• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

Mihku

Fistwell said:
Game itself is pretty fun. Crosses are not as useless as they were in 10. I could do without the shitty shitty menus monstrosity shit. I mean, how many screens do i need to push through to get to the game? I have to select the language everytime? Why is it logging into shit i dont care, loading crap, doing things i dont even understand, wtf. It's like a goddamn giant bullshit factory. Even menus have goddamn loading times, wtf, you're loading a fucking menu how taxing is that??

Menus are horrible since 07 or so. Cold start to exhibition match is 12 button presses minimum. You don't have to be a UI expert to see that's a problem. Fifa 11 didn't arrive here yet, but I guess it's the same all over again.

Why don't they get rid of these for starters:
- The language screen: should be system language like every other game.
- The "press start" screen, no idea why it's there
- Confirming autosave every single time

Hope they throw the current menu style out for Fifa 12, it's long overdue.

Amneisac

Rad- said:
So Pro online matchmaking is still broken? Sigh EA. This is why I stopped playing Fifa 10 last year.

We've had a lot of problems with getting matches. It will occasionally just lock up the whole club and we all have to dashboard and go back into the game.

Rad- said:
So Pro online matchmaking is still broken? Sigh EA. This is why I stopped playing Fifa 10 last year.

Give it a day or two. Last year's release took a few days for the servers to catch up, though I did manage a few BAP Ranked games this morning (UK).

adelante

Amneisac said:
We've had a lot of problems with getting matches. It will occasionally just lock up the whole club and we all have to dashboard and go back into the game.
Same thing happens when my club tries to start a practice match. Goddamn, have had the game for 3 nights now and we've not been able to play a single match!! The other funny thing is I actually managed to get into a Pro Ranked Match last night but for some reason I can't even find an opponent today. It's a good thing Career Mode's actually beyond decent this year.

MMaRsu

I picked this up earlier this week, only paid about 7 euro's after trading a few older games in. Really great, although it took some getting used too :).

Won a few games already, and already made a beautiful goal with Sneijder from a free kick. Man that guy is a beast. Inter is great as to be expected, however I do have some complaints about the stats.

Inter only 4.5 stars?

The Netherlands only 4.5 stars? They were fucking second in the world cup of 2010, and yet Brazil has 5 stars, but Netherlands 4.5? Goddamn ridiculous imo.

But if anyone wants to play a game tonight, let me know and I'll send you an invite. Lunchbox perhaps? :)

Still horribly slow menu's btw, what the fuck is up with that? You have a year to create a new menu, and not make it slow. Doesn't seem that hard to me.

MMaRsu said:
Still horribly slow menu's btw, what the fuck is up with that? You have a year to create a new menu, and not make it slow. Doesn't seem that hard to me.

EA menus are ALWAYS slow and cluttered with bullshit, it's fucking unforgivable the amount of crap you have to sit through just to get to a game, way too much loading.

agaru

The menus/UI of this game are the most unresponsive, cumbersome, inefficient, clumsy, impractical, fugly piece of dogshit ever existed in a videogame. How does this crap get a free pass every year? Fuck you, EA.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
agaru said:
The menus/UI of this game are the most unresponsive, cumbersome, inefficient, clumsy, impractical, fugly piece of dogshit ever existed in a videogame. How does this crap get a free pass every year? Fuck you, EA.
not from gaf :lol they are fucking horrible. actually i think the presentation as a whole is shit which is ironic considering the uninformed view is that ea sports games are all razzledazzle and no substantive gameplay when really it's the exact opposite

The menus for this game are atrocious. Just layer upon layer of useless crap that takes forever to load.
WJD said:
About 90% of my goals are headers. It's getting kind of tiring.
I am enjoying that headers are easier to score this go around. I always had problems scoring them in FIFA10.

MMaRsu

Cornballer said:
The menus for this game are atrocious. Just layer upon layer of useless crap that takes forever to load.I am enjoying that headers are easier to score this go around. I always had problems scoring them in FIFA10.

Cornballer, a few games later?

agaru

AstroLad said:
not from gaf :lol they are fucking horrible. actually i think the presentation as a whole is shit which is ironic considering the uninformed view is that ea sports games are all razzledazzle and no substantive gameplay when really it's the exact opposite
For real. It's like I get punished for having fun (i.e getting done with a good exciting match) by being dragged to this 'giant bullshit factory' as Fistwell described it. :lol Why the hell am I being taken all the way back to the arena after every H2H match. :/

MMaRsu

Cornballer said:
If you're still awake, we can play a few. I've still got a lot of work left, so it'll be a good 7-8 hours before I log on.

Hmm maybe.. It'll be 4AM by then, but it's possible I'll be awake :D

ColR100

People bringing up the menu's here and how unresponsive they are. Does installing to the HD on the 360 reduce this at all, and make them a little snappier?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
ColR100 said:
People bringing up the menu's here and how unresponsive they are. Does installing to the HD on the 360 reduce this at all, and make them a little snappier?
Shitty menus is an EA Sports trademark.

Tf53

ColR100 said:
If it does, I feel sorry for those who didn't install it. It's not too snappy installed either.

ColR100

cjelly said:
Shitty menus is an EA Sports trademark.
Tf53 said:
If it does, I feel sorry for those who didn't install it. It's not too snappy installed either.
Don't get my copy until tomorrow from Amazon, but I ask this mostly because this issue isn't always just related to EA Sports titles (although guessing by the comments they are far the worst), and installing has in the past tended to relieve this issue some what with some titles.

Can't wait to get the chants in there as well.

MMaRsu

ColR100 said:

It doesn't. Not that I noticed anyway, still slow and unresponsive.

Arnie

WJD said:
Nani cross. Berbatov header. Goal.

Everytime.
30lh0uc.jpg

Tf53

ColR100 said:
Don't get my copy until tomorrow from Amazon, but I ask this mostly because this issue isn't always just related to EA Sports titles (although guessing by the comments they are far the worst), and installing has in the past tended to relieve this issue some what with some titles.

Can't wait to get the chants in there as well.
World Cup 2010 was the worst so far. When you got out of an online game, it would show you the main menu, only to take you to another menu 2 seconds later.

I swear, EA lets the newly-hired interns design and implement the GUI. Then they fire them and hire new interns a year later to rush the next one out. Rinse and repeat.

Get'sMad

how fuckin retarded is "Custom Music" thing on PS3 for this game?

very

Like it's cool you can choose your own music for the start of the match, goals, etc..., but you can't put your own list to rock out to during games. You get the option to put ONE song of yours for menu screens. WOW. Nice job EA. Guess it's back to plugging the PS3 audio into the TV, announcers off and piping the tunes through the receiver/speakers.

Anyways, game is fun. Still need to get used to the pace compared to 10 and the passing quirks.

MMaRsu

modernkicks said:
how fuckin retarded is "Custom Music" thing on PS3 for this game?

very

Like it's cool you can choose your own music for the start of the match, goals, etc..., but you can't put your own list to rock out to during games. You get the option to put ONE song of yours for menu screens. WOW. Nice job EA. Guess it's back to plugging the PS3 audio into the TV, announcers off and piping the tunes through the receiver/speakers.

Anyways, game is fun. Still need to get used to the pace compared to 11 and the passing quirks.

What about if you make a playlist? 360 already has custom soundtracks ofcourse so yea..

Get'sMad

Wait, you're right you can do playlists.

Still I don't think you can listen to shit during the matches which is the most important thing.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
There's a lot of slowdown during replays in the demo, is it running smooth in the retail game?

Akim

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
So without having to read through the whole awesome thread can some folks give me PC impressions. Man I really wonder about it.

I've never played a Fifa game before, just recently got really into soccer. It runs really well on PC, but the controls are garbage unless you use a 360 controller.

t4ng0

Tf53 said:
World Cup 2010 was the worst so far. When you got out of an online game, it would show you the main menu, only to take you to another menu 2 seconds later.

I swear, EA lets the newly-hired interns design and implement the GUI. Then they fire them and hire new interns a year later to rush the next one out. Rinse and repeat.
There's no way that's what actually happens. If it did, the UI might be bad, but not THAT bad. Honestly its like they think that you power on your console, choose one thing to do, do it, and then turn the power back off.

blurrygil

The Creation Centre is pretty craptacular. Limited editing choices everywhere...especially crests and colors?!? REALLY???? Still, it's SOMETHING and I'll take it over nothing new.

I dig the chants. It's good stuff. Took me some time to figure the balance on audio so that you can hear your own chants better. I'm a massive Sounders and MLS supporter, so it's gonna take me a while, but I'm gonna f**kin get every supporters groups' chants in...at least the important ones.

Already, finding and listening to Chicago/S8 chants are bruuuuuuutal... X-(

Otherwise, I'm VERY impressed with the gameplay and the balance. At least now MLS PLAYS like dogs**t compared to the rest of the leagues.

Tons of fouls, sloppy passing and lucky goal ops. I'm okay with that....

MMaRsu

modernkicks said:
Wait, you're right you can do playlists.

Still I don't think you can listen to shit during the matches which is the most important thing.

You can't on 360 either, but actually you can because of custom soundtracks being hardcoded into the 360 software.

WJD

Sanjay said:
What control settings are you using? assisted, semi or manual?
Manual passing, semi crossing, manual shooting.

The fact it's so much harder to break down defences the normal way this time basically means I'm ending up with a lot of 1 or 2-0 wins through headers.

Kind of frustrating.

Wont be playing against it much but the AI is massively flawed. Pressing with a second player results in an interception and possession to you 8 out of 10 times.

Get'sMad

MMaRsu said:
You can't on 360 either, but actually you can because of custom soundtracks being hardcoded into the 360 software.

yeah yeah really need to get a 360 for that reason....when I first heard about custom soundtracks this year as all like FUCK YES as a PS3 owner, but then it didn't turn out like I expected. oh well.

anyways if any of you PS3 d00000dz are down for a game tonight you can get at me. I'll be playing most of the night!

psn: modernkicks7

Magicked

Bungieware said:
So many average goals with poor camera angles. Does anyone want to tell me whether 2 vs 2 is in this year?

In the match lobby, I see a section for 2v2. Haven't tried it though.

Get'sMad

I sure love to give up goals online by my own players running into each other or getting in the way of a pass towards my end.

Magicked

Holy fuck. Online is just the same as FIFA 10. It's ping pong passing and auto-assist controls. I guess if I'm going to play ranked matches I will have to play the same way. :(

I haven't been able to find a match with manual and slow speed yet either...

MMaRsu

No it's not the same online as Fifa10. Imo.

Anyway, here's a nice goal I made online :

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/38935994

But I only play Fifa online.. didn't play Fifa10 manager mode or career or whatnot.. probably not gonna do that with 11 either but Fifa11 is not the same online as 10. I have most things on Semi though.. don't know if that factors in with online. But I did beat like 5 dudes in a row lol.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wont be getting it tomorrow. I don't really have a good enough TV to play it on at the moment!

ElyrionX

Couple of things I noticed after several matches in career

1) Foul system is broken. Many obvious fouls simply do not get picked up by the ref and this might be just my imagination but the AI seems to get away with a lot of clear fouls. The advantage system is also broken. Too often, the ref plays the advantage but pulls back the ball for a free kick long after the fouled player has recovered and got tackled fairly.

2) Your teammates' AI is completely retarded. One of the things they often do is get in your way when you're dribbling. I found myself running into my teammates a lot while dribbling. Also, the AI does too much ball watching. This is inexcusable when it occurs in front of the goal. I've seen Rooney rooted to the spot and staring at the ball as it comes near him after the keeper punched away the shot I made with another striker.

Top Bottom