• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, look forward to seeing Joseph Samoa in NXT.
Ha! You think Samoa Joe is going to take orders from Bill DeMott? Samoa Joe in NXT would be like the most bad *ss, unruly student in the class from those cliche urban high school movies: Dangerous Minds, The Substitute, Stand And Deliver, etc.

Joe would legit kill Owens.

RP912

Banned
I wonder if Joe in the past knew TNA would eventually suck out his soul would he just have gone to WWE?

SamoaJoe.png

this moment alone is where Joe was like "why I'm still in this fucking company".

It's bad enough he got kidnapped and came back to the arena like nothing happened...

Kaladin

If Samoa Joe went to NXT, NXT is where he should stay. Put over the younger talent and give them a legit bad ass to work with on their way up.

S'moa Joe gonna be an NXT ref.

S'more Joe is going to jump Daniel Bryan at Fastlane.

Is Samoa Joe going to UFC?

He is the Samoan Submission Machine. Built-in gimmick for the MMA carnies.

Joe vs Makabe at the Tokyo Dome.

Joe is THE guy

Not 2015 Joe. Remember 2007 Joe vs. Misawa? It'll be like that, only slower.

No talk about Samoa Joe in TNA is complete without that penis he drew on his face for months, his ninjas, and threatening to shoot kill people with a machete.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joe would fit in more with the faux-shoot type Suzuki-gun than Bullet Club.

NOAH would be willing to play up his teachings from Hashimoto more than NJPW. And he could eventually wrestle Fale and AJ if he's in Suzuki-gun.

Ha! You think Samoa Joe is going to take orders from Bill DeMott? Samoa Joe in NXT would be like the most bad *ss, unruly student in the class from those cliche urban high school movies: Dangerous Minds, The Substitute, Stand And Deliver, etc.

Joseph The Bully Samoa sounds good to me...
Lol, they'll package him as new Rikishi. Do it.
They could give him a superhero gimmick, book it.

Or a gay barber gimmick.

RP912

Banned
If Joe can critical dudes like friggin Necro Butcher...I'll be on board for a NXT debut of Joester the Blowster.

Did Joe's body break down or was it a case of why should I give a shit in TNA the last few years? I'm sure he'll still get work but I see him more in line with where Daniels and Kazarian are than Styles. Styles was at least always consistently giving good performances, I cant recall anything good Joe has done in recent history past an Austin Aries match a year or longer ago.

Kaladin

Joe is 35, at this point in his career I'd recommend a show like NXT where he can work a lighter schedule and his longest matches won't top 20 minutes. He'd still have the opportunity to show off what he can do and train himself to be his best form again.

Cagey

Banned
Samoa Joe ain't coming into NXT for some bullshit like Umaga 2.0, Rikiski 2.0, or whatever.

He's gonna get Bull Dempsey's gimmick and give us the Bull we deserve.

BULL

Is there any reason WWE would ever hire a TNA veteran again?

NXT seems to be doing just fine completely ignoring it as a potential talent pool.

It sucks for anyone working in TNA but yeah... it seems super clear that if TNA has touched you that WWE doesn't want to work with you (unless you are Sting)

Samoa Joe ain't coming into NXT for some bullshit like Umaga 2.0, Rikiski 2.0, or whatever.

He's gonna get Bull Dempsey's gimmick and give us the Bull we deserve.

BULL
Now, let's not get crazy.

Bull Dempsey is the last of a dying breed. Why kill him off? Are you against the protection of endangered species?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't see Joe going to Florida. He'd likely have to move out there to be a NXT trainer(if that's what he went to do) and the ship has sailed on developmental years ago(though it would be funny to see Bull Dempsey's reaction). Most of the people who would vouch for Joe now are gone and on bad terms with the E as well other than Bryan.

Realistically I see
• NJPW as Bullet Club. Him and AJ are still close.
• NOAH as Suzuki-gun. Wouldn't look out of place in that stable.
• Retirement

MAYBE a PWG appearance or ROH appearance, but I can't see ROH putting a major focus on a returning Samoa Joe.

scabro

Samoan Joseph should take his career to the next level by signing a contract to be represented by one Konnan, in my opinion.
YPvFtm7.gif

what will his spirit animal be?

RP912

Banned

NXT seems to be doing just fine completely ignoring it as a potential talent pool.

It sucks for anyone working in TNA but yeah... it seems super clear that if TNA has touched you that WWE doesn't want to work with you (unless you are Sting)

They touched hardy and rdv a few many times though...

Samoan Joseph should take his career to the next level by signing a contract to be represented by one Konnan, in my opinion.

what will his spirit animal be?

Fat recognize fat, know what I'm saying?

Humpback whales give birth around Samoa, so that sounds about right for Samolian Joe.

RP912

Banned
Oh. I mean the young guys who have never been to WWE and have only made a name for themselves in TNA. Obviously WWE will always have a place for old WWE faces as nostalga acts

As much as WWE throws shade at TNA...they are cut from the same cloth of the late great WCW. Hiring old guys for the memories.

somedevil

Well in NXT right now. Spoilers ahead:

They are bringing in veterans to work with the younger talents. In the last taping they had Rhyno and Brian Kendrick. So you just bring him in for that.

Orale fingerman!!

Kaladin

The thing about TNA that WWE doesn't like is that their training program is non existent. You come in and work your style, however it meshes with whoever they have.

They probably have a rough time retraining guys who come out of TNA's system to the WWE style of wrestling.

All this talk about Samoa Joe getting recognized as a veteran. It's like nobody read the thread title:

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

They didn't bring in AJ because he's too old for developmental. They're not bringing in Samoa Joe.

RP912

Banned
The thing about TNA that WWE doesn't like is that their training program is non existent. You come in and work your style, however it meshes with whoever they have.

They probably have a rough time retraining guys who come out of TNA's system to the WWE style of wrestling.

That's the thing that kills me about the WWE. It's like downloading caws of your favorite wrestler only to get rid of their well known movesets in place of a default moveset. I understand that it's to preserve their bodies but damn you holding back on godtier matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's not a fair comparison. AJ generally kept putting out good performances and stayed in great shape, Joe hasn't given a shit outside of a couple matches in years.

It is a fair comparison. AJ has been phoning it in since 2008. I shit all over him when he went to NJPW because he had destroyed what little merit he had by being involved in dull matches in the same promotion Joe was in. Joe has always performed the same regardless of his size. Joe had better, longer matches in ROH than when he worked under Hashimoto when he was much slimmer. If a worker hates his place of work or if he's not given room to perform, he's always going to have shitty matches.

kiguel182

Alberto Del Rio complaining about being held back by the color of his skin is hilarious given the fact that everything he was given in the WWE was because the color of his skin instead of proving he was worth any of it.

Kaladin

That's the thing that kills me about the WWE. It's like downloading caws of your favorite wrestler only to get rid of their well known movesets in place of a default moveset. I understand that it's to preserve their bodies but damn you holding back on godtier matches.

If what they've done with guys like Adrian Neville and Kalisto are any indication, they've got a better system than they used to. They kept their same style but tailored it to WWE. It's not as chaotic as it used to be. Neville had a whole arsenal of high flying moves and while that can be a good thing, it's also good to thin it out to a few moves that you perfect. Same with Kalisto, he kept a lot of his flippy lucha shit, but WWE also curbed that and moves that he used to do every match are now only for big matches. He's also cut down a lot on crazy shit that could get him killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom