• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

agaru

I personally haven't experienced any lag (PSN). Even games with yellow bars play smooth most of the time. If the the latency indicator shows a red bar I don't even start the match. I have experienced some lag though in online team play, especially when it's a full house 11v11 or even 10v10 or 9v9.

rvy said:
Still having issues trapping the ball, but whatever. Does it actually work to use the right stick to kick it away before trapping the ball?
Yeah, it works as long as you kick it to an open space far from your opponent reach. I think the positioning of the receiver's body (whether he's facing the coming ball or not) and how much power you put into the pass, both play a role in the quality of your traps.

Pctx

Banned
Hey guys,

Had the game for a few weeks...

Couple of glaring issues....

- Why does the clock not continue on dead balls or stoppage?
- Why do you NOT see stoppage time?

I haven't played online yet (haven't had time) but playing on Semi-Pro has been fun w/ all settings on manual which means my passing/shot percentage is around 35/35 on each! :lol Love the game though, just weird quirks.

Slizz

Pctx said:
Hey guys,

I haven't played online yet (haven't had time) but playing on Semi-Pro has been fun w/ all settings on manual which means my passing/shot percentage is around 35/35 on each! :lol Love the game though, just weird quirks.
As far as I can remember you have never been able to see the stoppage time. As for it stopping when going out of bounds, its already 6 minutes a half if they kept the clock running on that your game would be over too soon.

Pctx

Banned
Slizz said:
As far as I can remember you have never been able to see the stoppage time. As for it stopping when going out of bounds, its already 6 minutes a half if they kept the clock running on that your game would be over too soon.
Well I always play 10 minute halves which is a more realistic game imo. Really weird though about that and the stoppage time.

Hixx

Pctx said:
Hey guys,

If the clock ran on when the ball wasn't in play, be very easy to exploit online.

Lack of stoppage time probably due to a problem real life referees have.

FergieTime.png

Pctx

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
If the clock ran on when the ball wasn't in play, be very easy to exploit online.

Lack of stoppage time probably due to a problem real life referees have.

FergieTime.png
:lol

Online... I suppose, offline though... ugh. I need the authentic experience. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think that's how every football game ever has been. Can't remember a single one in recent memory that kept the clock running.

SumGamer

Anybody know how player's growth work in Career mode?
Will player with "Nothing to report" grow at all?
I have been playing Andy Carroll every single game and he doesn't change one bit. On the other hand Jonas who is older and having "Almost maxed" grow by 1 point and is now getting "Reached his potential" report.

This is really annoying and so random. :(

JWong

Banned
AstroLad said:
I think that's how every football game ever has been. Can't remember a single one in recent memory that kept the clock running.
Uh, yeah... I thought everyone knew they just tack on extra time without really telling anyone how long it will take.

You see the "Extra Time +4" or something, but after 4 minutes, the game will not stop until the ball is in half field or something. Maybe someone knows more about this.

SumGamer said:
I have been playing Andy Carroll every single game and he doesn't change one bit. On the other hand Jonas who is older and having "Almost maxed" grow by 1 point and is now getting "Reached his potential" report.

This is really annoying and so random. :(

Think this was mentioned in the patch.

SumGamer

Chriswok said:
Think this was mentioned in the patch.

Yeah, but they dont go into details as what will be fixed in the patch though.

Now best thing just happen to me, search for a player between 17-28 with 75+ overall and 80+ crossing using scout picks option.

I got Joe Hart.

k0ji-wd said:
If you have freezes after club games, move all of your FIFA saves to a USB stick and it'll fix the problem. This worked for me.

We just played a ton of games today and found a match first try every time. Also no lag for the first time and no disconnections either.

I've noticed the servers getting better day by day, so let's hope it stays this way.

My FIFA11 save too? I moved all the others last week when someone suggested it and it made no difference....

Playing against World Class AI with an inferior team is pretty frustrating. I had trouble maintaining possession and couldn't create anything on offense. Annoying having your reasonably quick strikers get run down by centerbacks.
SumGamer said:
The whole growth system is borked right now. I played a whole season and had two players that went up. A couple players declined slightly (they were old, so this made sense), but everyone else just stayed at the same level. Apparently they're working on it. :/

Hixx

Cornballer said:
Playing against World Class AI with an inferior team is pretty frustrating. I had trouble maintaining possession and couldn't create anything on offense. Annoying having your reasonably quick strikers get run down by centerbacks.

It's pretty odd having the AI be more of a challenge than playing a real person.

I love it.

MMaRsu

Had two great wins online with Inter against Barca ( 3-2 for me ) and The Netherlands - England ( 3-2 for me as well I think :lol )

SOOOOO good.gif

Hixx

Thing is for me, in the past FIFAs I've felt like I've mastered the AI within a week and I'll tear it to shreds for a year. I don't think that will happen this time.

HixxSAFC said:
Thing is for me, in the past FIFAs I've felt like I've mastered the AI within a week and I'll tear it to shreds for a year. I don't think that will happen this time.
My problem is that I end up playing at a level in between difficulty settings, so Pro is probably too easy and World Class makes me angry. Guess I better just step my game up.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Just hit the biggest bug yet in manager mode.

Beat Chelsea in the FA Cup quarter-final and received a message via the inbox that my next game, on the March 30th, a match against Arsenal has been rescheduled for April 24th (the fuck? why such a huge gap?) so I go through all the loading.

Eventually rolls around to March 30th.... I have a game to play against Arsenal even though it isn't listed on my calender. It goes into the squad selection and such, and then stays there in the usual "waiting for game" with the squad lists on either side. The problem is, it isn't loading anything.

I have 9 more games left in my season and now I'm at the point where it cannot advance any further. I need to start all over again. Fuck you EA, you said you fixed this piece of shit. Just when I was beginning to slowly enjoy the damn thing.

Before anyone asks, yes I have tried to both play the game and sim the game. Results in the same bullshit.

MMaRsu

Cornballer said:
My problem is that I end up playing at a level in between difficulty settings, so Pro is probably too easy and World Class makes me angry. Guess I better just step my game up.

How about a game against me then?

sun-drop

oh well i've created a ps3 club, try searching for GAF FC , or GAF abbreviation, N.america league as i guess most of you are in that.

made it non public so i'll add as you guys apply.

Any trick to scrolling down the positions faster in pro ranked games? Playing CB is fun for a bit, but i wouldnt mind upgrading to at least midfield once in a while.

k0ji-wd

mr_sockochris said:
My FIFA11 save too? I moved all the others last week when someone suggested it and it made no difference....

i moved everything, but i'd imagine the main save is probably the one that causes the problems so move it and see if it helps.

Fistwell said:
Any trick to scrolling down the positions faster in pro ranked games? Playing CB is fun for a bit, but i wouldnt mind upgrading to at least midfield once in a while.
Hammer 'down' on the dpad as fast as possible, analog stick isn't quick enough.

Hixx

speedpop said:

Beat Chelsea in the FA Cup quarter-final and received a message via the inbox that my next game, on the March 30th, a match against Arsenal has been rescheduled for April 24th (the fuck? why such a huge gap?) so I go through all the loading.

Eventually rolls around to March 30th.... I have a game to play against Arsenal even though it isn't listed on my calender. It goes into the squad selection and such, and then stays there in the usual "waiting for game" with the squad lists on either side. The problem is, it isn't loading anything.

I have 9 more games left in my season and now I'm at the point where it cannot advance any further. I need to start all over again. Fuck you EA, you said you fixed this piece of shit. Just when I was beginning to slowly enjoy the damn thing.

Before anyone asks, yes I have tried to both play the game and sim the game. Results in the same bullshit.

Career mode is just shit altogether. Awful UI and everything takes sooo long. Really disappointed with it. The menu's altogether are just abhorrent. As long as the gameplay is nigh on perfect I'm content though.

r4z4

Any PS3 FIFA11 owners having issues with their online pass? Every time I play the game I have to re-download my online pass due to a 'corruption' issue, and this time I can't even manage to download it. Buggy :(

agaru

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/20488.page
Hi all!

Firstly, thank you for your patience and feedback while we have been investigating the issues you’ve raised since the launch of the game. Your feedback has, as always, been invaluable.

As an update for you, we wanted to let you know that we are actively working on fixes for the following:
- Various crashes reported through our automated systems;
- Micro-pausing in offline and online matches;
- OTP Club issues related to searching, lag during peak and stat reporting;
- Gameplay fixes around positioning and advantage rule;
- Career Mode fixes around stat display and growth;
- Online exploits, Pro Passing in ranked matches, and cheaters punishment;
- Custom Chants issues.

We will update you as soon as we can on progress there. We’re working around the clock to make sure we can address them all, either directly on our game servers or via a game patch – and that’s something we’re aiming to deliver as soon as we possibly can.

Your Live Team.

nasanu

Banned
Cornballer said:
I played a whole season and had two players that went up. A couple players declined slightly (they were old, so this made sense), but everyone else just stayed at the same level. Apparently they're working on it. :/

Working on what? Players should stay the same. It is very stupid if all players end up world class just by playing every week. I hope they don't change that aspect.

Zabojnik

Can somebody please list what are the famous World Cup features that apparently made it into the PC version of Fifa 11, which is basically a Fifa 10 NG port? WC's penalty system didn't make it, for example. What did? Thanks.

Zabojnik

rvy said:
I'm guessing it's only graphics-related stuff. I haven't seen anything else from World Cup in FIFA 11 PC.

That's what I thought too.

Oh, is the Live Seasons feature also missing from the PC version?

Can anybody give me some tips on skill moves? I never could get the hang of them in 10 either. Like, I know the combinations but they just seem to never work. I've tried doing them a bit earlier, later, whatever, as I approach the opposition players, but they always just seem to stick the foot out and catch me, in 1 and a half seasons I've managed to complete only 8. The AI seems pretty handy at skinning me with them though.

MMaRsu said:
How about a game against me then?
Maybe later this week, though I've mostly been playing Clubs and Career Mode.
nasanu said:
Working on what? Players should stay the same. It is very stupid if all players end up world class just by playing every week. I hope they don't change that aspect.
I've played about one and a half seasons of career mode. If I have a 20 year old player that gets 40+ games in a season, I'd expect his stats to go up at least a little bit.

leng jai

Okay been playing online for the last few days.

Did they make normal field goals 10 times harder or what? I know it can't be me because my opponents are having the same difficulty. Even one on ones with the keeper are tough - I think I've only converted about 30% of them. Out of the twenty odd games I've played I've only kicked 4 "normal" goals. the other 15 or so have been from freekicks and volleys. Freekicks seem almost too easy now, I rarely miss unless its really far out. Crosses are fun and actually useful.

Dumb AI team mates are my biggest gripe with this game. I don't know how many times I've had a team mate flat out stop or go backwards instead of running into the space where I'm aiming my through ball. Also, the rebounds are close to ridiculous and just produce bizarre ping pong like exchanges in the midfield. Is it really that hard to get a pass/through ball past one defender? I've had so many golden chances stifled by my inability to do a simple pass past one defender. Its infuriating.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
FIFA gaf I have a serious problem...my friend and I wanted to play an exhibition match with our virtual pro characters. Sadly, we couldn't so we tried to choose lead profiles and whatnot. Fort some odd reason on my profile manager, I had Chicago Fire as my fav team instead of Barcelona. Also, somehow my friends character became my virtual pro on my profile.
:'(

I've tried everything to get him back )loading career, personal settings, etc) but nothin.
HEEEELPPPPPPP!

This most likely isnt a very big deal to most of you, Im sure plenty of you see MLS as the place good players from europe go to make a buck once they get a bit to old and such, but Im a huge MLS fan and since my city got a home town team this year its been like crack for me and my son.
So check this out..

Its Sabastian Le Toux, Mid/Forward of the Philadelphia Union. Currently, even tho our expansion team had a losing record and missed the playoffs, he is in the running for MLS MVP. Guy is a class act, serious gentlemen! He was kissing babies, joking with us etc..
He had a FIFA setup next to the table he was signing and he watched my son and his friend play 2 games! We joked with him even how we had to pretend the Revolution were the Union last year and traded him and all the other Union guys to the Rev. lol

santouras

HixxSAFC said:
yeah, I've usually started at pro and worked up to world class in past fifa's. This time I started at world class and I've had to knock it down to semi-pro to just be competitive.... Going to be the first time in about 6 years of playing FIFA my career mode team is going to lose the league, and I've got to do serious work to get into second place! Guess I need to change my tactics a fair amount this season...

One thing I've noticed which is totally different is that you can't just hold the sprint button and outrun defenders, even with the quickest strikers. You really need to master the right stick knocking the ball forwards

Pkm said:
This most likely isnt a very big deal to most of you, Im sure plenty of you see MLS as the place good players from europe go to make a buck once they get a bit to old and such, but Im a huge MLS fan and since my city got a home town team this year its been like crack for me and my son.
So check this out..

Its Sabastian Le Toux, Mid/Forward of the Philadelphia Union. Currently, even tho our expansion team had a losing record and missed the playoffs, he is in the running for MLS MVP. Guy is a class act, serious gentlemen! He was kissing babies, joking with us etc..
He had a FIFA setup next to the table he was signing and he watched my son and his friend play 2 games! We joked with him even how we had to pretend the Revolution were the Union last year and traded him and all the other Union guys to the Rev. lol

That's awesome. I would love to get into the MLS, but because it doesn't get great coverage here, and I have to work hard enough to keep up with the EPL, Bundesliga and Liga BBVA. One day though, one day.

On an unrelated note, is it common form to quit out before the end of a game when losing as a petty revenge by preventing replay uploads? I had a beautiful manual lob from Nani to Berbatov into the box and Berbatov volleyed it into the far corner. Sick goal, and I can't show it off.

It also makes me laugh when people play as Barcelona and pass the ball immediately to Messi and try to get around me. I'm glad I'm not an idiot who just presses. He was getting so frustrated.

adelante

Just completed a season of CM with Leeds on WorldClass, finished 2nd on the npower league table and got promoted to BPL. It was tough but manageable, have had to do couple of tweaks in custom tactics before I stuck with something that offered a more freeform play. I appreciated the fact that most clubs in the league didn't resort to relentless pressuring and as a result it was easier to find space and dictate matches with a passing game. This approach was made even more necesssary given how defenders are more aggressive now, but it's nothing that a good dribbler can't handle with few clever touches and turns. It really does pay to know WHEN to use those modifier buttons (stop&go, pace control, lateral dribbling, ball shielding, etc). If there's any major gripe it'd certainly be the fact that scoring with headers are far easier in this game, and I'm not even using my Virtual Pro as a forward, so here's hoping EA's working on a fix for that.

Planning to go on full manual for the new season, can't wait :D

Nyx

Starting to get bored since I've been using full manual controls.

Played a friend 10 times last weekend, both with full manual, the scores were something like :

0-0
0-0
0-0
0-1
1-1
0-0
0-0
0-0

Every game was 12 mins of midfield-warfare, with spare attacks every now and then, which mostly were due to one of us tackling and having a break-away with a player due to it.

Jal

speedpop said:

You have to go into the calender and sim past it i've just read.

chico

Nyx said:
Starting to get bored since I've been using full manual controls.

Played a friend 10 times last weekend, both with full manual, the scores were something like :

0-0
0-0
0-0
0-1
1-1
0-0
0-0
0-0

Every game was 12 mins of midfield-warfare, with spare attacks every now and then, which mostly were due to one of us tackling and having a break-away with a player due to it.

dont use manual controls. it just makes the game difficult and boring.
for me its all about fun... so i just use the default settings.

in-game chat its not working for me when playing online matches... known bug?

CanaryRob

Anyone else find that defending is set in the magical world of Titus Bramble? Every CB acts like a fish up a tree and wing backs just hug the line and never tuck in to cover a run.

Tf53

Had one of the best games so far. I played with Dinamo Moscow, the other guy had Chelsea. He went 3-0 up in the first half, but I fought back in the second, scoring goals in the 87' and 90' minutes to pull even. Then he gets a quick goal to start off extra time with a cross that my keeper should've picked off. Then I try to throw the ball to my midfielder, but instead the keeper rolls it to the nearest defender, Drogba cuts it off and it's 5-3. Then I get this glorious goal at 116' and equalize at 120'. I get 2-1 ahead in the penalties, after which it's save after save.

I also scored another beautiful goal after a free kick, but the other guy quit at the rematch screen, so I couldn't save it. What the fuck is wrong with the system, EA? Can't be that hard to fix it, especially if you're touting it as a standout feature.

Top Bottom