• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

Muzy72

Banned
Being able to put things in your download queue from the web store is a freaking god send. By the time I get off work in a couple hours the game will be ready to go on both my PS4 and Vita!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Finally, a perfect version of Fez right out of the gate. Not a single hitch, skip, or glitch to be seen on ps4. Vita version is also worlds better than the 360 original. I really love this game. Can't wait to play it again! The atmosphere is so damn amazing

Does it run better than 360 version?
All three PS versions run much MUCH better.

are you saying that becuase it's your first time playing the game or because the way it looks on the Vita screen?

It cause its my first time playing. I just finding it a little tough to know where in the world i am headed and where to go. Accidentally warped back home a couple times and it toke me a while to get back to the pervious location.

Having played both the Vita and PS4 versions for about an hours each, nothing seems to be differently or lacking in either version. Vita has the addition of some touch controls. Cross save work perfectly too.

mauaus

It cause its my first time playing. I just finding it a little tough to know where in the world i am headed and where to go. Accidentally warped back home a couple times and it toke me a while to get back to the pervious location.

Having played both the Vita and PS4 versions for about an hours each, nothing seems to be differently or lacking in either version. Vita has the addition of some touch controls. Cross save work perfectly too.

ohh man that sounds sooo good, cant wait to get off work!

Coconut

Banned

It'll make sense eventually.

Finally, a perfect version of Fez right out of the gate. Not a single hitch, skip, or glitch to be seen on ps4. Vita version is also worlds better than the 360 original. I really love this game. Can't wait to play it again! The atmosphere is so damn amazing

that's really good to hear, ran awful on 360

Ridley327

I had a busy night.

iGpU9k6doT9Gk.jpg

Bought the game on my vita and it looks great! However I can't start the game on my PS4, it says the license isn't verified, anyone wanna help me out here?

Ridley327

Bought the game on my vita and it looks great! However I can't start the game on my PS4, it says the license isn't verified, anyone wanna help me out here?

I had that problem with Outlast when it came out, and all you have to do is activate your system in the Settings.

AllenShrz

There is an option in the settings menu about restoring licenses or something like that.

And I bought this one too, it will be useful for flights.

SiDCrAzY

Just bought it, played it for like 10 minutes.

Will wait until I have a bit more time to enjoy it, but seems like a charming game from the little bit I played.

Edit:playing on ps4

Just bought FEZ because it sounds like it hits all the sweetspots for everything I look for in a great Vita indie game:
-great soundtrack
-beautiful,colorful artstyle
-solid mechanics
-a decent challenge

Hopefully it lives up to the hype!

Blastoise

Banned
OH MY LAWD!!! THIS GAME PLAYS BEAUTIFULLY ON THE VITA!!!

I have Fez on PC,MAC,360,PS4,PS3 and now Vita.

I would definitely buy a Vita for this game alone. The port is perfect.

Can you "finish" the game without getting into any of the "my brain wants to explode" puzzles.
Played it on 360 but only got so far because of complete confusion of the map. Want to try it again but don't want to need to jot down pages of notes and visit the internet every 5 minutes.

Yep, you can beat the game with 32 cubes. However, many of the blue cubes aren't that difficult and are very attainable, so you might miss a few yellow ones there are plenty of attainable blues to be found. And hey, along the ride you might even will yourself to get the crazy ones.

Playing for first time. And in 3D
So, your lack of a response to everyone's question of "HOW" leads me to believe your post is BS. All indications are that you have to collect all cubes before 3D is available (which is ridiculous IMO)... nonetheless, please tell us how you are playing FEZ for the first time "in 3D"...

I truly hope you know something we all don't... because I want to play FEZ in 3D without having to beat the game first.
3D being behind a PlayWALL is... disappointing.

Pop

I have never played Fez. It looks great and something I could enjoy. Don't know if I wanna buy it though.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

Now that I think about it, the 360 version wasn't 60fps, was it?

RK128

Got the game a few hours ago and was really surprised at how good it is :). The games visuals really pop off of the Vita's screen, the controls are great with the Vita's killer D-Pad, and the gameplay/level design makes wonderful use of its dimension mechanic (it really does change the way 2D Platformers can be played). The music is also really great too. Between this, Steamworld Dig and Luftrausers, the Vita really got some great new indie games :).

The audio in Fez is insane. I haven't had a game light up my subwoofer like this in... a long time. Audible perfection... the visuals don't hurt either.

So I do think you have to unlock 3D potentially. Strangely when playing for 2 hours tonight about an hour in my TV said "3D signal has been detected, Hit 3D on remote to switch to 3D" When I did it just switched to the built in converter mode the TV has that converts any 2D image to 3D, not true 3D. So the game is pushing a 3D signal periodically, which is strange.

Or, tinfoil hat firmly on head, what if a 3D signal is only pushed when something hidden is on screen that can only be revealed by 3D? What if!?

Edit: When I saw it I was in the pink water where there is a small temple you have to solve a simple puzzle for. I swam out to the right just to see what was there and a little bit out I got that message. I swam back a bit and then hit the 3D button, but like I said just the TV converter.

AEREC

Vita version is pretty amazing...never thought they could get it to run at 60fps and still look like every other version.

Top Bottom