• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

MMaRsu

Christ I fucking hate quitters..especially that I can't save my goals afterwards :<

Had a bunch of awesome goals but these quitter fucks just quit BLERGH

And this game locks up TOO MUCH! Fix this shit EA

Nyx

So I decided to sell the game, Personality+ only ruined the online part as you now don't stand a chance against any decent player who chooses Chelsea/Real etc. while you choose a lower team.

Also, crosses and corners are way too overpowered, especially with those big teams.

Nah, no more Fifa for me, it's too damn frustrating, and yes I probably just suck at the game.

agaru

sun-drop said:
niiice, thats just release left stick and flick right stick foward?
Yeah, flicking the right stick to whatever direction you like to explode to. When timed well, it's very effective on the wings and in 1v1 with a charged GK. :D

Anybody who plays with one of the lesser teams able to suggest ways to generate better offense? It's literally breakaways and corners for me...

AndresON777

shooting blanks
MMaRsu said:
Christ I fucking hate quitters..especially that I can't save my goals afterwards :<
Had a bunch of awesome goals but these quitter fucks just quit BLERGH

And this game locks up TOO MUCH! Fix this shit EA

seriously that shit drives me nuts. Especially when they quite once the match is done. I mean come on dude just wait a few seconds so I can save my goals. I dont even watch my replays during the game, that's being considerate. jeez

I don't usually rage quit but if I do, once I've knocked down a few too many, I quit in the first half or at worst at the beginning of the 2nd half

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
There should honestly be a concede option that just adds one more goal against or whatever but takes you straight to the end-game menus.

They would need to remove the quit option, because people are stubborn and spiteful. And I think if that were to be the new way, kids would just pull the plug on their internets.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SmokingBarrelX said:
I just feel like if it was that simple it would be done already...right?
:lol you can say that about so much of FIFA's little annoying problems over the years unfortunately.

AstroLad, are you on? Do you fancy a few games?
Not home now -- may be home in 3-4 hours though.

Hypnotiq

Neo Member
You guys in there got any tips or tricks when it comes to shooting? Finesse or power low shot etc?

I know it may be dependant on the situation and position but i get at least 5 shots on goal a game and can't seem to finish em off. Then the guy i am playing doesn't miss and takes his chances.

Anything i should know or start doing instead?

Hypnotiq said:
You guys in there got any tips or tricks when it comes to shooting? Finesse or power low shot etc?

I know it may be dependant on the situation and position but i get at least 5 shots on goal a game and can't seem to finish em off. Then the guy i am playing doesn't miss and takes his chances.

Anything i should know or start doing instead?

Same thing happens to me, to be honest. I would definitely keep assisted shooting on. The other thing, in general, is that you need to slow down, maybe even use pace control if you can. And I find that accuracy seems to degrade with power at a much steeper rate with a less-skilled (below 80 finishing) shot taker. In other words, pick a spot and make a quick tap.

eissan

anyone want to sell me a used copy of fifa 11? lol I am a cheap bastard and dont want to pay full price for it :). would like it for ps3 or 360 thanks!

agaru

^ Nice shot. :)

dollartaco said:
Same thing happens to me, to be honest. I would definitely keep assisted shooting on. The other thing, in general, is that you need to slow down, maybe even use pace control if you can. And I find that accuracy seems to degrade with power at a much steeper rate with a less-skilled (below 80 finishing) shot taker. In other words, pick a spot and make a quick tap.
Good tips. Also for starters, aiming the shot with the left stick is essential; we don't wanna direct the shot at the keeper. As the power gauge is being filled (that's as soon as you press the shoot button) hold the left stick to the angle you like to place your shot at.

Hypnotiq

Neo Member

agaru said:
Good tips. Also for starters, aiming the shot with the left stick is essential; we don't wanna direct the shot at the keeper. As the power gauge is being filled (that's as soon as you press the shoot button) hold the left stick to the angle you like to place your shot at.

Thanks for the tips , its just that i do all that is said, just that my shots, the keeper saves it or tucks it behind for a corner. I know that happens in real life, but when they(online opponent) shoot like that it my gk just does nothing compared to them and flies by them. Do players stats increase there chances silently or is there left stick positioning just better?

Hypnotiq said:
Do players stats increase there chances silently or is there left stick positioning just better?

I'm sure it does. Go to the arena and start a practice match against only the goalie, then just spend a while launching shots at him.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Hypnotiq said:
Thanks for the tips , its just that i do all that is said, just that my shots, the keeper saves it or tucks it behind for a corner. I know that happens in real life, but when they(online opponent) shoot like that it my gk just does nothing compared to them and flies by them. Do players stats increase there chances silently or is there left stick positioning just better?
I said it before and I've told all my mates and they agreed. Use semi shooting. Assisted is absolutely awful. Play around with it in the arena on assisted then switch to semi and play some more. You should be able to realise the difference. All you need to learn is to point the stick at the goal based on where you're standing.

Secondly when I miss a shot online I put it down to composure and conviction. Sometimes I dont put enough power because I panic or I choose the wrong area to aim for (far post instead of near post), other times I hesitate and get the timing wrong. Bottom line is you have to strike the ball like you mean it unless you're supremely confident that your gentle shot will beat the keeper.

And finally, timing is important. A lot of the time you creep further because that way you're more likely to hit the target and hit the bottom corner. But a lot of the time that means the keeper has closed you down, shooting early with conviction is your friend, you just have to trust your player to hit the target. I tend to get my shot away from the edge of the box or just inside. Now that I think about it a lot of my misses have come from when I've not been confident and worried about missing so I try to "make sure" and go closer.

My two cents. Ditch assisted asap!

kaizoku said:
I said it before and I've told all my mates and they agreed. Use semi shooting. Assisted is absolutely awful. Play around with it in the arena on assisted then switch to semi and play some more. You should be able to realise the difference. All you need to learn is to point the stick at the goal based on where you're standing.

Secondly when I miss a shot online I put it down to composure and conviction. Sometimes I dont put enough power because I panic or I choose the wrong area to aim for (far post instead of near post), other times I hesitate and get the timing wrong. Bottom line is you have to strike the ball like you mean it unless you're supremely confident that your gentle shot will beat the keeper.

And finally, timing is important. A lot of the time you creep further because that way you're more likely to hit the target and hit the bottom corner. But a lot of the time that means the keeper has closed you down, shooting early with conviction is your friend, you just have to trust your player to hit the target. I tend to get my shot away from the edge of the box or just inside. Now that I think about it a lot of my misses have come from when I've not been confident and worried about missing so I try to "make sure" and go closer.

He is absolutely right about all of that. Don't be afraid to pull the trigger at the top of the box, plus in my opinion the goals look much more beautiful.

Joe

Hey guys, I have a question about the EA Code for the online aspects of the game.

Me and my roommate split this game but we both want to access the online features (creation centre mainly) on both of our 360's. is this possible with 1 code?

santouras

Really annoyed that at the end of my season in CM Ibra and Boateng left Milan without any chance to retain them.... :mad:

would also be great if you could have some easy option to re-loan out your players so you don't need to put everyone up for loan each season. A way to see how many stats they picked up each season out on loan would be amazing too. Come on EA, surely that's not that hard.

Hypnotiq

Neo Member
kaizoku said:

Will give that a shot, probably the only thing i didn't think of changing. Thanks for the tips.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
santouras said:
Really annoyed that at the end of my season in CM Ibra and Boateng left Milan without any chance to retain them.... :mad:

would also be great if you could have some easy option to re-loan out your players so you don't need to put everyone up for loan each season. A way to see how many stats they picked up each season out on loan would be amazing too. Come on EA, surely that's not that hard.
Yeah, I re-started my Manager Mode session using Milan after my failed attempt at Newcastle Utd resulted in a game-breaking bug. So far no issues, outside of Ibra and Boateng leaving the club via loan running out. I bought Higuain and a few other midfielders to try and stem the tide though so everything seems okay. The whole loan aspect seems a bit of a joke, unless I really do have to look through the contract pages but they don't seem to be listed so who the heck knows what is going on.

The entire menu system seems a bit more streamlined compared to FIFA 10, but at the same time there are still such huge issues with it comes to the menu, at least even compared to PES 10. Shortlisting players to my favourites and THEN searching them up seems like such a huge chore compared to what it was like in PES. EA really need to overhaul the menu system and allow it to be a bit more streamlined. I can understand if their excuse is that they are searching through such a huge variation of licenses and football leagues, but if Konami can keep it at such a small standstill on their silly systems then what the hell is stopping EA? As Daft Punk would say, "fuck it."

Still, the majority of FIFA players seem more interested in online play and comparing cock-stroking goal replays than bothering with other methods in the game. Unfortunately I grew up on the old school format of multiplayer where the player I am versing against is in the same room so all the taunts and tortures are in the same room. A shame EA seem to have forgotten even the little man, as it seems.

kaizoku

Manager Mode is still almost irrelevant to me. Its better but at the end of the season as player manager they offered me a new contract, I had two options to stay at my club and they were identical in every way besides one was a picture of Mancini and another was Kaka or something. I also had offers from other clubs.

I wanted to stay on as player manager so to be safe I chose the picture of Mancini and lo and behold the next season I wasn't a player anymore, my pro was no longer part of my squad and I was manager only.

The game had auto saved and I was stuck.

Really EA?

solution? start a new manager mode. point? none.

so I'm done with manager mode, I can earn all my accomplishments in exhibition using custom settings depending on what I want to earn or usually I just go online.

FAIL.

santouras

I'm the total opposite, manager mode is my life :lol I can't commit properly to regular online matches and my internet connection is pretty flaky since I moved so I can't even play online matches in FIFA properly :-/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SmokingBarrelX said:
Yea, I'm at the point where I am just playing online via clubs or ranked match.
Yup. Then again add online leagues to that and that's how I've been playing videofootie since Winning Eleven 9 (first console football game stateside that let you play online).

Joe

Does anyone play full manual? I've been playing for about 4 days on full manual and haven't scored a goal yet. :(

I'm terrible at passing defenders. If someone pressures me I'm almost guaranteed to lose the ball. I'm just not sure what I'm doing with jukes and the skill moves.

mokeyjoe

Joe said:
Does anyone play full manual? I've been playing for about 4 days on full manual and haven't scored a goal yet. :(

I'm terrible at passing defenders. If someone pressures me I'm almost guaranteed to lose the ball. I'm just not sure what I'm doing with jukes and the skill moves.

I played full manual in FIFA10 and WC2010. I don't like it so much in this - I'm not sure why. It could be that the physical nature is heightened in this version, but it's just a bit more frustrating.

I still play with manual lob and through ball though, because I enjoy having the freedom they provide. Assisted passing and everything else semi. It's the sweet spot for me and plays a good game of football. WC2010 was the best in manual IMO, although I may gravitate back to manual in this once I've got a proper feel for the game.

sneaky77

dollartaco said:
Anybody who plays with one of the lesser teams able to suggest ways to generate better offense? It's literally breakaways and corners for me...

build up slow, keep possession, just pass it around, until you find the open man, is hard to create, but if you have the ball, they can't create either, just be aware that most people keep 8 near the box and pass it long to the forwards so just watch for it.

Joe said:

I play semi passing, and crossing and shooting, and the rest manual.. I like manual crossing but is too damn inaccurate since playing ranked matches you have almost no time against the 5 star teams and I don't use those.

sneaky77 said:
build up slow, keep possession, just pass it around, until you find the open man, is hard to create, but if you have the ball, they can't create either, just be aware that most people keep 8 near the box and pass it long to the forwards so just watch for it.

Such a bitch dealing with that. People are still going for the long ball even though that doesn't work as well this year.

sneaky77

SmokingBarrelX said:
Such a bitch dealing with that. People are still going for the long ball even though that doesn't work as well this year.

yeah.. at least they made it better manageable, still playing against 5 star teams any little mistake they are gonna score.. but I been doing mostly ok, although the other day pissed me off, I had possession 73% of the time, hit the post couple of times, and on his one chance with Barcelona he scored... ahh.. ended in a tie but still

sneaky77 said:
yeah.. at least they made it better manageable, still playing against 5 star teams any little mistake they are gonna score.. but I been doing mostly ok, although the other day pissed me off, I had possession 73% of the time, hit the post couple of times, and on his one chance with Barcelona he scored... ahh.. ended in a tie but still

I feel the same way. I scream at my television so passionately because of that bs.

Slizz

Well I played the most amazing game I've played online in a lonnnnng time. I went down 3-1 to this guy in the 60th minute of the game. He was Benfica and I was Panathinaikos and his 3rd goal was a big piece of bullshit as seen here:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43802061

But then I got this in the 71st min making it 3-2:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43802145

Then this was my favorite that knots the game up at 3-3 in the 83rd minute, finally made some amazing goals with semi aiming on, that I've been missing:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43802417

And then the 88th off a corner for the win:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/43802563

kaizoku

man I duno whats changed but pro ranked match/club mode in the past few days has been awful lag wise. almost every game is laggy as hell and you can't do shit but quit.

and one cheeky fucker took the time to stop playing halfway through a game to message me to stop being greedy even though I was the only one making decent passes and made the only goal of the game. Then immediately after responding (at half time) I created the 2nd goal with my first touch of the 2nd half :lol

Meus Renaissance and I just had an match of epic proportions. He was up 3-0 at half, and I ended up coming back and the game was neck and neck the entire time. Eventually we went to penalties, and I won with a Van der Sar save against Xabi Alonso.

kaizoku

can anyone offer their thoughts/advice/links on skilled dribbling?

I'm starting to work skill moves into my game, but I'm curious about the LT+RT moves, there's a VP trait which enables skilled dribbling and I'm sure there's an advanced way to use LTRT dribbling and I reckon its super powerful, I just can't find a way to use it!

I did loads of awesome rabona's and stuff online yesterday and my club actually started winning matches and playing some good football! We had an epic session from like 8pm to 3am :lol its mental but so fun.

k0ji-wd

SmokingBarrelX said:
Meus Renaissance and I just had an match of epic proportions. He was up 3-0 at half, and I ended up coming back and the game was neck and neck the entire time. Eventually we went to penalties, and I won with a Van der Sar save against Xabi Alonso.

so his come back to/from. . .the dark side

kaizoku

so frustrating trying to find information out about FIFA. EA forums are lame and for once GAF doesn't seem on top of things either.

In this day and age, when the internet is full of forums, wikis and youtube tutorials, not being able to find out detailed knowledge of what skilled dribbling is and advanced usage tips is really annoying

sneaky77

kaizoku said:
so frustrating trying to find information out about FIFA. EA forums are lame and for once GAF doesn't seem on top of things either.

In this day and age, when the internet is full of forums, wikis and youtube tutorials, not being able to find out detailed knowledge of what skilled dribbling is and advanced usage tips is really annoying

Something like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVOUWkYjDak all the skills are on the game menus I believe

Top Bottom