• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

Waiting for a larger sale/most of the game to be forgotten before I double dip, so while I wait, I have a question for PS4FEZZERS:

Do they do anything with the lightbar/touch pad on this? I think I remember Blitworks teasing something with the light bar...

I want a 3d display just for this game. I could only imagine how amazing it would be.

I came to this conclusion after spending my very first 10 minutes with the game, on the Vita. i was only able to play for about 30 minutes total. But my glob, this game is something else. Something amazing!

The Vita version is awesome. My only concern is that the resolution is perhaps just a hair too low for some of the text, specifically the weird symbol stuff.

Can anyone comment on the difficulty of this game?

Mechanically there's extremely little difficulty, but once you start getting to the meat of the game's puzzles, secret stuff and general insanity/awesomeness, there's some head-scratching involved. Bring a notepad.

Finally got to play a couple of hours of the Vita version this morning. Great port so far! Maybe I'll actually beat it this time around.

VanWinkle

I have to say I'm not really liking this game. I was really excited for it. I don't like the movement and jump physics, and the it feels really non-structured which I hate. I thought it would be like that first village where you just go around on one area looking for all of the cubes, but there's all of these doors that go between a bunch of different buildings that I can't tell if its supposed to be part of one level or what.

That wasn't a mistake. Also a very fun game.

Yup.

Game looks really great on Vita. The colours really pop.

Maybe I'll finish it this time around, but I never understood the whole having to decipher the made up language thing. We'll see...

Either way, I'm supporting this because I think we need more games like it.

Phil, you can bring Fez 2 back... I'd buy it.

RaikuHebi

Banned
They've got to get these things ready beforehand, set on a programmed timer or something, so they become available at midnight. I don't get how they can advertise today as the release date and still not have it up at nearly 5pm.

TheGamer

Although I got this game through the Humble Bundle awhile back and never launched it, I decided to pick it up again for the Vita version. From what I've been reading about in this thread, it seems that the puzzles may be hard to complete, but everyone seems to love this game, so I'll try it out.

Chopper

They've got to get these things ready beforehand, set on a programmed timer or something, so they become available at midnight. I don't get how they can advertise today as the release date and still not have it up at nearly 5pm.
Agreed. I mean, the Wii did this at midnight, like clockwork, 5+ years ago!

I'm pretty sure that the store never updates before 4 PM.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Yes, it's ridiculous.

jbartee

New players complaining that 3D is a locked feature (no real spoilers, just general comments about artistic intent, but tagged just in case):

This ties deeply into the game's mechanical/narrative/thematic structure. Try not to think of it as a "feature" that's artificially locked—it's part of the ludonarrative progression of the game, just be patient and prepare to have your minds blown as you get deeper down the rabbit hole.

Dragnet

Getting the feeling it's gonna be one of those 'sorry guys, technical issues so we're pushing the update to tomorrow' days...

smoothj

Bought. Can't wait to try it when I get home. I have my Vita on me but it's full :/

I really need to get a bigger memcard.

Top Bottom