• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal judge grants stay on Trump ban for people who landed in U.S. with valid visas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Yup I have. That group has been around since Trump started running. They always have batshit insane ads wanting you to call their line and let DC or some other groups now how totally amazing the new Messiah Donald Trump is and why every citizen of this planet should bow down to him and kiss his feet. They tend to get a good amount of them aired on CNN.

You really need to implement some sort of money back guarantee/no questions asked refund for presidents.
nah all purchases are final because it is expected that customers thoroughly research the product they want to go with sad to say

also the receipt said I bought something else so I don't think I can exchange it

Ac30

besides the fact that there's no "muslim ban" id be curious to know where you think it is written in the constitution that citizens from ever country of the world have a right to immigrate to the us whenever they want.

They are green card carrying residents

Sciz

Employees of the law and order candidate openly flaunting law and order, nice. That'll go well for them.

Or at least rack up another notch on the hypocrisy belt when he inevitably rails against the courts.

nynt9

besides the fact that there's no "muslim ban" id be curious to know where you think it is written in the constitution that citizens from ever country of the world have a right to immigrate to the us whenever they want.

Nah, just a ban on people from countries that happen to be muslim. Totally not the same thing!

Also, these are people who have already been granted visas or green cards. They have already been determined to be allowed in the country, or are already permanent residents of the country.

Fuck you and your dog whistling.

Volimar

ZBF456W.gif

gillty

Banned
Employees of the law and order candidate openly flaunting law and order, nice. That'll go well for them.

Or at least rack up another notch on the hypocrisy belt when he inevitably rails against the courts.
Make the distinction between executive and judicial branches of the U.S. Government.

Deepwater

The United States foreign policy leaves America with an moral and ethical duty to accept immigrants. Especially refugees.

We have Military Bases in 38 sovereign, foreign countries. We have no right to deny anyone free of suspicion of a crime from coming here

Boke1879

Nah, just a ban on people from countries that happen to be muslim. Totally not the same thing!

Also, these are people who have already been granted visas or green cards. They have already been determined to be allowed in the country, or are already permanent residents of the country.

Fuck you and your dog whistling.

Is that the only post they made in this thread? Funny how they do that.

RK128

What the hell is going on? The border security are refusing to follow the court order?

This is honestly shocking. The courts stated that Trumps EO is on hold for the moment....so why continue following it? Do they KNOW they are breaking the law and could go to jail for continuing the EO?!

.....Can't believe this.

Gutek

The United States foreign policy leaves America with an moral and ethical duty to accept immigrants. Especially refugees.

We have Military Bases in 38 sovereign, foreign countries. We have no right to deny anyone free of suspicion of a crime from coming here

All of the people detained are legal and have been technically allowed to enter to the US, as they have visas and green cards. Don't even bother to reply to this disingenuous bullshit that guy is peddling.

This is honestly shocking. The courts stated that Trumps EO is on hold for the moment....so why continue following it? Do they KNOW they are breaking the law and could go to jail for continuing the EO?!

.....Can't believe this.

They take orders directly from the White House.

Zukkoyaki

So some have let the people through? I haven't seen any notices of such.
From what I've seen the reports of border security not following the court order center on two locations. Could be more widespread but it's super noisy right now.

BlackJet

Getting sick and tired of people making excuses. Trump and his cronies are damaging the reputation and economy of this country.

Not expecting much but I'm hoping I can use my family's business to beat some sense into our statesmen.

Deepwater

All of the people detained are legal and have been admitted to the US, as they have visas and green cards. Don't even bother to reply to this disingenuous bullshit that guy is peddling.

This is factually not true as Immigration at certain airports are still detaining individuals who were in transit when the EO was signed. Bother to be updated on the situation before you reply

Gutek

This is factually not true as Immigration at certain airports are still detaining individuals who were in transit when the EO was signed. Bother to be updated on the situation before you reply

By admitted I meant allowed to enter per their visa. Fixed the post.

Boke1879

These people either have Visas or Green cards. They are legally permitted to enter the US

even the_donald are pushing this is related to israel due to 6/7 countries banning israel visitors, whole thing is a mess.
I have a feeling lobby groups helped make this law

Apharmd

These people either have Visas or Green cards. They are legally permitted to enter the US

AFAIK when they wanted to clarify, what happened was that Trump Admin Official said "on a case by case basis" despite the EO saying visas and greencards are okay.

So they're not okay.

Fuck Bannon, by the way.

RK128

They take orders directly from the White House.

.....That explains things. Trump and his team likely think their stuff can still fly when the Judges stated a clear 'NO' to the EO until further notice.

This has been stated many times I think, but could this be a first step toward impeachment? He has other things helping a case toward that, but still; this is a very public case of Trump's Administration outright breaking a law publicly. People are noticing.

Linkura

Of course, there's still more to worry about if this order stands:

Yeah, I'm worried he might go full insanity and just ban all non-citizens at some point. My mother in law only has a green card despite living in the US for over 40 years and my husband is going to tell her that she should either get citizenship or just move back to her home country (Japan, so it's extremely unlikely there'd be bans from there... but I would put nothing past Trump at this point). She probably won't listen, but I wouldn't put anything past the admin at this point.

Gutek

.....That explains things. Trump and his team likely think their stuff can still fly when the Judges stated a clear 'NO' to the EO until further notice.

This has been stated many times I think, but could this be a first step toward impeachment? He has other things helping a case toward that, but still; this is a very public case of Trump's Administration outright breaking a law publicly. People are noticing.

No impeachment. I'm 82% sure Paul Ryan is currently literally sucking Donald's tiny cock.

Sean C

No, because that would require House Republicans to care, and they won't.

Deepwater

By admitted I meant allowed to enter per their visa. Fixed the post.

I thought your post was insinuating that because they were green card holders, they've already be released from the airport. I see that's not your point, so my apologies

You mean that it didn't fully stop the order?

The stay that was granted said that anyone detained who were in transit when the EO was signed has to be permitted entry. If someone from Iran wanted to book a flight to JFK tomorrow, they'd be denied.

RK128

No, because that would require House Republicans to care, and they won't.

Sigh.....knew things weren't over. Maybe further protest and backlash will help change things. That sparked the EO being on hold in most places via the protests helping lawyers get funding to halt the EO. Maybe it can help push congress toward taking action?

The Republicans that are sane must not like all the toxic backlash and utter hatred a large chunk of the world has toward them currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom