• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
All I ask for is that every complaint I had about Manager Mode last year will be rectified by the time I boot this game up in a few hours. Please EA~

WJD

speedpop said:
All I ask for is that every complaint I had about Manager Mode last year will be rectified by the time I boot this game up in a few hours. Please EA~
I don't know what your complaints were, but career mode is a huge improvement.

Magicked said:
How does scouting for new players work now?
Not sure if it's still in there. Supposedly they removed the fitness/coaching/stadium upgrades this year, so maybe they took out the scout, too?

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Not sure if it's still in there. Supposedly they removed the fitness/coaching/stadium upgrades this year, so maybe they took out the scout, too?

Yea, that's what I thought. I couldn't find it and wanted to make sure I wasn't blind (it's been known to happen). :D

Couple things on scouts from a quick search...

Q: For a scouted player that is not real, how does the system determine that player's personality style? Does it just use ratings based around whether or not the player acts like Ronaldinho when dribbling or would the player's origins also come into play? (An example might be that a Brazilian is a better dribbler while an English player is stronger on the pitch.)

A: The scouting feature from prior iterations of Manager mode has not been moved across into our new Career mode. In FIFA 11 Career mode, it’s a new scouting system. The scouts will look at real players and can be consulted on transfer searches and decisions. Before recommending a player to you, they will look at the financial means your club has as well as the type of player you need the most to build a complete squad.
Q: I heard that you can't scout made up players in fifa 11, is this true? if so, can you scout players from other team's academy's/youth system or can you only scout young players who are already in a team/reserves? Thanks

A: The scout has now changed that's true, though you can still search for youth players and some of them will not be tied to clubs I believe, again we didn't do this so I can't be 100% on this, though as I'll be starting in the lower reaches of Division 2, I will be using this option straight away...

Tf53

Wow, things have changed. Played two games online, tied one and lost one. The pace is a lot slower than before, and the passing requires a lot more accuracy (although it gives you a lot more freedom as well). I can see this taking up to a week or two to really get settled in (screw you single geeks who can play games for hours on end).

Whoa is me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tf53 said:
(screw you unemployed 20-somethings/truant teens who can play games for 90% of your waking hours)
Fixed. Although FIFA is one of those games that yeah I don't play it that much (I only get to game an hour or two on weekdays tops) but I can pretty much hang with absolutely anyone even in ranked. So suck on that losers!

qwerty2k

how the fuck do you get the virtual pro arena goalkeeper accomplishments, ive switched to being keeper but ive caught the ball and made a diving save and not got the accomplishments :(

Tf53

AstroLad said:
Fixed. Although FIFA is one of those games that yeah I don't play it that much (I only get to game an hour or two on weekdays tops) but I can pretty much hang with absolutely anyone even in ranked. So suck on that losers!
After becoming a parent, it's been an hour on a good day. And I was still tough as nails in WC.

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Couple things on scouts from a quick search...

Ahh, thanks. I did enjoy the way FIFA 10 did it, but only because I could exploit it. :lol I basically had a constant stream of good players coming in that I could sell for 10 million a piece. It was so easy to get a ton of money.

I like the idea of scouting real players though. We'll see how I like it after I've played for a while.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fistwell said:
Reeks of testosterone in here. Anyways, came to post i'm excited about the game.
Maybe you're thinking of the Madden thread? Or Halo Reach? :lol

Soccer fans are pretty effeminine and "euro."

Decado

How is the attacking AI in the full version?

One of my biggest issues with FIFA 10 was that higher difficulty levels made it harder to score, but even the best teams couldn't score on me. I felt like I could have a team full of strikers and they still would score. Tackling stats didn't seem to matter.

I see from the demo that holding down X still seems to give tacklers laser precision, despite actually ability, so I'm worried this will be the same this time around. It's one of the reasons I'm considering PES 11 this year.

Cardigan

qwerty2k said:
how the fuck do you get the virtual pro arena goalkeeper accomplishments, ive switched to being keeper but ive caught the ball and made a diving save and not got the accomplishments :(
I have the same problem. I'm thinking that you need to change your pro's position to GK in the edit menu.

Magicked

Decado said:
How is the attacking AI in the full version?

One of my biggest issues with FIFA 10 was that higher difficulty levels made it harder to score, but even the best teams couldn't score on me. I felt like I could have a team full of strikers and they still would score. Tackling stats didn't seem to matter.

I see from the demo that holding down X still seems to give tacklers laser precision, despite actually ability, so I'm worried this will be the same this time around. It's one of the reasons I'm considering PES 11 this year.

Seems to be pretty good so far. I've been playing mostly in MLS though in my career mode, so they've made some hilarious misses. In general, the AI is good at moving the ball and much better at dribbling.

Magicked said:
Ahh, thanks. I did enjoy the way FIFA 10 did it, but only because I could exploit it. :lol I basically had a constant stream of good players coming in that I could sell for 10 million a piece. It was so easy to get a ton of money.
Yup. Buy some 80+ rated kid on the cheap and sell him. I once had strikers with identical stats but different names. :lol This does sound more realistic, but it's going to be more difficult (or impossible) to build a team via scouting this time around.

Should have arrived today but the postman took it away again... *sigh* I bet he's sitting in the depot 5 minutes from here playing it now... the bastard.

jeffpm said:
I have the same problem. I'm thinking that you need to change your pro's position to GK in the edit menu.

yeah your VirtualPro has to be a keeper, then just press back/select and change to the keeper

to get the penalty kick saves ones you gotta get possession of the ball in the box then press left or right on the d-pad to initiate the PK, it was kind of a pain in the ass getting the ball sometimes, I had to make some diving saves then rundown the ball

Manual passing doesn't feel as 'loose' this year, almost feels guided. Not sure if that's to reflect your player's ability a bit more or not.

Slizz

Stop and Turn is soooooooooooo fucking satisfying when it works, especially online against someone:D

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/38652138

Tevez is a beast. Scored another goal right after that one to put my team up 2-1

Also no one wants to play sub 4* teams, it's kinda lame but makes the upset that much better lol beat someone with Newcastle and they were Bayern.

sneaky77

Cornballer said:
Played for a few hours last night. I like the way it handles, and it's a big leap since I didn't play any WC10. My VP is up and running, and I just tooled around in a few exhibition matches to boost some of my stats.

What control setups are people using? Semi? Manual?
Quality! :lol

I have passing on semi, everything else manual, need to work on my crossing

Slizz

Lunchbox said:
what did you do there? just tap right trigger and turn or something else? cause it looked more smoother than when i do it with a trigger tap

Hold Left trigger then flick the Right Analog stick towards the goal then flick it to the Right or Left depending on which way you want to turn.

k0ji-wd

Gaf Club Members:

Made a mistake for the times of match day three, they should be:

US EST GMT+4 9:00PM Saturday, 2nd October
UK BST GMT+1 2:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 11:00AM Sunday, 3rd October

LukeT

Neo Member
Slizz said:
Stop and Turn is soooooooooooo fucking satisfying when it works, especially online against someone:D

Tevez is a beast. Scored another goal right after that one to put my team up 2-1

Also no one wants to play sub 4* teams, it's kinda lame but makes the upset that much better lol beat someone with Newcastle and they were Bayern.
Do we have Ben Arfa and Tiote? Is Alan Smith still classed as a forward?

LukeT said:
Do we have Ben Arfa and Tiote? Is Alan Smith still classed as a forward?

Yup, we have Tiote and Ben Arfa. Alan Smith is a midfielder. However, there's still plenty of strange things happen with Newcastle. Kevin Nolan is apparently a fitness freak and a World Class Workhorse...

José Enrique is a longshot master.
Joey Barton is 5'11"

LukeT

Neo Member
Chriswok said:
Yup, we have Tiote and Ben Arfa. Alan Smith is a midfielder. However, there's still plenty of strange things happen with Newcastle. Kevin Nolan is apparently a fitness freak and a World Class Workhorse...

Joey Barton is 5'11"
Hahaha. Even when we were relegated we were still on more than the majority of premiership sides. You would have thought someone at EA might have noticed Nolan has the lungs of a 90 year old. I can't believe the blokes only 28!

Lunchbox

Banned
yay mail man came

7SgjT.jpg

Slizz

Chriswok said:

Joey Barton is 5'11"

Whenever I play with Newcastle, Alan Smith scores like all my goals.

LukeT said:
Hahaha. Even when we were relegated we were still on more than the majority of premiership sides. You would have thought someone at EA might have noticed Nolan has the lungs of a 90 year old. I can't believe the blokes only 28!

Don't worry. Football Manager 2011 has it covered :D

Slizz said:

How did you do this?

Anyone want a game right now? My Live GT is in my profile

Slizz

Meus Renaissance said:
How did you do this?

Anyone want a game right now? My Live GT is in my profile
Hold Left trigger then flick the Right Analog stick towards the goal then flick it to the Right or Left depending on which way you want to turn.

Gonna eat dinner but I'll add you. I'll be on later

Slizz said:

Gonna eat dinner but I'll add you. I'll be on later

Not working, probably not doing it right. What's the move called in the skills list?

Top Bottom