• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

Massa

Is there some sort of online progression system this time? I've been playing World Cup again (came free with the new 360) and it's a blast playing the WC.

Hypnotiq

Neo Member
Fistwell said:
Online pass code invalid, no online for me. Thanks for selling me a gimped game, ea.

Did you import the game from another region by any chance?

I know a friend of mine that imported from asia and had to make an account just to get the code to work. Then switched back to Aus account and could access online. He was told this from other users across the web and hopefully i hear that it ended well for him otherwise he wil be annoyed.

In regards to the online pass, is it valid for the console or each individual profile is separate and I'm forced to purchase additional codes if my brothers want to play online aswell.

Hypnotiq said:
Did you import the game from another region by any chance?

I know a friend of mine that imported from asia and had to make an account just to get the code to work. Then switched back to Aus account and could access online. He was told this from other users across the web and hopefully i hear that it ended well for him otherwise he wil be annoyed.
Might be it. I did not import, but happened to move back to yurop with my US ps3 and psn account a cple of years ago. I'll give it a shot, thx.

JWong

Banned
Fistwell said:
Might be it. I did not import, but happened to move back to yurop with my US ps3 and psn account a cple of years ago. I'll give it a shot, thx.
Head to the official Fifa forums. They've been fixing that stuff since launch.

thomasbk

Foob said:
Fuck it, what are the best settings for a league? I'll just make a damn PS3 one

Do it!

There's no club either! I just got the game, so if by tonight there's no thread about it, I'll create it and make a thread!

BTW, is there a reason why the 360 club is called Ramen United? So I name it the same if its some special GAF thing.

And is there anything special I should know for creating a club? (never done it)

MMaRsu said:
why do so many people online pick Real Madrid..

and I've figured it out.. just do quick ranked match instead of custom match, you'll never find a good game with custom match ( I always set it to 10%max DNF )

You'll see them, Chelsea, and probably Barcelona the most. I haven't played online enough, but last year there was a lot of Liverpool or Bayern Munich as well. I was excited last night when someone wanted to play as Roma so I felt obliged to play as my boys in Hamburg.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
thomasbk said:
Do it!

There's no club either! I just got the game, so if by tonight there's no thread about it, I'll create it and make a thread!

BTW, is there a reason why the 360 club is called Ramen United? So I name it the same if its some special GAF thing.

And is there anything special I should know for creating a club? (never done it)
Go for it! I think it's just a random silly name koji picked.

Emerson said:
Loving the news that Ultimate Team will be out in November and be free this year.

I was considering skipping that content this year until I saw that. I never got past being able to field a silver level team. I refuse to spend money to purchase booster packs.

::EDIT:: I bet that is why it is free, they probably made enough money off people purchasing the booster packs that they decided they could expand the market and make more than last year by doing this.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SmokingBarrelX said:
I was considering skipping that content this year until I saw that. I never got past being able to field a silver level team. I refuse to spend money to purchase booster packs.

::EDIT:: I bet that is why it is free, they probably made enough money off people purchasing the booster packs that they decided they could expand the market and make more than last year by doing this.
I dunno if they changed the format, but I played it a good deal in 09, and liked the concept generally but they really messed up on the execution. People with shitty teams should play people with similar teams and just be in a lower division or whatever (kind of like WC's system). Then people who want to spend $50 on booster packs can enjoy their pimped-out teams, but not ruin the experience for those trying to build their teams up the legit way. They can also have bragging rights for being in higher divisions. If you want, you could do it where you play ten games in your low division, and then there's a cup at the end that mixes everyone together, so then the cheesers can go hahaha at shitty teams but it's only on rare occasions rather than the norm.

Lack of friend invites was also ridiculous. You couldn't even show off your team unless you either took a pic or somehow lucked into playing a friend through matchmaking. Silly because it could be so much more.

Foob

OH MY GOD

i was winning online in the 89th minute and all of the sudden the game like freezes up as my opponent is in the box..That little spinning wheel appeared as if he was quitting or something..The game comes back and somehow I tackled him in the box and he nailed the penalty kick..

The game actually got very good from there, we both scored goals in overtime and it literally came down to the very last penalty shot, which I managed to win. Goddamn online is so much fun.

moai

is club cup working? we keep getting the "you advanced to the quartefinals" and never move from there even though we won. what's up?

AstroLad said:
I dunno if they changed the format, but I played it a good deal in 09, and liked the concept generally but they really messed up on the execution. People with shitty teams should play people with similar teams and just be in a lower division or whatever (kind of like WC's system). Then people who want to spend $50 on booster packs can enjoy their pimped-out teams, but not ruin the experience for those trying to build their teams up the legit way. They can also have bragging rights for being in higher divisions. If you want, you could do it where you play ten games in your low division, and then there's a cup at the end that mixes everyone together, so then the cheesers can go hahaha at shitty teams but it's only on rare occasions rather than the norm.

Lack of friend invites was also ridiculous. You couldn't even show off your team unless you either took a pic or somehow lucked into playing a friend through matchmaking. Silly because it could be so much more.

A ladder system would be a smart move. I just found it pretty difficult to collect better cards because I don't think they gave you enough coins for winning. the multipliers for playing at the lower levels was awful.

MMaRsu

I've had so many mistakes just at the end with defenders falling over eachother or tackling them but the defender is the one who gets up slowly, not the attacker. And they scored in the last minutes..

moai said:
is club cup working? we keep getting the "you advanced to the quartefinals" and never move from there even though we won. what's up?
We made it to the semis the other night before getting knocked out. It should give you a message after enough losses where it tells you that you're out of the Cup.
cjelly said:
My Xbox keeps freezing after a pro club match online when I reach the lobby.

Anyone else?
It happens to me every time. I just go to dashboard once I see the lobby appear and reboot the game.

adelante

Cornballer said:
It happens to me every time. I just go to dashboard once I see the lobby appear and reboot the game.
Same here. What started out as a major annoyance for me has turn into a somewhat of a routine for me. As soon as lobby pops up -> dashboard -> fifa11. Takes about a minute to get back in.

Matchmaking for clubs seems to have been improved quite a bit. Thankfully, as far as everything else is concerned, the game is pretty solid, with minor annoyances that I can't even recall right now.

Massa

Massa said:
Is there some sort of online progression system this time? I've been playing World Cup again (came free with the new 360) and it's a blast playing the WC.

Just an update... I can no longer play an Online World Cup in FIFA WC, the game just hangs every time I select it. That just kills any interest I had in FIFA 11, will be the first next-gen FIFA I'm not buying.

thomasbk

I created the PS3 GAF CLUB since there appear to be alot of people interested but no one was doing anything about it :p
Online thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409480

Name: REAL GAF
Team colors: Holland. Couldn't think of any other orange/black team :p
League: N. America since I think most people are from there! (I'm C. America)

Club is public so anyone can join now!
Right after I created the club it kicked me out of EA servers and havent been able to connect for like an hour now, so I hope everything got saved ok! :lol

Is "bish" a bad word? I was trying to think of a beloved gaf member to name the stadium after, and tried to name it "Bish Palace" and it said that it was a banned word or something like that! :S

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Loving club mode, played 8 games scored 8 goals, it ignored one of my assists though!

We had a rough start and all our pro's are still very basic buy we managed a decent run of wins last night. Played some great football to boot. Best feeling in gaming when it goes well.

Keio

For a Finer World
I got addicted to the Fastest Arena Goal thing against a friend. We started from +2 seconds, then 2 days ago I got 1.87 seconds but yesterday he had 1.86.

I had an intense 30 minute session trying to blast a screamer until suddenly I hit the top corner in 1.29 seconds.

It's kind of sorry, but it also shows the shooting mechanic is really good. It really doesn't feel random but rather the ball positioning, player body shape etc. gives you a feeling when you will be hitting a super shot.

Adamm

thomasbk said:
I created the PS3 GAF CLUB since there appear to be alot of people interested but no one was doing anything about it :p
Online thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409480

Name: REAL GAF
Team colors: Holland. Couldn't think of any other orange/black team :p
League: N. America since I think most people are from there! (I'm C. America)

Club is public so anyone can join now!
Right after I created the club it kicked me out of EA servers and havent been able to connect for like an hour now, so I hope everything got saved ok! :lol

Is "bish" a bad word? I was trying to think of a beloved gaf member to name the stadium after, and tried to name it "Bish Palace" and it said that it was a banned word or something like that! :S
Sweet - will join when i get home from work.

Do we need to specify preferred positions?

EDIT: N.America? :(
According to the ps3 spreadsheet theres 7 from europe & 7 from N.America - but 3 of those N.American only want the league, not the club

PS3 Player overview
PS3 Sign-up form

Eyemus Lutt said:
In regards to the online pass, is it valid for the console or each individual profile is separate and I'm forced to purchase additional codes if my brothers want to play online aswell.

Mine doesn't work on my other account ( which is pretty infuriating to be fair )

But one is a us account , while the other Is an EU one . So I don't know if it will apply to 2 accounts of the same region

Keio said:
I got addicted to the Fastest Arena Goal thing against a friend. We started from +2 seconds, then 2 days ago I got 1.87 seconds but yesterday he had 1.86.

I had an intense 30 minute session trying to blast a screamer until suddenly I hit the top corner in 1.29 seconds.

It's kind of sorry, but it also shows the shooting mechanic is really good. It really doesn't feel random but rather the ball positioning, player body shape etc. gives you a feeling when you will be hitting a super shot.
Who is the best player in game for long range screamers?

Clubs is (still) such a mess at the moment. A few problems off the top of my head....

- The game freezes in the lobby for me after EVERY game so I have to dashboard it every time I play and load up the game again. The fact FIFA11 is one of the slowest loading games I've played in years makes it all the more frustrating.

- Club games take about 20 attempts to find anyone, made all the more annoying by the fact that when search fails it kicks random people out of their position and random changes the captain.

- Games range from super smooth to completely unplayable (about a 2-3 second delay in some cases). Oddly most of the laggy games have been against fellow UK players.

- Random disconnects. About half of our games never made it to the end of the match before we lost one of of our players.

- Search filters don't work properly. We always use 'British Isles' but it matched us against a Dutch team last night.

- Sometimes when a search fails before the game starts the club lobby locks you out of it and will not work until EVERY player quits to the dashboard.

- Opposition players have appeared in our team after a succesful search.

- Scoring is completely broken. We've won matches against higher ranked teams but LOST point for beating them? It's happened the other way too, losing to lower ranked teams but GAINING points for losing to them? Oh, and Ive seen teams with something like '-1034769001872' points.

How does something release this broken? I could understand if Clubs was a drastically new thing but it was in FIFA10 and generally worked perfectly...

SmokingBarrelX said:

I spent $70 last year on the booster packs. I had a problem but I'm recovering now

sun-drop

weird i haven't had any of your problems at all ..

i'm in NZ FFS and haven't had an unplayable game yet. although traditionally the less optimal games i've played have been against ppl in the UK.

menusa are WAY faster than F10 ever was .. no disconeccts yet either .. *shrug*

MMaRsu

Leaderboards have been reset by the way. So if you played online a lot, you've lost all your points.

Thanks EA!

Bunch of shitfuckers.

Adamm said:
Sweet - will join when i get home from work.

Do we need to specify preferred positions?

EDIT: N.America? :(
According to the ps3 spreadsheet theres 7 from europe & 7 from N.America - but 3 of those N.American only want the league, not the club

PS3 Player overview
PS3 Sign-up form

I noted in my sign up about my time. Even tho I listed what the wiki link listed as my zone Id just like to say I dont operate on "normal" hours. Basically I play 1am-6am EST (NY timezone) So gametime for me if say you live in London I think would be 5am-10am? Weekends I can adjust tho, just weekdays are like this.

Meus Renaissance said:
I spent $70 last year on the booster packs. I had a problem but I'm recovering now

I remember you telling me about this, and your tales of debauchery within the EA Sports tech support. :lol

Good thing I've only played five or so games online, I've been so focused on adjusting to manual controls, I have neglected my online record.

k0ji-wd

mr_sockochris said:
Clubs is (still) such a mess at the moment. A few problems off the top of my head....

- The game freezes in the lobby for me after EVERY game so I have to dashboard it every time I play and load up the game again. The fact FIFA11 is one of the slowest loading games I've played in years makes it all the more frustrating.

- Club games take about 20 attempts to find anyone, made all the more annoying by the fact that when search fails it kicks random people out of their position and random changes the captain.

- Games range from super smooth to completely unplayable (about a 2-3 second delay in some cases). Oddly most of the laggy games have been against fellow UK players.

- Random disconnects. About half of our games never made it to the end of the match before we lost one of of our players.

- Search filters don't work properly. We always use 'British Isles' but it matched us against a Dutch team last night.

- Sometimes when a search fails before the game starts the club lobby locks you out of it and will not work until EVERY player quits to the dashboard.

- Opposition players have appeared in our team after a succesful search.

- Scoring is completely broken. We've won matches against higher ranked teams but LOST point for beating them? It's happened the other way too, losing to lower ranked teams but GAINING points for losing to them? Oh, and Ive seen teams with something like '-1034769001872' points.

How does something release this broken? I could understand if Clubs was a drastically new thing but it was in FIFA10 and generally worked perfectly...

If you have freezes after club games, move all of your FIFA saves to a USB stick and it'll fix the problem. This worked for me.

We just played a ton of games today and found a match first try every time. Also no lag for the first time and no disconnections either.

I've noticed the servers getting better day by day, so let's hope it stays this way.

Can some good gafer explain to my how crossing along the ground works? It says triple tap X but try as I might it just hit's a lobbed pass.

Kylehimself said:
Can some good gafer explain to my how crossing along the ground works? It says triple tap X but try as I might it just hit's a lobbed pass.
You have to hit it really quickly. If it powers up at all then it'll do a different cross.

Decado

I still hate dribbling/skilled moves in the game. I really wish they'd revamp it, make it more automated or something. Having to get the right stick motion correct (surprisingly hard for some more basic ones), timing, adjust for the camera and the way your player is facing at the last second...it's just too much.

EDIT: Also, when is EA going to implement separate difficulty settings for offensive and defensive AI? The two have been unbalanced for as long as I can remember.

Top Bottom