• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

PedroRVD

can you point me to a site where I can download chants for the English Premiere League?

It was taken out from the EA official forums =/

Najaf

Does this game have commentator language downloads like Fifa 10? I always like to stay fresh on my Italian and that was a nice addition last year.

agaru

PedroRVD said:
can you point me to a site where I can download chants for the English Premiere League?

It was taken out from the EA official forums =/
It's still up there: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/4401.page
But yeah, the EPL chants aren't there anymore. Looks like the guy was asked to take them down from the site. It might have to do with the official partnership deal they made with the EPL a few months back.

Najaf said:
Does this game have commentator language downloads like Fifa 10? I always like to stay fresh on my Italian and that was a nice addition last year.
Huh? All the non-English commentaries are already included in the disc. My FIFA 11 > Settings > Audio > change the commentary to whatever language you like. I'm talking about a EU version of the game, dunno if the case is different for other versions.

Adamm

Anyone able to offer any advice on dribbling?

Ive been getting on fine so far with just passing alot, but when it comes to getting past some one im useless :lol

It seems impossible to beat some one in this game with pure speed & pace control just seems to make you go slower (and therefore easier to tackle)
Should i be learning all this tricks & step-overs? or is there an easier way?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Adamm said:

Ive been getting on fine so far with just passing alot, but when it comes to getting past some one im useless :lol

It seems impossible to beat some one in this game with pure speed & pace control just seems to make you go slower (and therefore easier to tackle)
I'm the same but I know it's possible with the right players. Like everything else you just have to get the right rhythm or mindset. My mate can do it at will sometimes. Theres different styles, some are knock and run past, skills also work and you have simpler jinks and shimmies too.

I can currently only beat someone by semi accident or with a regular turn from a perfect pass but am waiting to add more to my locker.

Referring to my pro as well as me.

Get'sMad

god fuck quitting d-bags

was Man City played a guy using Real Madrid...solid connection on both ends, I score off a sick shot from 25 yards out by Toure within the first 30 seconds of hte match and the dude immediately quits on the restart.

bitch

and I get no credit for that because he quit so quickly.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
How the he'll do you do a backheel?

Does anyone have any good guides? Video or otherwise for things like how to take set pieces advanced or whatever.

Game felt really off today, can't tell why tho. Everything felt crap, as if the game was dumbing my team down and boosting the CPU team and my pro missed like 20 easy chances he would've slotted home yesterday

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kaizoku said:
How the he'll do you do a backheel?

Does anyone have any good guides? Video or otherwise for things like how to take set pieces advanced or whatever.

Game felt really off today, can't tell why tho. Everything felt crap, as if the game was dumbing my team down and boosting the CPU team and my pro missed like 20 easy chances he would've slotted home yesterday
Go in front of your goalie facing away from him, then hit A and flick the stick back.

Hixx

FINALLY came. 8 fucking days because the new postwoman is petrified of two tiny fucking dogs. She's getting NO fucking bonus at christmas I tell you. Next time I see her she's getting a bollocking as a pretty important letter came today as well with the same 'no access' on it. Bitch.

Installing then time to murder some of the bads, can't wait :D

Tf53

God damn it. Scored from a beautiful free kick combination after 11 minutes, and then the other guy decides to quit at 88' while down 3-0. I really wanted to save the replay. Fuck this bs.

Magicked

Tf53 said:
God damn it. Scored from a beautiful free kick combination after 11 minutes, and then the other guy decides to quit at 88' while down 3-0. I really wanted to save the replay. Fuck this bs.

It is definitely bullshit. Why can't they just drop you to the match end screen and show you stats and everything else as it stands when the other player dropped? We have the same problem in the league if someone leaves before you can get to the stats screen, even if the game is over.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Magicked said:
It is definitely bullshit. Why can't they just drop you to the match end screen and show you stats and everything else as it stands when the other player dropped? We have the same problem in the league if someone leaves before you can get to the stats screen, even if the game is over.
That's one thing I liked about WC (don't know if 10 or 11 do this) but when you were in OWC you got credit for the guys who scored goals even if the other player quit. Quitting really doesn't bother me as much as many, but yeah not being able to save nice goals sort of defeats the purpose of having the feature.

This is why I only play gaffers! (Or really only in Clubs and the league atm, which is a sizable chunk of time as it is.)

Magicked

AstroLad said:
That's one thing I liked about WC (don't know if 10 or 11 do this) but when you were in OWC you got credit for the guys who scored goals even if the other player quit. Quitting really doesn't bother me as much as many, but yeah not being able to save nice goals sort of defeats the purpose of having the feature.

This is why I only play gaffers! (Or really only in Clubs and the league atm, which is a sizable chunk of time as it is.)

Truth. It's a lot more fun to play against people you know.

rvy

Banned
Again, how am I supposed to delete videos from EA's Football World? I used to be able to do it, way back then... :lol

Decado

How can you see your players overall progress? For some reason it only shows it for the current season :/ I want to see if the players I sent out on loan improved (that's the point, right?).

There are a lot of simple, obvious, common sense errors in this game. It pisses me off that you can't improve young players unless you're playing them all the time. Aren't there 2nd team/reserve games?

Also, I'm playing in the premier league but for some reason I never had an FA cup match. wtf?

Magicked

rvy said:
Again, how am I supposed to delete videos from EA's Football World? I used to be able to do it, way back then... :lol

I think in FIFA 10 you could do it when you tried to upload a new video. It would allow you to delete an old one.

Tf53

I think I'm starting to click with this game. Semi-pro passing seems perfect, and I'm executing stuff that I couldn't do in FIFA 10 (long runs by defenders without the ball, while I work the through ball for them on the third or fourth pass etc.). I'm also finding the back of the net surprisingly often with semi shooting as well.

I beat Tottenham and Chelsea online with Dinamo Moscow tonight, and the game is starting to feel really good.

moai

modernkicks said:
god fuck quitting d-bags

was Man City played a guy using Real Madrid...solid connection on both ends, I score off a sick shot from 25 yards out by Toure within the first 30 seconds of hte match and the dude immediately quits on the restart.

bitch

and I get no credit for that because he quit so quickly.

just don't score before the 5 min limit. people already know that if you do this the loss doesn't count. i pass the ball to the back and keep passing it until that minute.

In FIFA 10 you had a bar on the bottom that would go green/red depending on how many successful passes and tackles you made. From what little I saw of Clubs in FIFA 11, this wasn't the case anymore. So how does someone know how well they are playing in Clubs?

Meus Renaissance said:
In FIFA 10 you had a bar on the bottom that would go green/red depending on how many successful passes and tackles you made. From what little I saw of Clubs in FIFA 11, this wasn't the case anymore. So how does someone know how well they are playing in Clubs?
They display your numerical score on the screen.

rvy

Banned
Magicked said:
I think in FIFA 10 you could do it when you tried to upload a new video. It would allow you to delete an old one.
Fucking hell. I don't want to keep my demo videos Online.

derder

sooooo....

the pc version doesn't allow for local 4 player... looks like im going to pick up the 360 version :(

I honestly wasn't trolling but I did enjoy scoring that goal. Although the passing are like bullets, it doesn't result in an end-to-end game as you may imagine. You can defend against it. I score on average 1 goal per game. The shot can either go in the top corner or outside to the parking lot

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Najaf said:

Aren't you the TRIALS HD guy?
I could teach you or have some conversations :lol
...if only to thank you for those awesome tracks you made, although I could never even beat (nervemind gold/platinum) your last track... that was friggin' hard mate!

JWong

Banned
DangerousMali said:
those passes were ping(ball)point accurate :lol

troll fail
I love the part where he passes to his side-behind with just his inside foot at 4 seconds.

Way to break momentum.

Hixx

Lag in this game is atrocious. Played 12 games online and its a fucking piss take honestly... and no, I don't have problems with any other xbox games or pc games.

Slizz

HixxSAFC said:
Lag in this game is atrocious. Played 12 games online and its a fucking piss take honestly... and no, I don't have problems with any other xbox games or pc games.
Weird because I have no problems lagging in this game at all.... Only time I lag is in the mornings like now when I'm playing Asian players and even then the lag is maybe a frame skip or 2 a match.

HixxSAFC said:

I don't have these problems. But then I only play against people with 3 green bars latency.

You should be grateful that you have internet in sunderland

Bought the game yesterday. Hadn't played a football game since the launch FIFA on the 360. I thought I didn't like it at first but when I finally got up to look at my clock it was half past two in the morning. Can't wait to hop in and play a bit in a few minutes

The one thing that I don't like is that when I play career mode and play matches as my selected player, my AI team mates seem to be really dumb and the game almost always ends in a nil all draw, but then when I don't play in the match and just simulate it, we win 4-0. I think it's down to me having the half length at about 5 minutes so we're just not getting the chances but it's still really weird to have when my player is playing it's almost a guaranteed draw.

Is there any spaces in some GAF leagues or tournaments or whatever that I could join? I'm up for trying out the multiplayer.

Magicked

snoopeasystreet said:
Bought the game yesterday. Hadn't played a football game since the launch FIFA on the 360. I thought I didn't like it at first but when I finally got up to look at my clock it was half past two in the morning. Can't wait to hop in and play a bit in a few minutes

The one thing that I don't like is that when I play career mode and play matches as my selected player, my AI team mates seem to be really dumb and the game almost always ends in a nil all draw, but then when I don't play in the match and just simulate it, we win 4-0. I think it's down to me having the half length at about 5 minutes so we're just not getting the chances but it's still really weird to have when my player is playing it's almost a guaranteed draw.

Is there any spaces in some GAF leagues or tournaments or whatever that I could join? I'm up for trying out the multiplayer.

We're currently in the middle of a league right now for 360, and we hope it will have multiple seasons with promotion/relegation and whatnot. This first 'season' will determine who is in the upper and lower divisions. Just keep an eye on it and jump in when the next one starts.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408838

Also, I play 10 minute halves to give my pro more time to gather accomplishments. Because the game moves at much slower (realistic) pace, longer times seem to help the score be more realistic as well. To help my virtual pro, I'm playing a career game with Real Madrid. Even with them it seems like it takes forever to score, but the final outcome is always pretty solid. I tied my first match 1-1, won my second at home vs. a lesser team 3-1, won the next away from home 2-1, then got shut out on the first game of the season against Athletic Bilbao away from home 1-0.

It does require more patience (something a lot of gamers don't have these days), but I'm really enjoying the slow pace.

agaru

I thought of sharing this; using skilled dribbling (R2+L2) can be very effective in exiting to open space in tight places while keeping the ball close to your feet. First, watch where the opponent player is pressing or running to and when he gets close enough, briefly hold R2 + L2 + left stick to open space. As soon as your guy exits release all those buttons and continue your jog or sprint. Here's an example:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/41234553

It works in any area of the pitch, especially in midfield and wings as long as you're jogging with the ball and your opponent is blindly pressing towards you.

I also noticed that players with the Dribbler specialty badge can do it with only a simple flick of the left stick to open space (without the need to hold R2 and L2) but it requires good timing.

LOVE this game. :D

JWong

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
Which console? But I'll just assume it's 360.

I believe the EA forum CMs did note of the lag issue, so just hang on tight as kinks are worked out. I played a dozen games today and hadn't noticed any lag, so things may be already fixed.

Hixx

Bungieware said:
I don't have these problems. But then I only play against people with 3 green bars latency.

You should be grateful that you have internet in sunderland

Most computer literate city in the country.

Not that I live there like :lol

Adamm said:

Right stick to push the ball into open space is the most useful feature. Do this a few times with a little turbo and you can really get behind the defense. I even use it on through balls to give your player more room to continue a run so defenders can't close down as quickly. You have to time it on through balls though.

I've not really noticed any lag on PSN and I've been in several full or higher player counts on pro mode.

rvy

Banned
Still having issues trapping the ball, but whatever. Does it actually work to use the right stick to kick it away before trapping the ball?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I definitely noticed the lag. (PSN here)
Nothing game breaking but I noticed that despite the game giving me 3 bars, there can be a certain amount of lagging.

It's not manifested as warping or anything crazy like that, it's just general less responsive than normal online games.

This is unfortunate because in FIFA 10 I just always backed up when the opponents didn't get 3 green bars after 4 seconds, but in FIFA 11 it can still lag even with that criteria.

Top Bottom