• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

aro52

Question on the first area: (from a Fez newb)
I got 5/9 in the first area and hit a wall (figuratively). I searched high and low for the last 4 gold blocks, and nothing. Then, all of a sudden, the door was closed on one of the rooms I had previously searched, and BAM! a gold block. Left that room, found another room had its door closed, another gold block, and so on until I had found my 9 total blocks. My question is... What in sam hell did I do to finally get those doors to close and reveal blocks?!

After that, I started cruising right through, and now sit at 28.9%, 6 completed cube shards, 3 anti-cubes, and a few keys and maps.

Myansie

It's not. Jumped the gun after reading overview in store. I had intended to go 3D from get go. Holding the feature as a carrot doesn't make sense unless they wanted us to appreciate the original format :(

That's bizarre it's blocked like that. A mate sitting next to me reckons the game mechanic would break in 3D as the transition from 2d into 3d when spinning the level and back to 2D would be ruined.

Has anyone tried 3D? How does it even work?

RaikuHebi

Banned
That's bizarre it's blocked like that. A mate sitting next to me reckons the game mechanic would break in 3D as the transition from 2d into 3d when spinning the level and back to 2D would be ruined.

Has anyone tried 3D? How does it even work?
It's following the same rules as the PC version re: 3D having to be unlocked.

I don't mind. The developer wants me to experience it normally first I suppose.

Otherwise hacking the PS3 savefile (or transferring a completed one) should allow it to be unlocked early and then cross-save transferred to the other versions. This may affect trophies though. And by the time these pop-up you might as well play the game yourself.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Now that I think about it, the 360 version wasn't 60fps, was it?
It was like 58 fps, actually (something like that). Basically, it didn't sync up with the display refresh rate which resulted in near constant mini-hitches. In addition, there were constant skips and hitches throughout the game including massive sound drop outs. It felt really unpolished.

On PS4, it's 100% flawless.

On Vita it's 98% perfect. There are just a couple unique instances where I noticed minor frame-rate dips (mainly just the very beginning when you first obtain the fez). Most of the time it's a perfect 60 fps, however, and it feels great.

I spent very little time with the PS3 version but it seems to run as well as the PS4 version but at 720p (which isn't all that noticeable).

Either way, they're all much better than the 360 version.

Vita version is pretty amazing...never thought they could get it to run at 60fps and still look like every other version.
I was worried after the awful Gamescom build last year (which was apparently focused more on getting it working period rather than running well). The frame-rate was extremely poor at the time. They've made huge strides since then and it's just about perfect now.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So excited to hear the good impressions about vita. Can't wait for EU store update. I just wanted to say thanks to the porting staff and other people who've supported this on Sony platforms. Seems like they did a great job.

SmokyDave

Eagerly awaiting the store update so I can get this downloading. Can't wait to sink into a comfy chair and pull out the Vita later.

Rainy Dog

Eagerly awaiting the store update so I can get this downloading. Can't wait to sink into a comfy chair and pull out the Vita later.

You don't know how much it's going to be over here do you Dave? Want this for the Vita/PS4 crossplay but will be a bit miffed if it's more than a tenner given the US price.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how hard is it to unlock the 3D mode? Some of the puzzles sound crazily obtuse so I doubt I'd get them all.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
how hard is it to unlock the 3D mode? Some of the puzzles sound crazily obtuse so I doubt I'd get them all.

You just have to get to NG+, which means you don't have to do the really crazy puzzles (which are mostly in NG+ anyways

Damigos

Cross buy across all 3 platforms! YAY!

(Do you think that on Vita FEZ will run better with remote play from PS4 OR native ?)

Coreda

It starts on new game+, and you don't need all the cubes to finish the first playthrough.
It's not a particularly difficult game in general, I found it very relaxing.

Some puzzle rooms can't be completed in the first playthrough due to the
lack of the new perspective
, but a quick web search is easy to do, and other more head-scratching puzzles/extras were more fully explained with the help of the larger Fez community.

SmokyDave

You don't know how much it's going to be over here do you Dave? Want this for the Vita/PS4 crossplay but will be a bit miffed if it's more than a tenner given the US price.
No idea, sorry. Luftrausers and Steamworld Dig were both £7.29 (before plus discount) so I'd imagine it'll be somewhere around there.

Schryver

Bought for PS4 last night based on everyone's recommendations. Played for a couple hours and love the fact that there's so much to discover. It's a bit overwhelming but looking forward to it! Highly recommended

I'll pick this up later. Can anyone tell me how big the download is? I've just bought a 64GB memory card from eBay, but will need to shuffle my current card to make room for this if it's bigger than a few hundred MB.

RpgN

Around 250MB.

Gotta love the lifted 100 bubbles limit. I'm around 90 with a 64 gb memorycard. It's going to be a joy buying smaller games. Now there's only size to worry about eventually.

I've been waiting impatiently for Fez to be on the store. Wondering how much it will cost on the UK store.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I enjoyed the first hour or so on Xbox but got stuck. Might give the Vita version a go (and maybe not be ashamed to dig out a strategy guide now and then).

Anyone here want it on PC? I'm pretty sure I have an extra code from that humble bundle a few weeks ago and while I was planning on trading it I might as well give it to some deserving soul who hasn't experienced this game yet.

-GJ-

I enjoyed the first hour or so on Xbox but got stuck. Might give the Vita version a go (and maybe not be ashamed to dig out a strategy guide now and then).

The game is best enjoyed without the use of a strategy guide. That's why I loved the game so much when I bought it on release for Xbox 360. You really had to do everything by yourself and write stuff down on paper to figure specific puzzles out.

I'm sad to see people using guides with a game like Fez. It's not necessary since most of the puzzles are perfectly doable, except for maybe the
three red blocks
which aren't necessary for 100%/200% iirc.

Please play without a guide, haha, and enjoy the game the way you're supposed to.

FLEABttn

Banned
Never having played Fez before, or even seen more than 10 seconds of footage, I went into this game mostly blind. How good this game is was really sort of unexpected. And the music is like listening to the Blade Runner OST.

Suzzopher

Come on europe.

iL0p8lu28qQvl.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace

9.99 euros, with a 20% PS+ discount. so around £7.99 (£6.39 with PS+ discount)?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So it's cheaper using US store, even without PS+

Oh that was in dollars, converter app automatically converted it and I didnt realize :p

Top Bottom