• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Portugeezer

Will destroy any other U21 team, come at me bro.

U21 minus the keeper that is, no way I am playing with a 68 keeper in FUT Division 3.

BzmBev_IUAImwIn.jpg:orig

jesalr

What day does the matchday form get updated? I remember it used to be wednesdays, but not sure about the last few years.

Hixx

I still can't think of a reason for them putting 'Park the Bus' in. Ultra defensive pricks were already annoying enough.

sneaky77

I still can't think of a reason for them putting 'Park the Bus' in. Ultra defensive pricks were already annoying enough.

It wouldn't be as bad if speed and fatigue worked correctly.. but when you can full on sprint for 90 minutes without penalty.. ugh

jesalr

Weekly form is absolute bullshit.

Spurs beat Southampton. No players on green form, three players on red, including Naughton who was playing well until a Southampton player injured him.

Southampton? 6 green, 1 red.

DrunkDan

Anyone here play pro clubs on Xbox one? I'm going to be cheeky and ask if somebody can gift the undershirt and high socks because I am like a million levels away from getting them (level 53 lol).

Even more infuriating seeing as I have about 30k worth of FCC coins just sitting there but not a high enough level to purchase the remaining pro clubs catalogue items.

Edit: my gamer tag is DrunkDan85 for any kind soul that does me a good turn. Thanks

dvdjamm

100% FIFA newbie here...I just got the Ultimate Edition game and tried it for the 1st time and I noticed that I don't see the store...Do I have to play FUT 1st in order for the store to show? I've only played on practice for the time being.

Double D

100% FIFA newbie here...I just got the Ultimate Edition game and tried it for the 1st time and I noticed that I don't see the store...Do I have to play FUT 1st in order for the store to show? I've only played on practice for the time being.

Not really sure. Did you try logging into the FUT web app?

v1lla21

Finally started to play FUT and man, this shit is fun. Bought a few packs with the 20k coins I had and I pulled a few good players to net me 40k. I made a whole Mexican squad with the winnings and still was left over with 3k. Fuck contracts though.

7 game losing streak with FUT online seasons now. Too many goals scored against from guys taking the ball solo from kickoff and dribbling all the way to my net. Can't deal with this shit anymore.
The way I defend against this is by pressuring with one player while holding L2 and walking back slowly. The person will eventually try to cut and it will be easy to get the ball.

I also hate when I get put against people who only have 80+ overall players. There's no way I'll beat them since they are better at everything.

7 game losing streak with FUT online seasons now. Too many goals scored against from guys taking the ball solo from kickoff and dribbling all the way to my net. Can't deal with this shit anymore.

Yeah I stopped playing it a while back. EA cant innovate anymore so they randomly tweak controls and package it as 'new'.

Malcolm9

The gameplay in FIFA is immensely shallow, it has the looks and the presentation yet still resembles basketball more than football, shame that.

DrunkDan

The gameplay in FIFA is immensely shallow, it has the looks and the presentation yet still resembles basketball more than football, shame that.

The worst part of it is that any mention of this type of thing over on the EA Fifa forums results ins million people telling you to learn how to play the game properly, or even posts being removed by mods.

It's crazy how they went from altering the defence to tactical - which had a learning curve but became manageable - to then overpowering the attack and making the defence even harder.

The game is set up to make anybody feel like they can have a go but at a cost. It's like the developers think every game is a 5 (or more) goal thriller. Wouldn't be so bad but the community is made up of tons of players who will happily exploit mechanics to win rather than try to play football.

And don't even get me started on the shit that is 5 at the back/park the bus/quick counter/high pressure combo.

Bobnob

Phoned MS and got my money refunded, Fut: most teams in div 4 and above are there because of lag mainly in my experiance, infact from 10 upto 1 the lag gets progressivly worse the higher you climb imo.Don't get me wrong though there's still some good players without lag.

Personally I think defending is hard only if you make it hard. They do give you a bunch of options to defend. My favorite, that I have been using lately in ps4 every time that I get put with someone that wants to dribble all my team, is to press R1 to send another player to contain while also tackling them with good timing. I also hold O a lot to grab t shirts, is there for a reason. Works every time. Oh, and in tactics I always use high pressure.
My team do have 85 overall and 100 in chemistry though.

I can't believe/understand why I keep playing against teams with 4/5 stars 100 chemistry when I'm in league 9 and using a 2 star bronze team. Furthermore the amount of teams with informs and other crazy cards is damn odd.

Convinced there's no real matchmaking now.

Pimpwerx

If I didn't sign into FUT for the last 18 days, and I didn't open any of the weekly packs I'm eligible for, do I lose them completely? I logged in just now and only saw 1 gold pack waiting for me. I thought they stacked up if you couldn't sign in. PEACE.

Swance

Neo Member
If I didn't sign into FUT for the last 18 days, and I didn't open any of the weekly packs I'm eligible for, do I lose them completely? I logged in just now and only saw 1 gold pack waiting for me. I thought they stacked up if you couldn't sign in. PEACE.

You have to redeem them every week.

It might be in this thread already and I could have missed it. Any one having problems with the commentating sound not working?? All the other sounds work but that. Any solutions? thanks

I just went from losing 3-0 to tying 4-4 in an online match on FUT. Went fucking crazy since I tied in the last minute of the game. When stuff like that happens I remember why I am a crazy football fan.

Silly question: once you purchase a FUT Coin Reward Boost can you purchase it again when it expires ? Or is it a one purchase only scenario ?

jesu

Silly question: once you purchase a FUT Coin Reward Boost can you purchase it again when it expires ? Or is it a one purchase only scenario ?

Just the once, but there is various different boosts you can buy.
They don't stack if you buy more than one at a time btw but they do run consecutively.

I can't believe/understand why I keep playing against teams with 4/5 stars 100 chemistry when I'm in league 9 and using a 2 star bronze team. Furthermore the amount of teams with informs and other crazy cards is damn odd.

Convinced there's no real matchmaking now.
I never could understand this either surely theres enough teams at a similar ranking to make it interesting.

valeo

Is anyone else getting stuttering on PC since the patch? Have tried everything..was fine before. Have AMD and a Radeon.

Just the once, but there is various different boosts you can buy.
They don't stack if you buy more than one at a time btw but they do run consecutively.

I noticed, I had purchased the 200 and 1000 point boosts back to back. The 1000 point boost ran out and the 200 point boost is about to. It's going to suck earning so little points per match again lol.

The way I defend against this is by pressuring with one player while holding L2 and walking back slowly. The person will eventually try to cut and it will be easy to get the ball.

This has really helped a lot, thanks! I've also changed my pre-game tactics to "high-pressure", and set my two CB's to play man-to-man defence. This has cracked down on the dribbling quite a bit, I'm on a 3 game win streak now with the last game being a clean sheet 1-0 victory. Thanks again!

alterno69

Banned
I'm so close to giving up on this, played almost 100 fut games and i still can't defend for shit. Once i got the hang of driblers i started conceding from long range shots or some shit like that. This game has the most amount of fifa goals in years. Near post, long ranged, drible past an entire team, you name it. The whole FUT tactic seems to come down to buying fast players for the key positions and exploit the game mechanics. Every game plays so similar. Yet i can't stop playing this shit.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I'm having real difficulty adapting. Played a few matches, the game tells me I'm ready for Semi-Pro-level, play my first match and get my ass handed to me. I gotten better at defence, but I can't score for shit. Either the goalie is in the way or I'm shooting at people in the crowd :(

I'm having real difficulty adapting. Played a few matches, the game tells me I'm ready for Semi-Pro-level, play my first match and get my ass handed to me. I gotten better at defence, but I can't score for shit. Either the goalie is in the way or I'm shooting at people in the crowd :(

Try to use more of the field to open up passing and shooting lanes. Move the ball up the wings, and don't be afraid to pass the ball backwards back to your midfielders if you don't have a shot

I'm so close to giving up on this, played almost 100 fut games and i still can't defend for shit. Once i got the hang of driblers i started conceding from long range shots or some shit like that. This game has the most amount of fifa goals in years. Near post, long ranged, drible past an entire team, you name it. The whole FUT tactic seems to come down to buying fast players for the key positions and exploit the game mechanics. Every game plays so similar. Yet i can't stop playing this shit.

Same thing happened to me. Got frustrated with dribblers started using contain, then started conceding loads of headers and long range shots. Can't stop playing aswell but i win most of my matches so it's all good.

FUT is all about pace though. I try using defenders and CDMs with 75+ pace wingers and strikers with 80+ pace.

i tried playing football at the start but people kept exploiting the mechanics and so i just got pacy players at all positions

v1lla21

This has really helped a lot, thanks! I've also changed my pre-game tactics to "high-pressure", and set my two CB's to play man-to-man defence. This has cracked down on the dribbling quite a bit, I'm on a 3 game win streak now with the last game being a clean sheet 1-0 victory. Thanks again!
No problem! I set mine to possession because high pressure makes the players run a lot and lose stamina, so in counter attacks my players will not have a lot of power to run or cut.

I love playing against through ball people. I know how to defend from that too so the counters almost always ends up with a goal.

Wtf Kaka is not in the game? Neither are like two players from Club America.

gcizzle

Neo Member
Are we still expecting a gameplay patch for this? I know there was a PC-related patch but it was mostly fixing connection glitches and what not.

zeyadzoz

Neo Member
Are we still expecting a gameplay patch for this? I know there was a PC-related patch but it was mostly fixing connection glitches and what not.

Well they just released a patch on consoles as well. I haven't downloaded it, but I read that it only fixed some minor things on the menus, career mode & UT. Nothing about the gameplay.

This is by far the worst Fifa they've ever released. They just ruined Tactical defending, which was the best thing they've ever done. What I used to love about fifa & made it superior to PES is the defending. If you defend well you can never lose. Now? if someone just sprints you can never stop him.

Oh and I won't even want to start with player stats, I feel that they're watching a whole other sport. The Swiss Express Stephan Licht only gets 77 (who is actually one of the best right backs in the world), yet other random right backs get 77 or even more (like Inter's Jonathan!) what?!

jesalr

How to you set your CBs to play man-to-man, the only instructions I can give them is attacking support.

k1t4j

Hey guys I got this game as a present and I am not a big fan of it all but I was wondering if theres a place where I could possibly trade? the ultimate team 40 packs code and the messi code for something else?

I don't really want to get rid of the game but i guess someone else would make a better use out of this...

If you guys know of something please send me a pm thanks!

Double D

Anyone know of good 3 star skill moves aside from the roulette? I'm trying to do the pro challenge to get 4 star skills and need to beat 100 players with skill but really only have success with the roulette.

Tainted

Well they just released a patch on consoles as well. I haven't downloaded it, but I read that it only fixed some minor things on the menus, career mode & UT. Nothing about the gameplay!

Argh....Tell me they stealth fixed the overscan bug on the PS4 ? I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes at all

Tainted

No, they didn't. :(

Confirmed this for myself :( I think I'm going to shelf FIFA 15 for a while until they fix this and other glaring issues.

I mean no offence to sensible soccer, but to me this is how FIFA 15 plays in online seasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL2T4Yn2Tq8

If I wanted to play a 'soccer' game like this, id play sensible soccer :) It's sad to think they only had to make a few tweaks to the excellent FIFA 14 and we could have had a perfect football game :(

Anyone know of good 3 star skill moves aside from the roulette? I'm trying to do the pro challenge to get 4 star skills and need to beat 100 players with skill but really only have success with the roulette.

Step overs, they are a really good way to do a 90 degree turn, probably better than the Berba/Mcgeady spin.

Do handballs not work for anyone else?

Like always with a new FIFA, turning on handballs is the first thing I do. But so far I haven't had a single free kick or penalty, for or against. Despite countless times where the ball has struck a hand.

Very strange.

Top Bottom