• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

Omiee

played the pc version and although it looks amazing and runs well, i just cant get over the fact that this is last years console version.
i know its a huge leap from last years pc version but still.
manager mode is the old style and still has some of the old bugs the last years one had.
guess i have to get the ps3 version anyway to play the new manager mode.

k0ji-wd

k0ji-wd said:
2zibq11.jpg

Ramen United Match Week One Brought To You By 'Anelka Burger'

11k9jic.jpg

'For that Unmistakable Douche Taste'

(Posting from the Club thread)

Get your afro, pink gloves, and green boots ready, because finally, a new season is about to begin!

So in the next day or two most of us should have the game. And with the weekend conveniently coming up, I thought it'd be appropriate to setup our first club 'match week'.

Here's how it's going to work. Once I get the game tomorrow morning, I will create the club and send invites to everybody signed up through the in-game messaging system, so don't check your XBL messages, but your 'EA Mail' by going into 'My Player Hub' in 'My FIFA Online.' I'll post to let everybody know when it's up.

I've scheduled 3 match days at the most convenient times for both the US and European based players on the weekend, but it's still impossible to mix US, European, and Asian timezones together, but hopefully it means everybody can make time to play. We'll also have a few days to work on our Virtual Pros before the first match day.

I'm going to assign captains for both US and Euro regions so that if I'm not around, the captains can start club matches themselves.

If you've signed up for the club, please try to make it to at least one for the match days. If you fail to show up, unless you're a GAF-FIFA veteran (but that's not an excuse! :lol ) you're out of the club.

So with that out of the way, here are the times (I'll be on Friday during the day anyway playing about.):

Match Day One:
US EST GMT+4 7:00PM Friday, 1st October
UK BST GMT+1 12:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 9:00AM Saturday, 2nd October

Match Day Two:
US EST GMT+4 5:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
UK BST GMT+1 10:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 7:00PM Saturday, 2nd October

Match Day Three:
US EST GMT+4 9:00PM Friday, 2nd October
UK BST GMT+1 2:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 11:00AM Saturday, 3rd October

CURRENT LINEUPS:
2pzfv3t.jpg

Reposting for new page.

These Fifa games the past couple years along with the World Cups have almost turned me into a soccer/football fan singlehandedly. I love the enthusiastic following certain players and teams seem to get. Sorry, if that was OT.

Magicked

Do you have to be playing as a CB or L/RB to do the defender accomplishments as a pro? I've been playing as a CDM and none of the accomplishments are working. :(

k0ji-wd

Magicked said:
Do you have to be playing as a CB or L/RB to do the defender accomplishments as a pro? I've been playing as a CDM and none of the accomplishments are working. :(

Going by FIFA 10, unless the achievement specifically says '. . .while playing as a defender' it should unlock. Maybe the difficulty?

Magicked

k0ji-wd said:
Going by FIFA 10, unless the achievement specifically says '. . .while playing as a defender' it should unlock. Maybe the difficulty?

Not sure. Difficulty is world class, so I doubt that's it...

sneaky77

Saren is Bad said:
4-0 online, you can tell when people haven't played the demo.

You're my hero, lol.

I went 1-1, using my Athletic Bilbao with all default tactics, formation, I dominated possesion on both games, but my finishing on manual didn't help me in the game I lost.

Cardigan

Loving the game so far. Online games have been fairly easy, so far. I'm sure that will change once I level up a bit. Played one online team game and was disgusted by how selfish the players were. I don't think I'll be playing that mode any more.

Amneisac

We were having tons of problems trying to get online games going yesterday, in fact we never got past the lobby. Every time we'd actually get lucky enough to find another team to play it would just bomb out immediately, spent about an hour and played 0 online games.

iFootball

FINALLY got to play my PS3 copy by midnight... and the game feels sooooo good :D

IMO it does feel different to the Demo... in a better way!... the physical interactions between the players are more noticeable now, and you actually shield the ball from a defender... in some instances, even when a defender has properly charged you and you loose the ball, if you react quickly and it the proper direction (and I guess with the appropriate player too), there's a small chance you can actually regain control of the ball!... I'm really liking this, as this almost never happened on previous versions.. once you were charged by someone, they immediately got control of the ball regardless of the angle the came at you

Online was a blast too, smooth as butter for me... on the three games I played I had 3 green 'bars' on the ping/connection quality and had no lag at all... BTW, my online code worked immediately

Oh! and by my third online game, I was beating some Real Madrid guy using West Ham United 2-0... and he quits the game around the 70th minute... lol, you gotta love some quitters...

I'm still using Semi & Assisted controls mostly, but this time I would like to experiment with Manual more frequently...

I unlocked the long throw trait. I really like how you are limited to five traits now. It feels pros will be more diverse this year.

Omiee

like wtf is this all about, i win the fucking match and all of a suden i get -45.
pc version btw, yeah im getting the ps3 version tomorrow

2ia7o88.jpg

and now i get +45 again, why the fuck did they give us last years bugs, couldent they just fix it.

168tytt.jpg

Adamm

Chriswok said:
shopto has sent copies out already in the UK, received mine today. Anyone found decent chant packs yet?
Do Shopto have a habit of shipping games early? I may have to start using them :lol

I've been waiting 4 years now.... so someone please please tell me that there's a standard 2 vs 2 option that doesn't involve joining lobbies at random and shouting at people so they leave your game.....?

Hixx

Omiee said:
like wtf is this all about, i win the fucking match and all of a suden i get -45.
pc version btw, yeah im getting the ps3 version tomorrow

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ia7o88.jpg[./IMG]

and now i get +45 again, why the fuck did they give us last years bugs, couldent they just fix it.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/168tytt.jpg[./IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow can't believe they didn't fix that :lol

When you seach for a player, you can press Y to put him on the shortlist and as it does that it actually removes him from the search results e.g. if you search for a new GK and shortlist Casillas, you won't be able to find him again that way. The question is, where can I access these shortlisted players? I can see under the Latest News that I've expressed an interest in them but that's about it.

Amneisac

I'm having problems with stamina on my BAP. I am not even a heavy sprinter, but there have been a few games that I've had to sit my player because he's simply run out of gas. I played FIFA 10 and of course he was slow in the beginning and couldn't sprint much, but it wasn't quite this bad.

I'm not necessarily complaining, it's only his first season, but they really dialed that back in this one from what I can tell. And no, he's not 7' 350lbs.

Vard

I played a few games online and I'm definitely struggling to score goals or even find chances! Not sure why since I didn't have that much trouble in the demo. I guess I'll play some Manager mode before I hop online again.

Not going to be able to pick this up until tomorrow, sadly. Paycheck comes in then. :(

Don't think I've been this excited for a sports game ever.

k0ji-wd

Tf53 said:
:lol

jeffpm said:
Loving the game so far. Online games have been fairly easy, so far. I'm sure that will change once I level up a bit. Played one online team game and was disgusted by how selfish the players were. I don't think I'll be playing that mode any more.

aaaaand that's why you play with a club

I played about 3 or 4 hours last night after picking it up. I played a ton of FIFA 10 and didn't touch the demo at all. It took some time to get use to and I lost my first 3 matches online but after that I got more comfortable and won a couple. All in all I like the slower pace and the general feel of the game better than FIFA 10 so far.

Haven't been following this thread but pumped for FIFA. Not out till the 1st here though! Sort of daft question, but does anybody know if the double champs have the gold Premiership badges? Cause they didn't in the demo.

Tf53

If they want people to play random team matches online, why not incorporate a grading system for your teammates? People who douche off would receive a knock in their stats for not being team players, unless they're like Ibra used to be and score all the time after stunning solos.

agaru

Looks like you can turn Pro Passing off (i.e you can turn the passing power assistance on) for online ranked matches. :lol :lol :lol SMH EA if this is a deliberate decision and not a bug. If this is not addressed, all your efforts would be a waste and welcome back to ping pong. Lots of bitching on the official boards already.

agaru said:
Looks like you can turn Pro Passing off (i.e you can turn the passing power assistance on) for online ranked matches. :lol :lol :lol SMH EA if this is a deliberate decision and not a bug. If this is not addressed, all your efforts would be a waste and welcome back to ping pong. Lots of bitching on the official boards already.

And so there should be. That fucking sucks.

I've been waiting 4 years now.... so someone please please tell me that there's a standard 2 vs 2 option that doesn't involve joining lobbies at random and shouting at people so they leave your game.....?

If anyone feels like answering my question... this is incredibly important

Top Bottom