• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I forgot how good the AKI Wrestling games were.... God Damn. Yukes ruined everything..

The worst part about the whole sad saga is that Yukes eventually fired their one team that could make a good AKI style game. That and they still haven't quite got on the level of the character models from DoR from two generations ago, at least not consistently.

Striker

Survivor Series '96 is really fun. Up to the Sid-Michaels now. "Who's the man?!"

The short-lived Jim Ross heel run is so strange. He takes shots at the creative decisions in bringing in "clowns and garbage men", and when Flash Funk debuts, says he looks better in red and yellow in NYC than any one else before. Then there's the whole fake Razor and fake Diesel stuff.

Now to hear how the NYC crowd cheers the heel Sid because of what a cock the babyface Michaels is.

The worst part about the whole sad saga is that Yukes eventually fired their one team that could make a good AKI style game. That and they still haven't quite got on the level of the character models from DoR from two generations ago, at least not consistently.

UGHH....Seriously? i'm sad now.

The last good Wrestling game i've played was.. actually WWE All Stars.. i wish THQ had access to the full roster in that game before they went under.

jred2k

B-OccwmCMAAO3dM.png

Survivor Series '96 is really fun. Up to the Sid-Michaels now. "Who's the man?!"

The short-lived Jim Ross heel run is so strange. He takes shots at the creative decisions in bringing in "clowns and garbage men", and when Flash Funk debuts, says he looks better in red and yellow in NYC than any one else before. Then there's the whole fake Razor and fake Diesel stuff.

Now to hear how the NYC crowd cheers the heel Sid because of what a cock the babyface Michaels is.

lol I watched this a few months ago. While I don't really have anything nice to say about Sid-Michaels, man that JR stuff really was bizarre.

"HOW CAN THEY BOO THIS MAN, WHO BRINGS MORE TO THE NAME RAZOR RAMON THAN THE LAST GUY WHO HAD IT"

Two and a half years ago my wife labored for 27 hours to bring our daughter into the world. On Wednesday her water broke and our son flew out in like 15 minutes.

Crazy stuff.

How was NXT this week? I missed it.

Sephzilla

Two and a half years ago my wife labored for 27 hours to bring our daughter into the world. On Wednesday her water broke and our son flew out in like 15 minutes.

Crazy stuff.

Your son clearly got a stronger push.

NXT was pretty good!

Oh yeah I know now, but the first impression was that it was the same black and red so the crowd didn't pop as much. I think the small evolutions make more sense from a merch standpoint tho.

Treat it like Cena, change it up every few months and new round of t-shirt sales.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Your son clearly got a stronger push.

NXT was pretty good!
Lol!

As for NXT, let's talk Kevin Owens. At first I wasn't sure on how I should feel about him getting the title so quickly. But after the great match with Neville, I finally see the direction they're going with him. They want to make him the NXT version of Brock Lesnar. And I think it's working.

Now all he needs is some sponsors...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even though I hate to admit it, I really like Kevin Owens. His fans make me not want to be associated with people who enjoy him though. They make me feel bad for sharing a common interest. I think he's got what it takes to make it.

I hate no-gimmick Fridays.

Alucard

Banned

Crazy stuff.

Congratulations! Hoping for a similar outcome with our second, scheduled for 7 weeks from now. First one took 16 hours from first contraction to birth.

Sephzilla

I'm a huge Bryan fan and I want to see him have a proper 1 on 1 WrestleMania win/moment. But if Brock re-signs then I honestly think I want Brock to win at Mania and hold the belt for another solid year.

I'm a huge Bryan fan and I want to see him have a proper 1 on 1 WrestleMania win/moment. But if Brock re-signs then I honestly think I want Brock to win at Mania and hold the belt for another solid year.

I still think the best thing to do would be to have Bryan win and then have Seth cash in a week or two later. Then those two could feud over the title for the summer while Reigns gets more experience feuding with Orton/Sheamus/Bray/Ambrose. If Reigns is over enough later on in the year, then you could have him beat Seth for the title. Or you could continue the Bryan/Reigns feud. It's been a pretty hot feud so far.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data, did you feel enraged when Sid power bombed Jose Lothario's son, tearing the heart out of the Lothario family?

Sid could powerbomb Jesus, and he still seems to be over with the fans. Every time I hear Nash or Hall or Vader or anyone talk about Sid he always talks about how he thinks he'd be better as a heel. His whole career was him flubbing lines and beating up people as a heel, and he got cheered. So I have no idea why he constantly thought he was better as a heel. EVERYBODY seemed to want to cheer the goof. WCW, WWF, USWA, didn't matter. He got cheered for attacking Bret and Shawn with the camera, he got cheered for eliminating Hogan. Yet he thought his money was in being a heel.

He's the worst heel ever. He was the perfect foil to Michaels because no matter what Michaels did to sabotage him, Sid did worse to himself, and the fans still loved him.

Striker

¡HarlequinPanic!;152918807 said:
lol I watched this a few months ago. While I don't really have anything nice to say about Sid-Michaels, man that JR stuff really was bizarre.

"HOW CAN THEY BOO THIS MAN, WHO BRINGS MORE TO THE NAME RAZOR RAMON THAN THE LAST GUY WHO HAD IT"
In the very next PPV, IYH: It's Time, fake Razor and fake Diesel are in a tag match and no one gives a shit, and Ross is at it again. "How can they boo these men?!"

Man, the team of Owen and Bulldog are great.

I unabashedly enjoyed 911 only for the chokeslams.

When I think powerbombs, I think Sid. Being huge, wrestling shirtless and in jeans, stabbing TMF Arn Anderson with scissors, attacking Brian Pillman with a squeegee, loving softball: he's the true total package.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is wrestling good again yet?

It's great! Lucha Underground is super fun and good to watch if you want a change of pace. Even RoH is fun even though I got sick of it and filter out RoH posts because it's constantly rammed down my throat.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I still think the best thing to do would be to have Bryan win and then have Seth cash in a week or two later. Then those two could feud over the title for the summer while Reigns gets more experience feuding with Orton/Sheamus/Bray/Ambrose. If Reigns is over enough later on in the year, then you could have him beat Seth for the title. Or you could continue the Bryan/Reigns feud. It's been a pretty hot feud so far.

These dudes want to see Brock hold the belt hostage another year while showing up to wrestle John Cena 3 times.

I'll take a year of Roman Reigns running wild over an extended Lesnar run, friends.

Sid could powerbomb Jesus, and he still seems to be over with the fans. Every time I hear Nash or Hall or Vader or anyone talk about Sid he always talks about how he thinks he'd be better as a heel. His whole career was him flubbing lines and beating up people as a heel, and he got cheered. So I have no idea why he constantly thought he was better as a heel. EVERYBODY seemed to want to cheer the goof. WCW, WWF, USWA, didn't matter. He got cheered for attacking Bret and Shawn with the camera, he got cheered for eliminating Hogan. Yet he thought his money was in being a heel.

He's the worst heel ever. He was the perfect foil to Michaels because no matter what Michaels did to sabotage him, Sid did worse to himself, and the fans still loved him.

They didn't even try to tweak his character going into his Taker match, even if he won the title by taking advantage of a screwed Bret. The people still cheered.

Fastlane OT is up. You're welcome, everyone.

You spelt 'Speed Pass' wrong.

I'm actually kind of optimistic about this event (I know, I know) given how surprisingly enjoyable Bryan / Romeo has been, and finally, the Dust brothers are going at it (probably just a curtain jerker setting up a bigger match at Mania, but I have zero problems there).

I'm even optimistic that A: Rusev will beat Cena and that B: it will be a good match. Until now, Rusev and Umaga were on identical career paths. If Cena wins clean on Sunday as he did in his first match against Umaga, then you may as well stick a fork in Rusev sadly.

But something feels a tiny bit different this time around. Maybe it's the 'old man' talk. Who knows. I think Rusev gets a win on Sunday, and then Cena wins a rematch at Mania maybe.

Alucard

Banned
Even though I hate to admit it, I really like Kevin Owens. His fans make me not want to be associated with people who enjoy him though. They make me feel bad for sharing a common interest. I think he's got what it takes to make it.

I hate no-gimmick Fridays.

What do you mean, man? Which Kevin Steen fans are we talking about here, Mr. McMahon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom