• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

Magicked

I'm finally starting to get the hang of all manual controls. It's soooo satisfying when you string together a bunch of nice passes (oh, and score). :D

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Chriswok said:
Yup, we have Tiote and Ben Arfa. Alan Smith is a midfielder. However, there's still plenty of strange things happen with Newcastle. Kevin Nolan is apparently a fitness freak and a World Class Workhorse...

José Enrique is a longshot master.
Joey Barton is 5'11"

lol i started a career mode with newcastle because i love nolan. There's no greater player in the game than nolan because he can go ANYWHERE and be great. now that they inexplicably gave him more lungs than ji sung park he became absolutely god like.

Decado

Magicked said:
I'm finally starting to get the hand of all manual controls. It's soooo satisfying when you string together a bunch of nice passes (oh, and score). :D
How are manual controls impacted by player stats?

Lunchbox

Banned
first 4 matches online-

0-0 vs barcelona
0-0 vs barcelona
1-0 vs barcelona
0-0 vs barcelona

omgzzz this is soooooooo fun right now :|

edit - YES someone didnt pick barca!! and its Arsenal :lol

Magicked

Decado said:
How are manual controls impacted by player stats?

Seems to be somewhat. It's hard to tell because I misplace passes A LOT. It's very very noticeable though when a player is strongly one footed and you attempt to make a pass with the other, or if a player is really off balance. These passes tend to be weak and they go astray almost all the time. It's tough.

I'm really enjoying it though. I've set the time for each half at 10 minutes, and I've put the game on slow speed. It really starts to feel much closer to a real football match. :D

Edit: I'm playing on world class as well.

There is confusion between me and others regards to the defending Direct Freekicks, specially the wall. In FIFA 10, you could highlight one of the players in the wall if you wanted to make it jump or move. In FIFA 11, I can't seem to highlight the wall at all, but I am able to make it move left and right. Having said that, I have been unable to make it jump. I've tried several times. The problem is, it supposedly works that way for some and not for others. Can anyone confirm their own experiences? The interesting thing is, if you keep flicking through highlighted players, EVENTUALLY it'll alow you to select a player in the wall

Slizz

Meus Renaissance said:
There is confusion between me and others regards to the defending Direct Freekicks, specially the wall. In FIFA 10, you could highlight one of the players in the wall if you wanted to make it jump or move. In FIFA 11, I can't seem to highlight the wall at all, but I am able to make it move left and right. Having said that, I have been unable to make it jump. I've tried several times. The problem is, it supposedly works that way for some and not for others. Can anyone confirm their own experiences?
You don't have to be a defender on the line to get them to jump. I usually post up with a player guarding opposite post of the wall. Right when the guy is going to kick the ball press Y for 360 or Triangle for PS3 that's how you get the wall to jump

JWong

Banned
Lunchbox said:
first 4 matches online-

0-0 vs barcelona
0-0 vs barcelona
1-0 vs barcelona
0-0 vs barcelona

omgzzz this is soooooooo fun right now :|

edit - YES someone didnt pick barca!! and its Arsenal :lol
I'm surprised Real Madrid isn't mixed in there. That's usually who gets chosen as well.

You really good Fifa guys out there should pick the worst team and beat them with it. It'll probably stop them from picking Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, or ManU.

Worst team is Bray Wanderers from Republic of Ireland according to stats.

Slizz said:
You don't have to be a defender on the line to get them to jump. I usually post up with a player guarding opposite post of the wall. Right when the guy is going to kick the ball press Y for 360 or Triangle for PS3 that's how you get the wall to jump

Updated my post. I've tried this advice several times and it's not working for me. It's not working for one or two on the Forums as well. Others are able to select man in the wall first time no problem. It seems to be randomly affecting people?

Whats up guys? i just bought fifa 11 and am looking to play against fellow gaffers

Gamertag:Rather Play PS3

I play WE/PES but i am getting both this year and look forward to matches, so far online aspect is better on fifa than PES.

MPW

passing is a pain the the ass

not having fun at all (first current gen fifa)

scoring is hard as hell

WTF did they do to the pk system? most my shots go skyward

this fifa is not noob friendly :(

k0ji-wd

wtf the club just dissapeared :lol seriously EA, fuck.

Recreating now, everyone'll have to rejoin.

wtf can't create new club now. . .uhhhhghhhh will give it some time, maybe it'll sort itself out.

JWong

Banned
k0ji-wd said:
wtf the club just dissapeared :lol seriously EA, fuck.

Recreating now, everyone'll have to rejoin.

wtf can't create new club now. . .uhhhhghhhh will give it some time, maybe it'll sort itself out.
PS3 or 360?

jlevel13

I'm having a bit of a hard time with this game so far. There's so much I like about it (all the little animations and overall smoothness and feel), but I just can't seem to score, to the point it's getting frustrating and absurd, and I can't exactly figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't really want to knock it down another difficulty level (have already knocked it down to pro), but I've played eleven games and scored just three times. I'm not giving up goals either - I think just three (or four). So it's these frustrating 0-0 draws. It just seems like defense is very powerful, especially the way players now sort of drag all over you - it seems extremely hard to get any kind of decent space. Any advice?

Sol.. said:
lol i started a career mode with newcastle because i love nolan. There's no greater player in the game than nolan because he can go ANYWHERE and be great. now that they inexplicably gave him more lungs than ji sung park he became absolutely god like.

Say wutttttttttttttt???? lol nolans pretty average and going off chriswoks post they have over stated him after one decent season in the league below the prem. I wonder if charlie adam gets the same treatment.:lol

jlevel13 said:
I'm having a bit of a hard time with this game so far. There's so much I like about it (all the little animations and overall smoothness and feel), but I just can't seem to score, to the point it's getting frustrating and absurd, and I can't exactly figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't really want to knock it down another difficulty level (have already knocked it down to pro), but I've played eleven games and scored just three times. I'm not giving up goals either - I think just three (or four). So it's these frustrating 0-0 draws. It just seems like defense is very powerful, especially the way players now sort of drag all over you - it seems extremely hard to get any kind of decent space. Any advice?

Stick with it mate, with practise you will get better. Try wing play its always been a good way of attack on fifa. I know you say its hard and frustrating but the games you talk about is very much like the real game of football.:D

Quick note - remember to back out and have the system autosave every once in a while if you're playing in exhibition mode. I played about 7-8 matches using "rematch" to work on some accomplishments for my VP, and the game crashed after a PK shootout. I lost everything that I'd done in that session. This happened in FIFA10 quite a few times, but I figured they ironed it out in this version - guess I was wrong. :(

Nyx

jlevel13 said:

Remember to use LT/L1 a lot to keep the ball close to you, especially when receiving a pass.
Also use the right analog stick when receiving a pass so that you can flick the ball into the direction you want to run right away, these things should help in giving you just that bit of space you need.

Remember that first touch is very important in Fifa.

And as already mentioned, use your wingers, and play crossballs.

I like the addition of choosing a ref, but only because I can yell at a "person" instead of just a model. My pride needs someone to blame when I get destroyed by the guy sitting next to me. :lol

Hixx

supermackem said:
Say wutttttttttttttt???? lol nolans pretty average and going off chriswoks post they have over stated him after one decent season in the league below the prem. I wonder if charlie adam gets the same treatment.:lol

Adam has a 74 rating iirc :lol

iNvid02

i dunno what happened, i was looking forward to it (as i end up doing for every fifa release), played the demo and it was pretty good, and now i just cancelled ma pre-order. i think its because of the brotherhood beta, im really liking it so far

Snowballo

I just tried the game, but just friendly matches in my own nation menu.

A few questions:

- Is it easy to find SEMI and MANUAL classified matches?
- Do we really have some kind of League for Manual players only?
- Are the Quitters punished in this new version? Or it is like in World Cup that you loose 3-0 and make your quit% worse?

Thanks.

Ah, players' faces are by far better in Pes 2011 (and in World Cup too), no dubts about it. But when you check the details this game fuc*ing rock!!
A few shots I got my my old 3G.

foto1nv.jpg

foto3te.jpg

Quick favour as I'm not going to be able to pick a copy up until the weekend, could someone check if Bristol Rovers have a sponsor on their shirt this year.

Cheers

ElyrionX

Playing on the default setup with assists, the game doesn't feel any different from FIFA 10. Maybe it's because I haven't played FIFA 10 since last November so my memory of what that feels like is a little hazy.

Also, the game feels a tad easy on World Class. I have no problems beating Chelsea when using Man U.

Probably because you're playing with assists on, its basically football on rails. Turn manual on, and it'll be a lot harder. The players also come into their own in regards to attributes with manual on too.

Plasma

Banned
My Zavvi order still hasn't been dispatched, think I'll pick it up at Asda instead.

Does anyone know if Asda start selling the game at midnight or do I have to go in early in the morning?

Booo i hate 360 and there shitness, i want to get custom chants but becuse there anal ill have to go and buy a blank cd i mean who uses them anymore.:lol

LukeT

Neo Member
supermackem said:
Decent season? Take his goals away and he was poor which was proved after Christmas when he stopped scoring.

k0ji-wd

SmokinGunZ1981 said:
Quick favour as I'm not going to be able to pick a copy up until the weekend, could someone check if Bristol Rovers have a sponsor on their shirt this year.

Cheers

Yes, they're licensed kits (both home and away with different sponsors).

Who fancies a game? Curently installing the game on HDD

Plasma said:
My Zavvi order still hasn't been dispatched, think I'll pick it up at Asda instead.

Does anyone know if Asda start selling the game at midnight or do I have to go in early in the morning?

Most ASDA stores are 24 hrs so yes, they would sell it you at midnight

Snowballo

Snowballo said:
A few questions:

- Is it easy to find SEMI and MANUAL classified matches?
- Do we really have some kind of League for Manual players only?
- Are the Quitters punished in this new version? Or it is like in World Cup that you loose 3-0 and make your quit% worse?

Thanks.

Com'on! :D

Rad-

So I guess it's normal that the Fifa.com generated gameface doesn't look anything like the ingame gameface?

Slizz

Meus Renaissance said:
Who fancies a game? Curently installing the game on HDD

Most ASDA stores are 24 hrs so yes, they would sell it you at midnight
You have too many friends and I can't add you and I dunno how to search for a gamertag and ask them to a match.

Nice to see the gulf in difficulty settings is hilariously vast, once again - as West Ham I played a match against Valencia on Professional, 0-0 draw, couldn't get an inch of space so I turned it down to Semi-Pro, 10-0 West Ham :lol

Razgreez

Rad- said:
So I guess it's normal that the Fifa.com generated gameface doesn't look anything like the ingame gameface?

You guessed it. I just gave up in the end after trying 3 times. My face kept looking too small or too big for my player's head

Curiously the online gameface profile looked fine, that and the gameface that pops up in the corner of the screen when you're in the menu but as soon as they move the face on to the actual player it was disproportioned

Anyone else having this problem, the only time it will let me into an online game is when I am logged out of the EA servers when I try to go into a head to head quickmatch. If I try to find a game when I am already logged into the EA servers it will kick me out every time and say I lost connection to the EA servers.

Top Bottom