• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

ATF487

Just played some career mode, taking Liverpool to the top of the league.

For one of the cup games I put in David N'Gog and it was just like real life, his shots were getting blocked all the time and he was missing sitters. But Ryan Babel scored the game winner so it wasn't totally true to form.

I think crosses are better into open spaces in this version, but it's really hard to jockey for position on things like corners and crosses into the box from the wings. Still figuring things out though

EraldoCoil said:
help me not suck....

I lost to the computer twice in a row 4-0 and just got stomped online 10-0

I just cant get a decent attack going, i'm always on the defense....any tips?
I also beat him 2-1.

Playing at his house has convinced me to buy the game. Picking it up next week.

shoplifter

Definitely some odd stuff going on unless they just programmed in some absolute incompetence for referees. I'll slide tackle from behind, get NO ball, the ref will whistle the play dead and give ME a free kick.

Seen it occur several times now on various plays that at the very least should have resulted in a FK for the opposing team.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I'm still trying to figure out Pro Passing. All I can tell is that after a pass a little bracket will show up and I guess if you haven't hit it it's a less accurate pass. But it only seems to show up after you've made your input, and not even on all passes. So is it just there to notify you if you made a good pass or not or is it actually something that can be useful when you're making the pass? Because I may have missed it but when I'm actually making a pass I don't see any indicator other than just the meter filling up.

Blackhead

Redarse
I finally threw in the towel and got Fifa 11 today. My crowd is still made up of die hard PES fans though :/ Anyway, how do I setup a career mode(?) similar to Master League? The menus in Fifa are way more complicated than in PES...

Decado

How do you get a player who is part of a national team but whose club isn't in the game? Like J.S. Veron (Argentina).

The menus are awful in this game. How do you get back into your email? I unexpectedly had two transfer offers accepted, left that page to view the players' stats again (since you can't do so on the contract screen) and can't get it back again. Tried advancing and nothing is happening :(

I'm so disappointed with this game online. Admittedly, I've only played a couple of matches but it seems that it can never be a true test of skill in this game. Everything has to be done at 1/2 speed online due to the split second lag/input lag that comes as soon as you play someone over PSN, so quick shots/passes are impossible and timing a slide tackle is pretty much impossible.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Does anyone here own the PC version? I sold my xbox a couple of months back but i'm wanting it for my laptop and i'm gonna pick up a wired 360 pad seeing as my PC gamepad sucks.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Definitely feels like we'll have to love this game despite it's flaws, which is what the PES fans find themselves doing as well. The virtual pro stuff is just brilliant, I always get a buzz from completing something or scoring a cracking goal or making a great pass.

But to be honest I haven't even noticed pro passing, don't really know what it means or is referring to.

My impression of the White brackets was that's the pass assist. So if you hold the button until it's a full bar, the White bracket shows you how much of that power was actually used and it usually results in an underhit pass. Although since going manual I haven't remembered to see if it was still there, probably not.

Haven't noticed player personality either?

Can't get chants onto my xbox via USB, what the fuck Microsoft.

Rad-

EA really needs to fix the online. We got 1 and a half Club matches going on but most of the time it was just fighting with the menus. Though even when we got into the match, it was quite laggy.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Oh, great. So the same bug as last year where the game disconnects you from the EA servers because Career Mode hangs so much is still in.

And accomplishments STILL get forgotten like last year. FFS EA.

Gibbo

fucking game keeps freezing on me! I play one online game in the lobby- return to the lobby after the match, and the game freezes. Seems to occur very very often. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? 360 version here.

Can somebody do me a favour and see if game face is working? I'm trying to update mine but the application loads but there is no settings to change or edit.

agaru

Meus Renaissance said:
This. There is nothing you can do. What makes it worst is that your midfielders don't even get a second to turn - you get pressed, pressed and pressed and with this pro passing dynamic, you inadvertently pass the ball to someone else or pass to another team mate by which time the ball has got to him, that he won't have any time to do anything else.

:( Goodbye FIFA
Yeah, there's just something 'off' the more I play I notice. As soon as you get the ball to midfield, your player is surrounded by 2-3 opponents, and if you pass the ball to a teammate he'll spend more time in trapping/turning until realizing that he's now also covered or pressed. There's less time you have on the ball than in FIFA 10 or WC. And when playing against a human opponent, this becomes more frustrating as many of them (online) can keep holding the pressing button for the entire match without getting fatigued or tired because the stamina model still doesn't have a significant effect on player activity on the pitch.

AstroLad said:
So I'm still trying to figure out Pro Passing. All I can tell is that after a pass a little bracket will show up and I guess if you haven't hit it it's a less accurate pass. But it only seems to show up after you've made your input, and not even on all passes. So is it just there to notify you if you made a good pass or not or is it actually something that can be useful when you're making the pass? Because I may have missed it but when I'm actually making a pass I don't see any indicator other than just the meter filling up.

Yeah, the indicator's only purpose is to notify you if you've made a good well-weighted pass or not. Pro Passing from what I know is supposedly two parts:

- One part is built in the game engine and the gamer cannot adjust it, and that's the contextual errors of passes. For example, passing with the weaker foot or passing the ball on first touch, or passing it to 180 degrees backwards, or passing when your player's body isn't well composed... the game here adds error depending on your player's long/short passing attribute ratings.

- The second part can be adjusted by the gamer and that's the pass power assistance. If it's on, you won't have to weigh your passes, just a tap on the button should deliver a perfect pass to teammates. When it's off, you must take an effort to weigh the pass and that indicator appears on the bar after the pass is executed (kinda like a tool to help you to improve along the way, unlike the composure meter of PKs which shows you the sweet spot to hit before you execute the kick).

ElyrionX

I'm getting very frustrated playing the game againdt the AI. My AI teammates are practically braindead and the opposition AI is ridiculously good in World Class. Even when i lowered the difficulty a notch to Professional, the AI was still doing sone ridiculous stuff like dribbling as if every player it controled was Messi/Ronaldo.

:lol at people surprised at the lag. It's the first week/weekend it's been out. It will stabilize, just give it time. So far I've only had one match with lag on psn and it was towards the end of a pro ranked club match. It took about 1 minute on a black screen to catch up then a replay went in super slow motion for about another minute. Was surprised i wasn't frooze up but since I had still had access to the menu I just waited it out.

When playing pro ranked clubs with randoms I've been able to use classic view from the side. Is this a new feature?

I can't believe clubs are starting to play together this soon. The club I've been in is giving a full month to build up starts before playing any matches together.

ElyrionX said:
I'm getting very frustrated playing the game againdt the AI. My AI teammates are practically braindead and the opposition AI is ridiculously good in World Class. Even when i lowered the difficulty a notch to Professional, the AI was still doing sone ridiculous stuff like dribbling as if every player it controled was Messi/Ronaldo.
I find this. So frustrating when play as a pro and the rest of the team just play dick.

Just scored a pretty great free kick with the help of a huge deflection. http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/39472415

Slizz

Only time I have lag and its really minor lag, is when I'm playing people from other countries online(360). I've froze only 2 online games, one with Meus and another with a random online. I also have no problems with passing or one-timing shots online, it seems pretty fluent to me.

Well I'm going to attempt to change the tune of the thread by saying tht I'm absolutley loving the game in every way imaginable. I'm so happy I can finally edit player stats (spent 3 hours straight doing so last night :lol ).

I'm training myself to get better at semi-assisted passing so I'm playing against the AI on Professional for a while before I move back up to World Class. I don't get a lot of the complaints here. Especially ones about being pressed heavily. Unless people are trying to turn towards goal and pass forward with every pass, keeping hold of the ball isn't as hard as some make out.

iFootball

@
[LAG Complaints]
I really haven't had any issues online with my PS3 FIFA.. most of the time I play against other players with 3 green 'ping' bars... If someone with 1 bar shows up, I just cancel back and find someone else, as the game is clearly telling you that the game experience will suffer.... other than that, 2 & 3 bars games have been really smooth

.. and frustrating as I've lost a lots of games!

At least I scored an awesome free kick goal with Messi last night :D :

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/videos/ugc/39374030

Mr Solo Dolo said:
I see they've based the referee AI on Premier League refs and Mo Capped Shola Ameobi for movement and ball control

:lol

stuforsterG460.jpg

Yea I don't see closing down as being that bad. Defenders block crosses way better on the wings but it's acceptable.

Laying OFF the turbo can really do wonders. Especially weaving around and away from defenders in the mid field. Less turbo and more right stick can really help you get around people. Once you get around them or have a good angle then use the turbo.

I really am enjoying the game so far. Some refs are horrible but it gives the game personality. The be a pro AI doesn't seem as good as last season (could be the club i'm on) but I'll just control all for now and when I play clubs online someone will be playing all so it's not a big deal.

WJD

One on one's are...difficult.

Second in the league.

GP: 26
W: 20
D: 5
L: 2

GF 31
GA 8

It's so much harder to score this time round.

Decado

Decado said:
How do you get a player who is part of a national team but whose club isn't in the game? Like J.S. Veron (Argentina).

The menus are awful in this game. How do you get back into your email? I unexpectedly had two transfer offers accepted, left that page to view the players' stats again (since you can't do so on the contract screen) and can't get it back again. Tried advancing and nothing is happening :(
Anyone? It seems like if a player is in the game (international team), but isn't assigned to a club you cannot get them in career mode...?

Nyx

ElyrionX said:

Did you set your tactics to Free Form ?

That helped my team AI a bit it seems.

Put the 360 in the DMZ and FIFA still lists me with a "Moderate" firewall. Every fucking year with this shit. Every other game lists me with an open Firewall/NAT.

Tf53

striKeVillain! said:
Put the 360 in the DMZ and FIFA still lists me with a "Moderate" firewall. Every fucking year with this shit. Every other game lists me with an open Firewall/NAT.
Are you connected through wireless?

Magicked

jeffpm said:
Aren't all ports open in a DMZ?

Nope. You still have one external IP address and your firewall/router still doesn't know whether anything hitting that address on the outside goes to the DMZ or to the internal network. You always have to specify through port forwarding/ACLs.

Edit: This is assuming you have a normal home configuration and only one IP. :p

Magicked said:
Nope. You still have one external IP address and your firewall/router still doesn't know whether anything hitting that address on the outside goes to the DMZ or to the internal network. You always have to specify through port forwarding/ACLs.

Edit: This is assuming you have a normal home configuration and only one IP. :p
I'm going to have to look into that. Changed my ISP recently so now I have a static IP Address for the 360.

Top Bottom