog has come home today, and he's slotted right into our life. We were expecting him to cry or to be unsure about everything, but he had a little sniff, had a little play, and now he's just chilling at our feet as we watch TV. He's only 10 weeks old too. Mind blown.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New family dog has come home today, and he's slotted right into our life. We were expecting him to cry or to be unsure about everything, but he had a little sniff, had a little play, and now he's just chilling at our feet as we watch TV. He's only 10 weeks old too. Mind blown.

All I see is fur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom