• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Fenzer

I still don't understand what it does when you press X (on PS4) in tactical defense, someone can explain ? I feel like it changes nothing that I press it or not

DrunkDan

I still don't understand what it does when you press X (on PS4) in tactical defense, someone can explain ? I feel like it changes nothing that I press it or not

Now, essentially nothing. It used to get you - and keep you - close enough to a player to decide when you wanted to put in a tackle. Now it gets you near, the forward changes direction and the defenders can't react quick enough and off they go.

Well, the majority of the time anyway.

How the fuck do you defend in this game? I used to use R1 to pressure but that barely works.

It seems like a simple through ball between my defenders ensures a shot on target. I have players running straight at me and just power through.

Played the PES demo; game looks and plays much better than this years FIFA

alterno69

Banned
That's why i went back to legacy defending. I know it doesn't work on matchmaking but at least offline it's less frustrating.

I always have more fun online in Fifa games when using average teams, that way i avoid facing Messi and Ronaldo every other game and the game is much better without the best rated players.

PES can't come soon enough.

el_Nikolinho

Neo Member
I must be the only person who can't defend on pes and thinks defending on fifa 15 is super easy and almost identical to 14. Part of that is because I'm not used to the pes controls though.

alterno69

Banned
Part of the problem defending in Fifa is the AI. Midfielders don't track back enough and overall, if the attacker is at a certain distance from AI defenders they seem to be ignored completely leaving huge space for attackers to explote.

sneaky77

How the fuck do you defend in this game? I used to use R1 to pressure but that barely works.

It seems like a simple through ball between my defenders ensures a shot on target. I have players running straight at me and just power through.

Played the PES demo; game looks and plays much better than this years FIFA
I've had better success tracking with l2 and using r1 only to ocassional pressure when they try to turn around me to bring another defender to block, but I'm not playing with high level teams

LegoArmo

Every time I loan a player in Ultimate Team, I don't actually receive them. Really odd and annoying bug and I can't find anyone else who's experienced it from a quick Google.

It still takes my EASFC coins though, of course.

Denzel

I just lost to my friend who's shit at fifa 5-4. He had real madrid i had PSG. Literally just passed the ball to Bale, CR7 or Benzema and held sprint all the way to the box and pressed B to score. what the fuck. In fifa 14 i'd win 7-0, 9-2, etc. No idea how he's scoring on legendary

sneaky77

The more I play the more I think the player AI is totally isolated per player as in, each player depending on position has an invisible box around them, and it only activates when something happens in that area.. I mean is the only way that makes sense to me why the AI is so terrible.. specially in terms of whole team AI..
And also the kickoff thing where someone fast can cut thru all the way.. how did that make it past qa? what kind of incompetent testers do they have?

AcridMeat

Banned
I still try online every once in a while and every single time it's a fight against input lag. I just don't get it. Even this game is running perfectly smoothly and yet every single input for a shot is way more power than every time I press it the same way in offline. Fucking joke.

edit: I still enjoy pro clubs though.

Portugeezer

Now, essentially nothing. It used to get you - and keep you - close enough to a player to decide when you wanted to put in a tackle. Now it gets you near, the forward changes direction and the defenders can't react quick enough and off they go.

Well, the majority of the time anyway.

And this wouldn't be so much of a problem if other defenders actually covered the space rather than just watching a player run past you. This is why I never use any of that shit, I just run to players, keep a yard ahead of them manually and let go of run button and hover around them until the player automatically tackles. Guys try to zig zag with fast players, but I ain't having none of that mate, always a yard ahead until they take that step too close to my defenders.

No R1 bullshit. No standing lunge tackles (only use once I'm close enough to pull and pressure players). Definitely no X standing off players.

Flew to Division 3 on FUT since changing my tactics and no looking back.

Just pulled a Benzema out of one of my free Ultimate Team packs. Sell it or keep it?

thanks for posting that the free packs are out! I have the best luck on FUT.

xzjxgw.gif

stay gold

Just pulled a Benzema out of one of my free Ultimate Team packs. Sell it or keep it?

Keep if you want a French or La Liga team as he's the best striker. Sell if not I guess, he fetches quite a bit.

The defending is fine imo. The problem with the game is you just cannot have a game where defending is manual and attacking is all assisted and expect a balanced result.

Make defending manual, fine. But don't leave through balls, passing, crossing and shooting as assisted ffs.

AcridMeat

Banned
Messi Reus and 3 TOTWs now :lol. Only spent £8 or so on some packs day 1 cause Messi funded the rest!
I hate you. My best pull is still Ramsey and Hamsik.
Keep if you want a French or La Liga team as he's the best striker. Sell if not I guess, he fetches quite a bit.

The defending is fine imo. The problem with the game is you just cannot have a game where defending is manual and attacking is all assisted and expect a balanced result.

Make defending manual, fine. But don't leave through balls, passing, crossing and shooting as assisted ffs.
I'm with you here, I think manual on both would be great. It's funny, on the higher difficulties in offline the AI use the same exploits as people online. Chipped through balls everywhere.

Hixx

This sort of thing is so rare I'm willing to give them a pass. I've played around 150 matches so far and seen maybe one keeper goof. As a whole they're much better this year.

On PC you will not go a single game without a keeper fuck up. Honestly it's like their AI turns off.

obysde.gif

I'm giving up multiplayer games (mostly) so selling my Xbox One no more Fifa as really does make me more angry than having fun. I'm just a sucker to keep on playing it.

Anyway point being if anyone on the Xbox One wants some free coins I am probably going to sell up my team later today and will give away my coins. I think it is only about 75k value for the whole team but it's better than nothing!

Denzel

Can't tell you how many "Connection to your opponent was lost. This could be a result of a NAT problem. Your NAT is currently OPEN, but your opponent could have been MODERATE or RESTRICTIVE. Please search again." I've gotten, fuck.

Liamc723

I'm giving up multiplayer games (mostly) so selling my Xbox One no more Fifa as really does make me more angry than having fun. I'm just a sucker to keep on playing it.

Anyway point being if anyone on the Xbox One wants some free coins I am probably going to sell up my team later today and will give away my coins. I think it is only about 75k value for the whole team but it's better than nothing!

I'd take some!

Is there a reason I'm no longer earning XP or Fifa coins for offline games? Could have sworn I was earlier. Also, I have no idea how people play online in this game. I've played 7 seasons matches and only 2 of those didn't have game-breaking stuttering.

The_Poet

Banned
Got Costa in one of my 15 free packs

Hes absolute shite. Couldn't even finish a sunday dinner let alone a chance...

Got Sturridge instead who is bangin em in. Costa's acceleration was painful

https://gfycat.com/InstructiveRightKestrel

So tired of conceding goals like that. Maybe it's Lloris, but keepers are missing shots painfully close to them. The do this little run our thing after the shot, and leave themselves in the middle of nowhere. Literally driving me crazy, so many simple near post shots.

It's when they take steps forwards, there's not animation sequence to initiation a save unless it's a sprawl. So it takes a frame or two for them to stop and then go into stand still save animation. By which time of course - goal.

It's why I never charge my keeper out anymore.

jesalr

It's when they take steps forwards, there's not animation sequence to initiation a save unless it's a sprawl. So it takes a frame or two for them to stop and then go into stand still save animation. By which time of course - goal.

It's why I never charge my keeper out anymore.

Yeah, but I'm not pulling him out at this point. He's doing that stupid run on his own, and it's cost me so many games now.

I'd take some!

Having some issues sending PM's so you are now 50k richer. I won my last game 5-0 and scored a couple of great goals so it was a good game to bow out on :)

In my brief time BBVA teams seem way better than any other, the quality of passing in the midfield and amazing central defenders (for the money) meant I won about 80% of my games when I switched to that team. Rodrigo is an amazing striker, obviously Neymar + Bale is a lethal combo up front. Playing Bale at 3 chemistry didn't change how lethal he was (loaned him for 4 games), definitely recommend trying Muller up front if you have a Bundesliga team.

Think i'm done with this game for now. i don't mind attackers dribbling through my defence like Messi as most times i can stop them with well timed tackles and my formation.

What i can't stand is the "next gen" goalkeepers missing shots that are right besides them and not making an attempt on finese shots from outside the box.

The amount of goals i conceded from finese shots outside the box is ridiculous. i played a game where one player tried that all game and scored 5 with tevez. its so frustrating as i enjoyed the demo better but now i just end up getting angry.

Top Bottom