• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabucin

I just finished Rival special and the NXT episode from this week and I had a few comments about it:

Hideo Itami finally is making impact on WWE, his first matches were like he wasn't comfortable doing his thing (his kicks seemed week for example). I hope he could succeed from now on.

Tyler Breeze is awesome, is one of the guys from the WWE machine that has a bright future.

Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey need to stay more time on NXT, they are not ready yet.

Neville is amazing and his last match with Owens prove it. He is one the best highflyers ever because his moves are so clean and he is strong as hell.

Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Finn Balor are ready to be stars on WWE. Period.

Becky Lynch is great and her promos are getting better.

CJ Parker is awesome and he deserves better.

v0yce

It's Smackdown so
Ce6J4RG.png

LOL at all you marks.

You pretend to complain about RAW being too long and you pretend to complain about no time for guys down the roster, yet here you have a show that's shorter, recaps the RAW highpoints, and gives some time to guys like Cesaro, Harper, etc.

Smackdown is routinely better than RAW.

You guys just watch whatever Vincent and the E tells you you're supposed to.

The "RAW is so dumb I watch it all the time, but I'm way too important to watch Smackdown" gimmick is weak brothers. Time for a reboot.

Bada bread, realest guy in the thread.

LOL at all you marks.

You pretend to complain about RAW being too long and you pretend to complain about no time for guys down the roster, yet here you have a show that's shorter, recaps the RAW highpoints, and gives some time to guys like Cesaro, Harper, etc.

The "RAW is so dumb I watch it all the time, but I'm way too important to watch Smackdown" gimmick is weak brothers. Time for a reboot.

sKYZ1s0.jpg

Just finished watching this week's NXT. Yet another fantastic episode with a PPV quality main event. For all the faults of the WWE proper, no wrestling fan can be truly upset when they have such a high quality alternative available like NXT. It's simply the most perfectly formed wrestling product around.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey WrassleGAF, can you eat chicken flavored instant ramen on Fridays during Lent?

Rules aren't even remotely imposing anymore I believe. You can't eat anything on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday and on other days they just expect you to eat less or show restraint, maybe not have sex or masturbate for a while. But other than that, it's kind of like "bring your own rules, feel bad about the world/yourself for a while, fear God." The usual.

Ramen barely count as food anyways, great for intermittent fasting to fill the stomach, so go for it.

Fave Five Things about 80's WWE

5. Iron Sheik & Volkoff - Different era, Different Wrestlers, and it's interesting to see how they deliver the 'Patriotic Foreigner' gimmick that Rusev is doing now.
4. Jesse Ventura on Commentary - Insightful, witty and adds some flavour to Vince McMahon's blandness.
3. Macho Man
2. George 'The Animal' Steel - I want to see extended highlights of his 'rehab' ("How now Brown Cow") as it's funny and true character development. Plus his mannerisms are on point at all times. Then his brief feud with Macho Man where The Animal acts more like a gentleman than Macho is fantastic too.
1. Paul Orndorff - This guy is so underrated that it confuses me. He had a great look and could work in the ring. I guess his mic work was poor, but this was the 80s dammit. Not sure I've seen anyone deliver a better Piledriver than him 30 years later.

Can't remember the last time a Tag Team like Enzo and Cassady where over so much with the crowd. It's like watching the Dudleys or New Age Outlaws. I literally love these guys.

Fuck the Ascension.

Aiii

So not worth it
Can't remember the last time a Tag Team like Enzo and Cassady where over so much with the crowd. It's like watching the Dudleys or New Age Outlaws. I literally love these guys.

Fuck the Ascension.

The best part is the crowd rejecting Carmella because they added her to the act later, but they can't help but chanting along with "how you doin'" when they do Carmella's bit anyways.

The best part is the crowd rejecting Carmella because they added her to the act later, but they can't help but chanting along with "how you doin'" when they do Carmella's bit anyways.

Hahaha, yeah. I only hopped on the NXT ban wagon at Takeover R evolution but it's so much better than Raw.

Whats the big hype behind Blue Pants anyway?

Aiii

So not worth it
Hahaha, yeah. I only hopped on the NXT ban wagon at Takeover R evolution but it's so much better than Raw.

Whats the big hype behind Blue Pants anyway?

Just a jobber they brought in to help Carmella get over in her first match. Cass introduced her -as blue pants- and that's how she got over. Her second match had Big Cass doing her theme song, which they then started using as her actual theme song.

I think she still isn't actually employed by WWE though, which is weird.

I think she still isn't actually employed by WWE though, which is weird.

Her and Mia Yim have been around the performance centre and WWE in general a lot these past months, wouldn't be at all surprised if WWE's planning on signing them, or if they're waiting on them finishing up their indie bookings. Both would be a great asset, Leva's very creative and Mia's one of the best women's wrestlers going today.

Jamie OD

Her and Mia Yim have been around the performance centre and WWE in general a lot these past months, wouldn't be at all surprised if WWE's planning on signing them, or if they're waiting on them finishing up their indie bookings. Both would be a great asset, Leva's very creative and Mia's one of the best women's wrestlers going today.

I think Leva lives around that area of Florida so its easy access for her. The story I heard is she used to work in Universal Studios which was how she was able to make all of her cosplay themed wrestling gear.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
The fuck is up with WWE's site. I'm trying to resub for only $9.99 and they wont let me, keeps bringing up this Jabrone, Reigns and redirecting me to the same page over and over.

radcliff

Seth Rollins, Kane, and Big Show versus Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan, and Ryback

Well, this is probably where Orton returns to help the faces when J&J Security interferes, and Sheamus returns to turn on them. Either that, or they have a rematch on Raw and the above happens.

Alucard

Banned
So, with all of this UFC drugs and roids controversy, has MMA, and UFC in particular, been exposed as a carny sport/organization?

Alucard

Banned
Not any more than cycling has.

It definitely affects my perception of both. No interest in getting invested when you've got future folk heroes like Lance Armstrong and Anderson Silva torn down by their own decisions. It's disappointing more than anything. Same with Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, and Barry Bonds. And Tiger Woods, though that wasn't drug or steroid related.

Yet, for some reason, Austin gets a pass for his domestic abuse issues, largely due to how repentant he has been about it. While I don't feel that excuses what he did, he shouldn't be barred from living out the rest of his life, especially since he seems like he's grown gentler and wiser since that time. Or maybe I'm wrong? Feel like this might be mansplaining.

Striker

Sid was awesome. Sure, his work in the ring was pretty shoddy, but who cares? Just look at that dude.
The Sid talk made me want to watch '96-'97 WWF.

Starting off with Survivor Series 1996, primarily because the Hitman's return.

EDIT: good, it starts off with Owen and Bulldog in a match.

Yet, for some reason, Austin gets a pass for his domestic abuse issues, largely due to how repentant he has been about it. While I don't feel that excuses what he did, he shouldn't be barred from living out the rest of his life, especially since he seems like he's grown gentler and wiser since that time. Or maybe I'm wrong? Feel like this might be mansplaining.

You know, I forgot about this for a long time until you just brought it up. I remember hearing about this back when I was younger but I think I was off wrestling by that point.

Has he been repentant about it? Cos I never heard that part of events. I do agree he seems quite a bit gentler nowadays, he's quite likeable in a goofy old huckster kind of way. As in, it's obvious when he's putting on his 'i'm a redneck' act and when he's just being himself, which is generally just a friendly and fairly honest guy. It's weird that his carnival salesmanship doesn't contradict that, but that's the strangeness of wrestling, I guess.

I googled it and I'm seeing reports of the incident itself, and also some awful third and fourth hand accounts of it that are blaming Debra and so on, but nothing of Austin addressing the thing himself. Some people are claiming there was a settlement that meant he can't talk about it legally, but these people are also claiming Debra 'was a bitch' and 'got paid to shut up and go away' so I'm not giving their stories much weight.

What's the deal here?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LOL at all you marks.

But SD doesn't progress storylines in a meaningful way

Neither does Raw but uh...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CJ Parker would be a good hand on the main roster, I hope he gets moved up soon and settled into his lower midcard status. There's nothing wrong with being good at being a jobber that has an actual theme and gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom