• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

-GJ-

Still 0 results in the webshop and it's not available in the PSN Store on my Vita yet. I'm happy to hear it's being added though :). Enjoy, EuroGAF!

Danlord

This is what I get;

zkjNeV0.png

Quick edit; Direct link to it and I can add to basket;

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...P4427-CUSA00382_00-FEZTHEGAMEPOLYTR?smcid=sen

Danlord

I have it downloading now, getting pretty excited :)

I've bought the PS4 version, but I'm right in thinking that in my Download List that it will also have the Vita and PS3 version there too? I know it's cross-buy but I don't think I've bought anything that's cross-buy before so I don't know how it works.

Kensuke

I've bought the PS4 version, but I'm right in thinking that in my Download List that it will also have the Vita and PS3 version there too? I know it's cross-buy but I don't think I've bought anything that's cross-buy before so I don't know how it works.

Yes, all versions appear in your download list.

Ridley327

Yeah, as soon as you buy one version of the game, you'll get the others in your download list. Just find it on your system of choice and begin downloading.

Chopper

itshappening.gif

jCMXyBI.jpg

I couldn't make any sense of the store. But once I had it downloading on my PS4, I just used the download list on my Vita. Great feature.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Had to rebuy just to stroll around on my vita... Lol

Good times

Edit: wow, really impressed at how it's running!

Please enjoy this, eu psn'ers :)

RaikuHebi

Banned
Completed the first level and am going to test the cross-play with Vita now :).

Well worth the wait. This is a very special game and I'm sure it's going to find a place in my heart alongside my lifetime favourites.

Sound, art, gameplay, world, NPCs. This has it all.

It's like an idealistic idea of a Japanese game, yet made by a Canadian guy.

So I've played for a little over an hour and the stats tell me I'm at like 21% completion so I thought I'd share some of my impressions of the game so far:

Pros:
-This game is beautiful. The colors are amazing (especially on the Vita's screen) and I love how the sky changes color over time. It looks like a pleasing 2D retro aesthetic, but the fact that it is secretly
3D!!
makes it look beautiful when you shift perspectives. Everything about the aesthetic is great even down to the world map which I just spend some time fiddling around with because it's so pleasing to look at and manipulate.
-I love the dimensional shifting puzzle solving. It makes you think a little bit, it's creative, and using the perspective shift just looks so stunning, it never gets old. But holy shit this game must have taken for-fuckin-ever to make.
-The music is great. I love me a good soundtrack, and this game has some very beautiful tunes.
-The frame rate is solid, with only a few instances of slowdown and the resolution is great on the Vita's screen.

Cons:
-As fun and well implemented the shifting mechanic is, the actual handling of the characters movement leaves plenty of room for improvement. It just feels a little sluggish, especially while climbing you go soooo slow. Something is slightly off about the jumping too, maybe it's a bit too floaty. The world would be a lot more fun to explore (not that it's not fun) if your character were more mobile and (I don't know if this is the right word to use) bouncy. It should feel exhilarating to physically explore, but instead I'm marveling at the world construction and occasionally fumbling with Gomez's controls and wishing he could go faster because it's a pain in the ass to fall down and then be forced to climb all the way back up at his super slow speed.
-Similar to my first complaint I think you should be able to drop further without dying, as you really can't fall from very high. But this isn't too bad because there's really no penalty for dying except when it occasionally respawns you somewhere inconvenient.
-There are some annoying, but tiny, load times when you go through doors or warp. It's not a big deal but it just breaks up the flow of exploring when you want to check out a room but you have to wait a bit.

Overall I'm really enjoying the game, and I'm looking forward to delving deeper into its world and mysteries. I'm curious about the secrets and hidden language in the game. There were a couple rooms that were marked as having secrets but I literally couldn't find anything I could interact with in them, even after rotating perspectives a ton. Hopefully the language isn't too hard to decode either because it's everywhere.

FHIZ

So I barely scratched the surface of this when I bought it on XBLA... Now, I've figured out two of the secret languages and codes... holy shit this gets overwhelming fast. Sort of amazing, though.

Deadstar

Bought fez for xbox. Didn't beat it. Bought fez on pc. Didn't play it. Will probably triple dip on ps4 and finally beat it. Need to break in that ps4 controller.

Danlord

Just looking at the credits, I noticed it says Polytron Corporation 2013 for copyright, shouldn't it be 2014? :p I also note that Marie's 'thanks' say Shahid Amad, but it's spelt Shahid Ahmad unless it's an alternative spelling :)

I've got 3 cubes now, pretty smart and already it's starting to hurt my head, but I welcome it with open arms, thanks Phil Fish, Polytron and Blitworks for bringing it over to PS! :)

wouwie

Just played for about an hour and loved it. Superb presentation with nice graphics, great music and atmosphere. Gameplay seems great fun too and the whole thing plays super smooth on PS4. I'm certainly going to check it out on vita too. My lack of orientation will probably result in getting lost completely in a lot of occasions though :)

One question though: i assume you need to go back to certain worlds after acquiring stuff to unlock all the secrets? Can you do that at any time before or after the main game ends?

Anyway, super glad i can finally play this.

Ridley327

Just played for about an hour and loved it. Superb presentation with nice graphics, great music and atmosphere. Gameplay seems great fun too and the whole thing plays super smooth on PS4. I'm certainly going to check it out on vita too. My lack of orientation will probably result in getting lost completely in a lot of occasions though :)

One question though: i assume you need to go back to certain worlds after acquiring stuff to unlock all the secrets? Can you do that at any time before or after the main game ends?

Anyway, super glad i can finally play this.

You can always go back any time. The New Game+ in this is little more than just continuing where you left off at, but with one additional ability to help you solve more puzzles.

K' Dash

First timer here, just played 2 sessions, one on Vita and one on PS4, cross save works beautiful, the game is GOOD.

Any tried 3D on the PS4 version of the game yet?

I'm going out right now, but I'll try the 3D as soon as I come back, need to charge the 3D glasses anyway :)

Chopper

Just played around for about an hour and a half. I am loving the aesthetic, the controls and the 3D mechanic. Alot of fun. I also tested out the cross-save feature, and it worked absolutely flawlessly and instantaneously between my PS4 and Vita. Next gen baby.

My one concern is that I am completely failing to get my head around the "map". I keep going through doors, apparently further and further into the world. The one time I found a warp point that took me "back" to an area I'd already been to, I didn't recognize where I was at all and just went through another door and kept going.

Top Bottom