• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

There is the type that try to build up play from the back or midfield (possession football), who will score around 2 goals per game unless the other team self destructs.

And then there is the type that use the LB button (or L1) and pass, counter attacking and managing to be outside your area within three passes. This stretches out your defence and more likely to get you results. Generally this has always been the case, even since FIFA 09. But I find it interesting in FIFA 11 when you have 4 defenders back and they can be tested by just two fast strikers playing the 1-2 passes.

Cardigan

Anybody got any tips for completing accomplishments? I can't score a volley or chip from outside the box to save my life.

Magicked

jeffpm said:
Anybody got any tips for completing accomplishments? I can't score a volley or chip from outside the box to save my life.

Plug in a second controller and play against yourself? :D

It's cheating, I know.

k0ji-wd

jeffpm said:

If you're talking about the arena ones. . .

For the volley: Do the simple Rainbow (forward, back, back) to setup the volley. (Don't let the ball hit the ground before you strike, otherwise won't be counted.)

For the chip: Dribble inside the box, when the keeper comes off his line, turn and dribble towards the edge of the box, he'll follow you, then quickly turn and hit a chip, it might take a few tries.

Got to 35% done in one session, VPs 81 overall already, nice!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I like the new through passing, it is great

one thing I hate is that sometimes the defenders sort of push you with kinetic energy like they have the force or something.

Anyone else having trouble getting enough weight onto through balls? I can't seem to hit them hard enough. The short ones aren't a problem, but any time I try and put a long one down the sideline or through the middle, they don't go as far as I'd like even if I charge them up all the way.

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Anyone else having trouble getting enough weight onto through balls? I can't seem to hit them hard enough. The short ones aren't a problem, but any time I try and put a long one down the sideline or through the middle, they don't go as far as I'd like even if I charge them up all the way.

Playing on full manual, I really have to power them up. It takes some time to get used to it.

Cardigan

k0ji-wd said:
If you're talking about the arena ones. . .

For the volley: Do the simple Rainbow (forward, back, back) to setup the volley. (Don't let the ball hit the ground before you strike, otherwise won't be counted.)

For the chip: Dribble inside the box, when the keeper comes off his line, turn and dribble towards the edge of the box, he'll follow you, then quickly turn and hit a chip, it might take a few tries.

Got to 35% done in one session, VPs 81 overall already, nice!
Thanks for the tips. I've been playing for 3 days and only have 21% :lol

thomasbk

Roxas said:
So is there any interest in a PS3 Neogaf club? I'll set one up if there is enough interest?

Im interested! And there were at least 12 other people interested in another thread (or was it this one?), but usually almost every one backs out from ps3 leagues :p

I dont have my game yet, so I would join in a few days!

Magicked said:
Playing on full manual, I really have to power them up. It takes some time to get used to it.
I've tried that and it hasn't worked that well for me. Let's say I'm the right back and the right wing is down the line about 20-25 yards from me. I'd like to put a ball in front of him to run onto, but if I power up the through ball all the way it just hits a slow roller down the line that takes forever to get there if it even makes it. Guess I'll screw around with it some more tonight and see if I can get it to work.

Magicked

Cornballer said:
I've tried that and it hasn't worked that well for me. Let's say I'm the right back and the right wing is down the line about 20-25 yards from me. I'd like to put a ball in front of him to run onto, but if I power up the through ball all the way it just hits a slow roller down the line that takes forever to get there if it even makes it. Guess I'll screw around with it some more tonight and see if I can get it to work.

That's odd. Are you on full manual? If not, I wonder if the AI is doing something to hinder it.

I guess you can also try to play the ball in the air, but this isn't a great solution.

2upagap.jpg
Vs
w20dpd.gif

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/38855445

Meus - Porto
Slizz - A. Madrid

Link updated

Magicked said:
That's odd. Are you on full manual? If not, I wonder if the AI is doing something to hinder it.

I guess you can also try to play the ball in the air, but this isn't a great solution.
Nope, not on full manual right now - passing is on semi but I think through ball is on assisted. That's a good idea - I'll tweak the settings tonight and see if that helps.

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Nope, not on full manual right now - passing is on semi but I think through ball is on assisted. That's a good idea - I'll tweak the settings tonight and see if that helps.

I bet that's it. I actually think EA dumbed down the through ball passing this year on assisted rather than truly fixing the defense AI (although they did improve it). Before I switched to manual, I noticed many of my through passes would be placed at the worst possible spots, and they were constantly intercepted.

Magicked said:
I bet that's it. I actually think EA dumbed down the through ball passing this year on assisted rather than truly fixing the defense AI (although they did improve it). Before I switched to manual, I noticed many of my through passes would be placed at the worst possible spots, and they were constantly intercepted.
Are you on full manual for everything right now? I might leave regular passing and shooting on semi, and go for manual on everything else.

Screw you ea, theyve taken away random teams when you play a unranked game. Me and a friend use to always play random teams three presses of the x button boooooooo.

rac

Banned
Anyone having trouble signing into easportsfootball.com? When I first got the game I just chose to go with the email that's linked to my gamertag which didn't ask you for a password and now I can't figure out what it is. Password retrieval is no help because it isn't sending me anything.

iFootball

rac said:
Anyone having trouble signing into easportsfootball.com? When I first got the game I just chose to go with the email that's linked to my gamertag which didn't ask you for a password and now I can't figure out what it is. Password retrieval is no help because it isn't sending me anything.

No, I just tried... no problem here

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Are you on full manual for everything right now? I might leave regular passing and shooting on semi, and go for manual on everything else.

Yup. It's really fun once you get used to it. Although, it definitely requires a lot more concentration! :lol

Magicked

Foob said:

Very nice goal. :)

Bungieware said:
So many average goals with poor camera angles. Does anyone want to tell me whether 2 vs 2 is in this year?

Probably because no one knows or cares to look. I assume you're talking about online?

I do agree about the camera angles though. I think it's one thing PES has really nailed. They seem to take their camera angles from real TV matches, so it looks very natural.

Magicked said:
Very nice goal. :)

Probably because no one knows or cares to look. I assume you're talking about online?

I do agree about the camera angles though. I think it's one thing PES has really nailed. They seem to take their camera angles from real TV matches, so it looks very natural.

I'm talking about the camera angles people are using to save their replays. Terrible decisions on their part.

Also, the default camera angle changes depending on what stadium you are in. And you can choose from a wide selection of angles.... and even then you can edit the height and zoom from the angle you chose. When it comes to camera angles, they really couldn't do much better.

Magicked

Bungieware said:
I'm talking about the camera angles people are using to save their replays. Terrible decisions on their part.

Also, the default camera angle changes depending on what stadium you are in. And you can choose from a wide selection of angles.... and even then you can edit the height and zoom from the angle you chose. When it comes to camera angles, they really couldn't do much better.

I haven't seen a camera angle I like in user-created replays other than the default tele angle.

As for the comparison with PES camera angles, it's most noticeable during the halftime/fulltime replays. I really think FIFA needs a lot of work in this area.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Man, i wanna like the game but...there's no flash. I don't feel like the players do what i want them to do, is like i'm playing a game of dice. I'm too used to the speed of Pro Evo, to the feeling of freedom when the ball gets on a players feet and i know that i can move around like i want, he will do what i'm telling him to do, and i can do a run without feeling like the player is about to dismantle himself every time he gets near anything.

Tf53

WrikaWrek said:
Man, i wanna like the game but...there's no flash. I don't feel like the players do what i want them to do, is like i'm playing a game of dice. I'm too used to the speed of Pro Evo, to the feeling of freedom when the ball gets on a players feet and i know that i can move around like i want, he will do what i'm telling him to do, and i can do a run without feeling like the player is about to dismantle himself every time he gets near anything.
Have you tried sucking less?

What skill moves do you all use? I tend to abuse the ball roll, but I don't end up using much of the more fancy stuff. Just curious what's been effective both online and versus the AI on higher difficulty levels.

Cardigan

Cornballer said:
What skill moves do you all use? I tend to abuse the ball roll, but I don't end up using much of the more fancy stuff. Just curious what's been effective both online and versus the AI on higher difficulty levels.
I like to use the heel chop, especially when I've only got one more defender to beat.

Slizz

Cornballer said:
Stop and Turn <3

Scored at least 3 goals online with it. I'm actually having troubles doing the minor skill moves online, but rainbow flicks and spin moves are automatic.

Magicked

Cornballer said:

LOVE the heel chop. Starting to use the stop and turn more often. I definitely need to learn some others though.

Game itself is pretty fun. Crosses are not as useless as they were in 10. I could do without the shitty shitty menus monstrosity shit. I mean, how many screens do i need to push through to get to the game? I have to select the language everytime? Why is it logging into shit i dont care, loading crap, doing things i dont even understand, wtf. It's like a goddamn giant bullshit factory. Even menus have goddamn loading times, wtf, you're loading a fucking menu how taxing is that??
But yeah, the actual game part of the game is fun.

Top Bottom