• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

VanWinkle

Still very early, but I don't know if I like it yet. I like more structure and it seems quite unstructured. I don't think I like the jump physics, either. I'll keep playing. I will say it's really awesome looking and sounding. Playing on Vita. It's mostly 60fps but does drop often when it pans to a new area.

I got it through a sale on Steam. The game is alright. The presentation is great, but the gameplay is a bit dull. I found games like Crush did the idea much better. It is such a shame the creator has issues. I would have liked a sequel that added more gameplay.

Ridley327

Can you "finish" the game without getting into any of the "my brain wants to explode" puzzles.
Played it on 360 but only got so far because of complete confusion of the map. Want to try it again but don't want to need to jot down pages of notes and visit the internet every 5 minutes.

Yes, and arguably, the ending you get for finding half of the cubes is way cooler than the one you get for finding all of them.

But that's not very fun to leave things half-finished, now is it?

DirtyLarry

Just purchased on the mobile app and pushed it to my PS4. Wish there was a push to Vita option as well but alas there is not.
Looking forward to these being my new Vita game.
I will no doubt also check it out on the PS4 although Infamous and MGS:GZ are the top dogs right now on it.

Man has anyone seen the documentary Indie Video Game on Netflix.

It follows the devs for Fez, Super Meat Boy and interview the dev for Braid. As they deal with working with limited resources and releasing their game on time.

Phil's interview was especially disturbing. After listing all the things that had happened to him in his life recently (GF left him, Dad diagnosed with Cancer and beats it but his parents get divorced, etc..) he is asked by one of the interviewers how important this games success is. His answer was basically (paraphrasing from memory) "If I can't finish this game and garner success my career is gone and I will Kill myself. So my motivation for finishing Fez and making it a success is so I don't have to kill myself.?"

He said this with a straight face and everything.

I saw it a while ago. From what I can remember, almost everybody came across as pretty unlikeable (except the big guy from Meat Boy). Emo is an overused term, but it's what comes to mind when I think of what I saw of Fish there.

Anyhoo, bought Fez and can't wait to play it after work. I've been wanting to play this for a while, but when I heard it was coming to PS4 I waited. Also, as somebody who went 360 only last gen, this is the first cross buy title that I'll actually get to take advantage of. I just wish I could play it in 3D!

calder

Dammit, the $10 in my wallet from the last "spend $60" deal didn't last long.

Never played this before, will be a nice change after 20ish hours of Infamous on the weekend.

ced

Played it on 360 but only got so far because of complete confusion of the map.

This happened to me the first time I played it as well.

When I re-played it 6 months later and started over the map somehow clicked with me and I finished the game and explored everything I could, really enjoyed it.

It follows the devs for Fez, Super Meat Boy and interview the dev for Braid. As they deal with working with limited resources and releasing their game on time.

Phil's interview was especially disturbing. After listing all the things that had happened to him in his life recently (GF left him, Dad diagnosed with Cancer and beats it but his parents get divorced, etc..) he is asked by one of the interviewers how important this games success is. His answer was basically (paraphrasing from memory) "If I can't finish this game and garner success my career is gone and I will Kill myself. So my motivation for finishing Fez and making it a success is so I don't have to kill myself.?"

The most brilliant minds are unfortunately usually the most troubled. And Fish is no exception. But what a brilliant mind it is, FEZ is a genuine unique masterpiece of epic proportions. Sure, not everyone gets it, but not everyone 'gets' any exceptional work of art.

Remember people, buy the Vita version on the store no matter which one(s) you are actually going to play. Vita sales need help. :(

EDIT: Yes, I triple dipped and now own this on 360, PC, PS4/PS3/Vita.

This will be my second ever double dip after Spelunky (real DD, not just cross buy). So happy for all the PlayStation people to finally get to play this one.

Remember people, buy the Vita version on the store no matter which one(s) you are actually going to play. Vita sales need help. :(

Great idea. I'm gonna do that.

Ridley327

On the Vita, there is an audio glitch in the QUASI-PUZZLE SPOILER
totem deciphering block room
that's pretty nasty. Not sure if it's the same on the console versions.

DirtyLarry

Damn, I did not even realize this. To late in my case. Very good to know for the future though.

hayguyz

Banned
On the Vita, there is an audio glitch in the QUASI-PUZZLE SPOILER
totem deciphering block room
that's pretty nasty. Not sure if it's the same on the console versions.

could you describe what you experienced instead of just saying a pretty nasty audio glitch?

Ridley327

could you describe what you experienced instead of just saying a pretty nasty audio glitch?

It seems like it's related to
interacting with the deciphering device itself, since there's tones associated with the inputs you can register on there
. The audio starts to bleed out really badly, sounding very badly compressed. It resets itself when you solve the puzzle in that area, but as soon as you start playing around with the
deciphering device again
, it comes back. It goes away entirely when you leave the room.

Just picked it up and started playing on my Vita. Realized the screen shot function (ps button+start) is super handy. Can boot up my pics to review without closing the game and I dont need to keep a notebook handy.

Took pics of all 4 sides of the first locked room. Seems like that stuff might come in handy later.

DirtyLarry

Thanks.

Yes, always please buy the VITA version of all Cross-Buy games from the Sony Store to help support the Vita cause.
As someone who has owned the Vita since Day 1 and believes it is easily the best dedicated handheld gaming device known to man, I will do anything and everything I can to support it, no doubt about it. I'll even probably buy Borderlands 2.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Yeah I watched it, made me see Phil in a different light.

whitehawk

Banned
HOW DO I ENABLE 3D?!?!?!
3D mode is enabled in New Game ++, when you receive the red/cyan glasses. For PS3 and PSVita, it will switch to anaglyph 3D, like X360 and PC versions. For PS4, with a 3D tv set, it will switch to real stereoscopic (with option to change to anaglyph)
Wait, I have to beat the game once before I can play in 3D? Noooooooo

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
A tiny bit of slowdown during the first level which pans the entirety of the level. Otherwise smooth with no signs of slowdown and most certainly playable. It seems there is just a small bit of slowdown when rotating some parts but I would hardly call it world ending unless someone wants to hyperbolize it :p

It's awesome and I consider this is a near perfect port job. It's 60fps about 98% of the time minus the more zoomed out rotations.

What version are you playing?

I have 100 % the PC version, but will probably buy the Vita version just to stroll around and take in the atmosphere on the go if it's smooth :)

Muzy72

Banned
How fast do you guys think this will go on sale? Can't decide if I want it now or when it's inevitably 75% off!

Muzy72

Banned
Fuck it, just bought it. I can skip a lunch to make up for it! lol

I bought it on Steam earlier but never touched it. It should get some actual use out of me on PS4 and Vita though!

I love playing this on the Vita. I don't know how I played it on a keyboard before. Might be why I've only played an hour into it on PC.

Super excited that this is portable

Top Bottom