• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

Magicked

kaizoku said:
Its just so sporadic, sometimes they seem real good and sometimes a tiny dwarf rated 75 and thin as a stick is holding off 2 giant defenders with ease and scoring 5 goals in 60 minutes. Its outrageous. He was also the fastest guy I've ever seen and I honestly just felt violated. Was nothing we could do.

and we don't wanna resort to using ANY, we like using our guys and its part of our principles to not use ANY.

Astro's suggestions will help, but without an ANY you will always find matches an uphill battle. With 3 guys, it isn't guaranteed that one of you will always be in a good position to receive a pass from the CPU, so you may not be able to call for it all the time. The opposing team (with an ANY) just needs to pressure the shit out of your CPU players and they will get turnovers all the time. It sucks, but sometimes you have to play the game the way it was designed (encouraging an ANY), not the way you would like it to be played.

MMaRsu

Jesus CHRIST wtffffffffff is up with these quitting fucking morons. Can't you fucking fix this shit EA? Just make it so you CANT quit out of a fucking match

I play against this fucking turd right? He picks Real Madrid, I pick Inter. I had so many fucking chances but constantly passes going to the wrong person so I lose 2-0. I do a rematch and choose PSV, he chooses some French fucking 4 star team.

I beat him 1-0 with an amazing goal in the 87'th minute and after that he fucking QUITS

WTFFFFFFFFFFF

Where is the fucking respect you french fucking bitch? I didn't fucking quit on you why the fuck would you quit on ME

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

RAGE

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
things will never get better. that situation you describe is the same or worse across every online sports game. the quit option is from just a couple years back actually, and before then people would just turn off their systems with the same regularity.

i will say it's kind of cool, people in clubs almost never quit for whatever reason (probably b/c even if you're losing you're still hanging out with your mates/pseudo-mates)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
k0ji-wd said:

holy shit :lol

I'm demoralised with the game now. I feel absolutely shit at it. When you play team after team who just whup you and seem untouchable its unbearable. I'm no FIFA expert and when you meet people who are, man its just torture.

Thats why I dont have a problem with quitting. Saves the two of you doing the little dance, the other guy still wins. Hell when I am 10 times better than someone on PES I feel guilty and take it easy on em and just run the time down so I end up getting bored while they end up getting angry.

If the loser has an easy out, go ahead. If you're over 3-0 up it stays that score, if its less than 3-0 you get a 3-0 uncontested win. Easy.

I've only ever quit once mind, but I don't get annoyed when guys quit on me really.

Clubs - every club player we come across now is just too damn hardcore. I wish it would match us with people on our level. Matchmaking or inter-club friendlies with our pros, why cant we do this?

Tf53

MMaRsu said:
Jesus CHRIST wtffffffffff is up with these quitting fucking morons. Can't you fucking fix this shit EA? Just make it so you CANT quit out of a fucking match
Just how would you prevent people from unplugging their internet cables?

The better option would be to punish them more severely (ranked matches actually do this quite a bit this year, because the maximum DNF% for quick match matchmaking is 5%) and at the same time encourage forfeiting in a civil manner (have an 'I give up' option where you lose less points, unless you're only down by a goal or two, so as to not have people cheat the system).

Another thing you can do is send provocative messages alluding to your opponents skill and/or their sexual orientation and/or how you may quite possibly be the father of their younger siblings.

agaru

Tf53 said:

The better option would be to punish them more severely (ranked matches actually do this quite a bit this year, because the maximum DNF% for quick match matchmaking is 5%) and at the same time encourage forfeiting in a civil manner (have an 'I give up' option where you lose less points, unless you're only down by a goal or two, so as to not have people cheat the system).

Another thing you can do is send provocative messages alluding to your opponents skill and/or their sexual orientation and/or how you may quite possibly be the father of their younger siblings.
:lol

Another solution that's implemented by some FPS games that I think might work is not allowing the quitter to rejoin a new game for a short period, like 5-10 minutes.

Also MMaRsu, try playing unranked more often. I personally prefer unranked H2H over ranked. It's more 'football' and has less assholes and rage quitters.

MMaRsu

Tf53 said:

Don't worry I sent that bastard like 4/5 hate messages. Then I made him an avoided player
:)

agaru said:
:lol

Another solution that's implemented by some FPS games that I think might work is not allowing the quitter to rejoin a new game for a short period, like 5-10 minutes.

Also MMaRsu, try playing unranked more often. I personally prefer unranked H2H over ranked. It's more 'football' and has less assholes and rage quitters.

Yeah I'll give that a try. In fifa 10 I'd always use custom match and 10% DNF. Here it never seemed to give me anyone to play with when I did that though.

adelante

Tf53 said:

Would love to see this. They also oughta take the system they currently have for rematches and implement it in quiting. ie. the opponent will have to agree on whether you can end the match early.

Anybody else having this stupid freezing problem after each club match? Already gotten used to it at this point but it's good know they've already begun testing the patch that's coming our way.

sneaky77

adelante said:
Would love to see this. They also oughta take the system they currently have for rematches and implement it in quiting. ie. the opponent will have to agree on whether you can end the match early.

That doesn't really help when the other player is pulling out his net cable, or going straight to dashboard.

adelante

sneaky77 said:
That doesn't really help when the other player is pulling out his net cable, or going straight to dashboard.
Oh I was gonna say any quitting outside the menu system results in a much severe penalty (high deduction of points perhaps)

Slizz

I dunno if it was Euro 2008 or FIFA 09, but if a player quit in the middle of the game you could just finish the game against the CPU and it would still count towards your online ranking. They just need to bring that back.

sneaky77

Slizz said:
I dunno if it was Euro 2008 or FIFA 09, but if a player quit in the middle of the game you could just finish the game against the CPU and it would still count towards your online ranking. They just need to bring that back.

now when they quit you get pts towards your ranking.. just got to make sure the ea servers know they left the game first before hitting that ok on the pop up

adelante said:

Anybody else having this stupid freezing problem after each club match? Already gotten used to it at this point but it's good know they've already begun testing the patch that's coming our way.

I had that problem for a few times last night. I don't know why but it happened twice in about six games maybe.

DominoKid

Mr Cola said:
This is Manchester U fucking Nited and we are 12th in the league losing games every week to fucking relegation candidates and its pissing me the hell off. Moreso than this if i reload an option file we lose the same games, again, without anything i can do to help, it feels like on some level the game is actively cheating and rather than producing the required "ill show them" attitude its making me seriously not want to play the game, games should never cheat like this and a gamer should never feel so powerless in so many games that he may aswell have been a spectator to watch his horse get shot in the head for being retarded.

/rant

But seriously this is turning into a fucking joke

Be A Pro is shit, and insanely frustrating. I say this as someone who has banged in the goals with regularity in past editions. After being stripped of the captaincy as Gourcuff for the World Cup final, i refuse to play that POS mode ever again.

i had 45 fucking goals and 34 assists throughout qualifying and the World Cup. I carried that shit team on my back and i still got stripped of the captaincy. So yeah, if you cant handle being constantly frustrated at the shitty AI, dont bother with it.

I am on such a high right now. I love playing as lesser teams to greater teams, and I just played as Santos v Inter. He played ultra defensively with just Milito and Sneijder playing forward. Eight players playing behind the midfield line. He probably could have beaten me if he wasn't such a coward, but I held him off and went into extra time. I started stringing together good build-up and good finishing but just couldn't bury. Finally, I get this goal, which is what has me excited.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/44896801

I love implementing the ground cross because it is always a risk, and there are only certain times to play it. When it works perfectly, in extra time, to beat a puss...Amazing.

gillFTR

So I was playing someone in fifa winning 1-0 and I need one more win for my 5 consecutive wins trophy and he starts kick the ball off the pitch, but then my game gets really slow and at half time it freezes sounds still going on the top it says 1/2. Is this some kind if glitch?

gillFTR

ive played 7 games with 6 of them being wins 1 draw a longtime ago and I havent got the good form trophy yet this game is awesome...

I think I found a really weird bug. When I load my Manager Career, the menu(play next match,squad,transfers), never loads. Has anyone else encountered this ?
And just right now, my Xbox locked when I tried to load it. Very strange.

agaru

Those are some awesome goals above. Watching GAFers uploaded replays is always joyful, keep 'em coming!

gillFTR said:
ive played 7 games with 6 of them being wins 1 draw a longtime ago and I havent got the good form trophy yet this game is awesome...
Are all those completed matches? Because I think if your opponent quits, the win won't be counted for that trophy/achievment. Yeah, good luck with that. :lol

gillFTR

agaru said:
Those are some awesome goals above. Watching GAFers uploaded replays is always joyful, keep 'em coming!

Are all those completed matches? Because I think if your opponent quits, the win won't be counted for that trophy/achievment. Yeah, good luck with that. :lol

wow fuck ea sports

I'm excited for UT. It really is a fun experience. I refuse to purchase booster packs with Microsoft points, so it is really rewarding when you start getting better players.

sun-drop

fuuuuck .... UT

i love hate UT

love it so much i end up only playing that mode.

hate it cause i only end up playing that mode.

really need to upgrade my VP and put more into club/team play

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sun-drop said:
fuuuuck .... UT

i love hate UT

love it so much i end up only playing that mode.

hate it cause i only end up playing that mode.

really need to upgrade my VP and put more into club/team play
:lol this is pretty much exactly how I feel about clubs. i enjoyed the 1v1 in WC a lot b/c the online modes were cool but here meh literally only play gaf league games or games to boost my VP. LOVING clubs though. the gaf club is really booming this year and it just adds so much to the experience

Magicked

AstroLad said:
:lol this is pretty much exactly how I feel about clubs. i enjoyed the 1v1 in WC a lot b/c the online modes were cool but here meh literally only play gaf league games or games to boost my VP. LOVING clubs though. the gaf club is really booming this year and it just adds so much to the experience

Yes, the GAF club is awesome. We've all been working hard to boost our VPs and do well in the matches. We're steadily moving up the ranks too. :D

Decado

Jal said:
A patch must be coming soon surely? i refuse to buy this until they fix some of the CM bugs.
Nope. Wish the reviews were more thorough...I'd have held off buying the game for sure.

Magicked

MarshMellow96 said:
Ergh, how exactly does the passing work? It feels like I put too little or too much on a pass at the moment.

Are you using assisted, semi, or manual? Personally I use semi for ground passes because it allows me to manipulate where I place the ball without having to be spot on accurate that manual requires. Plus, when you play on any speed higher than slow (online, for instance), the game moves far too fast to use manual.

For long passes I use manual, and I've become really used to it. It seems like there is less of a problem with the speed online because it charges up faster than ground passes (I think).

Either way, you just have to get used to the feel of how they charge up. It really is second nature to me now and I no longer have to look at the power bar or think about where I want to place it (especially with my long passes).

Magicked said:
Are you using assisted, semi, or manual? Personally I use semi for ground passes because it allows me to manipulate where I place the ball without having to be spot on accurate that manual requires. Plus, when you play on any speed higher than slow (online, for instance), the game moves far too fast to use manual.

For long passes I use manual, and I've become really used to it. It seems like there is less of a problem with the speed online because it charges up faster than ground passes (I think).

Either way, you just have to get used to the feel of how they charge up. It really is second nature to me now and I no longer have to look at the power bar or think about where I want to place it (especially with my long passes).

I'm using assisted currently. I've dabbled with semi but I didn't feel that it made that much difference. I might go with manual for both short and long passes and try and stick with it. Is the charge-up time any better? I think that is more the problem for me.

Magicked

MarshMellow96 said:
I'm using assisted currently. I've dabbled with semi but I didn't feel that it made that much difference. I might go with manual for both short and long passes and try and stick with it. Is the charge-up time any better? I think that is more the problem for me.

The charge up time seems fine on semi for short passes, and manual for long. I also use manual for through balls, although the charge up time is too slow. Using assisted drives me crazy because the AI makes the absolute worst decisions about where to place the ball sometimes. If I place the ball poorly, I want it to be my fault.

bolbronx

Jal said:
A patch must be coming soon surely? i refuse to buy this until they fix some of the CM bugs.

Patch is coming mid-November apparently. From the dev-team:

While we don’t have the official date for the FIFA 11 console patch just yet, we can assure you it is coming soon; we’re looking at a mid-November time frame. This update will have many of the fixes you have all asked for. As it happens, we were able to get the patch submitted to Microsoft and Sony just after the FUT 11 update was approved, helping us to streamline that process and avoid any conflict between FUT 11 and FIFA 11 console

Mid-November? But i want it now, dammit!

This is the most frustrating circumstance you could possibly find in a video game: You're playing against the computer and you don't have a physical human being with you playing on your team...The AI on your team is HORRENDOUS when it comes to staying open and moving in the proper directions. Even with using LB (360), they still make retarded runs 80% of the time. I gave up playing FIFA unless it's with an actual person, who would actually be capable of making correct movements with other players on my team. FUCK.

jlevel13

fifa_world_cup.jpg

The greyed out FIFA Interactive World Cup?

Tf53

jlevel13 said:
What is this greyed out World Cup mode suddenly appearing in online?
I'm guessing you have the PS3 version?

FIWC is the FIFA Soccer World Championship. They play qualifying rounds online, and the top players from each country are selected for a national championship, and the winners meet at the FIWC finals, which were held this year in Barcelona. The winner gets to go to the FIFA annual gala to accept his trophy.

Top Bottom