• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 14 (360/PS3/PC) |OT| ITS NOT A RESKIN DAMNIT

jPJANC4vLSHQZ.png

jbvOvipQyVgaoY.png

PURE SHOT/REAL BALL PHYSICS

Pure Shot was developed to enable players to feel the same emotion of scoring great goals in FIFA 14 that your favorite striker does on Saturday mornings. The best goals are a combination of perfect timing, anticipation, and great positioning. Fans will be rewarded for all three in FIFA 14. Players now adjust their approach angle when the shot is started looking for a more suitable angle for hitting the ball. They also understand the phases of shooting and will adjust their stride and pace to hit the ball.

Along with changes to the shooting system, the ball in FIFA 14 acts as it would in real world football, thanks to authentic ball physics based on new formulas which dictate the flight path and trajectory of a shot. Both were overhauled for FIFA 14 to match how the ball moves in space. This opens the door to more shot options. Players will now be able to strike the ball with force from distance, drill low rising shots with accuracy, and blast dipping, or swerving shots. There are also turbulence effects. None of this was ever possible in FIFA 13.

CO-OP SEASONS

For the past two years, the FIFA team has been developing step-based locomotion technology that will enable players to move around the pitch in the most realistic way possible. From this new technology the team has created Precision Movement for all 22 players on the pitch. Now, every step counts as players pivot, plant, cut and shift momentum with true explosiveness and agility.

By recreating the biomechanics of real-world athletes, Precision Movement enables players to accelerate and decelerate dynamically, with momentum becoming an even greater factor than before.

Players will now show bursts of acceleration before reaching their maximum velocity, and this wider spectrum of speed unlocks greater build-up as well as more attacking opportunities. For example, attacking players can toy with the opposition by controlling their pace before accelerating to get past their defender.

PROTECT THE BALL

An intuitive mechanic, Protect the Ball is expected to enable players to fend off and block opponents from the ball while running at any speed. Now, when a ball carrier is being pulled while advancing, they will be able to counter this by stepping in front of the defender and using their body to shield the ball. With the ball at their feet, players will be able to step into the opposition and hold them off to maintain possession and make a pass.

Protect the Ball also gives players the ability to fight for position prior to receiving the ball. Picture a striker at the top of the box waiting for an incoming ball from a midfielder; he will now be able to win that space, receive the ball with his back to the goal, and then turn defenders to create opportunities.

TEAMMATE INTELLIGENCE

FIFA 14 introduces new run types to make goal-scoring opportunities even more exciting. Players will have the intelligence to break down defenses by creating space for themselves and separation from defenders.

You will notice that attacking players will watch the backline to avoid being caught offside before breaking free for a pass or through ball. Attackers will also now perform checked runs to confuse defenders.

Additionally, the center-forward will back into a defender to hold position and receive the ball, creating space to gain possession. Afterward, he will either release to another player or turn and shoot on goal.
jbpSRupIIULH21.png

GLOBAL TRANSFER NETWORK

The way you play Career Mode will forever change thanks to the Global Transfer Network. Managers are now able to develop, build and refine their network of scouts, gathering details on the attributes and traits of players from around the world. Scouts can be directed to search various leagues, player-types or keep an eye on specific players.

This innovative way of playing Career Mode also moves away from the concept of player overall rating as an on-demand metric of a player’s abilities. Instead, you communicate to your scouts what type of player you are looking for, using football terms such as prolific, promising, pacey and many more. This results in greater interaction with your scouts and the transfer market, and will feel much more organic and authentic.

Best of all, scouting is no longer limited to the transfer window. As in the real world, your network of scouts now searches for talent year-round, better preparing you for the frantic transfer window.

CO-OP SEASONS

hzVAG6C.jpg

Play with a friend online against two other online friends anywhere in the world in 2v2 ranked online play. Plus, Match Day has been expanded to Seasons and Co-op seasons, completely connecting fans playing online to the football season for the world’s top leagues.
jwjpH2RSVFZ21.png

DEEPER CHEMISTRY SYSTEM

In FIFA 14, you can customize your squad to play any style of football with all-new FUT Chemistry Styles. FUT Chemistry Styles and Loyalty will make each player and every team unique. These aspects replace player formation and morale in the mode.

There are a variety of different FUT Chemistry Styles for goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and forwards. Every Chemistry Style affects different player attributes, which makes each individual play styles stand out within the game.

ONLINE SINGLE MATCHES

The community’s most sought-after feature returns in FIFA 14. Players will be able to test their talents in single game matches online against rivals.

PLAYER LOYALTY

Players found in packs automatically start with a loyalty Chemistry boost, but those acquired in the Transfer Market do not.These players need to play 10 matches before they unlock loyalty.

SQUAD CUSTOMIZATION

For the first time ever in FIFA Ultimate Team, you’ll be able to customize your squad’s kit numbers and set-piece takers directly from the squad screen.

LEGENDS (EXCLUSIVE TO XBOX360/ONE)

jOo1KyQ.jpg

Legends like Pelé, Patrick Vieira, and Ruud Gullit are coming to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team exclusively to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One later this year. Fans will be able to craft their Ultimate Team with their favorite legends alongside today’s stars. Each legend comes to the game with their own unique attributes and skills they displayed at the height of their career. These players will be randomly included in Gold Packs in FIFA 14 Ultimate Team starting when the Xbox One launches.
jbnzZPmoYuvGS.png

Fifa 14 PC Online Clubs |OT| Home of Believe FC, Passion and Broken dreams

Note - Most of this comes from EA.com but I wanted some kind of OT to be out for this game.

RELEASE DATES]

NORTH AMERICA - 24TH SEPTEMBER
REST OF WORLD - 27TH SEPTEMBER

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Its a reskin isnt it?

Kidding, good work Quiche

Everyone should play the demo, its terrific and then join our PC Club, we play often and got to division 1 last year

Love the metro looking menus. They really should revamp the physics and animations of the players, not much has changed since forever.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
no more midgets

no more midgets

Clubs gonna be so fun

So, where is the cheapest place to grab it on PC? Didn't realise it launches so soon.

I would also like to know this. Is that nuuvem site legit?

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1m3ihi/fifa_14_on_nuuvemcombr_for_1990_2636_origin_key/

That is where I got it from. You do need a proxy to pay for it but other than that Origin keys are not region locked.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMSCWGS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

that is next cheapest! £25.

I would also like to know this. Is that nuuvem site legit?

Hixx said this earlier :

They are class.

I pre-ordered SR4 from them and they found out quite late that they were only going to be getting Brazilian keys rather than RotW. So they worked out where everyone who ordered it lived (via IP) and got keys for their region. I got it for £20 when all the other euro keys were going for nearer £40 so I can't imagine they made much money, if any, from me.

Mr Cola

Getting for ps3 and ps4. Maybe PC too. Believe FC.

We have played about 2,500 games in 12 months, which is 208 games a month, 6 a day average AND we took a few months break a while ago. We are not only committed, we are fucking crazy.

We are also the nicest bunch of people you could ever talk to... unless you hog the ball.

Mr Cola

The demo is finally clicking to me after i had to go back to semi for passes.

Ive been playing on World Class and hot dang do i not know how to defend, the computer makes such smart moves. Im unsure whether im bad at defending or if they exploit how hard it is to track runs.

Hargenx

I'm still playing both demos, and still don't know which one to take, both feels amazing, PES looks better from some aspect but is not the real return of the king(maybe next-gen) and FIFA just tasty fresh, love the new controls, oh god here I go to FIFA again...LOL

Tecl0n

Ive been playing on World Class and hot dang do i not know how to defend, the computer makes such smart moves. Im unsure whether im bad at defending or if they exploit how hard it is to track runs.

I find that the AI can make insane turns sometimes and there is nothing you can do about it..(Oh and by semi i meant semi manual not semi-pro, i just can't get the right speed for short passes on manual, they are either too short or just fly by the teammate...).

Mr Cola

I find that the AI can make insane turns sometimes and there is nothing you can do about it..(Oh and by semi i meant semi manual not semi-pro, i just can't get the right speed for short passes on manual, they are either too short or just fly by the teammate...).

Yeah the turning thing is odd, makes me a bit worried about clubs because shot fakes were really really hard to defend against and, while they toned them down, turning in general is sharper and there are more directions this time.

We need a PES vs FIFA thread like the Forza vs GT one. Would love some debate on this, especially with PES using the new engine on PC.

I'll be purchasing both, my usual yearly copy of FIFA and PES this year (last year too, but it is by no means a yearly purchase).

Mr Cola

We need a PES vs FIFA thread like the Forza vs GT one. Would love some debate on this, especially with PES using the new engine on PC.

I'll be purchasing both, my usual yearly copy of FIFA and PES this year (last year too, but it is by no means a yearly purchase).

There would be bannings a plenty, its tribal at this point, I play PES and I dont enjoy myself, however if I played enough PES I believe I would enjoy myself, I will never play that much PES simply because it does nto have a mode like online clubs, which is what I spent 800 hours playing last year. Until it gets a mode like that, it is not worth my time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Has EA said anything about data transferring over from PS3 to PS4? Or if this game will be part of the upgrade program in general?

iFootball

As far as I know it is. I think all EA Cross Gen games are.

I've tried to find confirmation on this (buying on PS3 and getting a cheaper PS4 version) but information is very vague on anything related to FIFA next-gen... Thus I'm holding my purchase until PS4 (I'm not the only one I see). EA is missing on some additional revenue ;)

BTW!... I read on twitter today that PS4 version is coming Nov 12th in the US!... Those are going to be 4 painful days just looking at the box

Joseca

Banned
Going to be my first FIFA since 2005 on the GC.
I'll get the ps3 version. Not considering getting next gen until next year.

Troll

Banned
Seeing Bale in his Tottenham kit is going to bother me all year. :p

Other than that nice thread I'll get next gen on Xbox.

Top Bottom