• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

So this will be the first time I ever buy a FIFA game and I know nothing about the sport. Anyone know of any good reads online where I could familiarize myself with the x's and o's of soccer?

Matty8787

So I turned on my XONE and this is down as prepurchased despite me not actually paying for it?

I was gunna give it a miss this year too!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I turned on my XONE and this is down as prepurchased despite me not actually paying for it?

I was gunna give it a miss this year too!

Do you have EA Access? Would be the free trial if so.

Ahh yeah. To be fair, I downloaded it through UK EA Access which could explain it.

What size is yours? The trial version is 13GB and it worked perfect, the one I'm downloading from the Hong Kong store is 15.5GB but I honestly don't think that should be an issue.

I also spoke to support and it sounds like it hasn't been released yet since they don't have the specific times. Could be up in 10 minutes or 5 hours just have to wait.

Was just checking out some of the in form prices from the first TOTW in FUT 2014. Man, even the silvers were blowing up after a while.

It's too late now but some of those guys that were going for 15-20k could be hitting 100k in a couple months. If you got the IF Neymar you're pretty much set for all of Fifa. Sell that card at the right time and you could buy nearly anyone you want.

Matty8787

What size is yours? The trial version is 13GB and it worked perfect, the one I'm downloading from the Hong Kong store is 15.5GB but I honestly don't think that should be an issue.

I also spoke to support and it sounds like it hasn't been released yet since they don't have the specific times. Could be up in 10 minutes or 5 hours just have to wait.

Nope I don't have EA Access, checked the store and it is the FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition where it says Manage :S

Hope my account hasn't been compromised.

Changed my settings to ask for a passkey when using the store anyhow.

Hasney

Nope I don't have EA Access, checked the store and it is the FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition where it says Manage :S

Hope my account hasn't been compromised.

Changed my settings to ask for a passkey when using the store anyhow.

Have you been drinking recently? I have bought sober me gifts before.

Matty8787

Have you been drinking recently? I have bought sober me gifts before.

Nope haha, was more swayed towards PES this year!

And on second thoughts, I would have had an email had my account bought it? And why would somebody log on and buy a game on my account for me?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Anyone else having issues with the sound not working with certain devices? It plays fine when I run it through my headphones, but when I try HDMI I get nothing. Can't remember having this issue with the demo either.

Genio88

Was just checking out some of the in form prices from the first TOTW in FUT 2014. Man, even the silvers were blowing up after a while.

It's too late now but some of those guys that were going for 15-20k could be hitting 100k in a couple months. If you got the IF Neymar you're pretty much set for all of Fifa. Sell that card at the right time and you could buy nearly anyone you want.

I got Neymar IF in the first loyalty pack on the web app(i've never been that lucky in UT), i'd like to keep him in my team, but just for curiosity i checked the market and i've seen people buying it for 1000.000, do you think the price will raise up? I'm on Xbox One.

Anyway here is him in my actual team
Cattura.png

Hasney

Sell him, but wait until Friday when everyone has the game. It could go up in time, but if he gets a second IF, he could go down.

I got Neymar IF in the first loyalty pack on the web app(i've never been that lucky in UT), i'd like to keep him in my team, but just for curiosity i checked the market and i've seen people buying it for 1000.000, do you think the price will raise up? I'm on Xbox One.

Anyway here is him in my actual team
Cattura.png

Sell him, but wait until Friday when everyone has the game. It could go up in time, but if he gets a second IF, he could go down.

Definitely don't just sell him now. A first week in form is a long investment unless he gets a 2nd in form.

Neymar's in forms are always very high priced. Even now he's sitting at a million and he's still in packs. When he's gone the price could easily reach 1.5 or even 2 million.

Genio88

As i said i'd like to keep him, in the demo he's pretty strong, and that is the IF version, i'll sell him only if is price will raise over 1.500.000

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Does anybody know of any issues i could come across if i bought FIFA on my US account on PS4? Im from the UK

Only thing that'll affect you is you cannot buy fifa points to buy packs, you'll have to earn them. Doesn't bother me in the slightest but may bother others.

SpaceHorror

So I went by Gamestop and paid off my preorder earlier under the assumption they are doing a midnight release , which would be great as I get off at 11pm and don't return to work until 3pm tomorrow. However, my friend just called me and told me they aren't doing a midnight release at my store, even though the website says they are and I got the customary text message telling me I can pick up at game at 12:01am Tuesday morning.

Tempted to go to Wal-Mart and pick it up and then just cancel my Gamestop pre-order for a refund. Even though whenever I do that the local Gamestop employees act as if I've just asked them to lop off an arm or something.

I feel like such a sucker, though. I've been bitching about FIFA 15 in comparison to how excellent the PES 15 demo is and yet here I am upset that I can't pick up my pre-order 10 hours earlier.

Lashley

So I went by Gamestop and paid off my preorder earlier under the assumption they are doing a midnight release , which would be great as I get off at 11pm and don't return to work until 3pm tomorrow. However, my friend just called me and told me they aren't doing a midnight release at my store, even though the website says they are and I got the customary text message telling me I can pick up at game at 12:01am Tuesday morning.

Tempted to go to Wal-Mart and pick it up and then just cancel my Gamestop pre-order for a refund. Even though whenever I do that the local Gamestop employees act as if I've just asked them to lop off an arm or something.

I feel like such a sucker, though. I've been bitching about FIFA 15 in comparison to how excellent the PES 15 demo is and yet here I am upset that I can't pick up my pre-order 10 hours earlier.
id trust the website and the text message over a friend, but y'know thats just me...

SpaceHorror

id trust the website and the text message over a friend, but y'know thats just me...

Nah, I called them after he told me and verified, they aren't having one. When I pointed out the text message and the website they told me that was only for stores with a high enough number of pre-orders, which unfortunately they didn't reach, even though I pointed out that their store specifically is listed. I didn't argue further as there was no point really, it's not like they were suddenly going to schedule their employees to come in for a surprise midnight launch.

RulkezX

I still can't defend worth a shit.

How the fuck do people do it. Every year I buy this shit and every year since they changed defending I suck.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When do gamestop (UK) normally send games out, and do they send you an email? I sent a couple of games in for the FIFA15 for 99p offer and haven't heard anything from them.

Tainted

I still can't defend worth a shit.

How the fuck do people do it. Every year I buy this shit and every year since they changed defending I suck.

Im with you on this one. Ever since they changed it over to tactical defending (FIFA 12 wasnt it ?)...my defending has nosedived.

I know I've had 3 FIFA's to get used to it....but it continues to be the worst part of my game :(

JLck

Any luck?

Lashley

Im with you on this one. Ever since they changed it over to tactical defending (FIFA 12 wasnt it ?)...my defending has nosedived.

I know I've had 3 FIFA's to get used to it....but it continues to be the worst part of my game :(

R2+L2 your defender and cover the spaces as you send your teammate to challenge the opponent with O is helpful. Otherwise, take your time and don't rush in.

Tainted

R2+L2 your defender and cover the spaces as you send your teammate to challenge the opponent with O is helpful. Otherwise, take your time and don't rush in.

Thanks...yep rushing in is probably the one mistake I continue to make. The other one (which is no fault of the game) is accidently switching to a defender and running away from the goal/player leaving open space for the opposition

Thanks...yep rushing in is probably the one mistake I continue to make. The other one (which is no fault of the game) is accidently switching to a defender and running away from the goal/player leaving open space for the opposition

Yeah man it's better to just stay in front of him than try and immediately go for the ball.

Encountered my first gay glitch last night....A sliding tackle turned into an epileptic getting a rusty trumpet.....something tells me the compilations are going to be the best yet

Carlius

Banned
lol 45 min wait to chat with ea help cause they havent given me my game that i pre ordered the first day it went up for pre order. it just diappeared from my list and they told me 5 times that it was going to be available 1 for pre load, which was a lie, and 2 for release, which is nearing to be another lie.

jesalr

But your teammate won't auto-challenge with L2 will they? They just do that stupid contain thing that never works right.

3.5 hours until the game unlocks. For those that got the ultimate editiom, do the 40 fut passes unlock right away or is a gradual thing?

Top Bottom