• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

TsuWave

I bought this mostly for career mode after an absence from the series. I think the last one I enjoyed was 12, but erm yeah, I hate how they redesigned the transfer section, i find it less enjoyable now with all the scouting you gotta do. I understand its supposed to be more "realistic" but it honestly feels like a chore especially when you start with small clubs and can't afford good scouts. it makes everything such a long process, its just horrible and took some of the fun out of it for me. they should've at least kept the option of doing it like we used to.

HarshPrestigiousGreathornedowl.gif

488006991-474945.jpg

THIS happens way too easily and often this year. I had a couple of times yesterday online where the other team took a single player and weaved through 5 or 6 guys and got to the box so easily. Whats up with that?

Double D

I'm playing an offline career as a player for the first time ever. It's actually quite a lot of fun so far.

I'm having trouble with the 'beat players with skill moves' though. Any tips on that? Im a 3 star skiller and it seems like the only move I have that will get me past a defender is the roulette. Doing this successfully 100 times to get 4 stars seems like it will take ages.

I bought this mostly for career mode after an absence from the series. I think the last one I enjoyed was 12, but erm yeah, I hate how they redesigned the transfer section, i find it less enjoyable now with all the scouting you gotta do. I understand its supposed to be more "realistic" but it honestly feels like a chore especially when you start with small clubs and can't afford good scouts. it makes everything such a long process, its just horrible and took some of the fun out of it for me. they should've at least kept the option of doing it like we used to.

Completely agree. I hated it in 14 and I'm very disappointed it carried over. It isn't fun at all. I don't want to send scouts out and hope they find me good players, I just want a list of names and ratings. This isn't Football Manager.

My scout came back recommending Eden Hazard and Steven Jovetic. I'm Ipswich Town in the Championship. Good work, game.

Even searching for out of contract players is a pain because, one again, you don't know their ratings so they are just listed alphabetically. It's a pain in the arse.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Use FUTHead for ratings etc

But yeah, its a pain in the cunt

w00zey

Does anyone know where to set injuries off for the create-a-player seasons? I swear in my first season I was injured 1 month and then 3 games later I was injured for 2 months.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
How does FUT matchmaking work? I put in some work and got a decent team together, but when I went into online Seasons was facing dudes with 80+ teams with 100 chemistry in division 10. wtf!? I thought putting together a strong team would at least get me a few easy games in the first couple divisions.

How does FUT matchmaking work? I put in some work and got a decent team together, but when I went into online Seasons was facing dudes with 80+ teams with 100 chemistry in division 10. wtf!? I thought putting together a strong team would at least get me a few easy games in the first couple divisions.

I think its based on the star rating of your team. I'm in division 10 as well, and my 4.5 star team seems to get matched up with 4 or 5 star teams in matchmaking.

15 is better than 14. Ultimate Team wise, anyway. Hated the crossing and heading shit from last year, along with the stupid strength

Haven't played seasons or be a pro

I never got anything good out of the Ultimate team packs, after spending $20(since I got the game for free). But I've managed to get a decent team out of the items I got by selling and investing. I have a 5 star rated team with 80 overall and 100 chemistry with Schurrle, Muller and Kroos in the middle (70,000 coins in value). I'm not spending a single dollar more on the game though, to much of a gamble.

Luckily I still have 12 packs more to open since the gift was a pre-order from Amazon. I want to get a C. Ronaldo from the packs to stop worrying about coins.

Edit: To the poster above me: yeah I agree 100%. Ultimate team is the best part of the game by a large margin. Even the matches online.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think its based on the star rating of your team. I'm in division 10 as well, and my 4.5 star team seems to get matched up with 4 or 5 star teams in matchmaking.

Ah OK fair enough. Think I'm going to downgrade my team just to get to 100 Chem then (or as close as I can).

Portugeezer

I've gotten to the point where I am happy with my players and can't really improve it much more without opening packs/getting a shitload of coins.

Flying up FUT divisions (when servers don't disconnect and give me a loss, that is).

So I was playing online on Ultimate team trying new cameras to see if I could get used to another one instead of the default one. Of course I started playing like shit and went down 3-0 on the first half, but I was like whatever, I'm just practicing. But then the other person decides to make fun of me by doing stupid dribblings/losing time. It pissed me of so much that I changed the cameras back to default and played like I know. Ended up winning 4-3 scoring all the 4 goals in the last 20mins. I wonder who was the one raging at that point. Felt so damn good.Fuck I needed to vent.

Gibbo

Think i'm done with this game for now. i don't mind attackers dribbling through my defence like Messi as most times i can stop them with well timed tackles and my formation.

What i can't stand is the "next gen" goalkeepers missing shots that are right besides them and not making an attempt on finese shots from outside the box.

The amount of goals i conceded from finese shots outside the box is ridiculous. i played a game where one player tried that all game and scored 5 with tevez. its so frustrating as i enjoyed the demo better but now i just end up getting angry.

Im with you. And i spent hours on fifa 14. I think ill continue to play online friendlies with my close buds tho. At least they have the decency to skip replays after scoring goals. Im already so frustrated with the game as it is.

Also i dont get how reviews are praising the 'new goalkeepers'. Granted their animations are nicer now, but this has come at the expense of their AI

Portugeezer

So many times in FIFA 15 an opponent passes to his attacking player inside my area and defenders just let him turn and back off him, creating a huge fucking gap... in the fucking area! I scramble to switch to a player in the box but a lot of the times it switches to a player in a bad position.

I bought the Ultimate Edition on launch and still haven't received one extra pack from it and can't seem to find anything online if the "free" packs I'm supposed to be getting are delayed. Anyone else have this issue?

Double D

I bought the Ultimate Edition on launch and still haven't received one extra pack from it and can't seem to find anything online if the "free" packs I'm supposed to be getting are delayed. Anyone else have this issue?

I've been getting my free packs every week. They usually show up Sunday evening (eastern) and are just under 'my packs'. If you aren't getting them you should contact support or something.

alterno69

Banned
I almost send my controller against the wall yesterday, seems like the best tactic in FUT is to get fast players and try to drible past the entire team to score or try finesses shots from outside the box. Defending is too fucking hard compared to how easy it is to drible past players thisnyears, there's no balance at all.

I will leave Fifa for now and focus on Shadow of Mordor.

Way to ruin this game EA.

I almost send my controller against the wall yesterday, seems like the best tactic in FUT is to get fast players and try to drible past the entire team to score or try finesses shots from outside the box. Defending is too fucking hard compared to how easy it is to drible past players thisnyears, there's no balance at all.

I'm feeling the same way, it's so difficult to get the ball away from dribblers now. I've changed my team's philosophy in FUT as a result to focus more on a solid defensive formation that can fall back to the middle. Changed to 4-1-2-1-2, and went for Italian defense and midfielders. Seems to be working out so far, strung together some wins last night. But I'm still running into to many situations where my opponent will walk through 5 or 6 of my players from half all the way to my net.

flyshow

Why is no one slide tackling there? Just ball watching

Why slide tackle if the defenders already close in the dribbler and a toe move would suffice to intercept? The problem is that teammate AIs and even the user-controlled player are dodge ball masters in this year's FIFA. Even if a tackle reaches the ball in the first place, chances are the ball would bounce back to the dribbler while the defender loses his balance. This happens more than ever before. Tactical Defense and Impact Engine are crippled this time.

Portugeezer

Why slide tackle if the defenders already close in the dribbler and a toe move would suffice to intercept? The problem is that teammate AIs and even the user-controlled player are dodge ball masters in this year's FIFA. Even if a tackle reaches the ball in the first place, chances are the ball would bounce back to the dribbler while the defender loses his balance. This happens more than ever before. Tactical Defense and Impact Engine are crippled this time.

Except it's not this year because people just dribble the ball the opposite direction and defenders can never get near enough until the player gets close enough to the box, in which case he has to start focussing on goal.

Before they get near or around the box though, it's a fucking pain to try and tackle anyone.

flyshow

Except it's not this year because people just dribble the ball the opposite direction and defenders can never get near enough until the player gets close enough to the box, in which case he has to start focussing on goal.

Before they get near or around the box though, it's a fucking pain to try and tackle anyone.

Yeah, problems accumulate and overall make 15 no fun at all.

1. Defenders can hardly catch up fast/strong attackers;
2. Teammate AIs act like morons when pick their defending positions most of the time;
3. When a defender finally manages to get to a blocking position, he dodges the ball;
4. When player manually presses standing/sliding tackle, the collision system just hates the defender and would probably give the ball back to the attacker after some ping pong bouncing.

For me, Tactical Defense and Impact Engine are what makes the recent years' FIFA shine. This time they are unfathomable mess.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Yeah, problems accumulate and overall make 15 no fun at all.

1. Defenders can hardly catch up fast/strong attackers;
2. Teammate AIs act like morons when pick their defending positions most of the time;
3. When a defender finally manages to get to a blocking position, he dodges the ball;
4. When player manually presses standing/sliding tackle, the collision system just hates the defender and would probably give the ball back to the attacker after some ping pong bouncing.

For me, Tactical Defense and Impact Engine are what makes the recent years' FIFA shine. This time they are unfathomable mess.

Other than 1 its kind of always been like that. My primary beef is all the warping or random speed boosts offensive players do off of touches and deflections. It creates tremendous space without offensive players working for it.

I also feel as though tackling without the standing/sliding tackle button has been fucked a bit. Players aren't as aggressive at grabbing the ball when you get close. You gotta try a bit harder to actually put your player on the ball and force the game to respond and take it. To compensate I rapidly tap the contain button which will force it to respond at last year's distances......or force your player into a ridiculous position because video games.

valeo

Last FiFA I played was 13; in 15 I find I can dribble from kickoff around every player (online) with Gourcuff on a regular basis. Its weird.

Tainted

Have they fixed ps4 screen adjustment issue yet?

This better be fixed in the next patch, as I have had to re-adjust my screen area back to normal to accommodate other games.....it's pretty damn annoying in having to adjust this to minimum each time I want to play FIFA :(

Meier

Does anyone know if you can use multiple pre-order pack per week bonus codes? Like, could I get 2 packs per week with multiple codes?

They tried to fix the LB+Y kickoff glitch by forcing defenders to stay at the goal line on kickoff. They also forgot about recoding the midfield about this change, who still rush forward at kickoff as if it was an offside trap push. So..... you have this HUGE sea of space in between midfield and defense at kickoff. Unless you manually pull your striker back, once the opponent gets past the kickoff circle, you should start praying.

Also, every team I face now in div 6 or so is a 400k+ team. Aguero/Neymar/Bale etc. Aguero just lols at my defenders attempts to mark/tackle him, and every shot with Neymar is a goal. WTH.

Am I just doing it wrong? Or is EVERYONE except me buying coins?

Also regular non-FUT seasons on XBone has no one queing for 4 star teams and below. If I pick Madrid, instant match. /cry

valeo

They tried to fix the LB+Y kickoff glitch by forcing defenders to stay at the goal line on kickoff. They also forgot about recoding the midfield about this change, who still rush forward at kickoff as if it was an offside trap push. So..... you have this HUGE sea of space in between midfield and defense at kickoff. Unless you manually pull your striker back, once the opponent gets past the kickoff circle, you should start praying.

Also, every team I face now in div 6 or so is a 400k+ team. Aguero/Neymar/Bale etc. Aguero just lols at my defenders attempts to mark/tackle him, and every shot with Neymar is a goal. WTH.

Am I just doing it wrong? Or is EVERYONE except me buying coins?

Also regular non-FUT seasons on XBone has no one queing for 4 star teams and below. If I pick Madrid, instant match. /cry

Im finding it far harder to play against teams with 'top' players, for sure. I always liked building teams with good chemistry but not amazing players, too - now it seems like you need a Bale/Ronaldo/Messi/Ribery etc

How are your records? I'm at 77-14-32 right now.

Buying that Robben was a sweet idea. Now that he's got an inform this week his price has shot way up and I'm gonna cash in soon.

BSherrod

Someone asked earlier if you used two codes would you get two packs every Sunday and I'm pretty sure you will because I got the Ultimate Team edition and still got the 15 pack preorder code from GameStop and get two packs every Sunday so far. Best pull I've gotten out of all my packs is Sergio Aguero and he's been awesome for me. I feel like I've given up way too many BS goals this year compared to last year and I feel like a much better player now than 14, really frustrating. Near post shots are crazy OP this year. World class keepers will have more than a few shots go right above their heads or fall the wrong way and it can really piss me off online. Ugh.

Top Bottom